TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that would contradict Caldwell County’s statement. That is what I’m wondering. How often are things blatantly wrong?
CC got that case when it was about a week old?
It had been mismanaged from the outset acc. to Kent and I agree with him, who would not?

Every possible track and trail and footprint would have been obliterated, gone forever.
There was no getting that scene back ever again.
They had nothing to work with.
This is not IMO.
this is what Kent told us in Loudain interview.

There are only two options- he died and his body is there or he met with foul play and his body was removed.

How often do they get it wrong, in general? I think that is down to prejudice.
Assuming one thing had occurred, contempt prior to investigation.
A wreck with a missing driver does not always mean an inebriated driver absconded.

The difference is good police work.
Kent was there within hours. They had a source who could tell them everything they needed to know about the assumed drunk and absconded person. We have no reason to assume he did not give them this information. We can assume they either did not take it seriously enough because of their failure to seal off the accident area. Kent told us that.
Once it's gone, it's gone and there is no getting it back.
Kent told us that too.

RSBM
Reviewed images posted for Jason on the Caldwell County Sheriff's FB page. The series of images, from November 2020, prior to those related to Jason's missing person's case are quite strange and downright chilling. One eerie photo shows a cattle crossing guard as we've seen on SFR. Wonder what that story's all about...
Facebook
Elsewhere on their FB page they those are security cam pics of a garage burglary suspect:
"Between November 1 - November 10 the pictured male subject broke into a garage in the 9000 Block of U. S. Highway 183 north."

So, these pics seem unrelated to Jason's disappearance.

Elsewhere on their FB page they those are security cam pics of a garage burglary suspect:
"Between November 1 - November 10 the pictured male subject broke into a garage in the 9000 Block of U. S. Highway 183 north."

So, these pics seem unrelated to Jason's disappearance.
I don't necessarily think they're unrelated. IMO this is one more person Jason could've encountered that night. MOO

If you look at the post associated with the photos it was for a theft. It is NOT related to Jason's case.
I've seen Missing 411 but may never understand how people seemingly vanish.

Could organ trafficking somehow be involved here? Supply is low and demand is high. Jason was only 30 minutes or so away from the safety of his apartment when this happened. Was he followed, then duped?

Reviewed images posted for Jason on the Caldwell County Sheriff's FB page. The series of images, from November 2020, prior to those related to Jason's missing person's case are quite strange and downright chilling. One eerie photo shows a cattle crossing guard as we've seen on SFR. Wonder what that story's all about...
Facebook

Please call Detective Ferry if you have any information about 21yo Jason Landry.
517-398-6777 ext 4516

happened in November
happened in November
I shouldn't have implied I think they're directly connected. What I'm saying is it appears that JL is either hidden from the searchers or he encountered someone on SFR (while possibly naked). Could it be this person? Did they catch the person? Could he have been continuing his crimes of theft in December? Possibly driving on SFR looking for a vacant building to rob? Probably not but it's as plausible as all the other scenarios to explain his disappearance. MOO

Just to clarify I was suggesting that he got picked up and was fully dressed carrying his backpack and other items very soon after the crash by someone offering to help him. MOO
Being picked up was one of my thoughts as well. I think when he hit his brakes or made a turn the phone went under the seat. When he was looking for it while driving he crashed the car. As a result of the crash he has a head injury causing amnesia or whatever and either wandered off or was picked up by someone trying to help, and the driver may have been going through town to another destination and brought him some where out of the area and dropped him off. We know he is being looked for because we follow these cases. The locals know because it's on the news, however it's not news in another state. I think it's just that simple.

Sorry if this has been ask. I do wonder if it is typical for Jason to head to his parents this late. He would of gotten there maybe 2ish? I will look to see if that evening was a work day? I'm sure a lot of young adults do this, but was it normal for him? Wonder if any friends or family mentioned any mental illness before he vanished? Have any of his friends spike about him? He needs to be found.

Just my opinion <modsnip> So my first thought is Jason got hit at this intersection. Spun him around and seriously disoriented him. He does drive to the gravel road...mean while, the collision disrupts his phone and falls to the middle. I know this is far fetched. I'm trying to make sense of this disappearance. But it doesnt make sense. Ugg

Last edited by a moderator:
I shouldn't have implied I think they're directly connected. What I'm saying is it appears that JL is either hidden from the searchers or he encountered someone on SFR (while possibly naked). Could it be this person? Did they catch the person? Could he have been continuing his crimes of theft in December? Possibly driving on SFR looking for a vacant building to rob? Probably not but it's as plausible as all the other scenarios to explain his disappearance. MOO
You are right, and I responded too quick as well. I seem to recall that post from Caldwell County Sheriff mentioning that person had been there prior with a young child as well....isn't that sad?!! Most definitely it seems theft is an issue in this town..

What would have to happen for Caldwell County to ask for assistance from the FBI? I’m specifically wondering if the CAST team could be of benefit here. Seems as if specifically identifying location information on Jason’s phone could be of great benefit. Additionally, then matching that data with other devices at the same location .

What do you think it indicates that this has not been done, specifically with a PI that is former FBI who surely would seem to have requested that in my mind.

https://vault.fbi.gov/cellular-anal...survey-team-policy-guide-0997pg-part-01-of-01

What would have to happen for Caldwell County to ask for assistance from the FBI? I’m specifically wondering if the CAST team could be of benefit here. Seems as if specifically identifying location information on Jason’s phone could be of great benefit. Additionally, then matching that data with other devices at the same location .

What do you think it indicates that this has not been done, specifically with a PI that is former FBI who surely would seem to have requested that in my mind.

https://vault.fbi.gov/cellular-anal...survey-team-policy-guide-0997pg-part-01-of-01
The FBI would surely identify incompetence. MOO

But that would contradict Caldwell County’s statement. That is what I’m wondering. How often are things blatantly wrong?
Anything is possible, LE can get things quite wrong. However, from the statement you posted they seem more confident about some details than about others.

For example, when talking about Jason's intended destination that night they qualify it by saying "Investigators believe that Jason left his apartment in San Marcos at 10:55 PM on 12.13.20 with the intent to travel to the Missouri City Texas area...". So I'd take that as a statement that they think is true, but they aren't completely sure of. The same type of qualification is applied to the statement that Jason continued straight through the Magnolia Ave intersection and the statement that the clothes found in the roadway are the same ones he was wearing before the accident.

Then there are the things that they say they just have no evidence of: no evidence of communication with someone in Luling, no evidence of an unknown person being involved in the accident, etc. That's different from saying those things didn't happen, that's just saying they currently have no evidence that they did.

But the thing they seem most confident about is that it was a single vehicle accident. There's no qualifier at all in front of their description of the accident: "The vehicle collision is a single vehicle collision..." They follow that up with "All of the evidence collected leads investigators to be confident that the contact with the trees and fence line was the only contact the vehicle sustained."

So based on that statement, I'd say it would be very surprising if there was another vehicle involved in the accident. Whoever wrote it seems very careful about distinguishing what they know, what they believe and what they have no evidence to support.

Anything is possible, LE can get things quite wrong. However, from the statement you posted they seem more confident about some details than about others.

For example, when talking about Jason's intended destination that night they qualify it by saying "Investigators believe that Jason left his apartment in San Marcos at 10:55 PM on 12.13.20 with the intent to travel to the Missouri City Texas area...". So I'd take that as a statement that they think is true, but they aren't completely sure of. The same type of qualification is applied to the statement that Jason continued straight through the Magnolia Ave intersection and the statement that the clothes found in the roadway are the same ones he was wearing before the accident.

Then there are the things that they say they just have no evidence of: no evidence of communication with someone in Luling, no evidence of an unknown person being involved in the accident, etc. That's different from saying those things didn't happen, that's just saying they currently have no evidence that they did.

But the thing they seem most confident about is that it was a single vehicle accident. There's no qualifier at all in front of their description of the accident: "The vehicle collision is a single vehicle collision..." They follow that up with "All of the evidence collected leads investigators to be confident that the contact with the trees and fence line was the only contact the vehicle sustained."

So based on that statement, I'd say it would be very surprising if there was another vehicle involved in the accident. Whoever wrote it seems very careful about distinguishing what they know, what they believe and what they have no evidence to support.
I agree with your assessment. I feel like it passed by an attorney, not just a pr person. They were also very careful to state who did not enter the car, but most assume the tow truck driver had to have entered the car yet was not mentioned.

Thank you for pointing out what you did.

I like your analysis of the verbiage.
I don't like the sections of the report that say there's "no evidence" of such and such occurring. I think that wording is nebulous and confusing as it can be inferred by the reader that an effort was actually made to investigate to find evidence and I don't believe that is true. MOO

There is a new podcast about Jason. It's an interview with Kent.

I'm about to listen now on my walk.

True Crime Chronicles: The search for Jason Landry | khou.com

Thank you for this! Just finished listening. I have followed this case from the beginning and have gone back to re-read details several times, but until listening to the podcast I don’t think I fully grasped how tight the timeline is. When his dad says he arrived in town or on the crash scene around 5am, that’s just so soon after the wreck it puts the possibility of foul play a bit higher in my ranking of explanations here. And even further, the fact that the police were on scene so quickly ... it just seems like he couldn’t have been very far at that point and unless he was severely injured/impaired he would’ve heard LE arriving on the scene. And conversely, if he WAS injured, it doesn’t seem like he could’ve gotten all that far in such a short amount of time ... although I know much stranger things happen all the time.

Anyway. There are so many aspects of this case that are puzzling - the phone losing signal, the clothes in the road, the fact that he was on this back road to begin with - but the podcast helped highlight, for me at least, how little amount of time is thought to have passed between the crash and discovery of his vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB