TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be zero light. He wouldn’t be able to see his hand in front of his face. Maybe he started walking after sun came up. I can’t remember what time trooper found vehicle. So bizarre. I do agree w head injury.
Oh someone mentioned headlights. But would they still be working? Idk
I don't agree that in complete darkness outdoors you cannot see anything. I have been outside far from city lights in complete darkness and after about 15 minutes your eyes adjust to the darkness. Also, it would depend on the phase of the moon that night. IMO regardless hope he is found soon.

I don't agree that in complete darkness outdoors you cannot see anything. I have been outside far from city lights in complete darkness and after about 15 minutes your eyes adjust to the darkness. Also, it would depend on the phase of the moon that night. IMO regardless hope he is found soon.
It was unfortunately a new moon, so no moonlight at all.

Search continues for missing Texas State student

Jason‘s family was told that his car was found around 12:30 Monday morning by a volunteer firefighter who was returning from a call. The family was also told that about an hour earlier an oil field worker drove by the same spot and did not see a thing. Dogs tracked a scent indicating Jason was walking back toward Luling. After about a quarter of a mile, the trail disappeared.

So if dogs tracked his scent from his car to the abandoned house (roughly 1/4 mile), then lost it, but then yesterday, 5 dogs picked up his scent at the pond ... could this mean he may have been in a vehicle between the house and the pond, perhaps indicating foul play? How far is the pond from the abandoned house?

Police looking for a Texas State University student in Caldwell County

“The car got off the road and spun around, and the back driver-side trunk, bumper and the side of the car took most of the impact," Cockrell said Thursday.

Cockrell said emergency crews found some of Landry's personal items outside of the car at the scene of the crash, including a backpack that helped authorities identify him and contact his family. He said authorities currently do not believe anything was taken from Landry's vehicle.

Search continues for missing Texas State student Jason Landry | khou.com

Ken Landry said there is someone who knows what happened to his son and is pleading for anyone with information about what happened to come forward.

I feel like that statement implies more than a car wreck. Thoughts?

The quote said 'someone was driving by about an hour earlier and nothing was there'. Then, it's quoted 'the accident most likely happened between 2330 and 0030 hrs (11:30 pm to 112:30 am).

I'm telling you IMH Educated Opinion, the timing is way too convenient. Think about it.
Someone drives by. Within half an hour or less, someone else comes by
alone, has an accident, (think about this. Do you really have an accident, try to get yourself together, get out of the car and disappear, all before someone else comes by within an hour.) This is not how something like this happens. Okay, Murphy's Law. But I'm telling you, this is so unlikely how all of this happened. It's like a badly written book. I know truth is stranger than fiction. But something, or someone, is missing. Maybe it was a one car accident, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a little help. Someone else could have caused that accident without actually hitting his car. Someone could have 'helped' him away from the scene, but even that doesn't make sense. Think through a time line. How long does a car accident take? What happens immediately after? You don't jump right out of the car. It takes time to pull yourself somewhat together. Then, it takes time to get out of the car, stand there and think and then move on. Is it possible someone else came along, didn't see him in the road and hit him?
Something in this sequence is missing. Someone in this chain of events isn't admitting to their presence.
Anybody want to give this some thought? I guess it's terrible to say, but in law enforcement, the last person to see someone is unfortunately someone they look at. Family members, too, but this was not at home. Was someone else in the car with him? Who saw Jason leave the campus?
I'll say IMO, or 'I've read too many books.'

Last edited:
I have photos of the area and trees he wrecked at. They were from SAR on site. There are not yet posted on MSM and I doubt they will be cause these were taken several days ago. I don’t think if I can post here, correct?

Were these since the wreck or prior to? If it's the actual site, isn't it admissible? You're new, and I'm asking you, lol. Sorry. I don't know was SAR is. In the beginning of the thread, someone posted a photo of that road. If your photos are similar? Ask a staff member.

