TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how close to the barbed wire fence the car was when it stopped. It was reported somewhere that the blood spot possibly happened when he was exiting the car and was scratched by the barbed wire. If the driver's side door was unlocked, and it was assumed he exited the car through this door, it seems the door would be scratched from the barbed wire. I don't see any scratches on the driver's side door.
It seems kind of illogical to squeeze out of the driver's side door when you could just open the unobstructed passenger side door. It's doubtful he was thinking clearly. It does make me wonder if there was a passenger. MOO

It seems kind of illogical to squeeze out of the driver's side door when you could just open the unobstructed passenger side door. It's doubtful he was thinking clearly. It does make me wonder if there was a passenger. MOO
Far easier to use a car door to push barbed wire away than for 6'+ 170# man to hurdle the front console and car seat!

Viewing the photos by CCSO, there was a blood smear at the waist -- consistent with a scratch from barbed wire and not serious injury.

The passenger door was found locked. The driver's door was unlocked.

MOO

It doesn't seem illogical to me at all. OK, so it does, but this isn't exactly the time when people are being logical.

I posted very early on (Thread #1?) about a personal experience of mine where I rolled my car down a freeway on-ramp and the car stopped with the passenger side resting on a smallish tree so the car was at an angle (imagine both left tires on the ground, both right tires about a foot and a half off the ground (only guessing, I have no clue as it was very confusing to me)). What was my first thought? I rolled down my window and was going to try to climb out of it. Then I thought... 'why don't you try the door first, then climb out if that doesn't work'. Thank GOD some sense crept into my brain. LOL The door worked just fine so that's how I exited the car. But I stood there in utter confusion as my car was facing a pasture and I had no idea how I came through that (I hadn't, I had come from the opposite direction, but my internal compass was all messed up at that point, along with the logical part of my brain).

Just about all logic is lost when something like this happens. It's like your mind snaps from the rush of it. And speaking of the rush of it... somehow everything slows waaaayyyyy down so you don't miss a thing! :eek: I rolled in slow-mo. But back to the logic, or lack thereof... I used to go dancing and had my 'dancing shoes' in the car with me.

When I opened the door a lot of the things that weren't nailed down, and flew around the car while rolling, fell out the open door. I located ONE of my high heels and climbed back up the slope to the onramp with it. Like 1 high heel is going to do me any good once I'd be able to go dancing again. But to me, in all my confusion about what had just happened, that one shoe was VERY important to me so I held on to it like my life depended on it.

So the gist here is to throw out logic when it comes to something like whatever happened to Jason. It likely flew out the window either before, during, or immediately after his accident.

Obviously all just MHO. :)

Far easier to use a car door to push barbed wire away than for 6'+ 170# man to hurdle the front console and car seat!

Viewing the photos by CCSO, there was a blood smear at the waist -- consistent with a scratch from barbed wire and not serious injury.

The passenger door was found locked. The driver's door was unlocked.

MOO
I agree. However, there were no visible scratches on the driver's side door.

Well, if there was a passenger they are just like me. I ALWAYS lock my door. Always. I went to visit my parents who live in the middle of nowhere and my father drove me to this small, rinky-dink store. SMALL town of a few hundred. We get out, I lock my door and close it and turn toward the store. My father asked... 'Why did you lock your door?' I replied "I always lock my door" (I'm a city girl. You learn to lock your doors). He replied back... a lot of good that will do if I don't lock my side". He had a point! LOLOL :D

Back to your post... I doubt a passenger, after a spinout, in the middle of nowhere, is going to lock the door after they exit. MOO, of course. :)

There clearly are visible scratches on the drivers' side door. The are white and horizontal. I can see 3 of them, might be more, but the pic is taken at an angle and not straight on. 2nd picture at the auction site:

Internet Auction
I see those but wonder if they were caused by barbed wire wouldn't they be rusted like the other damages to the car?

There clearly are visible scratches on the drivers' side door. The are white and horizontal. I can see 3 of them, might be more, but the pic is taken at an angle and not straight on. 2nd picture at the auction site:

Internet Auction
I see those but wonder if they were caused by barbed wire wouldn't they be rusted like the other damages to the car?

In my uneducated opinion (I'm not a barbed wire expert, nor have I looked at a barbed wire fence up close) I wouldn't think scratches made by a barbed wire fence would be that close together, or that thick. I was responding with pics showing scratches when someone said there were no scratches on the driver's side. Again, doubt those scratches had anything to do with the fence, but the person seeing no scratches on the drivers side needed to see pics of the car as there clearly were scratches.

In my uneducated opinion (I'm not a barbed wire expert, nor have I looked at a barbed wire fence up close) I wouldn't think scratches made by a barbed wire fence would be that close together, or that thick. I was responding with pics showing scratches when someone said there were no scratches on the driver's side. Again, doubt those scratches had anything to do with the fence, but the person seeing no scratches on the drivers side needed to see pics of the car as there clearly were scratches.
I agree. There are scratches. I should have been more clear in saying I didn't see any scratches that looked like the could have been caused by barbed wire. Forgive me as I'm new to this group. I should have thought it through before making the post.

The bigger problem than the fence either scraping or not scraping the door is if the front fender pushed back into the door. That makes it much harder to open the door.
The picture isn't a good angle to say for sure, but to me it looks like the back of the driver's front fender is pushed in, which could very likely have been done pushing the driver door open. The door does seem to have a crease down low like it pushed against the front fender.

There aren't a lot of fence scratches visible anywhere on the car which isn't surprising because the primary damage (and likely most forward motion) ended before the car got to the fence.

I agree. There are scratches. I should have been more clear in saying I didn't see any scratches that looked like the could have been caused by barbed wire. Forgive me as I'm new to this group. I should have thought it through before making the post.

I think it's hard to get points across in text sometimes. At least I know for me it is. :) I know sometimes I think I'm being really clear about something (it is to me! LOL), yet from someone else's point of view (they aren't in my head) it's clear as mud. lol

And welcome to Websleuths! :cool: (Those are my private eye glasses. lol)

I could see how his phone might've gotten knocked over and wedged between the seat and console, as he might've tried to make his way across the console and to the passenger side, at some point.

Lights on... key still in ignition... where did he go?

I thought that is where they found a little blood in car..at rear window. Moo...it was in some report or other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member