TX TX - Jason Landry Missing After Car Found Crashed Near Luling, Dec 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I know it isn't the family who has been accusatory or pressing towards the vff.

That IMO has been the social media sleuths that won't accept his and his family's varying explanations.
Kent and Lisa Landry just want to bring their boy home and allow him to rest peacefully. They have excepted that Jason is in heaven and believe that he is no longer alive. I've seen Pastor Landry on media interviews say that is their top priority. Answering questions and figuring out how he passed would come later and the family trusts investigators to handle that aspect.

Project Absentia is a San Antonio, TX based non profit organization dedicated to Missing Persons operated by a former FBI agent,
A. Mark Pena licensed PI. The organization volunteered to assist the Landry family and have been on board from the very beginning. Their goal is to assist families, as a go between if you will, and LEO. That is where the polygraph test was administered and deemed the vff to be honest on all questions asked during the test.

I am of the same belief as you as to what happened to Jason. The only thing I can't accept is that his body is simply not out there.
I also agree about the most likely explanation for what happened. As for the VFF, he seemed quite brave to assess the situation and stick around, given that another VFF and his younger cousin were killed close to there earlier that year by someone in an apparent psychotic state ("thought they were aliens").

the story of Jason Landry is on now on Investigative Discovery

Still can't believe the police did not pick up his clothes on the road-- they didn't do a basic investigation---
We have in a disappearance in the UK that has similar characteristics to Jason’s disappearance, although details/ circumstances of his disappearance has largely stayed out of the media. Missing over 3 weeks and clothes left around the scene of his car crash. Why I’m mentioning it, his clothes were put in bin bags and unfortunately they have gone missing, feared to be taken by the bin man. It really isn’t good from an investigation point of view.

We have in a disappearance in the UK that has similar characteristics to Jason’s disappearance, although details/ circumstances of his disappearance has largely stayed out of the media. Missing over 3 weeks and clothes left around the scene of his car crash. Why I’m mentioning it, his clothes were put in bin bags and unfortunately they have gone missing, feared to be taken by the bin man. It really isn’t good from an investigation point of view.
The initial investigation on the Landry case was pitiful- how does law enforcement see a man's clothes strewn over the ground, his car looks like it has been in an accident, and yet they don't collect the clothes? the other thing that bothers me is why they didn't test the DNA--they made assumptions, acted on those assumptions and now we will never know what reallly happened to this young man. He is probably deceased, but how he got that way will not be known.

Who is the Bin Man?

Is there a thread for Bryan Haynes the man who killed the two teenagers 6 months before Jason Landry went missing?
I didn't find one but I did find this these mentions of his name (just the one):

I didn't find one but I did find this these mentions of his name (just the one):

Thank you for your help @Gemmie

Tonight will be 3 years ago that Jason Landry was seen.
I can't imagine what this is emotionally and physically doing to his parents and his siblings. I also can not believe that nothing has turned up in the searching that has been done. Where are you Jason Landry? What a sad day

No, not November 13, my apologies! 3 years will be on DECEMBER 13 2023
Tonight will be 3 years ago that Jason Landry was seen.
I can't imagine what this is emotionally and physically doing to his parents and his siblings. I also can not believe that nothing has turned up in the searching that has been done. Where are you Jason Landry? What a sad day

The human brain is a very complex organ. When I read of Dr. Mohandlie's testimony about how cannabis may have affected this woman to lose touch with reality and trigger voices in her head, I thought of two young college men here with unexplained deaths -- missing/presumed deceased Jason Landry and Jelani Day. I hope their families can enjoy a bit of peace this holiday season. They are not forgotten. MOO

12/5/23

That fateful night her brain was completely overtaken by extreme psychosis — induced by potent marijuana that had been supplied by her boyfriend, he said.

In testimony from Spejcher herself, the healthcare professional said she'd smoked weed only a few times before, and had 'never been high'.

Her attack was launched because she had 'lost touch with reality', as the cannabis had triggered 'voices in her head'.

Dr Mohandie warned people with 'no prior history of violence can consume cannabis, even during one session, and then proceed to commit acts of physical violence to themselves and to others'.

Does anyone know if LE was able to secure a warrant for geofencing the area?
All I found was this:

OAG’s Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit has conducted a thorough review of all previously known credible information, interviewed multiple witnesses, consulted with experts in digital forensics and accident reconstruction, and obtained a geofence search warrant near the area where Mr. Landry’s vehicle was found.

Maybe someone else knows more.

Does anyone know if LE was able to secure a warrant for geofencing the area?
Yes and it yielded no results.

The OAG’s Office supports the Caldwell County law enforcement findings that Jason was involved in a single-car accident, and there is no evidence to suggest another vehicle was involved. The geofence search warrant yielded no activity near the crash site and maintained that “there is no evidence that a crime has been committed.”

There also appears to be a new short interview with Kent at the link below. Kent looks so sad and tired to me. It's very sad. Also:

“In November 2023, the OAG Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit hosted an extensive roundtable case review of the Landry investigation alongside experts in digital forensics, geospatial sciences, data mapping, criminal intelligence, and other relevant fields from agencies including the FBI, the Texas Rangers and Department of Public Safety, Texas Search and Rescue, the Caldwell County District Attorney’s Office, and the Travis County Constable’s Office (Precinct 3). The panel thoroughly examined all parts of the case and concluded that all credible leads and investigative steps have been thoroughly pursued up to this point. The Texas OAG’s Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit considers this matter to be an ongoing and active investigation and encourages anyone with credible information about the case to contact the Unit at https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/coldcasetips.”

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Texas Office of the Attorney General released an update Wednesday on its investigation into the December 2020 disappearance of Texas State University student Jason Landry. The OAG’s Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit launched an investigation in February, at the request of the Caldwell County District Attorney’s Office and the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office.

The OAG’s update Wednesday reaffirmed conclusions released by the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office that Landry was involved in a single-vehicle accident, and it doesn’t appear that any other car was in the area or he was expecting to meet up with anyone at the time of his disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back