TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, Jason. jmhoo
This does not mean that gamer Jason carried a few joints for the enlightenment party, plus any psychotics bc he only had the mj as the onscene evidence shows.

I agree about drugs, namely, Adderall or Ritalin usage can prompt uncontrollable perspiration but these weren't mentioned as being part of Jason's issues that evening since we don't have the tox reports, I don't know. There could be a script for them in his apt. If profusely sweating were a medical cond. of his, I think his Dad would have told us.

Fear, terrifying dread mixed w sheer fear, is about the only thing that'd make me perspire that heavily. Then, again, in that winter weather, I'd likely be shivering.

Car Accident: Human's natural responses to trauma are:
1) Fight 2) Flight 3) Freeze Jason got nekked. And, placed his Beta in the road.

I don't understand the theory that Jason would take this enlightenment trip to party while high on pot and play video games and discuss becoming an enlightened one? Then, following his exit from crashing his Dad's car, he abandoned the most important piece, the game player, inside the backpack placed in the street. No foul play?

LEO tells us Jason was headed to a party to play games.
He was carrying several chubby yet neatly rolled non-laced joints.
<DBM - wrong thinking>
Thank you for this important reminder of our precious freedoms. I was for the geofence warrant.
@branmuffin wrote:
It's concerning to me that some people would be okay with allowing LE to gather information on the downlow to skirt privacy laws. It makes me realize how fragile our rights are. Does the end justify the means?

Last edited:
His family was not expecting Jason for their celebration of the holiday this soon.
He was less than 30 minutes away from his college apartment going to meet someone somewhere in order to play video games. And become Enlightened. Perhaps.
^^rsbm

I recall from one of Mr. Landy's podcasts that Jason was planning to crash with a childhood friend in his hometown of Missouri City where the gaming party was to commence with his old crowd home for the holidays. He had a two-hour drive from Luling when missed the turn to access I-10 taking him straight to his destination. MOO

^^rsbm

I recall from one of Mr. Landy's podcasts that Jason was planning to crash with a childhood friend in his hometown of Missouri City where the gaming party was to commence with his old crowd home for the holidays. He had a two-hour drive from Luling when missed the turn to access I-10 taking him straight to his destination. MOO

Thanks for acknowledging and correcting the error so I had time to edit the post!
I thought one of the updates did mention he was headed to MC. Yikes, he travels light for a holiday visit with the family. Someone a while back suggested he kept plenty of his clothes and shoes at home.

Pot can affect everyone differently. My guess is that Jason was a recreational smoker and knew how it made him feel. It is unlikely, if it affected him like a psychedelic, that he would smoke before a long drive. If he would smoke again at all. Sometimes the experience is a complete turn off and they will avoid it. Also, I've done shrooms on a few occasions as a teenager. Not once did I strip out of my clothes or even feel like it. Of course, I cant speak for everyone but not everyone strips naked while hallucinating. He seemed like a really level headed kid, I can't imagine he would risk taking something that makes him see things before getting on the road. Especially as psychedelics are seriously unpredictable. Once whatever drug that the person is on has kicked in, things could go south very quickly with just a negative thought. If he had smoked before getting on the road he probably would have been paranoid in the sense that he would have been driving at the exact speed limit posted. He would be cautious and extra alert to what is going on around him bc he will be looking for LE stationed down the roads. He does not want to get pulled over with pot in the car. He wouldn't have been driving erratic. Waze isn't a super reliable GPS so I can see it sending him down SFR. He pulls his phone out to find out why he's in the boonies, isn't paying attention(since its empty & rural), veers off the road and crashes. Let’s focus on finding him and not on negative bs posted by the media. That’s what the media does. Someone could save someone’s life in an extraordinary act but the media will report their past mistakes instead of focusing on the good that was done. Jason was a good kid and he is missing. That’s what matters.
There is an error in your post.
Waze almost certainly DID NOT send him down Salt Flat Road. In my experience Waze is pretty accurate in its directions. Waze would also alert the user to police stationed along the route.
What happened was he closed Waze BEFORE (and opened SnapChat) Waze would have directed him to make a turn. When that turn was missed, continuing straing led Jason down Salt FLat Road. Waze was never restarted after this even though he was off course. This was discussed by law enforcement when they examined his digital footprint.

It seems there are a lot of questions that have come up from the newest fox report.

I understood the LEO to say Jason was planning to stay local - and head to a local party in San Marcos to play games and get high.

Does anyone have a link to his father saying he planned to drive to Missouri City (Houston area, near his home) and attend a party where he planned to arrive well after midnight?

From what I can ascertain a lot of students, especially university students take these two drugs to help them focus and increase their attention span. So even without a prescription it's quite possible JL could have accessed it at university.

Adderall Abuse Among College Students | Prescription Stimulant Addiction
Good suggestion about the adderall. It makes sense he could have been taking it since he had just finished out the semester, exams, etc., perhaps pulling an "all nighter". Add in that it's also popular with gamers, and the scenario of him leaving late at night to join friends in a gaming session a couple of hours away doesn't seem that odd.

Good suggestion about the adderall. It makes sense he could have been taking it since he had just finished out the semester, exams, etc., perhaps pulling an "all nighter". Add in that it's also popular with gamers, and the scenario of him leaving late at night to join friends in a gaming session a couple of hours away doesn't seem that odd.
It would be interesting to know who he was talking to in that call. Not that it's anyone's business, really, but he was clearly headed home/to his hometown for the holidays, since he brought his Betta. Would be good to know if this was a spur of the moment decision to leave town, or something he had planned.

I'm pretty sure that Jason was truly lost on Salt Flat Road.
From what I read, this was his second time to drive through Luling.

He may not have had cell service in that location and he may not have known that he could have used satellite to find his way back
(Helpful hint: your phone's GPS works even when you don't have cell service. It even works in airplane mode. It's satellite based, not cell tower based )

I recently got lost in a part of town that I rarely visit and I've lived here 40 years.

It was a scary feeling and I started going stir crazy.

Jason was really truly, truly lost out there.

Getting lost in a place like Salt Flat Road has got to be scary as heck, if you don't know that you can use your phone's GPS to get out.

He probably felt he was going crazy before his accident.

He probably felt more crazy when he hit that tree.

Possible scenario:
He leaves his vehicle after his accident with his clothes on.
He may have tried to look for help or something.
He returns to find the vehicle is gone (towed)?

(I don't know what time Jason's vehicle was towed)

All hell broke lose in Jason's head, when he returned to his vehicle and it was gone.
Jason experiences a psychotic break at this point.
He may have removed his clothes with this thought: "I will leave my clothes here, so they will know that I was here"

Additionally, throw in an unknown substance that was impairing his judgement to some degree.

Just a possible scenario......

Trying to find a somewhat logical reason for dumping his clothes.
I don't believe he took off his clothes because he had hypothermia.
However, it may have been a "call for help"

Last edited:
I doubt Jason tried returning to his car. If he’d “sobered up” (assuming he was high when this occurred) enough to return to the car, he’d likely have picked up some of his clothes and put them back on.
The car being towed away (which is proper and likely required under the law) had no bearing on Jason being missing in my opinion.

I doubt Jason tried returning to his car. If he’d “sobered up” (assuming he was high when this occurred) enough to return to the car, he’d likely have picked up some of his clothes and put them back on.
The car being towed away (which is proper and likely required under the law) had no bearing on Jason being missing in my opinion.

If his car was towed, he could not have returned to it, even if he tried.

Leaving possessions in the road lets searchers know that you've been there.

I think he left the vehicle with his clothes on and wandered around for awhile.

He then returned to the crash site and saw that his vehicle was gone.

He then removed his clothes and left them in the road, so that people would know that Jason was there.

Just getting lost in a setting like that kind place, play sawful tricks on your brain.
He may have bumped his head in the wreck, which could have added to more problems too.
He was sober enough to drive from San Marcos to Luling.
Ending up on Salt Flat Road accidentally could easily happen.

Last edited:

He then removed his clothes and left them in the road, so that people would know that Jason was there.

Just getting lost in a setting like that kind place, play sawful tricks on your brain.
He may have bumped his head in the wreck, which could have added to more problems too.
Although his father stated he was the one who located Jason's clothing, in the video just released you can see the cop going through his things, in the dark of night. So the clothing was there, in the road with the backpack and fish, when the cops came, and long before Jason's father had been able to arrive.

That is not supported by the video from the scene. The clothing was left before the car was discovered.

Although his father stated he was the one who located Jason's clothing, in the video just released you can see the cop going through his things, in the dark of night. So the clothing was there, in the road with the backpack and fish, when the cops came, and long before Jason's father had been able to arrive.

OK...thanks for the info...
Timeline and articles make it sound like his father discovered his clothes the next day.
The video is not the best quality, but the narrator states the clothes are on the road at the scene.

I do see the cops going through his bag at the scene and he has left his pet fish on the road, so obviously Jason dropped his possessions in the road shortly after crashing.

But the odds are if, it was the scenario I had given, he probably would have also taken his bag with him and not left it at the scene.

His vehicle was there only an hour before someone saw it and called 911.

Oh well, it's back to a total mystery.........

Jason's father did in fact find the clothing articles in the road the next morning. I'm not sure why they were left there after the car was towed. Perhaps LE was unsure if the clothing was connected to the backpack, fish, and the car. Or maybe they thought he might come back for them or that he had dropped them when he changed into warmer clothes.

To be fair, we'd all like this to have been handled carefully as if it were a CSI Las Vegas crime scene episode. The reality is that this was responded to by a rural sheriff's office, likely understaffed and underpaid, and by guys working the night shift. I doubt paradoxical undressing ever occurred to them.

To be fair, we'd all like this to have been handled carefully as if it were a CSI Las Vegas crime scene episode. The reality is that this was responded to by a rural sheriff's office, likely understaffed and underpaid, and by guys working the night shift. I doubt paradoxical undressing ever occurred to them.
Actually it was investigated by the sheriff's department. But the original accident scene response was a Texas DPS officer. In rural areas, a state officer may respond if there is not a local resource available No one on duty or all units busy). The DPS officer arrived and likely scheduled the scene cleanup so he/she could move on to the next call and the sheriff could assume responsibility after the initial response.

I've read this whole thread since I haven't been here for a while. I agree with anyone who believes that a geofence warrant is out of the question since there is absolutely no evidence of foul play. It's concerning to me that some people would be okay with allowing LE to gather information on the downlow to skirt privacy laws. It makes me realize how fragile our rights are. Does the end justify the means?

I wondered why Jason's vehicle was considered 'totaled'. Initially it made me think his injuries were worse than they might have been. Judging by its appearance it wasn't totaled because of irreparable damage but because its age and market value probably made fixing it not financially viable. He may have been shaken up and disoriented for a while but I feel he was capable of exiting the vehicle. Without his phone he may have sat around for awhile trying to figure out how to get back to Luling but he was really underdressed for the occasion, even without getting in an accident. The location seems so desolate so I understand why he decided to walk. Hypothermia is a real risk when someone isn't dressed for the weather but hypothermia is rare when temperatures hover around freezing.

The shedding of the clothes though, that's what gives me pause. I can't figure out if he was overheated because of drugs he may have consumed or because he was in the final throes of hypothermia. Usually, paradoxical undressing is the final act before burrowing and death so you'd think finding his clothes less than 900 feet from the vehicle he would have been found within any of the search areas. Most people who died of hypothermia and engaged in paradoxical undressing endured sub zero temperatures. Minus 30 F can trigger hypothermia in 10 minutes. Texas was a long way from -30F that night.

I watched the video (absent of sound) of JL rolling a joint as a traveler. I have a feeling that the sound is absent not to besmirch the memory of JL but to protect his friends.

I was looking up what drugs have a tendency to cause excess sweating and heat intolerance. Yes, the usual suspects are there: cocaine, methamphetamine, and MDMA. But also Ritalin and Adderall. From what I can ascertain a lot of students, especially university students take these two drugs to help them focus and increase their attention span. So even without a prescription it's quite possible JL could have accessed it at university.

Adderall Abuse Among College Students | Prescription
The Landry family has asked the Texas AG to take over the investigation.

Family of missing Texas State student asking Texas AG to take over investigation
Interesting.

The Landry family has asked the Texas AG to take over the investigation.

Family of missing Texas State student asking Texas AG to take over investigation

Jan 12, 2022

To Note:
•his vehicle was found four miles away from the road he would turn in Luling to get home
•a volunteer firefighter allegedly found Jason's car crashed into a tree
•his clothes were laid out across the gravel road
•Searches by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office have not turned up any leads as to what happened to the college student, so his family is asking the attorney general's office to take over.
•TX AG’s office is going to be scheduling meetings this month in January, and make a decision on what they are going to do next

^^rsbm

I'm wondering if that information was not known by the Landry's at the time of Jason's disappearance. They acknowledge that JL was not scheduled to arrive home until later so I think they are just putting two and two together and initially thought JL would come directly to their home from university.

There is an error in your post.
Waze almost certainly DID NOT send him down Salt Flat Road. In my experience Waze is pretty accurate in its directions. Waze would also alert the user to police stationed along the route.
What happened was he closed Waze BEFORE (and opened SnapChat) Waze would have directed him to make a turn. When that turn was missed, continuing straing led Jason down Salt FLat Road. Waze was never restarted after this even though he was off course. This was discussed by law enforcement when they examined his digital footprint.

Is it possible that JL dropped the phone before the crash? And being dropped on the floor caused it to turn off the Waze app. That it was JL rooting around on the floor looking for the phone that caused him to lose control of the vehicle and crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop