TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just released new images and information on Jason Landry leading up to his leaving San Marcos the last time he was seen. This is devastating to see and know.

Where is Jason Landry? Search continues for missing Texas State student
Hope new leads come out of the release of this footage. His father questions the reason the footage was released. He doesen't agree with the narrative. Its so sad hearing his father talk about it. You can see and hear his frustration. Jason was using Wase app. before his crash occurred so he was trying to help himself navigate. IMO I wouldn't discount his use of that app. Saying he was deliberately trying to derail his trip by going on SFR is what the narrative is suggesting IMO. Ok, lets agree his sweating was caused by usage of whatever he was taking at that time as suggested by the narrative that still doesn't explain him not being found. It still hasn't explained much about what happened after the crash IMO. We understand he potentially had a head injury and he may have been impaired and tired, and it also didn't help that his phone slipped between the seats or console, so nothing new IMO. When a person has come under these circumstances it still doesn't suggest that anything could not have happened to them and its the status quo of "the individual was confused." In a confused state it may still be possible to sway that person's judgement at that time to steer them into a potentail tragedy. He could've crawled somewhere or someone could've harmed him as well on the path he was walking on is all I'm saying and its all MOO.

Last edited:
Moo...i find it useful information and knowing where his mind was at in the beginning, would of been helpful. I did not see or hear anything to be disturbed about. He is just a young guy exploring life. Moo
I agree on all points. I haven't seen or heard anything that anything disturbing was going on his life either, but as I stated hindsight happens after the fact though and sometimes that can be too late. Being a young age sometimes people aren't aware of the hardship that could result due to an action or inaction. Sad. It holds true in a lot of young people's cases on WBS that I'm following

I think this brings clarity.

Jason was under the influence. Jason was overheating. Jason was actively associating drugs, psychedelics and awakening.

For me, this rules out foul play. Rules out conspiracies theories.

He crashed, he disrobed, he began walking. Following a path of enlightenment, made sense only to him, in the state he was in. He may have had edibles or other drugs so he was feeling no pain, no fear. He may have been running no less, traveling much farther than anyone imagined.

If only he could emerge now, having survived on berries, but sadly, I think he likely burrowed in somewhere, where he died, where his remains have gone undetected.

My heart goes out to his parents. Jason was not alone in his college drug use. He didn't get a chance to outgrow it.

JMO

I think this brings clarity.

Jason was under the influence. Jason was overheating. Jason was actively associating drugs, psychedelics and awakening.

For me, this rules out foul play. Rules out conspiracies theories.

He crashed, he disrobed, he began walking. Following a path of enlightenment, made sense only to him, in the state he was in. He may have had edibles or other drugs so he was feeling no pain, no fear. He may have been running no less, traveling much farther than anyone imagined.

If only he could emerge now, having survived on berries, but sadly, I think he likely burrowed in somewhere, where he died, where his remains have gone undetected.

My heart goes out to his parents. Jason was not alone in his college drug use. He didn't get a chance to outgrow it.

JMO
Well said, I agree 100%

Just released new images and information on Jason Landry leading up to his leaving San Marcos the last time he was seen. This is devastating to see and know.

This story was, of course, provided by Fox7, the same news team who in 2020 provided us with the misleading "backpack filled with narcotics" headline and story, which is still up at their site (Backpack filled with narcotics found near missing man's car). My guess is that CCSO had at least the Facetime video information early on and that Fox7 forced the issue through a FOIA request or other avenue. Likewise, the body cam video had already been released in a few still shots. The Google search history information may have come more recently if it was from Jason's phone. I kind of agree with his father that there wasn't a compelling reason to release that.

But now that it's out there, it does point more strongly away from any third party 's involvement.

Saying he was deliberately trying to derail his trip by going on SFR is what the narrative is suggesting IMO.
I don't think this is at all what was suggested. Ferry even said of his waypoints "it's pretty consistent travel". And this new info still doesn't answer how exactly he got to where his car was found. I think the best narrative is still that he dropped his phone under his seat in Luling, got lost, and crashed. MOO

Last edited:
Very interesting update. I've been following this case closely, and it bothers me a lot. You have to feel for the father - he's in terrible pain - but this isn't as if LE has gone through and just released random searches compiled over time. These were videos, and searches, that happened just before he went missing, and would help explain his disappearance.

I've been out there to the scene, and it seems very possible that a naked man, deceased, would go unnoticed. He was young and strong, and it seems he could have wandered a LONG way away and froze to death.

So sad.

Last edited:
. I think the best narrative is still that he dropped his phone under his seat in Luling, got lost, and crashed. MOO

Makes sense to me.

He's got almost a "straight shot" home, until he gets to Luling.
If he stays on Hwy 80, he ends up on Salt Flat Road.

If he takes a left he goes north instead of towards I-10

Common sense says to stay on Hwy 80 until it reaches I-10...but the map shows otherwise.

Google Maps

That new information explains a lot, IMO.

People who are on psychedelics commonly strip their clothes off. A few years ago my brother did shrooms and ran out into the woods. He then called me and told me he was naked and running around. Fortunately he was walking distance from my parents house and was able to sober up, find his clothes and get home. I can't imagine what would have happened if he'd been driving, crashed in an unfamiliar location and ran away from the car.

Jason is probably curled up or hidden away somewhere in a mile or so radius of his car and just hasn't been found yet, sadly. Wasn't there something about the area being toxic as well? So sad. And this isn't a knock on Jason at all. I would be devastated had this been the outcome for the brother. And unfortunately young people, especially in college, don't appreciate the dangers of drugs. If you're going to trip always have a sober babysitter.

Hopefully they come across the body soon. No matter what happened his family deserves closure.

What I find head-scratching is the statement from Captain Jeff Ferry of Caldwell Cnty's Sherriff's Office heard @ 1:42 - "All signs point to us that he is under the influence and we know that he's going to get into the car and try to navigate his way to Missouri City."

Ok, so, that begs the question... THEN WHY DID THEY TOW THE CAR SO QUICKLY?!? So he couldn't drive under the influence? They could have hung out and waited for him to return if that was the case. How quickly they towed his car has never made sense to me but I find it even odder that they supposedly "knew" he was going to come back to it and drive off.

MOO

What I find head-scratching is the statement from Captain Jeff Ferry of Caldwell Cnty's Sherriff's Office heard @ 1:42 - "All signs point to us that he is under the influence and we know that he's going to get into the car and try to navigate his way to Missouri City."

Ok, so, that begs the question... THEN WHY DID THEY TOW THE CAR SO QUICKLY?!? So he couldn't drive under the influence? They could have hung out and waited for him to return if that was the case. How quickly they towed his car has never made sense to me but I find it even odder that they supposedly "knew" he was going to come back to it and drive off.

MOO

LE's comments refer IMO to Jason, as seen in the recorded video. That Jason was already under the influence and THEN he got in the car, not that he would be getting back into his car, post crash.

JMO

I can't imagine the fathers frustration - now even worsened because of the release of this new footage and info. Upon discovering the pill bottle with cannabis, you can clear as day hear LE become giddy and act with fake "shock" that they've found something. I have heard the same type of intonation in voices upon hearing that a woman had been drinking (or wearing a dress/makeup etc...) before being sexually assaulted. IMO (and in my experience) some people find It's a reason to not have to care as much. An excuse to judge without feeling bad about it. A excuse to not have to work as hard - I imagine that Jason's father knows that it very well may be an excuse or reason for LE to not have to search as thoroughly as they would have if they didn't find cannabis.

MOO

RSBM

Lewis states "All signs point to us that he is under the influence..."

What are all these signs? All I can observe from the video is that Jason simply rolled a joint.

The only sign LE could potentially observe from the video posted of Jason, according to the list of signs and symptoms provided by experts on marijuana usage, is red eyes.

Even if Jason's eyes did appear to be red, red eyes can be the result of many causes.

IMO, Lewis's statement about "all signs" pointing to Jason being "under the influence" is not supported by any fact at all
regarding any sign at all
which could have been observed to prove Jason
was under the influence of anything at all.

It is therefore an illogical argument.

From Marijuana intoxication: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Marijuana intoxication

Marijuana ("pot") intoxication is the euphoria, relaxation, and sometimes undesirable side effects that can occur when people use marijuana. The ability to perform complex tasks may be adversely affected. Many users report excessive appetite after marijuana use.

Some states in the Unites States permit marijuana to be used legally to treat certain medical problems . Other states have also legalized its general use.

Symptoms
The intoxicating effects of marijuana include relaxation, sleepiness, and mild euphoria (getting high).

Smoking marijuana leads to fast and predictable signs and symptoms. Eating marijuana can cause slower, and sometimes less predictable, effects.

Marijuana can cause undesirable side effects, which increase with higher doses. These side effects include:
  • Decreased short-term memory
  • Dry mouth
  • Impaired perception and motor skills
  • Red eyes
More serious side effects include panic, paranoia, or acute psychosis, which may be more common with new users or in those who already have a psychiatric disease.

And, from How to Tell if Someone is High on Marijuana? (Signs & Side Effects)

Physical signs of marijuana use include red eyes, poor muscle coordination, delayed reaction times, and increased appetite. A sudden shift in mood from tense to relaxed could indicate marijuana use, as could abrupt symptoms of anxiety, panic, and/or hallucinations. Marijuana also has a distinctive smell, sometimes described as skunk-like. Catching a whiff of this scent on a person’s clothing or hair could also be a sign that the person has used the drug recently.

Snipped:
RSBM

Lewis states "All signs point to us that he is under the influence..."

What are all these signs? All I can observe from the video is that Jason simply rolled a joint.

I think they are also citing the sweating. In the video Jason appears to be sweating enough that he has large dark sweat marks under both arms.

IMO it doesn't have to mean anything. A friend of mine profusely sweats - winter, summer, in air-conditioning, while sitting, while standing. He brings a small towel with him at all times to wipe his head. He's never done a drug in his life. Including alcohol.

LE's comments refer IMO to Jason, as seen in the recorded video. That Jason was already under the influence and THEN he got in the car, not that he would be getting back into his car, post crash.

JMO
I agree @Megnut -- and think the point was that he was in no condition to drive when he left San Marcos.

And take note that LE also had the benefit of speaking to the friend that provided the video. We don't have the benefit of the audio.

rsbm

I think the main sign the officer referred to was the excessive sweating. That's not a very typical effect from smoking pot, or really from many other drugs either. It might be due to stimulants, psychedelics, "bath salts", etc. or it might be just from staying up all night drinking strong coffee and debating religion and existence, then smoking a bit. Maybe he'd been exercising or packing his car. His Facetime friend, who must have known Jason's mannerisms, seems to have thought he was high. To me it just looked like he was having a lively discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member