TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up....I read upthread that police do not have all of the phone records yet. If they do not have the phone records, then how can they without a doubt say they have their one and only suspect?

It will be interesting to see if any of the witnesses who saw Mona that day thought she was in a drunken stupor.

I tend to shy away from believing a murder defendant who immediately says they were drunk or high. To me it is said to negate what they have done and used as a convenience.

IMO, no one can get that drunk off of Vodka that it makes them take out a welding torch and burn a child to death.

It has been reported that Mona had been acquainted with Jonathan and his family about two weeks prior to him being murdered. So why would she want to murder him of all people? If her beef was with E then why not wait for her to return?

I think she lured Jonathan away from his home with the intent to murder him. She probably told him some story and Jonathan trusted her and went with her willingly. That makes this crime even worse if possible.

It makes no sense to me if she was mad with someone else she would resort to murdering the innocent child. What does make sense is she knew she would have no problem murdering Jonathan because he was a small helpless boy who couldn't fight back.

I think she is a cold evil woman. She knew Jonathan was alone and she took that opportunity.

A lot of serial killers aren't caught for years because many of them are nomadic and once they kill a victim they quickly move on. Or they distance the bodies from where they live. However serial killers do keep evidence in their possession and once caught often times police finds items and evidence that belonged to the victims inside the perpetrators home. Serial killers become very cocky and self assured they will not get caught.

So Mona still having evidence in her home doesn't convince me that she hasn't done other horrid crimes before. She could be just like others who had killed before and never got caught until years later when they finally mess up and get caught.

And who knows without the surveillance tape she may not have been caught this time either.

IMO

The home was a frequent stop for Nelson, who also was friends with Ennamorato.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7362771.html

hmmm, seems like Mona was there quite a bit.

Trying to do a little catchup reading this morning but I have a couple of questions that I am not sure have been answered yet.
Regarding the "mysterious phone calls":

1) If MN was friends with SE, why was she supposedly trying to get SE's phone number? Did I read this wrong somehow? Is it that she was trying to get her work phone number?
Okay, so I am thinking that JF was alone in the apartment he and his mom shared with SE. So, wouldn't the phone number of SE and AD (at least their home phones) be the same?

Regarding SE:

2) Has it been reported where she works? Is it in the same place of employment where AD works?

Sorry if these have been answered already.

Do we know what time the hearing is today and if it will be streamed live anywhere? TIA.

SuziQ,

I emailed 2click the other day to ask if they could post a audio recording of MN voice. I got a reply that stated, "I will be in court for her first appearance on Monday. If the Judge let's our camera in the courtroom, we will likely have something on camera from her."

So I guess it depends on if the Judge allows camera in the court room

Trying to do a little catchup reading this morning but I have a couple of questions that I am not sure have been answered yet.
Regarding the "mysterious phone calls":

1) If MN was friends with SE, why was she supposedly trying to get SE's phone number? Did I read this wrong somehow? Is it that she was trying to get her work phone number?
Okay, so I am thinking that JF was alone in the apartment he and his mom shared with SE. So, wouldn't the phone number of SE and AD (at least their home phones) be the same?

Regarding SE:

2) Has it been reported where she works? Is it in the same place of employment where AD works?

Sorry if these have been answered already.
Here is my take on it:

MN goes to the house, knocks on the door, and told JF she was there to fix something that SE wanted. MN said "Call SE and she will tell you just open the door" JF opens the door and calls his Mom and ask for SE phone number....after that...the horror started.

SuziQ,

I emailed 2click the other day to ask if they could post a audio recording of MN voice. I got a reply that stated, "I will be in court for her first appearance on Monday. If the Judge let's our camera in the courtroom, we will likely have something on camera from her."

So I guess it depends on if the Judge allows camera in the court room

Thanks! It will be a busy day. MN hearing. Anthony hearing 1:30PM EST. And Kristi Cornwell Presser at 2PM EST.

Thanks! It will be a busy day. MN hearing. Anthony hearing 1:30PM EST. And Kristi Cornwell Presser at 2PM EST.

I haven't even looked at the Cornwell case, is that really long to even start? lol

The fact that Jonathan was allowed to take the stuffed cat, plus the "Is your mother's name Angela/Yes ma'am my mother's name is Angela" says to me that MN lured him out and that he walked out of that house thinking that Mona was going to take him somewhere that he and his mom and maybe the roommate were going to meet up. IMO, he grabbed the toy on his way out the door (though where was that toy the last time AD saw it?). IMO MN locked the door behind them as they were leaving.

When I read your post I cant help but think of Jessica Lunsford when Couey let her take her favorite stuffed animal.

imo

Thanks Suzi.

Do you think LE is going to announce that the body found is Kristi's?

IMO

Thanks Suzi.

Do you think LE is going to announce that the body found is Kristi's?

IMO

IMO, I think it's a good possibility. I think LE is waiting on dental confirmation this morning.

I had the impression the first time homicide detectives spoke with MN was when they showed up at her residence. They went there because they had information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 pm the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say according to the Captain who spoke at the pressor. While they were at MN's, they received a photo of the truck and recognized it as Mona's. Although the Captain added, "She was at the apartment complex the same day Jonathan disappeared by her own admittance and other people in the apartment complex said they saw here there", he didn't say when MN admitted she was there, therefore it is possible MN only admitted she was at SE's when LE showed up at her residence to find out what she knew. JMO

snipped from pressor

"A couple of those guys were looking for this woman named Mona at that time because there was information, not because she was a suspect at that point in time, but there was information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 on the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say. While they were out at that location they got a picture of the truck, they noticed that Mona was driving a truck that was remarkably similar".

wait ,now I'm confused again,the apartment complex where DD lives?
was she at the cottage close to the apartment complex talking to Jonathan AND at the apartment complex ?

After having transcribed the short probable cause hearing today I realized that it was not just the poor and shoddy reporting that phone calls were labeled as "threatening"..
The D.A.'s office stated that when Angela was on her way home "that she received a mysterious phone call from her residence with a woman making 'threatening' remarks towards her son{JF}"..

This is what makes me so angry. If LE admits that there were threatening phone calls made to the mother from inside her own house about JF just prior to her discovery of his disappearance, why on earth didn't they suspect foul play immediately and begin canvassing the neighborhood? Without the phone calls, I can see why LE hesitated. But if AD told them about the phone calls, there is no excuse for not taking this seriously!! The calls indicate a threat to a child by an unidentified adult who is inside the home of a child who is supposed to be home alone. There are horror films based on this type of scenario!!!

I can't help but wonder that if the call had come in from one of Houston's more affluent suburbs, LE would have responded more quickly.

I suspect it would have, especially a child of 12 disappearing on Christmas eve. Of all days of the year for a child to disappear voluntarily it is that day.

Even if they didn't think it was an abduction, surely surely at the least they should have thought he went out and got locked in somewhere, perhaps a shed, fell off something and was to injured to go for help, all sorts of non crime but equally important reasons to work hard and fast to find a child. There should have been a big search that night and since obviously its short staffed then let the public join the search too.

If there is one thing that I am absolutely furious about with LE, it is the 3 days of having it handled by juvenile detectives aka runaway rather than as abduction (if threats were told and i see no reason why not). Whether they believed it or not doesn't mean that a full scale search right that day wasn't important.

Yes I think a child from a wealthy or even well educated background (i.e family who is able to handle LE etc with no checkered history) would have had a whole different response with a missing child christmas eve.

Of all days kids don't runaway!!!!!

We know now they couldn't have saved him but that is not the criteria for searching hard and early. Holidays only make it more likely something seriously bad happened, accident or foul play.

ETA. That whole area should have been ablaze with lights and searchers, the apartment complexes and the streets on Christmas Eve. Media would have had it as front page headlines locally for sure and probably nationally as it is a slow news time by the 25th. And i will repeat, it doesn't matter what they believed about the parents, i cannot think of one scenario that justifies not going all out that evening.

They did a magnificent job once the video fell into their laps after the body was found. The first three days? not so sure. Hope some cops in juvenile division are feeling very sad about their response

2 click houston needs to get live streaming up on their site. I mean that is almost a standard basic thing now for news websites.

I suspect it would have, especially a child of 12 disappearing on Christmas eve. Of all days of the year for a child to disappear voluntarily it is that day.

Even if they didn't think it was an abduction, surely surely at the least they should have thought he went out and got locked in somewhere, perhaps a shed, fell off something and was to injured to go for help, all sorts of non crime but equally important reasons to work hard and fast to find a child. There should have been a big search that night and since obviously its short staffed then let the public join the search too.

If there is one thing that I am absolutely furious about with LE, it is the 3 days of having it handled by juvenile detectives aka runaway rather than as abduction (if threats were told and i see no reason why not). Whether they believed it or not doesn't mean that a full scale search right that day wasn't important.

Yes I think a child from a wealthy or even well educated background (i.e family who is able to handle LE etc with no checkered history) would have had a whole different response with a missing child christmas eve.

Of all days kids don't runaway!!!!!

We know now they couldn't have saved him but that is not the criteria for searching hard and early. Holidays only make it more likely something seriously bad happened, accident or foul play.

ETA. That whole area should have been ablaze with lights and searchers, the apartment complexes and the streets on Christmas Eve. Media would have had it as front page headlines locally for sure and probably nationally as it is a slow news time by the 25th. And i will repeat, it doesn't matter what they believed about the parents, i cannot think of one scenario that justifies not going all out that evening.

They did a magnificent job once the video fell into their laps after the body was found. The first three days? not so sure. Hope some cops in juvenile division are feeling very sad about their response

This is exactly why I don't think AD made it immediately known that she heard someone threatening JF over the phone. IMO, there is no way that ANY competent LE would brush this off as a possible runaway situation had she IMMEDIATELY been forthcoming with the fact that the last thing she heard was someone threatening her child. I would like to know when this information came out. I would venture to guess that it finally came out with the Amber Alert was put out.

2 click houston needs to get live streaming up on their site. I mean that is almost a standard basic thing now for news websites.

They have live streaming of their news show, but right now the Today Show is on. They have local news on at 11 CST so maybe we'll see something then if not online sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck