TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry people, I'm new at this (starting a thread) but I came across the news article and when I didn't see it here, I started the thread.
News report said his car was found totaled about 30 miles from campus around midnight in Caldwell County, near I-10, and he was supposed to be headed east to Sienna. His car, a Nissan Altima, was found and his phone, keys and personal possessions were all there, but no sign of Jason.
The photo of the car looks like he was rear ended in a major way, but there's no mention of another vehicle. Definitely strange. Any news, help, information would be greatly appreciated. I think they said this happened Sunday night.

I wondered about road rage, an unexpected passenger, but nothing makes sense unless it was deliberately done or the person causing the accident took off. I also wonder how far they looked for Jason. He could have been thrown, could have been disoriented and went looking for the nearest building. Could he be lying in the brush near the road? Or not so near?
I tried to figure out how to download a map here, but I lacked the skills. Sorry.

Last edited:
Texas State student from Missouri City missing after car found totaled, abandoned

Family, friends and law enforcement officers from several agencies are searching for 21-year-old Texas State University student Jason Landry from Missouri City after his totaled and abandoned sedan was found near the college.

Landry left from Texas State to home for the Christmas break Sunday night. A passerby found his crashed-out car along Salt Flat Road around midnight, 30 miles from campus, and alerted police.

His wallet, phone and other belongings were left inside the Nissan Altima, his mother said.

The link includes a video of the news report. It shows Landry’s wrecked vehicle. Is it possible he was thrown from the car as he wrecked?

Law enforcement searching for Texas State student who disappeared after crash near Luling

To Note from article 1:
•Jason David Landry, 21, a Texas State University student
•Landry is from the Houston area
•Jason’s car was found wrecked
•LE officers found the crashed vehicle near Salt Flat Road north of Interstate 10
•wreck was near Luling, Texas
•wreck is believed to happen around midnight (Mon morning, Dec 14)
•personal items and a cell phone were found in the vehicle
•officials had a helicopter crew search the area for Landry or any other possible victims. Officers are still searching the area on the ground.

Texas State student from Missouri City missing after car found totaled, abandoned

To Note from article 2:
•Jason Landry is a 21-year-old Texas State University student
•Landry from Missouri City
•his totaled and abandoned sedan was found near the college
•A passerby found his crashed-out car along Salt Flat Road around midnight, 30 miles from campus, and alerted police
•his wallet, phone and other belongings were left inside the Nissan Altima
•Helicopters, hounds, horses, drones and lots of prayers are helping in the search, the family said

upload_2020-12-15_1-10-10.jpeg
Photo of Salt Flat Rd

Family, friends and law enforcement officers from several agencies are searching for 21-year-old Texas State University student Jason Landry from Missouri City after his totaled and abandoned sedan was found near the college.

Landry left from Texas State to home for the Christmas break Sunday night. A passerby found his crashed-out car along Salt Flat Road around midnight, 30 miles from campus, and alerted police.

His wallet, phone and other belongings were left inside the Nissan Altima, his mother said.

The link includes a video of the news report. It shows Landry’s wrecked vehicle. Is it possible he was thrown from the car as he wrecked?
There was another recent case that was very similar to this one. The man’s car was found crashed, and blood was found inside. If I recall, he was found many days later in a nearby body of water.

Hopefully they can find Jason before it’s too late.

Last edited:
It seems like a strange place to get rear-ended, if that's what appears to have happened in pictures. I wish there were more description on how the car was found, i.e. blood in the car. Kind of confused how the front and back are totaled, unless he was somehow hit from behind and ran into a tree. When I first saw the article, I was thinking he had a concussion and wandered off. Also, I had many friends who would leave to drive from Lubbock to Houston (9 hour drive) late at night, so I don't find him leaving late that strange, necessarily

I'm confused why he even would have been on that road to begin with? These are both routes from Texas State to Missouri City. The street view of the road he was on reminds me of "typical" Texas "country roads." They usually have no street lights and would be incredibly dark at night.

ETA: the Salt Flat Road runs between the first two routes. both would require toll if he were trying to avoid that.

Attachments

• IMG_2310.jpeg
    IMG_2310.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2311.jpeg
    IMG_2311.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Jason Landry Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Landry’s car was found crashed in Caldwell County on Monday, December 14 around 12:30 a.m. after a resident reported seeing it near U.S. 183 off Salt Flat Road.
His car likely crashed sometime between 11:30 p.m. Sunday and 12:30 a.m. Monday.

Landry’s car appeared to have been in a single-car accident and had hit two trees.

His scent may have been tracked to a nearby abandoned house, but he had not been found.

Landry was driving from Texas State to Sienna Plantation in the Houston region.

A small amount of blood was found in the car.

His phone, wallet, keys, and other belongings were all still in the car.

It’s unknown what he was wearing at the time. He has a scar on one of his ankles and medium-length hair. He may have a goatee.

Helicopters, dogs, and drones were being used to detect body heat.

Do we even know for sure he was driving last? As always I wonder if LE enlisted the family in viewing the inside of the vehicle to see if they might recognize anything out of place, ie; the drivers seat position. I have personally driven some very dark, isolated routes in Texas while traveling north to visit family in the past, and although I avoided tolls and saved some time, in present day, I wouldn't risk it. In situations like this, a tollbooth camera could be extremely helpful. MOO

The only thing extra I have to offer is that I was in a head on collision, thought I broke my nose from my face hitting the steering wheel, plenty of nose bleed, and luckily was close enough to home that I could walk back (although definitely disoriented), BUT I was a block from my house. I wonder if something similar happened to JL, except he wasn't close to home. Surprised he hasn't been found.

Do we even know for sure he was driving last? As always I wonder if LE enlisted the family in viewing the inside of the vehicle to see if they might recognize anything out of place, ie; the drivers seat position. I have personally driven some very dark, isolated routes in Texas while traveling north to visit family in the past, and although I avoided tolls and saved some time, in present day, I wouldn't risk it. In situations like this, a tollbooth camera could be extremely helpful. MOO

Interesting point. I HATE driving late at night, especially CRs. Even the brights on your car don't help much.

I wonder if he typically travelled at night (plenty of my friends did), or if this were abnormal. I hope he's just a bit confused and is found soon. the street view of the road he was on.... I'd be surprised if he encountered another car that late. only because I live in SE Texas, and rarely see it on those type of roads

Missing: Jason Landry - Caldwell County, Texas

upload_2020-12-15_18-37-47.jpeg

It’s unknown what color, style or type of clothing that Jason was wearing. Jason has a scar on his ankle; possibly the right ankle. Jason has medium length hair, and he is believed to have a goatee. If you have seen Jason Landry since his reported disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning Jason’s disappearance; please call the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office at (512) 398-6777 - call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne