TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know one car passed before he crashed and another reported after if I remember right. That’s 3 cars on this road all after 11 pm I presume. With that rate of traffic, there was likely at least 1 more.

Is there someone local that would have reason to be down that road that night? What was the reason the other two vehicles were headed down that road? Any event or party that a few people were at?

According to the police there was an oil field worker who didn’t see a wrecked car at about 11:30 pm driving down that road ...then the volunteer firefighter who was going to or coming from a call down Salt Flat Road saw the wrecked car at about 12:30....so there’s only about an hour time frame that the car was wrecked......

I know it doesn’t make sense.....

...a volunteer firefighter who was going to, or coming from a call? I missed that bit of information somehow. What call? Was there a fire someplace? Was it a bogus call intended to get someone out there so they'd notice the wrecked car? I'm sorry for being uninformed on this but it caught my eye and now I'm wondering.

Edited to add...I am replying to the comment immediately about mine. For some reason it did not include that quoted comment when I replied.

...a volunteer firefighter who was going to, or coming from a call? I missed that bit of information somehow. What call? Was there a fire someplace? Was it a bogus call intended to get someone out there so they'd notice the wrecked car? I'm sorry for being uninformed on this but it caught my eye and now I'm wondering.

Edited to add...I am replying to the comment immediately about mine. For some reason it did not include that quoted comment when I replied.
It was in one of the very first articles that a volunteer fireman was driving home when he saw the car. I’ll go look at the media thread and try to find it.

I think it’s possible he was on that road due to a panicked state. He left the scene due to a continuation of panic - for whatever reason and is in hiding - perhaps experienced a sudden episode preventing him from making rational thoughts.
JMO

Asking for an opinion here. One of the articles mentioned that JL was going to a friend's home that night before going to his own home the next day. It makes me wonder again if he was alone in the car or did he have a rider with him. Would LE be able to keep that tight a lid on a piece of information like that?

So the issue I have with this is that even during the day there is not a ton of traffic on this road. The few times I've driven down it at night lately I haven't seen any other cars at all. I'm still shocked that someone saw the car when they did at 12:30 in the morning. I bet that I could go sit out there right now until after 1 a.m. and I wouldn't see more than 2-3 cars, if that. Makes me think that if he was picked up it was either someone he knew and he intended to disappear or he was chased out there and wrecked and someone took him.

Thank you for sharing this. It goes along a little with my thinking of a situation from the old Steven Spielberg movie "Duel". A big rig driver terrorizes a man while traveling in his car. Oldie but a goodie. Was Jason the victim of road rage?

Well, we know one car passed before he crashed and another reported after if I remember right. That’s 3 cars on this road all after 11 pm I presume. With that rate of traffic, there was likely at least 1 more.

And somebody owned that house. Somebody owned that Land. Somebody could’ve been out hunting. Someone could’ve used that house as a party pad, man cave, hunting cabin, etc.

I also think back to unfortunately following the Sydney Sutherland case. There was no evidence that she was hit in the roadway, but there is a real possibility she was disabled that way.

If Jason isn’t waiting to be found dead of natural causes or as a result of the wreck, then location of the backpack in the street worries me that he could’ve been hit by someone who disposed of his body. Really really far fetched I suppose. There was no blood found in the roadway of Jason’s but Sydney’s case proved to me there doesn’t have to be. Is there someone local that would have reason to be down that road that night? What was the reason the other two vehicles were headed down that road? Any event or party that a few people were at? How would LE handle questioning locals about whether they were nearby? To me, it does not sound like they believe anything other than he walked away and would not question anyone, even anyone that might refuse entrance to their land or property.

There is also the scenario that it was never him driving the car. Surely to goodness that’s been verified somehow.

So much does not make sense to me.

If we have to explain that he was injured and that is why he dropped his backpack in the road or confused and locked his keys in car then we can’t reconcile the statement made by LE saying he was not injured.

Wonder if the bag /bottle of narcotics was checked for fingerprints?
As far as considering all the possible scenarios...I just keep going back to “why was Jason down that road?”

Because it seems to me, something was awry BEFORE the actual accident. The question is, what exactly was awry?

Jason’s mental condition? His physical condition? Was he being followed or did he imagine he was being followed/chased? Is it definitively known he was the driver at the time of the accident?

I’m not sure if we’ll ever know the answers to some of these questions. But I do think if we just knew what led Jason to be at that place, at that time, it would give us a much better idea of the possible outcomes.

Asking for an opinion here. One of the articles mentioned that JL was going to a friend's home that night before going to his own home the next day. It makes me wonder again if he was alone in the car or did he have a rider with him. Would LE be able to keep that tight a lid on a piece of information like that?
Are you able to find a link to that article? I have never heard that bit of information.

Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this. It goes along a little with my thinking of a situation from the old Steven Spielberg movie "Duel". A big rig driver terrorizes a man while traveling in his car. Oldie but a goodie. Was Jason the victim of road rage?
When I considered this possibility, I pretty much dismissed it because if you are a victim of road rage, seems the LAST thing you’d do is drive down a desolate road?

Are you able to find a link to that article? I have never heard that bit of information.

Thank you.
I have just now tried to find it again and I can't. It was only a line and said that the friend lived in Sienna Plantation. So I had looked it up on Google Maps and found it to be a little south of Missouri City, where his parents lived. I thought at the time that perhaps he was bringing a friend home with him and since they would be late he would stay the night. Also, thought that is why his parents hadn't waited up for him.. I will keep looking.

Has anyone in that area tried entering the same trip into Waze to see if it mistakenly takes you down that road? I know most people use Waze to just get current traffic conditions, but you can also use it for directions.
I'll do that today, but I can tell you that even if Waze/JL missed the turn most people would take to get to I-10, it would have re-routed him about 15 times before he got to the accident site. I just don't think it's feasible. I don't think anybody, following Waze or not, that has probably traveled this route many times (college junior, probably drives home multiple times a year) would miss that turn...ever. It's too distinctive. It's the intersection at a large highway, well-lit gas station just off the corner and coming from San Marcos, it would be the first traffic light he would have come to for approximately the last 10-15 miles. I'll post later with what happens when I approach that intersection using Waze with destination set for Sienna Plantation and I will intentionally miss the turn and see what happens.

I have considered that possibility as well, after having followed this case on WS.

Drugs, hypothermia contributed to death of Michigan woman missing for 2 months, officials say
Adrienne's case.. happened right where my daughter lives.
So sad that happened to her.
I do wonder if Jason all of a sudden got paranoid that maybe someone was following him which made him turn down a dark, deserted road.
Regardless, he is still missing and the circumstances are strange.
Praying for his family that he is found soon.
His Dad speaking on the news just breaks my heart every time he breaks down.
You can hear the pain and anguish in his voice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member