Yes it does— hwy 80 turns into Salt Flat Rd. If you don’t turn right.
Google Maps

Eta Actually to confuse things more it turns into E. Austin St., then Spruce, then Salt Flat Rd.
Thanks for explaining all of that! I only have my iPad and was trying to look at maps earlier and for some reason every time I pull up a map it disappears as soon as I try to zoom in on anything.

I have photos of the area and trees he wrecked at. They were from SAR on site. There are not yet posted on MSM and I doubt they will be cause these were taken several days ago. I don’t think if I can post here, correct?
I think you can only post them if they are your pictures. And by yours, I mean that you took the photos.

Where the car was found. Thats the killing fields of Texas correct? is this the place see link.
Texas Killing Fields (location) - Wikipedia

They searched around a oil field. Is it the Calder Oil Field?

Caldwell County, Texas. or is it this Caldwell, Texas

looks like he made a right turn, hit something spun around and the trunk ending up against a tree. Decent rate of speed going down that road, looking at the damage. running from someone?. Trying to get out of the area, being followed perhaps? Someone perform a pit maneuver? He made had left his cell phone because he didn't have time to look for it. He was running from the area, not walking perhaps from being chased?

The dog lost scent. Because he was picked up by someone. I don't think it was friendly forces either. Because if they were friendly, He would be home by now. Or at least found in a hospital. But that has not happened.

THE ABOVE IS ALL MOO. SPECULATION. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING A FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO BE. JUT THEORIES, ASSUMPTIONS NOTHING FACTURAL. THINKING OUT LOUD,. OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-22 004406.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-22 004406.png
    897.7 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
The quote said 'someone was driving by about an hour earlier and nothing was there'. Then, it's quoted 'the accident most likely happened between 2330 and 0030 hrs (11:30 pm to 112:30 am).

(think about this. Do you really have an accident, try to get yourself together, get out of the car and disappear, all before someone else comes by within an hour.)'
Sorry, but I have NO idea why any of this timing is suspicious or confusing for you.

Why would LE have found his car at 2 AM and notified his parents? Why would they be patrolling this isolated, gravel road? It seems strange to me that they would have been out on that road that late at night without having received a tip or something. MOO MOO MOO
It was stated in an article posted somewhere earlier in this thread that a volunteer firefighter returning from a call saw the car and called it in.

Where the car was found. Thats the killing fields of Texas correct? is this the place see link.

looks like he made a right turn, hit something spun around and the trunk ending up against a tree. Decent rate of speed going down that road, looking at the damage. running from someone?. Trying to get out of the area, being followed perhaps? Someone perform a pit maneuver? He made had left his cell phone because he didn't have time to look for it. He was running from the area, not walking perhaps from being chased?

The dog lost scent. Because he was picked up by someone. I don't think it was friendly forces either. Because if they were friendly, He would be home by now. Or at least found in a hospital. But that has not happened.

THE ABOVE IS ALL MOO. SPECULATION. NOTHING POSTED AS BEING A FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO BE. JUT THEORIES, ASSUMPTIONS NOTHING FACTURAL. THINKING OUT LOUD,. OUTSIDE THE BOX.
No the killing fields was further into Houston near Galveston. Stretch of I45.

Did he make any calls with his cell phone after leaving the college?

Perusing through Googlemaps and using whatever pictures and info I can find, I think the abandoned house thats referenced in articles that dogs tracked his scent to is 2379 Salt Flat Rd. The image is an old one, but even then it looked unkempt. About 30 yards down the road is a pretty thick tree that would be capable of doing the damage seen on the car and there aren't alot of them right on the road itself. It's the gravel part of the road so it checks that box also and its a pretty good ways from the center of town. There is also a decent sized pond not far from it where they say 5 dogs tracked his scent to and had it drained. I think this may be the spot. Stands to reason he was lost, going too fast, noticed the house on his right and took his eyes off the road long enough to lose control and smack the tree in a spinout. All speculation of course, but it makes sense.

Did he make any calls with his cell phone after leaving the college?
I was wondering this too. Did his parents know he was on his way? Did he call them when he left? They were asleep at 2am when they got the call. If they knew he was driving home at that time and never made it they would have been worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member