TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From above link, ahhhhh................MN is {stressed out!}:violin:

Cry me a river!

Imagine how Jonathan's family feels, NOT to mention Jonathan who can feel nothing at all!

I believe this Quanell thinks he's doing MN a favor by putting out 'her 'alledged' side' of the story but he's actually making people more skeptical of him.

JMHO
fran

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7363690.html

Quanell X, speaking to reporters afterward, said she seemed "weaker physically and mentally."

"I could tell that she was absolutely stressed out," he said. "This has taken its toll."

MOST suspects claim innocence.

Having said that, IMHO, people need to take anything that comes out of this Quanell or MN's statements, with a grain of salt. EVERYTHING she's said is 'self-serving'

People just find it hard to believe that this woman killed this child for her own selfish reasons. There has to be more to it,..... yadda, yadda, yadda......

I think LE got it right. After all, they were there and know MUCH more than the general public.

LE said she did it for 'her own selfish reasons,' or something like that. UNTIL we hear otherwise in court, etc., that's about all we REALLY have.

JMHO
fran

Cry me a river!

Imagine how Jonathan's family feels, NOT to mention Jonathan who can feel nothing at all!

I believe this Quanell thinks he's doing MN a favor by putting out 'her 'alledged' side' of the story but he's actually making people more skeptical of him.

JMHO
fran

Quanell X, speaking to reporters afterward, said she seemed "weaker physically and mentally."

"I could tell that she was absolutely stressed out," he said. "This has taken its toll."

BBM - maybe what happens after a few days without steroids??? MOO

Feeling like this is going to get uglier and uglier as it goes along. By the time this thing goes to trial, it is going to be a media circus, the likes of which we have probable never seen. (Although it is at an all time "ugly level" already) with the manner in which Jonathan was taken and murdered.

Cry me a river!

JMHO
fran

Just quoting this for the news article with what the ADA Connie Spense said.
Harris County Assistant District Attorney Connie Spence said she is "satisfied with the investigation by the Houston Police Department. They did an excellent job."

Still, she said, the investigation is continuing, and she is optimistic a crime lab examination of evidence could develop more evidence.

She said she expects to present Nelson's case to a grand jury in "a couple of months."

Going before the GJ in a couple of months, sounds like a lot more investigating needs to be done. Which is good, I want to feel like everything is gone through with a fine tooth comb, any and all who were involved, will be charged.

Quanell X said he became involved in the case at MN's request. He said MN told him the seemingly incriminating burned carpet at her residence had caught fire months ago. "She had called on her landlord to fix it," he said.

BBM

Scary to think what she was burning "months ago". Hopefully, the landlord could answer the next obvious questions. Did she really tell him about the burned carpet and ask him to fix it "months ago".

Would foresensics experts be able to tell if a carpet had burned fours days ago as opposed to four months ago?

My opinion regarding a "drug debt" is that it is very unlikely. In my experience, (from reading about crime for the better part of my life) people who kill over a drug debt usually will do it home invasion style. They don't normally only go after a child, but the whole family. I've rarely read about a case where they have taken a body out of the home. IOW, they don't just kidnap your child and kill them, generally speaking. Usually, drug crimes involve firearms as well. JMO

I really wish people would stay out of the news speculating on what this case is.

Ouannel X has no idea if this was a drug debt. I am positive that the Houston police do not share their evidence with him.

It is like he is trying to diminish the brutal murder of a little innocent boy.

I don't believe his spiel either that there will be further arrests.

Seems his goal is to deflect the evidence away from Mona Nelson.

imo

Just quoting this for the news article with what the ADA Connie Spense said.
Harris County Assistant District Attorney Connie Spence said she is "satisfied with the investigation by the Houston Police Department. They did an excellent job."

Still, she said, the investigation is continuing, and she is optimistic a crime lab examination of evidence could develop more evidence.

She said she expects to present Nelson's case to a grand jury in "a couple of months."

Going before the GJ in a couple of months, sounds like a lot more investigating needs to be done. Which is good, I want to feel like everything is gone through with a fine tooth comb, any and all who were involved, will be charged.

It shows me LE found a wealth of evidence inside MNs home that must be tested.

She isn't going anywhere anyway so they can take their time.

IMO

Just one thing about this guy, Quannel X. I wonder if she will be advised by her newly appointed attorneys not to be talking to him anymore.

Nothing "hinky" with the 2 attnys - it's a state mandate...and court appointed. Good thing is...according to the statute, they're apparently seeking the DP..as we all assumed they would!

<<snipped>>

(e) The presiding judge of the district court in which a
capital felony case is filed shall appoint two attorneys, at least
one of whom must be qualified under this chapter, to represent an
indigent defendant as soon as practicable after charges are filed,
unless the state gives notice in writing that the state will not
seek the death penalty.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/criminal-procedure/26.052.00.html

IMO, I don't think we're gonna hear much about Mona Nelson from now on. I, myself, have been amazed how most media have stopped reporting on this case already. I guess there's not much to report after LE has basically come out and said it's an open and shut case and no one else was involved. But that's just MOO.

I really wish people would stay out of the news speculating on what this case is.

Ouannel X has no idea if this was a drug debt. I am positive that the Houston police do not share their evidence with him.

It is like he is trying to diminish the brutal murder of a little innocent boy.

I don't believe his spiel either that there will be further arrests.

Seems his goal is to deflect the evidence away from Mona Nelson.

imo

BBM. This is what I thought when he made his initial statement that JF was a victim of his living situation (paraphrasing). He was both minimizing the crime and blaming circumstance (and by extension AD & DD) instead of the person charged with the crime. In any tragedy (accident, crime, natural disaster) there are always "circumstances", and what-if's and so forth. As of today I know of one person who is accused of causing JF's death, therefore he is a victim of that person, and not situations and circumstances. :twocents:

MOST suspects claim innocence.

Having said that, IMHO, people need to take anything that comes out of this Quanell or MN's statements, with a grain of salt. EVERYTHING she's said is 'self-serving'
(respectfully snipped)

JMHO
fran

I'm thinking tablespoons, or even quarter cups of salt, are needed for all of this.

It shows me LE found a wealth of evidence inside MNs home that must be tested.

She isn't going anywhere anyway so they can take their time.

IMO

They have charged her, unless she waives her right to a speedy trial they have 180 days to begin her trial. They really can't take their time until that happens. Normally you see defense ask for an extension to prepare a defense which waives that right, or you see the state hold the defendant on another charge to delay the start of the clock.

Quanell X said he became involved in the case at MN's request. He said MN told him the seemingly incriminating burned carpet at her residence had caught fire months ago. "She had called on her landlord to fix it," he said.

BBM

Scary to think what she was burning "months ago". Hopefully, the landlord could answer the next obvious questions. Did she really tell him about the burned carpet and ask him to fix it "months ago".

Would foresensics experts be able to tell if a carpet had burned fours days ago as opposed to four months ago?

I underlined the question you had because while I can not answer it I would just assume that the more people she is implicating in this they would have to come to trial for testimony. This case of the carpet, I know when I lived in an apartment and made any sort of request for repair it had to be written down. There was no word of mouth. Also, I thought no one has been living in that home she is renting/living in for months. [She lived in back, landlords once upon a time lived in the front.] How is she making requests for repairs with a strawman? OH, and SHE IS THE HANDYMAN, why not fix it yourself??

Q-X is going to make himself look like a fool if he is planning to keep playing this game with her. Has he actually followed the story, at all? Or read about MN's past and her career choice a few months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale