DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have pasted below the new story from yesterdays edition of the Lubbock AJ:
Story last updated at 7:41 a.m. Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Investigators closer to solving year-long disappearance
BY JASON WOMACK
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

A year after Jennifer Wilkerson disappeared from her south Lubbock County home, deputies say they are inching closer to resolving the case that has thwarted investigators and devastated her parents.

Although the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office remains tight-lipped about the details of the investigation, officials have identified but would not name "persons of interest" in the case.

"When Jennifer disappeared, mistakes were made," Greg Parrott with the Sheriff's Office said. "Crime cannot occur in a vacuum. We are very close to exploiting those mistakes made by the individual or individuals responsible for her disappearance."

Wilkerson, 27, vanished from her home a year ago today, leaving behind her keys and her car.

Wilkerson

Her home remained undisturbed, as if she walked away voluntarily.

Since that day, the Sheriff's Office and volunteer organizations have conducted four large-scale searches - three in Lubbock and a fourth in New Mexico - to no avail.

While Parrott acknowledges Wilkerson may have left on her own accord, he does not believe it.

"Based on our information, we feel like Jennifer may have met with foul play," he said.

Jennifer's parents, Jack and Vikki Wilkerson of Hobbs, N.M., said they will hope for Jennifer's safe return until they know the facts.

Jennifer Lynn Wilkersonn Was last seen July 13, 2004, in the 2400 block of 118th Street.

She was wearing a red halter top, denim capri pants and black flip-flops.

Wilkerson is a slim 5 feet, 5 inches tall with short brown and red hair and blue eyes.

She has tattoos on her shoulder, right wrist, right ankle and her stomach.

Anyone with information concerning Wilkerson's disappearance should contact the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office at 775-1601.

"Until somebody can give me some evidence," Jack Wilkerson said, "I have to keep an open mind."

Since her daughter's disappearance, Vikki Wilkerson hasn't slept well. When she does, Jennifer will occasionally visit her in dreams.

"Every time, I'm hugging her and everything is OK," she said.

A year later, grief still flows over the Wilkersons in waves.

"One day you just feel great," Vikki Wilkerson said. "The next you think 'what the hell happened.' "

Jack Wilkerson pauses for a moment as his wife dabs the tears from her eyes.

"There's no consistency in life anymore," he said. "Sometimes you just feel like you put your life in neutral."

The Wilkersons will not go to work this week. They plan to spend their time at home.

They never know what the next day will bring, but they will try to remember happy things.

Vikki Wilkerson encouraged those who know her daughter to do the same.

"I'd like for everybody to take some time to celebrate her," she said. "(Jennifer) will be here with us that way."

She lights a candle for her daughter every night - a ritual she will continue until Jennifer is found.

"I have to build my world where she is OK," she said.

She pulls one of several pictures of her daughter from her purse.

Jennifer is wearing a string of beads around her neck. At the center of the necklace is a small mustard seed.

It is one of her favorite things, her mother says as she struggles to recall the Bible verse: "If you have faith as a mustard seed ... nothing will be impossible for you."

The Wilkersons will keep their faith that Jennifer will be found.

"I know the people responsible for Jen's disappearance think they got away with something," Vikki Wilkerson said. "But they haven't. They're being watched."

Parrott also issued a warning.

"We know of several individuals that know what happened to Jennifer," he said. "These people need to come forward before they themselves are implicated."

An update from the family website:

"July 13, 2005
A NOTE FROM JENNIFER'S DAD:
Today makes one year since I received a call from Jen's roommate wanting to know if she were in Hobbs, or if we had heard from her. This is an anniversary we had hoped and prayed not to see, and are hopeful that there will be no more.

While there are still leads coming in and being investigated, there is nothing new or concrete that we can report at this time. We spent yesterday going through and organizing her things, and watching videos of her.

Her Mother found a quote Jen kept next to her computer I think says much about the type of person Jen is: "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened." In that spirit, we ask that all of you who know her, take some time to remember a special moment of memory you had with her, and reflect on that.

Once again, we want to let each of you know how much the love and support we have received has meant to us. "

Jennifer's story is featured today on the Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog.

We don't often hear from the father of a missing daughter, but Jack Wilkerson lets us in to his heart and soul for this story.

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Be sure to help out the families of the missing by telling others about the blog. This is just another way we can reach out and let the faces of the missing be seen. We welcome appropriate website links. Other ideas are posting the blog link on other forums you frequent, and sending it out to your friends and family via email.

Thank you for helping us to help others.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Today's Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog entry takes you behind the scenes to the women who search tirelessly for Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson.

Link to Blog Story

Thank you.

Kelly

lostfaith said:
This article mentions Jennifer and Joanna Rogerss, just thought I would post it. Dont know how it will turn out, and dont know what I am wishing for. Wishing both are still alive, but knowing would at least be something.

