TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, he is missing.
He became separated from his vehicle and cannot be found.
We know nothing about his mental state because no verifiable source has been quoted in MSM.
So back to the search.
Where can he be?
As well as that his prior mental state could very well be altered after the shock of the crash.
We need good maps of the topography and a fair idea of areas already searched, or at least a good guess.

With maps, I’d only be speculating about his final location, since I’m 1,209 miles away.

That said: I’ll speculate that he’ll eventually be found within the search area. It’s really hard to find people, even for the best, especially if that person tried to hide.

Another thing I have wondered about is his glasses. Did they stay on during the accident? If not was he near or farsighted? Were they found in vehicle or not?

Also, when I was originally reading about this- scanning really- I feel like I remembered a comment about the bumper being pulled off after the accident. Am I dreaming? Anyone else see that? I can’t remember where I saw nor find it again.

With maps, I’d only be speculating about his final location, since I’m 1,209 miles away.

That said: I’ll speculate that he’ll eventually be found within the search area. It’s really hard to find people, even for the best, especially if that person tried to hide.
I agree. Do we know what he was last seen wearing? Depending on what he was wearing, he could easily blend in with the terrain. People are missed in areas already searched many times.

I was really hoping he would be found by now :(

Random thoughts/questions:

1. Where exactly was the blood found, quantity, and was it confirmed as Jason’s?

2. Wonder how much fuel was in car when found? If he was running low, going off route thinking there might be a station could account for the location.

3. Was it ever determined/mentioned if keys were in ignition when found? Was car running? Lights on or off?

4. When pond was searched did they ever determine what gave the (apparently) false sonar reading that caused them to search in the first place?

Sorry if these were already discussed/answered, with 39 pages it’s hard to process. Praying that by some miracle Jason can be found alive.

Another thing I have wondered about is his glasses. Did they stay on during the accident? If not was he near or farsighted? Were they found in vehicle or not?

Also, when I was originally reading about this- scanning really- I feel like I remembered a comment about the bumper being pulled off after the accident. Am I dreaming? Anyone else see that? I can’t remember where I saw nor find it again.
Regarding the bumper:
I’ll have to go back & look if there’s anything about the bumper being pulled off. But we do know the following:
•the back driver-side trunk, bumper and the side of the car took most of the impact

Small possibility, but maybe with a head injury, he couldn't remember anything. Someone did pick him up. He recalls some random place he wants to be driven to. Nobody knows he has amnesia. Just a theory.
It's quite possible, anything is.
We know he was tracked a distance from his vehicle. His phone was found jammed under a seat.
Did he accept a car lift from someone unknown and stashed his phone and wallet back in his car with the intention of going for assistance?
Or did he call somebody to come pick him up and for got he'd hidden them due to head injury?
I'm only speculating wildly because I don't have the faintest clue where he could be now.

@diggndeeperstill
Click on this link; there’s a clear photo of his car and the back of the car/bumper is barely hanging on.

Father of missing Texas State student continues searching for answers

hope that helps :)

It's quite possible, anything is.
We know he was tracked a distance from his vehicle. His phone was found jammed under a seat.
Did he accept a car lift from someone unknown and stashed his phone and wallet back in his car with the intention of going for assistance?
Or did he call somebody to come pick him up and for got he'd hidden them due to head injury?
I'm only speculating wildly because I don't have the faintest clue where he could be now.
There is so much to speculate about in this case for sure... trying to put myself in his position I do not think I would leave either my wallet or phone intentionally if going to find assistance. Not really knowing how they were found in the car it’s very likely they were thrown around during the crash. I’m hoping that the last place his scent was tracked to (an old house?) was searched thoroughly...

Lóoking at map you can cut back to hwy 86 in a few place from Salt flat rd. If you start losing control on a gravel road..it is the same as ice..just keep your wheels straight. But most people correct and then the car does a 360 and it will be the rear that gets first impact and then drivers side. Hard to say which way he would walk , along the road would be logical, but he probably would not be sure of which direction to go.

Lóoking at map you can cut back to hwy 86 in a few place from Salt flat rd. If you start losing control on a gravel road..it is the same as ice..just keep your wheels straight. But most people correct and then the car does a 360 and it will be the rear that gets first impact and then drivers side. Hard to say which way he would walk , along the road would be logical, but he probably would not be sure of which direction to go.

BBM
I’ve been trying to find the link where it was stated in an article something about after the accident they (LE) stated JL headed in a certain direction or way.
That made me question how they knew this/what evidence showed this/etc.

Important to Note (IMO)
Asked about earlier reports of dogs picking up a scent at an abandoned home near the crash site, Miller said canines brought in to search the area were “going back and forth” between the abandoned house and a pond that was later drained and searched, without finding Landry. But investigators are not certain the canine was picking up on Landry’s scent, because a deputy and a trooper had checked the same house just after the wreck was discovered."

Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays

Important to Note (IMO)
Asked about earlier reports of dogs picking up a scent at an abandoned home near the crash site, Miller said canines brought in to search the area were “going back and forth” between the abandoned house and a pond that was later drained and searched, without finding Landry. But investigators are not certain the canine was picking up on Landry’s scent, because a deputy and a trooper had checked the same house just after the wreck was discovered."

Missing Texas State student Jason Landry’s abandoned car did not cause immediate concern; police work to overcome early investigative delays
Isn't it crazy that a car that wrecked wouldn't cause immediate concern?

There is so much to speculate about in this case for sure... trying to put myself in his position I do not think I would leave either my wallet or phone intentionally if going to find assistance. Not really knowing how they were found in the car it’s very likely they were thrown around during the crash. I’m hoping that the last place his scent was tracked to (an old house?) was searched thoroughly...
Well TES were the chief searchers, I'm pretty sure they would have checked that out..
They are very good and have excellent resources at their disposal.
You will find our organization to be compassionate, dedicated and professional. We believe that we can better ourselves by working together to help the community and people in need. Many of our members are trained in various rescue and life saving skills such as CPR, advanced lifesaving skills and field craft. Our members come from all walks of life, consisting of business owners, medics, firefighters, housewives, electricians, students, former FBI and law enforcement, current law enforcement, former and current U.S. Marshall, Coast Guard and all walks of military, former and current, on our team. Our resources range from horse and rider teams to foot searchers and ATVs. We conduct water searches using boats, divers and sonar equipment. Additionally, we perform air searches using planes, helicopters and small drone airplanes with highly sophisticated cameras. We have also utilized infrared and night vision cameras, along with ground penetration units in some of our searches. Texas EquuSearch has more resources than most law enforcement agencies, which allows law enforcement to conduct their investigation, while Texas EquuSearch conducts organized searches. This has worked out to be a great working relationship between law enforcement and Texas EquuSearch. This has also resulted in Texas EquuSearch being contacted by law enforcement agencies across the nation to assist them in their missing person cases.

About TXEQ

Important to Note (IMO)

Well, the dogs would have been given an item of his clothing and that is the scent they tracked.
They would not have been tracking somebody else's scent.
YIIKES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member