TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could go missing in Texas, then eventually be found within just a few days.

Your family, however, might not find you for years... if ever.

This story features another father whose adult son vanished in South Texas. The father spent almost two years looking for his son in Texas and Mexico.

Missing in Texas:

"Texas is one step closer to requiring the use of a national database which uses fingerprints, DNA and dental records to solve missing and unidentified persons cases. Ten states have passed laws mandating police and medical examiners to enter case details to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System or NamUs – but not Texas, even though it’s based in Fort Worth. Now two Texas families and a newly elected lawmaker are determined to help others looking for loved ones."

[...]

"Even after learning that his son’s body was found, Fritts had yet another hurdle to overcome.

He was told that Joseph was buried as “John Doe” in a Laredo cemetery, but when he went there, they didn’t know where he was buried."

Missing in Texas: ‘John and Joseph’s Law’ could require police to report to NamUs | KXAN

I have said many times that it should be department policy nationwide to use NamUs. IMO

Not sure about fingerprints but...

"The family was told that his body was found two days after the first missing persons report was filed.

“The cause of death was actually called drowning. But my son is bi-racial. He’s half Hispanic and white and the coroner told me … they didn’t do any toxicology reports because they thought he was an illegal alien,” he said."

Missing in Texas: ‘John and Joseph’s Law’ could require police to report to NamUs | KXAN Austin
Lived on the river down there. Drownings are very common. I was personally involved in three (3) separate recovery incidents just on personal time. Wouldn't have taken much to enter his DNA, but given the high number of alien drownings, I can understand.

Have we ever got any confirmation from LE that Jason was spotted on video anywhere?

Note to all you investigative reporters out there- could you ask these questions?
  • Where was he spotted?
  • Was he seen on a traffic camera anywhere? Security camera?
I’d also like someone to do an FOIA and get the car inventory sheet that was supposed to be competed and given to the tow truck driver. (Linking my post about that sheet below) I think it would be helpful to know what toiletries, what other clothes if any, what exactly is that battery looking thing in the back floorboard?
  • And while we are at it, how and when was the car towed?
  • Did tow truck driver enter the vehicle?
TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

Thanks @renard.
It is hard to now what to hope for, isn't it?
I hope he is found but if he is found he is dead.
If he is not found, there is hope he may be still alive, somewhere?
Mostly I hope for catharsis and peace for Jason and his family.

I wonder what lead them to do a more in depth search of the area? Would that mean they feel he is somewhere in the vicinity and hasn't gone off to live a new life as some have wondered? What if he isn't found?
Personally, I am wondering if they have the results of the marijuana found and expect burrowing and therefore they have more cadaver dogs this time and are going through more creeks etc with them. They said they were going through with a fine-tooth comb.

Anyone here following the thread that is an expert on dogs?
  • I have been curious how the dogs would have been affected and even now with the overwhelming smell of oil and gas that can be found in Luling? Does anyone know? Can those types of smells overwhelm them? Just felt I might need to back up my source of Luling being stinky with an article. Here is one for starters. KXAN Austin you have never driven through a Texas oil field, trust me, it can be strong. It will make you wonder how many brain cells just died and when you will be getting cancer. lol.
  • ((((caution graphic))) Would dogs pick up on Jason's scent if he was in an oil tank, buried underground, or in hog dung? gross to think about, but I am just curious and want him to be found.

Am I right that today is the last day of the search? I just have such a strong vibe that JL IS there, maybe outside the original search area, and I can’t imagine his family’s suffering if he isn’t found today. Prayers he will be found and brought home.

Am I right that today is the last day of the search? I just have such a strong vibe that JL IS there, maybe outside the original search area, and I can’t imagine his family’s suffering if he isn’t found today. Prayers he will be found and brought home.
It is the third day of this particular 3 day search but I doubt it will be the last search.

Have we ever got any confirmation from LE that Jason was spotted on video anywhere?

Note to all you investigative reporters out there- could you ask these questions?
  • Where was he spotted?
  • Was he seen on a traffic camera anywhere? Security camera?
I’d also like someone to do an FOIA and get the car inventory sheet that was supposed to be competed and given to the tow truck driver. (Linking my post about that sheet below) I think it would be helpful to know what toiletries, what other clothes if any, what exactly is that battery looking thing in the back floorboard?
  • And while we are at it, how and when was the car towed?
  • Did tow truck driver enter the vehicle?
TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3
The inventory sheet would show that the towing officer did not enter the vehicle. He states such in his report

The inventory sheet would show that the towing officer did not enter the vehicle. He states such in his report
I would like to see the inventory sheet for the inventory, not necessarily who entered. But, if you have the report would you link it because I haven’t seen it. Or maybe I have forgotten? The statement by Caldwell county only says that the Volunteer Firefighter did not enter the vehicle and the Trooper did not enter the vehicle. It did not say that the tow truck driver did or did not enter. Linking again. Log into Facebook

I would like to see the inventory sheet for the inventory, not necessarily who entered. But, if you have the report would you link it because I haven’t seen it. Or maybe I have forgotten? The statement by Caldwell county only says that the Volunteer Firefighter did not enter the vehicle and the Trooper did not enter the vehicle. It did not say that the tow truck driver did or did not enter. Linking again. Log into Facebook
Was that report published?
I didn't see it either.
I could well have missed it.

