TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you're referring to as a 1/4 mile north of. Of the abandoned house?

If not, the accident is 4.9 miles from the intersection he should have turned at. This was discussed in thread #4.

TX - TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

I am going by this location originally posted by Jason’s aunt (2nd image) sent to her by his dad. All else just says “near 2300” SFR. I believe his backpack and clothes were found 900 feet south, which would be near the intersection closest to that house. But please correct me if I’m wrong.

Attachments

• C2065BB7-D2B9-454F-B7B2-C5510118919F.jpeg
    C2065BB7-D2B9-454F-B7B2-C5510118919F.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 55
It seems to me that it would only be necessary to check the size of the opening into each oil tank to see if a six foot, one hundred eighty pound man could even get in or be put into the tank. Previous comments have indicated that the opening isn't large enough.
A tour of the area via google earth will tell you there are open top tanks around.

I having difficulty figuring out any possible chain of events where JL ends up in an oil tank.

Can someone please spell it out for me step by step?

pls include
Holly Bobo's remains were found later in the woods where both air and ground searches had been conducted, as well as many volunteer searches. I believe it was a hunter who found the body, or at least part of it. Molly Tibbet's body was also found in an area previously searched. Imo
Not sure you are right about Holly Bobo. Can you provide a cite?

I have not knowledge of this case beyond what I just read in this link. As Palmer states, “Very unusual for the gunshot wound and then finding him in a tank, a lot of unanswered questions”. Yeah. *unusual* seems to be an understatement. And beyond that, even with the fact that the victim had a gunshot wound, self-harm seems to still be an option on the table. The fact that the article states they cut the side of the oil tank out to get to him would seem to indicate that the tank was empty. While finding JL in an oil tank has not been one of the options I personally feel would be more likely, one of the reasons I have somewhat entertained it is because a full oil storage unit (regardless of whether it were a "tank" or other type of storage device) would be harder to search if it were full and required to be drained to be certain there were no body in it. Just my #randomThoughts here.

Folls, I am not able to imagine any sequence of events which ends up with JL’s body in an abandoned oil tank.
Can someone pls provide a timeline of events leading to JL’s death and concealment in an oil tank.

Pls include the finding of. JL’s clothes on the road leading back to Luling and explain why JL chucked his shoes to go barefoot into the inky forest. Thank you. #Find Jason!

Folls, I am not able to imagine any sequence of events which ends up with JL’s body in an abandoned oil tank.
Can someone pls provide a timeline of events leading to JL’s death and concealment in an oil tank.

Pls include the finding of. JL’s clothes on the road leading back to Luling and explain why JL chucked his shoes to go barefoot into the inky forest. Thank you. #Find Jason!

You have the timeline of events. They've been posted and discussed many times not only here, but in MSM. Simply insert 'Jason ends up in an oil tank either on his own, or someone put him there' anywhere on the timeline after the car could have struck the tree (giving a few min to undress), and when the VFF called in the crash. It's really that simple. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the timeline of events. They've been posted and discussed many times not only here, but in MSM. Simply insert 'Jason ends up in an oil tank either on his own, or someone put him there' anywhere on the timeline after the car could have struck the tree (giving a few min to undress), and when the VFF called in the crash. <modsnip>
Agreed. Since Jason disappeared under very unusual circumstances and still hasn’t been found, pretty much anything is on the table IMO.

Because all of his clothes were found in the road leading away from his car, I tend to lean toward his being under the influence of something that made him act irrationally. I think he could have crawled into/onto/under/inside somewhere, and that could have possibly been an oil tank. I keep thinking of the girl crawling into the briar bushes that you posted about earlier. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Since Jason disappeared under very unusual circumstances and still hasn’t been found, pretty much anything is on the table IMO.

