TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussing Jason's case. Posts about the Nathan Heathco case and others have been removed as off topic. Please stay on topic by discussing Jason's case only.

Websleuths is fact based, meaning social media rumors and hearsay are not allowed. If you can't provide MSM or LE links to what you state as fact, Websleuths classifies it as rumor and your post will be removed.

If you have inside information on this case, you must be Verified in order to post without providing links to what you state as fact. If you are not a Verified Insider, you must provide links to what you state as fact, otherwise your post will be removed.

For information on Websleuths verification process, please click here.

Also, do not discuss removed posts or moderation on the thread or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

New members need to review The Rules they agreed to upon joining Websleuths.

Thank you.

Jason comes from a conservative? back ground. He is learning about some things later than many. I had a friend they were like rebellious and learning about drugs and life by the time I was same age and world wise

Still nothing new here that I've heard. Drove by the location of the accident yesterday and someone has put up a cross on the tree he hit. There are still pieces from the car on the ground...looks like headlights or taillights. Other than that, you'd never know that anything had happened out there.

Still nothing new here that I've heard. Drove by the location of the accident yesterday and someone has put up a cross on the tree he hit. There are still pieces from the car on the ground...looks like headlights or taillights. Other than that, you'd never know that anything had happened out there.
Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the actual accident site for us as I have seen a few different locations mentioned. Is it the tree just north of the abandoned house 2379 SFR?

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the actual accident site for us as I have seen a few different locations mentioned. Is it the tree just north of the abandoned house 2379 SFR?
It's probably around 1/4 of a mile past the northernmost abandoned house (there are 2 abandoned houses right next to each other). There is an entry drive on the east side of SFR that leads into an oil patch where the searchers were congregating right after it happened and the tree is probably 100 yards or so past that. Hopefully you can see the map below.

It's probably around 1/4 of a mile past the northernmost abandoned house (there are 2 abandoned houses right next to each other). There is an entry drive on the east side of SFR that leads into an oil patch where the searchers were congregating right after it happened and the tree is probably 100 yards or so past that. Hopefully you can see the map below.
Excellent. Very helpful, thank you.

If his backpack and clothes were found 900 feet south of accident would that be about where the search party’s headquarters were?
I think probably closer to the accident scene. I didn't use the measuring tool on Google Earth so I'm not exactly sure. Update to my post...I went back on Google Earth and you are correct...that's just about 900 feet from the accident site.
Also, I went back and checked and it looks to me like the nearest "house" (really a couple of gooseneck trailers, etc. that seem to be occupied regularly) is just over a mile away from the accident site going south on SFR. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I assume there is a chance he may have gone west on Pumper Road before he would have gotten to that dwelling. Also, as you can see from the map, there are a number of roads off of SFR that look like they could be roads or driveways, but they just lead out into oil patches.

Last edited:
I see it now. Is the pond that was drained the one directly east of the southernmost house, do you happen to know?
I don't know. I drove over there at around the time they said they were draining the pond, but I couldn't really tell. There was one on the west side of SFR that was empty, but I have no idea if that is the one they drained or not. Also, just FYI, those ponds in this area are called "stock tanks" or "tanks" as they are typically for cattle to drink out of...just wanted to let you know in case you see that terminology somewhere.

I am wondering if you know if it is common to have abandoned houses in that area? Do you know if abandoned houses are known for people breaking in or vandalizing them?

I don't know. I drove over there at around the time they said they were draining the pond, but I couldn't really tell. There was one on the west side of SFR that was empty, but I have no idea if that is the one they drained or not. Also, just FYI, those ponds in this area are called "stock tanks" or "tanks" as they are typically for cattle to drink out of...just wanted to let you know in case you see that terminology somewhere.

Thanks ... the approximate location of the wreck is further north than what I first thought... so that stock tank might not be the one after all.

Pretty countryside out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member