TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall this too. It explains the gaming equipment, the fish, the reason his parents may not have expected him directly, and possibly the odd hour. But Sienna Plantation is near his home near Houston. It's plausible that was indeed his intended destination that night but I can't figure out a way to connect that to Luling and Salt Flat Road.
Luling exists in this picture because it's the only way to connect to the HI-10 interchange for Houston (traveling from San Marcos).

Five miles down SFR is the mystery.

Nonetheless, I do believe this was a tragic accident and JL's remains will be recovered near the crash site.

Luling exists in this picture because it's the only way to connect to the HI-10 interchange for Houston (traveling from San Marcos).

Five miles down SFR is the mystery.

Nonetheless, I do believe this was a tragic accident and JL's remains will be recovered near the crash site.
Sorry. Connecting it with Luling on a map isn't what I meant. I realize Luling is on the route, I just can't connect a reason for this detour from Luling onto SFR with a possible destination of Sienna Plantation. Otherwise, I agree, it's likely just a tragic accident.

Good Insight. Thx for the perspective. I think it is rare but not completely unheard of.. I am aware of a Dallas/Ft. Worth teen that was murdered by a fellow gamer out of Cali. The violator literally drove all night and showed up at his house, lured him outside, and shot him. Strange but I guess it happens

I game/stream on Twitch. The thought of this being related is kind of far fetched to me. I’m also a member of many Discords servers as a result of this. Also, seems quite a bit of a reach. I understand there are very competitive people in the community, but by and large any disagreements tend to also stay online. I’d imagine if he were having problems with someone it’d be all over his social media by now. Or someone else’s. JMO

I tend to think that we are reading too much into the “loss of digital footprint” and “missing 67 minutes”. My own theory is that Jason succumbed to injury following the accident and is just outside the search area. I also think that the most likely explanation is that he dropped his phone at the intersection and thus “ended his digital footprint”.

Those two points have been discussed at length. What I haven’t seen is a layout of the timing. Given what we know from the police report linked earlier let’s assume the following:

1. Jason was at the Magnolia Avenue intersection at 11:24pm
2. Jason’s crashed car was identified by the passerby at 12:31am. The intervening time is the 67 minutes referenced
3. We know that the drive from the intersection to the crash site is approx 13-15 minutes per Google Maps
4. The oil worker drove by the crash site 30-45 minutes before it was discovered and did not report seeing the car. This would be estimated at 11:45pm -12:00am per the timeline

Given these inputs, my view is:
+ Earliest Jason could have reached the crash site is 11:41 (13 minute drive beginning at 11:24)
+ By my logic, the “missing time” is actually pretty short - as little as 4 min or as much as about 20 min
+ Quite likely that Jason drove a bit slower than Google maps estimated, but did drive directly to the crash site and did not arrive until after the oil worker drove past the spot
+ Also possible he made a short stop (pee? smoke?) that accounts for these missing minutes

My own theory of the whole situation is very simple:
1. At the magnolia intersection Jason inadvertently turned off Waze when he checked Snapchat. He then dropped the phone between the console and seat, where it was later found by his dad.
2. Jason continued onto Salt Flat Road, assuming he would be instructed by Waze which he thought was still running (assuming he would hear the directions even though the phone had fallen). —15 min pass
3. Road conditions / animal etc cause him to swerve, overcorrect, crash
4. Jason briefly tried to retrieve his phone but in confusion / adrenaline post accident he could not
5. Head injury / confusion causes paradoxical undressing
6. Jason wanders, naked, farther than the search parameters and sadly succumbs to the elements.

The only part of my theory I struggle with is the paradoxical undressing. But I find it more likely than the other theories (foul play, meeting someone on salt flat road, baptism, etc). I think it’s possible he smoked and perhaps that contributed to the post crash confusion.
Yeah, this is pretty much my likeliest scenario as well.

In addition to the undressing, I also struggle a bit with the 5 miles down SFR. Actually I probably struggle with that a bit more since it happened before the crash. So unlike the undressing, it can't be the result of a crash-related head injury.

But as I said earlier, I could see it being the result of accidentally turning off waze and then still relying on it to guide him. Also, I believe waze automatically recalculates routes based on changed traffic conditions (and possibly dui checkpoints?). So it's possible Jason would not have been immediately surprised to be traveling a different road than he had taken before.

But why would he bring his laptop and gaming stuff? And weed? Just to leave it in the road when he could've left it in his apartment. That part doesn't make sense to me.
Yeah, I can't imagine why he would have all the things most important to him only to leave everything behind at the last minute.

He is out there somewhere, he just needs to be found.

Did the searchers look in all the uncapped wells and holes that were discussed early on? It seems like there are so many places he could be.

Imo

Has anyone listened to this one?

Missing Person - Jason Landry

No, I haven't, do you have a timestamp where he's talking about Jason's case? It's almost 2 hours long, longer than the informative Brainscratch video where he played 2nd fiddle. I pulled it up, and kept moving the vid forward, and he was just blah blah blah'ing the whole time about other things, not Jason. Would like to start at the part of the vid that's about Jason because 2 hrs is a lot of time.

Thanks much.

No, I haven't, do you have a timestamp where he's talking about Jason's case? It's almost 2 hours long, longer than the informative Brainscratch video where he played 2nd fiddle. I pulled it up, and kept moving the vid forward, and he was just blah blah blah'ing the whole time about other things, not Jason. Would like to start at the part of the vid that's about Jason because 2 hrs is a lot of time.