A news network obtained the DPS Summary of the Inventory via FOIA, and we have a screenshot of the report displayed during the news. See link below for screenshot.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Searching the footer displayed in the screenshot leads viewer to Texas Dept of Safety site.

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

A news network obtained the DPS Summary of the Inventory via FOIA, and we have a screenshot of the report displayed during the news. See link below for screenshot.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, en route from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020

Searching the footer displayed in the screenshot leads viewer to Texas Dept of Safety site.

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection
Ironically, I am the one who posted that screenshot from the story. But that is not the inventory sheet of the vehicle, I guess maybe it is a summary as you said. But, the summary says as we have stated before that it was not inventoried according to that screenshot because all the doors were locked, which we know by the time Kent got to the tow yard was false, and if one wanted to assume, one could assume that something is wrong, false, misstated, or changed.

So. Knowing what we know now, I would like to know, according to my previous post and the ordinances of who can authorize a tow and how it can be done. WHO authorized the tow, WHEN was it done, WHO entered the vehicle, Where is the inventory sheet, WHY is the car in NEUTRAL ---yes it is in neutral--someone entered that vehicle to tow it---. WHY does the screenshot say doors were locked when Kent was able to get into the car? Were they locked BUT the tow truck driver had to "open" the driver's side in order to get the car in to neutral to tow it because he didn't have a flatbed? hmmmmmm that is exactly what I am thinking. So, then, was the whole "inventory of the vehicle skipped"?

Changes the storyline a bit doesn't it? Enough presence of mind to lock the door when you exit? Or ???

IMHO, the statement from Caldwell County is carefully crafted. It doesn't say whether ANY OTHER doors were locked, just notes the PASSENGER door was locked. Well, the car does have 3 other doors. What about those? The report goes on to say WHO did not enter the vehicle but doesn't say they didn't enter because the doors were locked. Then they say Kent entered through an unlocked driver's side door at the impound lot. So, what is that statement doing? Is it putting blame on the impound lot? Saying, well, they didn't secure the car and we don't know how it got unlocked? It wasn't unlocked when we were on site with the wreck? Or is the statement vague purposely?

I can't jive the screenshot saying the car wasn't inventoried because the car was locked, Caldwell County effectively NOT saying the car was locked or unlocked, and then the car being unlocked at the tow yard. Takes me down a path of wanting to see the vehicle inventory sheet as a whole and again, I will just restate, whoever is an investigative reporter in this group, go get that FOIA, and get that report and find out why all these inconsistencies from the very beginning.

Ironically, I am the one who posted that screenshot from the story. But that is not the inventory sheet of the vehicle, I guess maybe it is a summary as you said. But, the summary says as we have stated before that it was not inventoried according to that screenshot because all the doors were locked, which we know by the time Kent got to the tow yard was false, and if one wanted to assume, one could assume that something is wrong, false, misstated, or changed.

So. Knowing what we know now, I would like to know, according to my previous post and the ordinances of who can authorize a tow and how it can be done. WHO authorized the tow, WHEN was it done, WHO entered the vehicle, Where is the inventory sheet, WHY is the car in NEUTRAL ---yes it is in neutral--someone entered that vehicle to tow it---. WHY does the screenshot say doors were locked when Kent was able to get into the car? Were they locked BUT the tow truck driver had to "open" the driver's side in order to get the car in to neutral to tow it because he didn't have a flatbed? hmmmmmm that is exactly what I am thinking. So, then, was the whole "inventory of the vehicle skipped"?

Changes the storyline a bit doesn't it? Enough presence of mind to lock the door when you exit? Or ???

IMHO, the statement from Caldwell County is carefully crafted. It doesn't say whether ANY OTHER doors were locked, just notes the PASSENGER door was locked. Well, the car does have 3 other doors. What about those? The report goes on to say WHO did not enter the vehicle but doesn't say they didn't enter because the doors were locked. Then they say Kent entered through an unlocked driver's side door at the impound lot. So, what is that statement doing? Is it putting blame on the impound lot? Saying, well, they didn't secure the car and we don't know how it got unlocked? It wasn't unlocked when we were on site with the wreck? Or is the statement vague purposely?

I can't jive the screenshot saying the car wasn't inventoried because the car was locked, Caldwell County effectively NOT saying the car was locked or unlocked, and then the car being unlocked at the tow yard. Takes me down a path of wanting to see the vehicle inventory sheet as a whole and again, I will just restate, whoever is an investigative reporter in this group, go get that FOIA, and get that report and find out why all these inconsistencies from the very beginning.

o_O :eek:

SS was not an inventory.
It listed 2 items, wallet and 'narcotics'.
WE know from Kent that it actually contained all Jason's gaming equipment, his laptop nad God knows what else.
Where were they listed or were they listed at all?
Was the weed container printed?
Was it really Jason's?
Was Jason really a smoker?
WE know or are told that the trooper arrived approximately one hour after receipt of call from VFF.
That would put him there at 1.35am
What time was tow yard notified?
What time did they collect and how much time did they take loading the vehicle?
Really short of detail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members