TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There clearly are visible scratches on the drivers' side door. The are white and horizontal. I can see 3 of them, might be more, but the pic is taken at an angle and not straight on. 2nd picture at the auction site:

Internet Auction
I do have to say.. I know LE has said another vehicle was not involved. But I have also brought up these marks before because they are the only marks on the car not rusted. I find that interesting. I would want to know for sure they aren’t scratches and not paint transfer from something else: another vehicle, post, propane tank, truck, etc. Here is my prior post on it. TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Oh.... them....

I did a real quick Google search" jason landry (exited, crawled) rear window

and didn't come up with anything other than a Websleuths post that said: TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #2

I'll admit I didn't give this a whole bunch of time though. :)

This was a theory I had presented before we had the info from LE about where the blood found was located, the pics of the clothing, and the information that only one of the doors was in fact locked as opposed to all of them.

Things have evolved a bit since then. :)Doesn't mean he didn't exit that way, but that theory was really based on the understanding that all of the doors were locked, before that was clarified.

This was a theory I had presented before we had the info from LE about where the blood found was located, the pics of the clothing, and the information that only one of the doors was in fact locked as opposed to all of them.

Things have evolved a bit since then. :)Doesn't mean he didn't exit that way, but that theory was really based on the understanding that all of the doors were locked, before that was clarified.

Sorry to have brought an old comment back to the current convo. There was a back and forth convo about someone thinking something had happened.. yada, yada... I should have just left it in the past so as not to confuse things. :)

Sorry to have brought an old comment back to the current convo. There was a back and forth convo about someone thinking something had happened.. yada, yada... I should have just left it in the past so as not to confuse things. :)

No harm at all. I just wanted to clear it up before a goose chase began trying to find out if/when it was said in MSM. Nope, just an old theory posted here. I do the same though, and forget where I had heard/read things on a case.

Been offline all week due to texas weather stuff... read through many a pages... some good convo here.

Still can't put my finder on any definitive answer.... such a bummer of a case... looked through his twitter, he definitely seemed introspective and probably suffered from anxiety. I also found it interesting he recently had a pro-choice retweet... that doesn't seem like it would jive with his families beliefs. Could mean nothing, could mean something, but an interesting thing i thought

Been offline all week due to texas weather stuff... read through many a pages... some good convo here.

Still can't put my finder on any definitive answer.... such a bummer of a case... looked through his twitter, he definitely seemed introspective and probably suffered from anxiety. I also found it interesting he recently had a pro-choice retweet... that doesn't seem like it would jive with his families beliefs. Could mean nothing, could mean something, but an interesting thing i thought

Welcome to WS @HoustonGuy. Please know I'm hoping for your safety and a quick recovery from the unprecedented winter conditions for you all Texas residents.

In 2021, I've learned to recognize the words pro-choice are not necessarily your grandparent's meaning and/or definition (i.e., when abortion was not a legal option).

For this discussion - it might help to note JL was born 1999-- more than 25 years after Roe v Wade.

Seems to me that KL, (Jason's preacher dad) is also a generation not quick to condemn his son's use of marijuana -- citing his own college days albeit short of confessing to an illegal* activity himself.

I'm inclined to believe that both JL and his family support the term pro-choice in a way that no longer pits the term pro-choice against "life" or "termination."

*It is still illegal to use or possess marijuana under Texas law — and has been since 1931.

MOO

Welcome to WS @HoustonGuy. Please know I'm hoping for your safety and a quick recovery from the unprecedented winter conditions for you all Texas residents.

In 2021, I've learned to recognize the words pro-choice are not necessarily your grandparent's meaning and/or definition (i.e., when abortion was not a legal option).

For this discussion - it might help to note JL was born 1999-- more than 25 years after Roe v Wade.

Seems to me that KL, (Jason's preacher dad) is also a generation not quick to condemn his son's use of marijuana -- citing his own college days albeit short of confessing to an illegal* activity himself.

I'm inclined to believe that both JL and his family support the term pro-choice in a way that no longer pits the term pro-choice against "life" or "termination."

*It is still illegal to use or possess marijuana under Texas law — and has been since 1931.

MOO

Good points - don't disagree with anything you said. So much info to to sift through 99% of which is irrelevant and has no bearing on the case. Until we get more info we'll all just be grasping at straws.

Hoping all the Texas folks are getting back on their feet after last week’s weather and devastating power outages.

Any word on when they will try to search again for Jason?

Saw on another thread that Corey Morrison’s body was found in South Carolina last week. Somewhat similar to Jason’s story, with a wrecked car and no sign of the driver.

<BBM>
The Horry County Police Department said a body was recovered in the area of Azalea Lakes Boulevard Saturday afternoon. It was in the same area where crews and volunteers had been searching for Morrison all of last week.

Body found outside Myrtle Beach confirmed as missing man

Hoping all the Texas folks are getting back on their feet after last week’s weather and devastating power outages.

Any word on when they will try to search again for Jason?

Saw on another thread that Corey Morrison’s body was found in South Carolina last week. Somewhat similar to Jason’s story, with a wrecked car and no sign of the driver.

<BBM>
The Horry County Police Department said a body was recovered in the area of Azalea Lakes Boulevard Saturday afternoon. It was in the same area where crews and volunteers had been searching for Morrison all of last week.

Body found outside Myrtle Beach confirmed as missing man

Missing Person - Jason Landry

I believe the missing page at link above is best for status updates.

Please see Feb 14, 2021 post indicating the search including the public canceled due to weather.

Heartbreaking!
My mind keeps travelling to his father's lonely walk on that dark road finding his clothing, one item after the other.
The search that never bore fruit.
The devastating Christmas his family shared.
I hope and pray they will receive catharsis, some way, some how.

TEXSAR returning to help search for missing Texas State student

LULING, Texas - [URL='http://www.fox7austin.com/tag/us/tx']Texas
Search and Rescue (TEXSAR) says it is returning at the request of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office for a three-day search for Jason Landry who went missing December 13, 2020.[/URL]

The search will start on February 26 at 8 a.m. and will consist of more than 100 TEXSAR members including search and rescue K9's trained in human remains detection, the TEXSAR Mounted Search and Rescue Team, UAV/drones, experts in ground search and rescue, side-scan sonar, water search resources, and a helicopter.

LULING, Texas -
Texas Search and Rescue (TEXSAR) says it is returning at the request of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office for a three-day search for Jason Landry who went missing December 13, 2020.

The search will start on February 26 at 8 a.m. and will consist of more than 100 TEXSAR members including search and rescue K9's trained in human remains detection, the TEXSAR Mounted Search and Rescue Team, UAV/drones, experts in ground search and rescue, side-scan sonar, water search resources, and a helicopter.

From the article:

“The small amount of marijuana is being held with findings pending on whether it was combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance.”

Surely these test results of the marijuana are back by now. How long could this take?

Also this seems not to be a search volunteers can participate in again...o_O

eta. It’s good they’re searching again though.

LULING, Texas -
Texas Search and Rescue (TEXSAR) says it is returning at the request of the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office for a three-day search for Jason Landry who went missing December 13, 2020.

This is good news that LE is requesting TEXSAR to return to search the area for Jason.

Kenna Harris went missing 3/2020 (not the same circumstances as JL), there were official searchers from her PLS, nothing. LE organized another search with SCVAR 10/2020 and her remains were located.

Searches are hard, even with highly skilled resources. The missing person can be in the search area and still not found. IMO

Found Deceased - WA - Kenna Harris, 25, Snohomish County, 31 March 2020

LULING, Texas -

I hope their search starts at the park in Luling where this all started. I don't mean search on horseback, drones, etc.... I mean check any video of that area if they haven't already. I keep thinking everything stems from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member