Thanks much.

I haven't listened to it either, for the same reasons... ;) I was just wondering if someone else had.

Yeah, I can't imagine why he would have all the things most important to him only to leave everything behind at the last minute.

He is out there somewhere, he just needs to be found.

Did the searchers look in all the uncapped wells and holes that were discussed early on? It seems like there are so many places he could be.

Imo
The 'uncapped wells' are just 18" in diameter.
His dad made reference to this in the long video.. Sorry, I can never retain their names..

Trying to keep my head straight with this case, I’ve had to take a step back and list possible scenarios and outcomes. Have I missed any, or have any been ruled out?

ALIVE
Accident
-Wandered off, got lost, amnesia

Staged wreck (perhaps was not in the car)
-Went off to start a new life

Foul play (carjacking, hit/run, kidnap, forced off road)
-Being held captive

DECEASED
Accident
-Wandered off, got lost, died

Staged wreck
-Suicide

Foul play (carjacking, hit/run, kidnap, forced off road)
-Murdered

A brave and generous driver recently uploaded (2/10/21) Jason's 12-minute route from the stoplight intersection (E. Austin/Magnolia Ave) to the crash site.
From the re-creation, it takes about 2 mins to reach County Rd that soon becomes SFR, and the cemetery located at about 2:40 min. mark.

After 2 minutes -- one can't help wondering if JL had a destination -- otherwise, no obvious reason to be driving aimlessly in this desolate, oil patch. MOO

To view, search "Jason Landry route" (Ytube).

A brave and generous driver recently uploaded (2/10/21) Jason's 12-minute route from the stoplight intersection (E. Austin/Magnolia Ave) to the crash site.
From the re-creation, it takes about 2 mins to reach County Rd that soon becomes SFR, and the cemetery located at about 2:40 min. mark.

After 2 minutes -- one can't help wondering if JL had a destination -- otherwise, no obvious reason to be driving aimlessly in this desolate, oil patch. MOO

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out @Seattle1. It's farther out than it seemed on the map and it's striking that even in daytime there was no other traffic on SFR.

It seems to me that if Jason was not impaired in some way that there is no way he was lost. It becomes apparent within a mile that he is moving into an uninhabited area and all he had to do is turn around and go back the way he came and there are many places he could have safely made that turn.
It also occurs to me that if he was impaired in some way, he would not have been able to stay on the road for as long as he did, with no lights or guard rails etc.

This is interesting. Not how I pictured it. The houses don’t seem to be that far away from the accident. Two things stood out to me:

1. He had to pass through two stop signs between the traffic light intersection and the crash site.

2. The actual crash site is in the middle of a stretch of non-winding road.

It seems to me that if Jason was not impaired in some way that there is no way he was lost. It becomes apparent within a mile that he is moving into an uninhabited area and all he had to do is turn around and go back the way he came and there are many places he could have safely made that turn.
It also occurs to me that if he was impaired in some way, he would not have been able to stay on the road for as long as he did, with no lights or guard rails etc.
Yes -- and it's why I believe that JL most likely took a smoke break after the intersection -- and was impaired when he crashed.

In his confused state, I believe JL resumed driving away from the town on SFR instead of returning towards the traffic light/intersection to catch the IH-10.

I believe JL will one day be recovered near the crash scene.

Also, sorry for all the Texans suffering the winter storms.

I hope I'm so very wrong in what I think happened. Now while I'm from an entirely different part of Texas I did have to drive long ways from home to college and back and I'm thinking back to what I would have done in that situation at that time in my life. He intended to go home but got the urge to pull over and have a smoke and check in with friends on snapchat. Just outside a little town with a dark farm road would have been the perfect place. I imagine his car did skid out, he over corrected and hit the tree losing his phone in process. If I wasn't hurt but afraid of the consequences of wrecking the car I'd probably get out of the car, grab a smoke to get my thoughts together and come up with a plan. Now, depending on what additives were in his weed could have changed the thought process drastically. There was some type of plan, he grabbed plenty of things to take with him. He probably couldn't find his phone in the car and just started walking when chemicals kicked in and he left his clothes and belongings behind.

What's the most worrisome to me is this area is home to predator animals like coyotes, javilinas, and mountain lions. It's likely that he succumbed to the elements or wildlife. It's especially hard to think about now that the weather is so cold and snowy in that area.

Come on Jason, prove us all wrong, come home.

What's the most worrisome to me is this area is home to predator animals like coyotes, javilinas, and mountain lions. It's likely that he succumbed to the elements or wildlife. It's especially hard to think about now that the weather is so cold and snowy in that area.
^^rsbm

Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says | KVEO-TV

Sept 21, 2020

[..]
  • Physical attacks — they’re known to have been aggressive toward farmers, hikers and picnickers. The department says aggression is increased when humans are associated with food because of handouts or improper waste disposal
[..]

Sheriff: Woman killed by feral hogs outside Texas home
The woman was found in a front yard with a severe head wound and other injuries consistent with animal bites — the coroner said she bled to death after the attack.

While feral hogs can be hunted year-round in Texas, licensed hunters must have permission from landowners to do it. Feral hogs, along with coyotes and mountain lions are considered “non-protected” species.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000