TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that’s eerie. You can see the clothes from the spot where the backpack was. Why did his dad have to find the clothes and not LE? Weird.

I don't know.

I think DPS was out there investigating what they believed was an "auto accident" and only the backpack caught their eye at that time. I don't think it was until the next day that they realized this was also a missing person investigation -- after the parents confirmed Jason did not make it home.

It’s so sad because he left the car with all of his stuff, even his fish in a cup, but left his phone in the car, which IMO was retrievable between seat and console. He only made it 900 feet before he started dropping things and then undressing. He was clearly not okay when he left the car. :(

ETA. It has to be pure torture for his parents to not spend every second at that location looking for him, knowing he is most likely nearby. I can’t even imagine. I know they can’t just wander around private property, but it would drive me crazy not to!

Last edited:
Interesting that the headlights were on when the car was found. Makes it more difficult to miss when driving by... still possible, though.
he could have sheltered in that car safely and stayed warm, and been found.
Maybe.
It depends upon the nature and seriousness of his injuries...
he would have been found, at least.
It is so so sad.

And, through all this we do not have any absolute evidence that Jason was driving or even in the car at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia. Only that his phone and car were there.
The evidence from the crash site, from dogs etc. is not overwhelmingly evidential. MOO MOO MOO

So you don't think that the clothes - which the dad found and which included his wristwatch - altogether in the road as though put there by the wearer - were the clothes he was wearing?

In 60 minutes, someone hijacked his car, took his clothes, his backpack and his car, then crashed it and put his clothes in the road? This seems very unlikely to me.

I would think carjackers would have taken the backpack, esp if there were “narcotics” in it. JMO of course
It was just a handful of pre rolled blunts.
Backpack contained his gaming gear though which is considerably more valuable.
There was no car jacking.
Everything is exactly as it appeared minus sensationalist headlines from unscrupulous media.
We just don't know where Jason is.

So you don't think that the clothes - which the dad found and which included his wristwatch - altogether in the road as though put there by the wearer - were the clothes he was wearing?

In 60 minutes, someone hijacked his car, took his clothes, his backpack and his car, then crashed it and put his clothes in the road? This seems very unlikely to me.
I think a lot of theories go out the window for me with this release. I think it was definitely JL driving, and only him, and I’m not even sure he was intoxicated. He could have been, but all these new details could just be a lost kid who wrecked. A couple of joints in his backpack means nothing to me. The only thing about that is that LE had said they thought he was not injured. And it seems like they suspect the weed might be laced. But they could be wrong about those things.

I think a lot of theories go out the window for me with this release. I think it was definitely JL driving, and only him, and I’m not even sure he was intoxicated. He could have been, but all these new details could just be a lost kid who wrecked. A couple of joints in his backpack means nothing to me. The only thing about that is that LE had said they thought he was not injured. And it seems like they suspect the weed might be laced. But they could be wrong about those things.
Brain injuries bleed internally and it's a closed cavity so no real space for expansion to accommodate a leaking blood vessel.
Causes intense pain and rushes of heat to head.
I know because I had one (and it's the cause of my spelling words backwards here sometimes)
It is speculation in Jason's case but it fits the picture too well... for dismissal as a theory.
I'm still not sure of location of pond in relation to where he dropped his clothes? Left or right?
He might well have been going to get water for his fish.. but the fish was probably dead at that stage, his container was with the toiletries.
https://www.facebook.com/Caldwell-C...16/photos/pcb.749910755634048/749900552301735

ITA. This clears up so much that was speculated about here over the weeks since. The paradoxical undressing is similar to that seen for many other accident victims. Unfortunately it all doesn't point to a happy outcome.

Brain injuries bleed internally and it's a closed cavity so no real space for expansion to accommodate a leaking blood vessel.
Causes intense pain and rushes of heat to head.
I know because I had one (and it's the cause of my spelling words backwards here sometimes)
It is speculation in Jason's case but it fits the picture too well... for dismissal as a theory.
I'm still not sure of location of pond in relation to where he dropped his clothes? Left or right?
He might well have been going to get water for his fish.. but the fish was probably dead at that stage, his container was with the toiletries.
https://www.facebook.com/Caldwell-C...16/photos/pcb.749910755634048/749900552301735
Yeah a head injury fits better than anything else at this point IMO.
That is SO SAD if he went to find water for his fish. I don’t know why, but that makes me want to cry.

They say “digital footprint” and not “ping”. A digital footprint can be a text, a photo, a video, a search online, or a like on Instagram or Facebook. So he left a digital footprint at the intersection and that was the last they heard from him? I wonder what it was? Did he send a text to someone, like something on Instagram or what? I can see stopped at a red light he would have time to do that. I don’t understand why they think he would be doing that while driving and then crashing. I’m so confused....maybe more will come out later but this is clear as mud.
A digital footprint would be his phone attempting to lock into the internet server at the Valero. That info is retrievable via Google

Yeah a head injury fits better than anything else at this point IMO.
That is SO SAD if he went to find water for his fish. I don’t know why, but that makes me want to cry.
me too..but it's likely he needed water for himself to cool his body down fast, that's the instinct.. just cold water or cold mud in an attempt to ease the godawful headache and rushing heat.
Having said all this, we do not know with any certainty that this is what happened to Jason.
I am speculating based on my own experience and my training too.
Find the water source is my instinct... just find that nad he will be there or nearby.

Do we know the clothes and watch etc found were what JL was wearing or could it be things he’d taken out of his backpack? I guess with the watch it sounds more like what he was wearing. It all just breaks my heart, to think of him out there naked and alone. It somehow makes an unbearable situation worse.

Maybe Flakka? From my understanding, users do things like take their clothes off, run in traffic, weird stuff:

Flakka, a new synthetic drug is giving law enforcement fits

In no way saying this young man did this, but it is nasty.

This part of country 5-F-ADB is getting mixed in with everything. Again synthetic. We had 162 OD's when it was mixed with fentanyl. Agitation, psychosis, confusion.

Wet also is nasty, and causes similar effects, but especially removing clothing. However, smoking that you know it right away. It smells awful.

So tough because as so many mentioned a head injury could cause all the same symptoms.

Such a handsome young man.

They have it marked as 10:45 PM, which means before the trip. If you look at the other photos, I think he's in a building not a car.
I agree - I believe that these may be in his apartment just prior to leaving...if you look to the upper left area by his head it appears to be the blade of a ceiling fan...you can faintly see another blade in the upper right area by his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste