TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I won't pass judgment on anything they say. Looking at what these two just did, mere days ago, and then seeing them in person... I can't imagine the agony this family is going through.
I agree. They are reacting to the death of a child and are wishing the same pain on the alleged killer. At some point they will let go of that painful hatred and move. At least I hope so. Otherwise their lives will be miserable.

They asked her for directions, and I think they preyed on her helpful, friendly nature. I think they asked her to show them how to get to place A, and that's why she went. Just my speculation only.

I remember being 12, you want to be "grown up", but you are treated like a child all of the time. It is such a frustrating age. I have no doubt that the killers, flattered the victim, making her feel more "grown up". Asking her to go walk with them, flirting with her.

Things like this happen all of the time. And 99.9% of the time, it is fun, maybe a few kisses. Everyone goes home. Safe and sound. Except in this tragic case. Things went too far, and escalated. I wonder if the guys were on drugs, or drunk...

So I read on the local Houston news that a 7-11 employee was leaving his shift and spotted JN hiding behind the store dumpster at 11:30 pm. He stated she was a frequent visitor of the store and he thought nothing of it. She entered the store some time later then left alone and came back with the two creeps into the same store at 12:58 a.m. then left with them on foot.
I am so deeply troubled by so many aspects of this case.

I won't pass judgment on anything they say. Looking at what these two just did, mere days ago, and then seeing them in person... I can't imagine the agony this family is going through.
I want these “men” to get a very fair and dignified trial. Then I want them to pay the ultimate price. I wish the family of the victim great strength and resolve to see this trial through.

Just doing a drive-by here, so forgive me if this has already been addressed regarding felonies of kidnapping or sexual assault, etc.

It is my understanding that in Texas if the murder victim is under 15, that IS the felony (or aggravated circumstance) that qualifies pursuit of the DP. (IOW .. there is no other felony of kidnapping or SA, etc required to justify pursuing the DP ??).

from: What Crimes Are Eligible for the Death Penalty in Texas?.

In Texas, capital murder is the only felony that is eligible for the death penalty.​

Section 19.03 of the Texas Penal Code describes some instances that may be classified as capital murder such as:

• The murder of a police officer or fireman while acting in an official capacity
  • Intentionally taking a life in the course of another felony such as kidnapping, burglary or aggravated sexual assault
  • Murder for hire
  • Murder committed during a prison escape
  • Any killing by an offender who is serving a life sentence
  • The murder of a child less than 15 years of age
[...]

Just doing a drive-by here, so forgive me if this has already been addressed regarding felonies of kidnapping or sexual assault, etc.

It is my understanding that in Texas if the murder victim is under 15, that IS the felony (or aggravated circumstance) that qualifies pursuit of the DP. (IOW .. there is no other felony of kidnapping or SA, etc required to justify pursuing the DP ??).

from: What Crimes Are Eligible for the Death Penalty in Texas?.
Thank you, @Sillybilly , I tried looking up information about relevant laws yesterday and came up empty.

I was surprised to read that one of them was already allegedly turning on the other.

I suppose what they say about rats and sinking ships is true.
Turning on each other has proven in the past to be an effective way to get charges reduced unless the prosecution can conclusively prove every detail of the events that took place.

I remember being 12, you want to be "grown up", but you are treated like a child all of the time. It is such a frustrating age. I have no doubt that the killers, flattered the victim, making her feel more "grown up". Asking her to go walk with them, flirting with her.

Things like this happen all of the time. And 99.9% of the time, it is fun, maybe a few kisses. Everyone goes home. Safe and sound. Except in this tragic case. Things went too far, and escalated. I wonder if the guys were on drugs, or drunk...
Except even a few kisses in this situation wouldn't be okay. These were grown men. But I do get what you're saying, if they were age appropriate.

Turning on each other has prove in the past to be an effective way to get charges reduced unless the prosecution can conclusively prove every detail of the events that took place.
Probably would only get charges reduced for one, if either. The one who didn't speak first, is probably getting the needle. moo

Jocelyn fought back with her dying breaths, inflicting bite and scratch marks on the vermin who raped and strangled her.

Jocelyn Nungaray, 12, fought back with her dying breaths — leaving bite and scratch marks on illegal migrant: prosecutors
Yes, it sounded to me as if those marks were part of the reason that at least one was arrested.

This angers me so much. What made them believe they had the right to do that to anyone, let alone a 12 year-old girl? I do hope that if they get the ultimate punishment that it doesn't take so long to carry out. 20 years is too long. moo

"Jocelyn Nungaray's family

hear how she fought with her dying breath

as migrants raped her.

:(

Assistant District Attorney Megan Long
and lead prosecutor said in court that
Pena Ramos told cops he reportedly tried to convince Rangel Martinez to stop,
but he allegedly refused
and climbed on top of Jocelyn and strangled her.

She also said
that Rangel Martinez reportedly said to his accomplice that he had to

'finish what he started,'

as he covered the young girl's mouth during the brutal attack.

Jocelyn's grief-stricken mother, Alexis appeared in court overcome with grief.

She called the two men,
who took her daughter from her, 'monsters.'

'She was amazing,
I still see her face in the back of my head every day, all day,'
Alexis said.

'I keep getting little signs about her throughout the days and it's been a very, very hard time for me and my family'.

'She had such a bright future ahead of her
and I knew she was gonna go very far
and these monsters took that opportunity from her,
from our family'."

I don't think it is ok for men in their 20s to be flirting with, let alone kissing, a 12 year old girl, ever.

I’m all for due process but I feel like it has become so difficult to persecute clear criminals who already have a documented history of illegal activity. In every case like this that I’ve heard about, there is a long list of crimes these monsters have committed and they just keep getting set loose until they inevitably escalate into doing something this heinous. Why do we keep giving people like this opportunities to continue doing the terrible things they’ve already proven they are capable of and willing to do? At some point there needs to be accountability and these people need to be prevented from even having the chance to do this stuff. I know this is a complex issue and I don’t have the perfect solutions but my god enough is enough. The justice system makes it so easy and I just don’t understand it.

I am guessing that is why the perp said she was tied up AFTER being strangled. Now the DA has to prove she was restrained prior to death in order for the death penalty to stick. So they wait for test results. Eventually, the death penalty will be charged, in my opinion
I thought in the Delphi IN case it was considered kidnapping that the guy told the girls to go “down the hill.” Would the same not be true for them saying “come over here under this bridge”? In other words even if they didn’t bind her to get her there why isn’t it still kidnap?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back