TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After having transcribed the short probable cause hearing today I realized that it was not just the poor and shoddy reporting that phone calls were labeled as "threatening"..
The D.A.'s office stated that when Angela was on her way home "that she received a mysterious phone call from her residence with a woman making 'threatening' remarks towards her son{JF}"..

This is what makes me so angry. If LE admits that there were threatening phone calls made to the mother from inside her own house about JF just prior to her discovery of his disappearance, why on earth didn't they suspect foul play immediately and begin canvassing the neighborhood? Without the phone calls, I can see why LE hesitated. But if AD told them about the phone calls, there is no excuse for not taking this seriously!! The calls indicate a threat to a child by an unidentified adult who is inside the home of a child who is supposed to be home alone. There are horror films based on this type of scenario!!!

I can't help but wonder that if the call had come in from one of Houston's more affluent suburbs, LE would have responded more quickly.

It happened at roughly 2... the locals gathered 4 hours later... The family suspected foul play immediately... it was that big of an ordeal even M showed up. RUNAWAY?

After having transcribed the short probable cause hearing today I realized that it was not just the poor and shoddy reporting that phone calls were labeled as "threatening"..
The D.A.'s office stated that when Angela was on her way home "that she received a mysterious phone call from her residence with a woman making 'threatening' remarks towards her son{JF}"..

This is what makes me so angry. If LE admits that there were threatening phone calls made to the mother from inside her own house about JF just prior to her discovery of his disappearance, why on earth didn't they suspect foul play immediately and begin canvassing the neighborhood? Without the phone calls, I can see why LE hesitated. But if AD told them about the phone calls, there is no excuse for not taking this seriously!! The calls indicate a threat to a child by an unidentified adult who is inside the home of a child who is supposed to be home alone. There are horror films based on this type of scenario!!!

I can't help but wonder that if the call had come in from one of Houston's more affluent suburbs, LE would have responded more quickly.

Your probably right about the suburbs... I never heard about that threatening call.

It happened at roughly 2... the locals gathered 4 hours later... The family suspected foul play immediately... it was that big of an ordeal even M showed up. RUNAWAY?

please have a look at the link in my signature.Ali is missing from my neighborhood in Houston since April.She was considered a "runaway" for months.I believe precious time was wasted to find out what actually happened to her.Sorry OT.

I worked in several hotels in Houston and have to call 911 frequently.
The hotel I worked at in Greenspoint (which is not considered a good neighborhood) had a police station right across from it yet it took police anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours to respond.
I now work in the Woodlands,which is an affluent neighborhood and the response time here is incredible.They are here within minutes.

You are looking for the same video interview that I am. I am so glad that you saw that video also.
I meant to quote from the video where AD describes the mysterious phone calls.

One thing that keeps coming back to me: At the presser the police said they have not yet checked the phone records to verifiy the stories about the phone calls at work.

I understand the family are victims and in no way mean to imply otherwise.

But it's very strange to me, the phone call stories. It reminds me of the ransom note in the JonBenet case -- in that it seems to be something giving the appearance of a ransom-demand kidnapping that's not followed through. And stands there inexplicable.

I also can't for the life of me believe that if a child called someone's job and said it was an emergency, the job wouldn't rush to get the employee while keeping the child on the line -- for liability reasons if compassionate ones are not to be found in someone's cold heart. I can't imagine they'd allow the child to hang up. Also, if this is the case, someone at the job should be able to verify the call.

AND if this happened and you called back and a stranger answered and the line went dead, wouldn't you call 911? It's also very strange that the calls weren't made to AD's cell -- since the first call was supposed to be from JF (?)

Another thing that bothers me is the story about JF not wearing a shirt - we only know that MN said that, I believe, based on what AD and DD tell us. If she was sending them a message, the first thing I thought of is trafficking him to a pedophile -- I mean it's perfectly normal not to wear a shirt, Christmas Eve day was warm -- but the mention of it, the suggestion that because he didn't have a shirt on someone was there with him -- it creeps me out. If MN actually said it.

Part of the reason the body could have been burned was to hide sexual abuse. Poor darling JF, little angel. He was so beautiful, just the kind of child one would be able to turn a huge profit on by selling to a pedophile.

And of course Mona could have acted alone on this. But I wonder if there was a possibility she was procuring him for the more conventional male pedophile client. I just do not belive she acted alone.

(BBM)
Quick question that Ive been wanting to know the answer to for a couple days now..

Do we know for sure that the cordless phone was indeed TAKEN/STOLEN from the duplex?

I know that we heard several mention this early in the case at one point early in Harris said print interview that cordless phone was missing..but then we have not heard anymore about it missing..and certainly when Angela spoke about what was missing from the home she stated "that the ONLY THINGS MISSING FROM THE RESIDENCE WAS GUITAR SHIRT, SNEAKERS, AND THE STUFFED TOY THAT WAS GIVEN BY HER GRANDMOTHER..

NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE CORDLESS PHONE..So, do we know for sure that the cordless phone is for A fact actually missing from the residence..

TIA to anyone who knows :)

I'd also like to add a thought regarding the cordless phone. Other than taking the phone because it may have had incriminating fingerprints on it, an additional reason for someone getting rid of the phone could be because it was a cordless phone w/the caller ID built into the phone itself and someone didn't want the latest call records, incoming or outgoing, seen...of course we know that LE would be able to get the phone records at some point...just a thought ~

I've been following this since I found out JF was missing. My thoughts about the phone is that JF took it with him to call his mom. I think that after his mom called on her cell phone the first time, he might have pressed redial and she heard was MN was saying to him in her truck within a certain range of the cottage.

There was an article linked in thread #3 regarding the decision not to put out an Amber Alert and it did imply that the department would be overwhelmed with information that might not be helpful. While the article linked has changed, Reannan did snip a portion and post about it:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #3

I agree that it would not have saved Jonathan from MN.

MOO :twocents:

It's tragic that they didn't put out an amber alert immediately. It's also tragic that AD didn't call the police immediately after the mysterious phone call. In hindsight it's easy to see what the po should have done.

But I can understand why they made the decision they did -- in that if too many amber alerts go out that are unnecessary people stop paying attention to them. I'm frustrated the responding officers didn't send out the alert, but I also feel bad for them. They were given a very confusing conflicting story. I hope they can forgive themselves, because it was not a clear cut situation.

I've been following this since I found out JF was missing. My thoughts about the phone is that JF took it with him to call his mom. I think that after his mom called on her cell phone the first time, he might have pressed redial and she heard was MN was saying to him in her truck within a certain range of the cottage.

BUt according to mom's story she thought JF had just 'run off.' She didn't call the cops for over an hour.

I can see why you'd posit the above, it makes sense. But not with her actions.

When all the details come out from LE, I really want to know about the phone calls and stepdad's 1:45 check on Jonathan.

Has anyone else wondered if maybe Mona was in the house already when DD checked on Jonathan at 1:45? I guess her truck was seen there though so he would remember that. But maybe he is the witness. I wish LE would release what his activities after that time were. Just a guess by me, but maybe he was heading to work and wanted to check on Jonathan before he left.

I've wondered if she was in the house when DD checked in at 1:45. I also wonder if he saw her, and thought it was normal for her to be there. From the stories of her visits to AD and DD prior JF's going missing, I really get the feeling there was some familiarity even if they hadn't formally 'met' previously. You know, like you have a neighbor and you haven't been introduced, you're unsure of their full name, but you nod at them when they walk by, you know their routine.

OH my gosh, this is my third try for replying to you:) The first try went nowhere for some reason and the second try, my cat stepped on the keyboard! ugh :)

Anyway, I just wanted to put out there another reason why the cordless phone might have been missing and tie to the threatening calls. I wasn't speaking about AD's actions at all. I think MAYBE that JF was able to sneak the phone with him and maybe he pressed redial and recorded her threats to him in the truck. As soon as the signal got weak, the threats/phone call would have faded out to nothing :(

How do we know if when the reporters that were on Oak Street, talking to neighbors, witness one was not MN and gave bad information?

I worked in several hotels in Houston and have to call 911 frequently.
The hotel I worked at in Greenspoint (which is not considered a good neighborhood) had a police station right across from it yet it took police anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours to respond.
I now work in the Woodlands,which is an affluent neighborhood and the response time here is incredible.They are here within minutes.

The Woodland's police department is handled by Montgomery County, not Harris County or HPD.

Greenspoint is handled by Harris County / HPD.

As such, I could see why there response time would be much quicker.

http://www.thewoodlandstx.com/police/

260xStory.jpg

Rest in peace, sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads