TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the trooper who initially responded, noticed the items (as we can see by body cam footage via evidence provided by Caldwell Co Sheriff's Office) but didn't collect them? Instead he left the clothing and backpack, etc which Jason's father found the next morning??

Could he have become so hypothermic in about an hour of sitting in the car, 35 degrees outside, to paradoxically undress and disappear leaving all his things? I know he’d be cold, but he did have shelter in the car and it was only an hour.

I think, since the entire back window was destroyed in the crash, he may have been more exposed than it might seem, even while in the car.

So the trooper who initially responded, noticed the items (as we can see by body cam footage via evidence provided by Caldwell Co Sheriff's Office) but didn't collect them? Instead he left the clothing and backpack, etc which Jason's father found the next morning??

Yeah that part is not a good look for LE. From the footage it does appear like you can see BOTH piles of things, albeit a ways down the road.

Yes I just watched the YouTube interview with his dad. Photos show license plate was initially on the car...so that theory is out the window! I live in TX so know about the front plate just didn't look close enough at the previous pics to realize the plate was taken off for the auction listing.
What I took away from the interview is:
1. his dad said yes the tow truck most likely would've run over the clothes either on the way to or from towing the car! So why didn't the clothes show tire marks or dirt??
2. the tire tracks could have come from the tow truck per his dad! He has video of the scene but the interviewer never asked him to show the video. How disturbed was the grass from the car possibly sliding 180 degrees and hitting the trees and barb wire? Look at the front wheels they are turned slightly to the left possibly indicating a slide?!
3. which part of the car hit first? In the interview his dad said the front I believe but thought I read that it was the rear that hit first?
4. my observation of the tire track area...are there any footprints? I realize they could've been covered up by vehicle traffic but just curious about that.
5. his dad has video of the clothes in the road during the daylight but again the interviewers didn't ask to see that?!
6. noticed his dad used present tense when talking about Jason smoking weed...he "uses" marijuana.
7. the photo from his dad showing the car in the dark with headlights and taillights ON hmmm!?

We are all invested in this case, it's heartbreaking and I really hope answers come soon!!

I agree...I was frustrated the interviewers did not have his father show the videos he took. I think those would provide useful information.

That is my understanding and I don't understand why the trooper would not collect the items. At the very least pick up the backpack and see what was inside it. I personally would stop out of curiosity.

They did pick up the backpack but left the clothes.

I'm not sure about that. From the press release:

Upon a review of the Troopers body and dash cameras from his initial response to the crash scene, investigators know that approximately 900 feet from the collision scene, the following articles, belonging to Jason, were discovered in the roadway; a backpack, a ball cap, a plastic bag of personal toiletries, and a tumbler with his deceased beta fish in it. These findings were north of the clothing, recovered the next morning by Jason’s father.

I interpret that as Jason's father having given both the backpack and clothing to LE, not just the clothing. UNLESS the "recovered the next morning" only means the clothing, which is confusing.

Upon a review of the Troopers body and dash cameras from his initial response to the crash scene, investigators know that approximately 900 feet from the collision scene, the following articles, belonging to Jason, were discovered in the roadway; a backpack, a ball cap, a plastic bag of personal toiletries, and a tumbler with his deceased beta fish in it. These findings were north of the clothing, recovered the next morning by Jason’s father.

I interpret that as Jason's father having given both the backpack and clothing to LE, not just the clothing.
His father confirmed it in the long video we watched earlier today.
ETA link

Last edited:
The backpack collected but not the clothing. We know this to be true because we saw the Texas DPS inventory recap that included "narcotics" recovered from the scene. (Thread #1)

Reportedly, CCSO officers traveled to Houston to retrieve JL's phone and clothing collected by dad since they were not in evidence.

Last edited:

I interpret that as Jason's father having given both the backpack and clothing to LE, not just the clothing. UNLESS the "recovered the next morning" only means the clothing, which is confusing.
TX DPS inventory report from the crash site itemized the backpack, toiletries, wallet, and "narcotics" collected from the crash. See thread #1.

Last edited:
The crashed vehicle was believed to have rested with the driver's door pressed against the barbed wire fence.

It follows that JL could have been poked the fence at his hip and waist level, pushing the door open to get out of the vehicle.

From the photos, I'd describe the blood on the waistband and garment tag as blood smears from a poke, not a bleeding wound. It really appears as a negligible amount of blood. MOO

He could have poked his finger when getting out and then got the blood on the shorts underwear when he was removing them. I thought it seemed like a small amount too.

GREAT find, thank you.
where is cemetery on that road, can anybody tell?
@HouDat have you got any time to help us figure out a map, please?

There's one right here:

Street View: Google Maps

Attached is the Google Map Satellite View, showing location relative to Luling proper. (red star denotes location)

Attachments

• Cemetery1.jpg
    Cemetery1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 44
Can anyone help me with the dateline episode people were saying airs tonight? I’m trying to find it to record, but can’t.
I don't think there's a Dateline "Missing in America" broadcast video but rather a news reporting feature on missing cases. I believe the Friday broadcast was the youtube video and NG.

Missing in America - Dateline NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members