TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't kick out the back window. That's just something a normal person can't do (unless it was already broken in the crash).
That was my thought, although trooper Flores told the parents he probably kicked out the back window to get out the car. And like other poster said he was wearing flip flops. I don’t think a person could kick out the back window without being quite bloodied in the process.

I don't think there's any way Jason could have carried his gaming bag and fish if he had to go out through the back window.

It's possible that gaming bag was in the trunk? but I don't think he would put the fish would be in the trunk, it would toss around too much. It would be in a cup holder.

I (very vaguely) recall in Lordan's podcast where KL said that the bag of marijuana (in the gaming bag) was in the "back seat" of the car. He was establishing why he didn't think that Jason was using while driving. At the time (it's in one of my posts on this site) I was questioning how he could be so sure since the bag was found in the road.

If Jason didn't exit out of the driver side door, I'd be inclined to think something was amiss. JMO/MOO.

He didn't kick out the back window. That's just something a normal person can't do (unless it was already broken in the crash).
I know, I was thinking out loud trying to figure that one out. Its possible the angle he was driving at broke the window in the back but what would do that? Windows are pretty strong so did his car when going over into the crash scene hit an edge of some sort and sort of went upwards and the landing caused it to shatter? This part about the window hasn't really been explained IMO with a reasonable answer. All that I've seen is that Jason kicked it. But, really?

I know, I was thinking out loud trying to figure that one out. Its possible the angle he was driving at broke the window in the back but what would do that? Windows are pretty strong so did his car when going over into the crash scene hit an edge of some sort and sort of went upwards and the landing caused it to shatter? This part about the window hasn't really been explained IMO with a reasonable answer. All that I've seen is that Jason kicked it. But, really?
If you study the pictures of the car after the accident, it's almost certain the car window broke from the impact of the driver's rear of the car wait what I remember as being said was a tree. There is extensive damage to that corner of the car, including buckling on the driver's rear pillar around the rear glass. Once you distort the metal around the glass, the glass is likely to break. Until that point, the glass is very tough, glued in, and a structural part of the car. Despite what they show on TV, it is hard to shatter auto glass.

If you study the pictures of the car after the accident, it's almost certain the car window broke from the impact of the driver's rear of the car wait what I remember as being said was a tree. There is extensive damage to that corner of the car, including buckling on the driver's rear pillar around the rear glass. Once you distort the metal around the glass, the glass is likely to break. Until that point, the glass is very tough, glued in, and a structural part of the car. Despite what they show on TV, it is hard to shatter auto glass.
Excellent point! I've actually looked at pictures of the car at the impound lot and tried to zoom in and it looks like there are quite a few small twigs on the left corner of the back window/sundeck area, which would've come from the tree that was hit in the crash.

And your point about auto glass being very tough, just brought back a personal experience proving it. When I was 21 years old, I was coming home from work on my lunch break and someone cut me off and I decided to give a choice hand gesture. I pull in my townhome complex and park behind my house and go inside and start getting something to eat. A few minutes later I hear my car alarm going off. I thought it was very strange and I went upstairs to look out the bedroom window as I didn't want to go outside. What I saw shocked me. Someone had grabbed a brick, apparently from my neighbors carport area and thrown it at my driver's side window. Guess what? The window didn't break, the only thing noticeable was a mark from the impact of the brick. Lessons learned: 1) Don't make hand gestures when someone cuts you off and 2) The auto glass on my 1996 Honda del Sol was very strong.

That makes sense. I know I thought its difficult to shatter the glass. They've never shown the tree that was damaged if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong about that though maybe I missed photos or videos, maybe even an article where this was discussed. Thanks. If possible if you have anything that lets us see this then could you kindly post it, many of us would appreciate it.

That makes sense. I know I thought its difficult to shatter the glass. They've never shown the tree that was damaged if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong about that though maybe I missed photos or videos, maybe even an article where this was discussed. Thanks. If possible if you have anything that lets us see this then could you kindly post it, many of us would appreciate it.
This article from early March 2021 answers a lot of ongoing questions & includes some good photos, but the car is only seen in the tow yard.

I have seen photos showing the tree and closeups of pieces of in the car's bumper on the side that swiped it. I do believe the scenario put forth in this article still fits the publicly known evidence.

I was on one of the Facebook "find Jason" pages (not the family's) in early 2021 that had very helpful videos and photos. I don't know what can be found there now.

Phone data reveals final known moments before disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry | kvue.com

If I find better photos of the tree area, I will post a link.

MOO

There are better photos, but this one of the tree is in this article.

Screenshot_20220421-053210_(1).png

Jason Landry: 86 points of interest circled in search for Texas State student

Google is your friend. I easily found the links in this & my prior post. Sleuth away!

MOO

The episode of Never Seen Again covered Jason's case last night. It is absolutely heartbreaking watching Mr. & Mrs. Landry discuss the search for their son. You have the opportunity to utilize your WATCH ONE FREE EPISODE in my link below. I urge you to watch it and see what you think about the theories discussed.

The episode of Never Seen Again covered Jason's case last night. It is absolutely heartbreaking watching Mr. & Mrs. Landry discuss the search for their son. You have the opportunity to utilize your WATCH ONE FREE EPISODE in my link below. I urge you to watch it and see what you think about the theories discussed.
Thanks for posting this, Justice. Did any theories pop out for you that made you go Hmmmm.....?

Funny that Jason's thread popped up for me today. Last night I couldn't sleep and was listening to my usual Crime/Misisng podcasts and Crime Junkie's podcast about young men missing from their cars came up.

I knew about Jason and Brandon but hadn't heard (or read) about another young man missing from his car - Daniel Robinson. You guys probably talked about it here and I missed it when I was busy with life. But in case someone else wants to listen to the podcast I heard last night, here is a link.

Thanks for posting this, Justice. Did any theories pop out for you that made you go Hmmmm.....?
I don't know if I can get on board with anything 100% other than the fact that Ferry grinds my gears! I appreciate PI Pena and his team immensely. Correct me anyone if I've missed it to be proven by CCTV or any other way on this ok? Everything that I have been led to believe by investigators states that Jason's phone pinged from The Retreat, his apartment beginning at 10:55pm and along the way down Hwy 80 to the intersection of 80 and 183 in Luling. In the media dump by the CCSO of JL's phone records the pivotal point is the Snapchat that was the last known correspondence from JL. The reason why he either logged out of the WAZE APP or as Ferry stated Jason would have caused the WAZE APP to operate in the background with Snapchat being his only concern. I apologize for my long winded response I want to be positive that I have the details down pact. Was that final Snap an image sent to Jason or a face to face chat? I don't know if I believe that Jason Landry was alive and well and acting on his own accord anytime after the recorded Facetime inside of JL's San Marcos apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member