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1199

LF, there seems to be a problem with direct linking to stories at that site.
Here is a snip:

Human Remains Found In Yellowhouse Canyon

Officials say two men were driving through the area just after 4 p.m. Thursday when one of them received a call on his cell phone. The other man got out of the car to give him some privacy. While walking through the area, the man came upon a human skull.

The Lubbock County Medical Examiner removed the remains and is now waiting for an anthropologist to examine the decomposed skull.
http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=1199

or go to the home page, http://www.kamc28.tv/ and look for the headline.

Thank you, Mysteriew! I am glad you caught that and reposted!

lostfaith said:
Thank you, Mysteriew! I am glad you caught that and reposted!

LOL, I didn't want to step on any toes, but it was an important article! :D

There's an update on Joanna Rogers' website:

UPDATE - Friday, December 30th - Skeletal remains were found late yesterday in a rugged area just southeast of Lubbock. It appears that the remains are those of a deceased male and, thus, not of either Joanna or Jennifer Wilkerson. We have no further information regarding the discovery at this time. You can read local press accounts here.

www.bringjohome.info

Deputies Find Hand In Yellowhouse Canyon

Lubbock County sheriff`s officials found a human hand in the area of Yellowhouse Canyon where other remains were found last week.
Last Thursday, two passers-by found a human skull off of FM 835 near the Slaton Highway. Then on Friday, sheriff`s officials found what they believe to be the remains from the rest of the body, lying about 10 feet away from where the skull was found.

"We need to know cause of death," says Lubbock County Sheriff David Gutierrez. "We need to know if (this person`s) death was at the scene, or if it was somewhere else. There`s a lot of information that we have not found yet."

Many questions remain unanswered in the case of human remains found in Yellowhouse Canyon last week. But Tuesday, officials got one more clue: a human hand found at the scene.

"We`re always looking and I think they found some additional items from the body, but there is still no conclusion from the autopsy," says Sheriff Gutierrez.

The medical examiner`s office started that autopsy on Saturday. Now, they`re waiting for an anthropologist to help examine the bones. They expect to have preliminary results before the end of the week.

In the meantime, officials are looking at every piece of evidence found at the scene for clues about the victim`s identity.

"There was one piece of clothing that is primarily worn by males, but in this day and age, you never know," says Gutierrez. "Male and females wear sometimes the same clothing."

"The clothing will give a lot of information about whether it`s an adult or child," says Corporal John Gonzalez, with the Texas Department of Public Safety. "Hopefully (that piece of evidence) is still intact."

Something else officials say might help them solve this case is DPS` state-wide Missing Person`s Database. Corporal Gonzalez says aside from looking into the 2004 disappearances of Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson, two Lubbock County women missing since 2004, they`re also searching the state`s records for other cases.

"We hold that information and dispurse it out to other agencies so that way, people will be on the lookout," he says.

"I know the investigative division has already pulled up some names that had been reported missing over the last three or four years and are looking at those," says Gutierrez.

The sheriff`s office is treating the area where the bones were found as a crime scene. The area will be secured until the autopsy is complete.

A note from Joanna's family:

"Just a quick note to let you know that the Nancy Grace Show has contacted us and wants to do another segment on Joanna and Jennifer Wilkerson. Plans are to tape the show tomorrow afternoon (Friday 1/06/06) and it is scheduled to air the same day, on Friday evening 01/06/06.

The Nancy Grace Show is on CNN Headline News channel, in our area known as HNN, and typically comes on at 7:00 pm, 9:00 pm and midnight. This will be the second time Nancy has devoted time on her show to Joanna's case, and we are very grateful for her help in trying to Bring Joanna Home.

Kathy and Joe Bill Rogers
www.bringjohome.info
www.joannarogers.com"

The Wilkersons are going to be on the show this time, too. I am pleased for them to finally get this opportunity for Jennifer.

Two local missing persons` cases received national attention Friday night.
CNN`s "The Nancy Grace Show" featured the disappearances of Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson on her program.

The hour-long show explored the possible connection between these cases and the murder of Summer Baldwin, a Lubbock woman whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase at the Lubbock landfill.
http://www.kamc28.tv/
This news site doesn't work well directly linking to the articles. But you can go to the main page and look for the headline.

Skeletal Remains Found in Kent County

Investigators are trying to identify a new set of skeletal remains. Kent County sheriff's deputies made the discovery in the northeast portion of Kent County on Friday. A tip given last Monday led them to the site. The remains are believed to be female and are now in custody of the Lubbock County Medical Examiner's Office. Both Kent County Sheriff's Department and the Texas Rangers are investigating.

There are currently no missing persons cases in Kent County. However there are still two outstanding missing person cases in Lubbock. Both Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson have been missing since the summer of 2004. Again, the remains have yet to be identified.

Stay tuned to NewsChannel 11 at kcbd.com for the latest on this developing news story

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=4367924&nav=3w6y

They said on the news last night that they were done with the property. They didn't say if they came up with anything concrete. The area they searched was less than 3 miles from our house.:eek: It is so scary to think that there are people out there that do horrible things to other people. I am still praying that Jennifer and Joanna both come home safely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back