TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE has the toxicology report on the weed that was found and just haven't released the results. Maybe this is why another 3 day search was requested. It will be interesting to see how and where they search this time around. Instead of out in the middle of a field walking grid patterns they are concentrating on water, and places that he could hide/burrow in. MOO MOO MOO

IMHO, would be really beneficial to have that car dusted for fingerprints and other evidence....UNLESS LE know more than they are telling us. Which, by the way, when was that auction?
There would be hundreds of fingerprints on/in that car. Fingerprints don't have a shelf life. Dusting for prints - while might not be a bad idea for the preservation of evidence - is far better to prove someone was in the car but in this case it would not be a detection tool.

Was watching The People's Court of a case where a truck hit a car and noticed the scrapes! IMO they look very similar to the white scrapes on Jason’s car.
View attachment 286098
I'm not convinced he wasn't bumped from the side if not from behind. If he was being chased it would explain not stopping to look for his phone. It would explain why he didn't turn around and head back toward Luling. I wonder what color the oil workers vehicle was or if any cars were following him in town. MOO

I apologize if they mentioned this but they were very faint and hard to hear. From what I did hear it sounded like they were doing a ground search. No mention of searching the tanks.

I wish them all much luck and SUCCESS that he's finally found. I'd prefer that he'd be found alive somewhere but closure is good for the family to have in order to heal.

A possibly interesting statement here. BBM

Jason Landry: Search resumes for missing Texas college student who vanished on Christmas break drive home, police mum on what prompted renewed effort

According to ABC 13, Texas Search and Rescue launched the new search in response to a request from the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, the lead investigating agency. The sheriff’s office did not respond to CrimeOnline’s request for comment, and a spokesperson told ABC 13 that “an update will be released upon the completion of the scheduled search activities.”

At the moment we cannot discuss any further information at this time,” the spokesperson said.

The search is expected to last through the weekend.

At the request of Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, TEXSAR will return for a 3-day search for Jason Landry who went missing December 13th, 2020.

TEXSAR’s initial deployment encompassed nine days of ground search and three days of aerial search spanning 49.5 sq. miles, or 31,680 acres, with over 100 professionally-trained volunteers. The teams included: search and rescue K9s trained in live find and human remains detection, the TEXSAR Mounted Search and Rescue Team, UAV/drones, experts in ground search and rescue and man tracking, side-scan sonar, water search resources, and helicopter
and fixed-wing aircraft.

TEXSAR has continued to be involved throughout the investigation, smaller follow up searches, and now this upcoming large scale deployment. The search will commence Friday, February 26th at 8am. The search will consist of over 100 TEXSAR members, the teams will include: search and rescue K9's trained in human remains detection, the TEXSAR Mounted Search and
Rescue Team, UAV/drones, experts in ground search and rescue, side scan sonar, water search resources, and helicopter.

TEXSAR members have volunteered over 2000 hours and counting to this search and investigation and have continued smaller searches since the conclusion of the large scale searches in December.

As the search continues for Jason Landry, the public is asked to contact Detective Ferry with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office directly at 512-398-6777 ext. 4516 with any information
regarding Jason’s disappearance.

TEXSAR is a 501(c)(3) headquartered in Austin, Texas. All services are free to requesting agencies. TEXSAR relies solely on private donations to answer every call that comes in. To support TEXSAR, donations can be made at www.texsar.org/donate, we appreciate your support!
TEXSAR

While I completely understand and support prior SAR efforts, I'm hopeful that the current search will not be as dependant on "high tech" and/or "efficient," as in the ground area covered during the initial search last December.

I've long believed JL will be found not far from the crash site and will require more of a boots-on-the-ground effort. By all accounts, they are searching for a naked body-- most likely burrowed in and blending with the physical environment. MOO

Life can be so very fragile for the impaired student: Reading today about a 21-year-old Iowa State Co-Ed that spent the night outside her sorority house after passing out in the parking lot, and where the over-night temperature in Ames was as low as 25F. The cause of death was determined to be an accidental death caused by acute alcohol intoxication and hypothermia.

Iowa state student dies in parking lot from hypothermia and intoxication | Daily Mail Online

Jason Landry: Search resumes for missing Texas college student who vanished on Christmas break drive home, police mum on what prompted renewed effort

According to ABC 13, Texas Search and Rescue launched the new search in response to a request from the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, the lead investigating agency. The sheriff’s office did not respond to CrimeOnline’s request for comment, and a spokesperson told ABC 13 that “an update will be released upon the completion of the scheduled search activities.”

At the moment we cannot discuss any further information at this time,” the spokesperson said.

Possibly interesting statement?? POSSIBLY?!?! That is a VERY INTERESTING statement!!! LOL

I can't even imagine what it could be considering they are waiting until after the searches are over. Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

While I completely understand and support prior SAR efforts, I'm hopeful that the current search will not be as dependant on "high tech" and/or "efficient," as in the ground area covered during the initial search last December.

I've long believed JL will be found not far from the crash site and will require more of a boots-on-the-ground effort. By all accounts, they are searching for a naked body-- most likely burrowed in and blending with the physical environment. MOO

Life can be so very fragile for the impaired student: Reading today about a 21-year-old Iowa State Co-Ed that spent the night outside her sorority house after passing out in the parking lot, and where the over-night temperature in Ames was as low as 25F. The cause of death was determined to be an accidental death caused by acute alcohol intoxication and hypothermia.

Iowa state student dies in parking lot from hypothermia and intoxication | Daily Mail Online

hugely agree - need real eyes looking and not drones etc

Was watching The People's Court of a case where a truck hit a car and noticed the scrapes! IMO they look very similar to the white scrapes on Jason’s car.
View attachment 286098

Reportedly, the wrecked Altima is an 18-year-old vehicle. I think the scrapes most likely from the door mirror/ bracket pressed against the door before it was ripped from the dangling tether. I don't believe there were additional vehicles involved in the wreck here. MOO

Reportedly, the wrecked Altima is an 18-year-old vehicle. I think the scrapes most likely from the door mirror/ bracket pressed against the door before it was ripped from the dangling tether. I don't believe there were additional vehicles involved in the wreck here. MOO
Agreed. If Jason's car had spun out due to contact from another vehicle at the speed he was likely traveling, on a gravel road, there would at least have been obvious tire tracks/skid marks/acceleration marks (or paint tranfer) of some kind visible on the gravel road (or his car) leading up to that point. I just cannot imagine a chase scenario where he was running from someone and the other person's vehicle induced his spin & caused the accident without leaving any evidence.

I can see nothing to read into the statement by police. They are doing another search, will recap afterward. But I also can’t see anything sinister in this tragedy...and don’t think police do either. But I guess it is all wait and see. Just hope he is found...

TEXSAR resources are out in full force today as we aid the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office in the search for missing person, Jason Landry. We expect to have 100 TEXSAR members (all volunteers) on site throughout the weekend.
We ask that you continue to pray for the Landry family and all involved.
#texanshelpingtexans
154316589_3986040904741256_5231626078810303245_o.jpg

154309721_3986040908074589_4757647753845056353_o.jpg

154985312_3986040911407922_8294272987353153101_o.jpg

I would agree with your "possibly interesting" assessment. Wasn't TEXSAR involved earlier and, when they ended their earlier search efforts, made a statement to the effect that they would be more than happy to return and resume efforts if new information became available? (Or something along those lines? ...I can't find the statement I'm thinking of at the moment. I could be thinking of a statement made related to a different case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7