Because all of his clothes were found in the road leading away from his car, I tend to lean toward his being under the influence of something that made him act irrationally. I think he could have crawled into/onto/under/inside somewhere, and that could have possibly been an oil tank. I keep thinking of the girl crawling into the briar bushes that you posted about earlier. :(

Yeah, and Jamisha not only crawled into the briar bushes, she had stripped down before that point, and was running up and down the road for about an hour (caught on tape going back and forth). And her naked body was so deep in they had to take chainsaws to it to retrieve her. I state that for others that haven't read my Jamisha Gilbert post similarities to Jason's case because she apparently felt no pain and she was barefoot and naked. She too had crashed her car just before.

A lot of folks in this thread have a hard time believing that being barefoot had to have hurt him so he couldn't have gone far. Yeah, if nothing abnormal was going on with you, but something abnormal WAS going on with him. And for Jamisha, all she had was a few hits off a few shared joints (with 3 others that didn't act abnormally afterward). They weren't laced as nothing was found in her system other than a small amount of pot.

So.... sometimes things that are hard to imagine actually can be true.

I was interested into what other examples I could come up with (other than Richard and Barbara who come to my mind first) of people who were later found in an area that received an adequate search, in order to learn from these cases and apply them to Jason's case.
Here are a few examples; please let me know if you know of any more!

Richard Morris - search included police officers, volunteers, Hampshire S&R, police dogs, search of the river, CCTV searches, and drone searches. Nearly 4 months later, he was found in his usual running spot, Alice Holt Forest, which is just over 2000 acres (8+ square kilometers).
Barbara Thomas - I'm sure most of us remember her disappearance. The search was extensive and involved SARs, canines, helicopters, park rangers, and vehicles. Year and a half later, she was found in roughly the same area (I don't think exact parameters have ever been released).
Matthew Lang - went missing after a one-car accident. Jackson County SAR had 'scoured' the area for 3 weeks until they finally found his body in the lake, several hundred yards away from the site. It was suggested that they found him once putrefaction released enough gases to allow him to float, but it is still strange that they missed him initially as I'm sure him being in the lake was a possibility which was investigated.
Adre'Anna Jackson - was murdered/abducted when walking to school, 500 people were searching within the first day. 4 months later, her skeleton was found in an empty lot that was overrun with brambles. The lot was under 2 miles from her house, and about a mile away from the school she was trying to reach. We DO have answers of how she was missed - the police admitted they didn't search there because they would have had to cut through the brambles o_O. She could have been placed there later but we will never know for sure, because it wasn't searched. This is a good example of why SAR should search EVERYWHERE within a search parameter, despite how unlikely it is that the person would be there.
Lynn Messer - went missing from her rural farm property. The search was extensive, involving dogs, and covered around 5000 acres. 2 years later, about a mile from her house, near the border of a cow pasture (which did have heavy foliage), her remains were found. Regardless of how she got there (suicide vs foul play), ME does believe her body had not been moved.
Justin Evans - this is a Canadian case that is still breaking/releasing new info. While professional SAR was never brought on, police claim they searched the area surrounding the RV park (and presumably inside the park itself), used a canine, and took aerial footage. About 5 months later, his body was found in a swampy area that borders the RV park, about a 1000 feet away.
Holly Courtier - I'm sure many of this remember this one as well lol. Searches used LE, canines, helicopters, and drones. It's known to have cost 60k$. 12 days later, found close by to where she had gone missing from. I'm not CONFIDENT about her inclusion on my list as I don't think they could ever prove that Holly had not left the area (and many think she must have to get supplies).
Lisa Prescott - When initially went missing, had multi-agency searches done. 2 years later, an additional search for Lisa by Equusearch Midwest found her remains, only 1300 feet from her house. This is also a bit of an ~eh on the list, as it's possible family was involved and thus Lisa might not have been there the whole time.

Thread created: (I transferred over submissions by other posters. Please copy/paste any I might have missed. tyvm)
Remains Found in Area After LE/SAR Searches

@happyday @Gemmie

Yes, yes, yes. We can’t assume logic was practiced or used in Jason’s actions after the accident. We don’t know his physical or mental condition for any certainty. With the known factors of an accident, his clothes left nearby on the ground I’ve never left my belief that he was not of sound mind and walked to a location within a few miles of the cars location and succumb to injuries/health related, or the elements. Him having gone in an oil tank would absolutely be high on my list of potential places - if they were within 10 miles and accessible (even if it meant breaking a few things to get in). To a person in distress in anyway, that could equate to a “safe” place for them to shelter in. MOO

Yeah, and Jamisha not only crawled into the briar bushes, she had stripped down before that point, and was running up and down the road for about an hour (caught on tape going back and forth). And her naked body was so deep in they had to take chainsaws to it to retrieve her. I state that for others that haven't read my Jamisha Gilbert post similarities to Jason's case because she apparently felt no pain and she was barefoot and naked. She too had crashed her car just before.

A lot of folks in this thread have a hard time believing that being barefoot had to have hurt him so he couldn't have gone far. Yeah, if nothing abnormal was going on with you, but something abnormal WAS going on with him. And for Jamisha, all she had was a few hits off a few shared joints (with 3 others that didn't act abnormally afterward). They weren't laced as nothing was found in her system other than a small amount of pot.

So.... sometimes things that are hard to imagine actually can be true.

Yeah.

Trauma does crazy things to the human brain and anytime it gets a hard shake and bounces around in that hard skull, it's trauma (don't ask the NFL, they'll insist repeated head injuries are cool). His head most likely hit the steering wheel or drivers side window adding a probable frontal lobe injury. The line of abandoned items indicates that in the moments following the crash, Jason was not behaving as an uninjured person would. Through no fault of his own, his cognitive abilities were impaired. We've all had that one friend that had one drink too many and suddenly they're insisting that it's too hot and roaming around your backyard in nothing but her underwear and it takes three people to get her back in the house and force some bread into her... It would have been a little like that, but no one was there to get Jason to safety.

In the ongoing SAR effort to find Philip Kreycik near Pleasanton, CA, at least one adjacent property owner barred searchers from entering or searching their property. Just wondering if there were issues like this in Jason's search. If some areas were deemed off limits to searchers that would definitely increase the odds he's nearby and hasn't been found, maybe, or maybe not, in an oil tank. Most of the property on that section of SFR looks like it's privately owned, with some probably either owned by, or leased to, oil companies.
CA - CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 July 2021

In the ongoing SAR effort to find Philip Kreycik near Pleasanton, CA, at least one adjacent property owner barred searchers from entering or searching their property. Just wondering if there were issues like this in Jason's search. If some areas were deemed off limits to searchers that would definitely increase the odds he's nearby and hasn't been found, maybe, or maybe not, in an oil tank. Most of the property on that section of SFR looks like it's privately owned, with some probably either owned by, or leased to, oil companies.

Kent Landry (Jason’s dad) has emphasized in interview(s) that the locals and landowners in area have been helpful and cooperative. But I haven’t found much specially in reference to oil, which I find strange because I’ve been all over that part of TX, and look at satellite images, and there is not one mile stretch of land near accident that doesn’t have some type of rig, well, tank…whatever other oil related machinery. They’ve mentioned that the openings to the wells are only 18” wide, and I remember from another well publicized case that the openings to the tanks in that situation were the same width. Those particular tanks were definitely in the “newer” category. The tanks in the area of JL’s accident are all over the board.

I just don’t feel like they would be going through the trouble, finances, and legalities of draining/thoroughly checking all of that without specific evidence leading them to do so. It’s just another reason why this case is so frustrating.

Read the beginning of the tread - there you find your answers !

Property Owners refusing to let searchers enter ? That would raise a red flag with me.
MOO !

If there’s a possibility he did end up in an oil tank, could he potentially have climbed up on top of the tank in hopes of looking for a road or any passing cars? I imagine that would have given him a bit better of a view, despite being in total darkness, & maybe he fell in on accident? I’d hate to think of anything awful happening to anyone, but this would be my only explanation as to how/why someone would end up in an oil tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member