TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing now that there were two stop signs between the main intersection and the crash site pretty much rule out (for me) the idea that he was being chased/followed. If someone were after him, they’d have had at least those two opportunities to catch up to him, prior to his ultimate stopping spot.

The fact that he veered off the road when there was no curve (and IIRC there were no skid marks or signs of over correcting) indicates something similar to him falling asleep. I think there must have been plenty of evidence at the scene for law enforcement to say it was a single vehicle accident. And I seem to recall thinking that meant he didn’t encounter any wildlife on the road that night.

This reminds me of Elisa Lam. So many people wanted (and still want) to believe something nefarious happened, but in the end...it was just a tragic accident. My heart hurts for Jason’s family and I truly hope they are able to lay him to rest one day.

Knowing now that there were two stop signs between the main intersection and the crash site pretty much rule out (for me) the idea that he was being chased/followed. If someone were after him, they’d have had at least those two opportunities to catch up to him, prior to his ultimate stopping spot.

Nah.... with all due respect (and IMHO)... just because there's a stop sign doesn't mean one stops. LOL Especially way out there. And if someone is chasing you in cow/oil country... you're not stopping.

Case and point... I don't live in the middle of an oilfield out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in a college city. THEY don't even stop for stop signs and NO ONE is chasing them! Just sayin'. They just blow through them.

Nah.... with all due respect (and IMHO)... just because there's a stop sign doesn't mean one stops. LOL Especially way out there. And if someone is chasing you in cow/oil country... you're not stopping.

Case and point... I don't live in the middle of an oilfield out in the middle of nowhere. I'm in a college city. THEY don't even stop for stop signs and NO ONE is chasing them! Just sayin'. They just blow through them.
LOL I certainly understand what you’re saying. I think the first “T” stop sign intersection he came to would have been hard to blow through without stopping. The second one... I’m not sure. I was a bit lost just watching the person drive through during the day. I’m with you, I’d like to know what it was like driving at night, the same as Jason drove it.

LOL I certainly understand what you’re saying. I think the first “T” stop sign intersection he came to would have been hard to blow through without stopping. The second one... I’m not sure. I was a bit lost just watching the person drive through during the day. I’m with you, I’d like to know what it was like driving at night, the same as Jason drove it.
I recall that his car hit a tree and a fence. I had pictured a different type of fence. I could barely see it in the video.

It has been assumed that Jason started walking back the way he had come because of the trail the dogs followed and his clothes on the side of the road. Do we know how far up Salt Flat Road to the north has been searched? Could he have simply doubled back at the point south where the dogs stopped tracking. Dogs cannot tell what direction the scent is laid down, only that it is there. Salt Flat Road goes on forever north, I wonder if he is up that direction.

The stop signs stood out for me as well, but for a different reason. It solidifies my belief that the phone wasn't dropped between the seat and console at the intersection. Those stop signs would have given him two convenient opportunities to stop and reach for it.

I tend to think that we are reading too much into the “loss of digital footprint” and “missing 67 minutes”. My own theory is that Jason succumbed to injury following the accident and is just outside the search area. I also think that the most likely explanation is that he dropped his phone at the intersection and thus “ended his digital footprint”.

Those two points have been discussed at length. What I haven’t seen is a layout of the timing. Given what we know from the police report linked earlier let’s assume the following:

1. Jason was at the Magnolia Avenue intersection at 11:24pm
2. Jason’s crashed car was identified by the passerby at 12:31am. The intervening time is the 67 minutes referenced
3. We know that the drive from the intersection to the crash site is approx 13-15 minutes per Google Maps
4. The oil worker drove by the crash site 30-45 minutes before it was discovered and did not report seeing the car. This would be estimated at 11:45pm -12:00am per the timeline

Given these inputs, my view is:
+ Earliest Jason could have reached the crash site is 11:41 (13 minute drive beginning at 11:24)
+ By my logic, the “missing time” is actually pretty short - as little as 4 min or as much as about 20 min
+ Quite likely that Jason drove a bit slower than Google maps estimated, but did drive directly to the crash site and did not arrive until after the oil worker drove past the spot
+ Also possible he made a short stop (pee? smoke?) that accounts for these missing minutes

My own theory of the whole situation is very simple:
1. At the magnolia intersection Jason inadvertently turned off Waze when he checked Snapchat. He then dropped the phone between the console and seat, where it was later found by his dad.
2. Jason continued onto Salt Flat Road, assuming he would be instructed by Waze which he thought was still running (assuming he would hear the directions even though the phone had fallen). —15 min pass
3. Road conditions / animal etc cause him to swerve, overcorrect, crash
4. Jason briefly tried to retrieve his phone but in confusion / adrenaline post accident he could not
5. Head injury / confusion causes paradoxical undressing
6. Jason wanders, naked, farther than the search parameters and sadly succumbs to the elements.

The only part of my theory I struggle with is the paradoxical undressing. But I find it more likely than the other theories (foul play, meeting someone on salt flat road, baptism, etc). I think it’s possible he smoked and perhaps that contributed to the post crash confusion.
This timing is significant IMO. It tells me that he couldn't have gotten too far, maybe a couple of miles max. I don't understand the time discrepancy with the oil worker. Initially I thought he drove by around 11:30 but several posters have said 30 to 45 minutes before the VFF. I tend to think he crashed fairly soon after the intersection if it was him driving so the oil worker driving by at midnight and seeing nothing doesn't make sense. MOO

If I remember correctly, he was coming from the north, back into Luling. The wrecked car would have been on his left.

I wonder what fire he was putting out. Anyone see on record what was going on further north of that site at around the time of the incident? I'm just curious what he was doing up there around that time.

I wonder what fire he was putting out. Anyone see on record what was going on further north of that site at around the time of the incident? I'm just curious what he was doing up there around that time.
It was pretty dry around there at that time. The SE Caldwell Co. VFD facebook page mentions some brush fires near there but it's hard to say if they were what the firefighter was returning from.

So I didn't realize there was a change in Caldwell County Sheriff around the time of Jason's disappearance. A new Sheriff, Mike Lane, took office in January it appears. He shared this post in January about Jason.

Mike Lane, Caldwell County Sheriff
Thanks @digndeeperstill.

Good to know that the detailed, press release about Jason missing was published under the watch of new Sheriff, Mike Lane.

I'm curious about a sentence in the Sheriff's Facebook release. Is the following sentence standard verbiage? Is it based on an unsubstantiated possibility?
"At this time there is no evidence that an unknown person of interest is involved in this incident. ."

I'm curious about a sentence in the Sheriff's Facebook release. Is the following sentence standard verbiage? Is it based on an unsubstantiated possibility?
"At this time there is no evidence that an unknown person of interest is involved in this incident. ."

Totally standard. LE will never rule anything out completely when a case is unsolved or person still missing.

Which direction was the Volunteer fire fighter driving when he came upon the wreck?

It was pretty dry around there at that time. The SE Caldwell Co. VFD facebook page mentions some brush fires near there but it's hard to say if they were what the firefighter was returning from.

I recall KL saying that the returning firefighter lived on SFR. He also waited at the crash site for DPS to arrive and provided KL with a still photo of the crashed car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horrorgirl87