TX - Jan 21 & 22 Food/Volunteer Thread for Hailey Dunn Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to help, but it would be silly to order food that will only be wasted. It seems like sooo many people have already signed on for pizza that there's way more coming than will be eaten. Can you open the threads for future dates so people can start signing up for those? And maybe close the thread when it gets to the point where ridiculous amounts of food are about to be dropped on the searchers? Or have the merchant tell callers when there are already enough food orders, so they can buy soda or something else?

Lisa,
Please read the whole thread. This is exactly what we are doing.

We have Friday all done and I am going to open a thread up for Saturday but, as I have posted, I have been out all day.

Be watching for the weekend thread coming up soon. Thank you very much for your offer. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

I just called and placed the order for: all Large
1 Canadian Bacon
1 Bacon
1 Sausage
1 Mushroom
2 bottles of soda (1 Coke & 1 Diet Coke)

The lady I spoke to was very nice and had all the info already. She said they had a total of 12 pizzas (including mine) already ordered for tomorrow and 12 bottles of soda.

Just an FYI - The price with 1 topping was $8.99 and the price for just cheese was $7.99 the soda was $2.49 per 2 liter bottle. Still a great deal on the Pizza's and I thanked them for doing that.

It does my heart good to see all of you so willing to help these volunteers in TX. Also big thanks to Tricia for setting this in motion and giving those of us who are far away from TX the ability to help in some way.

Praying for Hailey to come home!!

OK they were suppose only 7 dollars and if they have been charging you more that was not was what was agreed to. Let me check into it.

JUST SPOKE WITH MARIA AT THE PIZZA PLACE AND SHE HAS NOT RUN ANY OF THE CARDS YET. SHE WILL GO THROUGH AND MAKE SURE THEY ALL SAY 6.99 FOR THE PIZZAS.
So unless you ordered something with a bunch of toppings or something different you should only be charged 6.99 plus tax.

OK, off to read more.

I just called and ordered mine for Friday. They are $8.99 plus tax. Just thought Id pass this on.

Just to make sure everyone knows Maria said she would make sure no one was charged more than 6.99.

Lisa,
Please read the whole thread. This is exactly what we are doing.

We have Friday all done and I am going to open a thread up for Saturday but, as I have posted, I have been out all day.

Be watching for the weekend thread coming up soon. Thank you very much for your offer. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.
Tricia,

I am going out for the evening but I am still in for Saturday. Pizza, Subs, whatever. I just didn't want you to think I had flaked if I don't make it over to the Saturday thread until later. I am on the West Coast so it might be really late where you are.

SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS WHOLE THREAD START HERE WITH POST 44

My Wonderful Websleuths Members.

You all continue to be so incredibly generous. Thank you.

We had one Websleuths reader (not a member) take her girl scout troupe down to the search center and deliver a bunch of their wonderful cookies. Thank you.

This thread is for Saturday January 21st Food and Volunteer information for the search for Hailey Dunn.

Here are the people who have agreed to help for Saturday:

EastTexas
Truthwillsetyoufree
Purplehaze
Dreamweaver
Katiemodonna
LadyLuck
Huskiki
DoughGirl07
MnkeyBznes
simply caustic coffee

Our very own wonderful Redcat is on the ground at Colorado City.
I will be getting with her and seeing what she has set up as far as merchants and food. As soon as we have the information we will post the number and prices.

Everyone hang tight. It might be a bit later tonight before I can post the info for Saturday's food.

The location of the search center is:

The address of the Civic Center is
157 West 2nd Street
Colorado City, TX 79512-6304
(325) 728-2072

You know if anyone looses faith in human nature all they need to do is come here and read these threads. What a wonderful group.

THANK YOU ALL

Tricia

This is so great to see everyone helping out! I forgot the poster's name in the last thread but I want to say a HUGE thank you to the Donut Queen!!!

I think Saturday is looking good so I will add my name in for Sunday. Thanks!

This thread is for Saturday January 21st Food and Volunteer information for the search for Hailey Dunn.

EastTexas
Truthwillsetyoufree
Purplehaze
Dreamweaver
Katiemodonna
LadyLuck
Huskiki
DoughGirl07
MnkeyBznes
simply caustic coffee

Tricia

SBM. Please add my name to the list. :) If you don't need my donation for Saturday, I will hold off and wait for the Sunday thread. Thanks for all you do, Tricia!

Tricia, you forgot me for Saturday. I can do Saturday or Sunday, wherever you need me. :)

I can do a pizza for Saturday or Sunday. Please let me know.

Thanks,

mgardner

My Wonderful Websleuths Members.

You all continue to be so incredibly generous. Thank you.

We had one Websleuths reader (not a member) take her girl scout troupe down to the search center and deliver a bunch of their wonderful cookies. Thank you.

EastTexas
Truthwillsetyoufree
Purplehaze
Dreamweaver
Katiemodonna
LadyLuck
Huskiki
DoughGirl07
MnkeyBznes
simply caustic coffee

Our very own wonderful Redcat is on the ground at Colorado City.
I will be getting with her and seeing what she has set up as far as merchants and food. As soon as we have the information we will post the number and prices.

Everyone hang tight. It might be a bit later tonight before I can post the info for Saturday's food.

The location of the search center is:

The address of the Civic Center is
157 West 2nd Street
Colorado City, TX 79512-6304
(325) 728-2072

You know if anyone looses faith in human nature all they need to do is come here and read these threads. What a wonderful group.

THANK YOU ALL

Tricia

How are we donating?? I'll join in also

Just wanted to make sure you saw this from the last thread. I think it's a great offer!

Simply Caustic:

I hesitated before posting this, initially: Then I realized, I'm on a thread with all these wonderful people donating their time, hard-earned money, effort, tears, and love for a child they more than likely never met, maybe in a part of the country they've never visited --just because they are nice people (Wsers, of course).
What better place to share a lil something personal? :)

In regards to coffee....my family owns a chain of Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the Chicagoland area and suburbs, and we have a commissary (that's where they bake the donuts, bagels, etc. and ship them out to the stores for sale). My dad is on the Board of the Midwest Distribution Center of Dunkin' Donuts. Why do you care about any of this? (Other than to be jealous of my nickname as the Donut Princess of Chicago). Because....

Coffee's on me. Seriously, it's incredibly cheap (about 14 cents per cup not including the paper products) and it's very easy to ship...we can ship it in 5 pound bags of coffee beans (then you need a grinder) or 1 lb/2lb bags of ground coffee. When it comes to cups, lids, etc. I would have to have a 'limit' around like 500 or so simply due to cost, but the actual coffee, creamer, sugar, sugar subsititute, stirrers....well, I would be more than happy to provide it, and I could overnight it out tomorrow (if needed) - and I can send as much as you need.

Also, I don't work in the family business as a career,but still own a portion along with my siblings and Dad --I have no 'pull' but my Dad's been an owner since 1977, and so, I can guarantee that if there are any Dunkin Donuts in the immediate area, he can get them to donate donuts, bagels, or something...munchkins, maybe, as they are not too pricey.

Anyway, I would also be glad to provide for food from one of the local restaurants (the point of this thread, sorry for hijacking) - but would a cash donation be maybe a better route for me, since all you good people have Friday (at last glance, and maybe Sat) covered?

Thanks guys, and I'll keep checking this thread to see. I really want to help.

I'm in for two more pizzas on the weekend. Hopefully, they won't be needed cause she'll be found tomorrow.

Thanks Everyone for being so patient. Waiting to hear back from redcat to see what she has found out.

Check back here every couple of hours or so. Hopefully we will have this all organized by late tonight.

Just hanging around waiting for Saturday instructions from Redcat:)

I would like to help in anyway. If anything is needed from the DFW area to help with the search, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry I can't afford to help out, but I just wanted to say THANK-YOU to all of you who have been and are volunteering, sending food and donating your time to help out! You are all wonderful!! May Hailey be found soon :praying:
:rocker::tyou::gthanks::grouphug:
:yourock::

Sorry I can't afford to help out, but I just wanted to say THANK-YOU to all of you who have been and are volunteering, sending food and donating your time to help out! You are all wonderful!! May Hailey be found soon :praying:
:rocker::tyou::gthanks::grouphug:
:yourock::

I can't right now either, but just wanted to drop in and give my support. This is an awesome place.... :)

My thoughts/prayers are with those who are searching. If I were closer, I'd search. Hope she's found soon.

Beli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member