TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I saw those posts, however I am looking for a link for an article that would substantiate the posts of "recovered Jonathan's clothing", not just clothing or speculation of clothing; burning clothing etc. Again, thank you for all the links.

:blushing: Sorry! I don't remember there being any media links regarding JF's clothing, so thought you were hunting for the beginning of the speculation!

And, I agree that the link to thread #3 was about Mona's clothing, which may be why I don't remember any link re: JF's clothing...

Do we have a "clear as mud?" emoticon? I would use it here :crazy:

MOO :twocents:

ahhh....we're thinking along the same line. Maybe mona thought bio-mom and roommate were having a relationship. I'm merely speculating - no proof whatsoever. They certainly could not have had a personal relationship, but Mona thought otherwise, and acted the way she did?

MOO

Mel

That not too far fetched IMO! I held back on a personal opinion that mona swung the other way which is purely my speculation.

Here's the thing. It's not that a "victim" is getting blamed, but if we are EVER going to stop this war on our children, we have got to stop trying so darn hard to be politically correct and stand up and say something when we see it. We have become a nation that condones this crap all because we are afraid to look like we are picking on someone. Enough is enough. JF was put in a bad situation, yes his mom loved him I'm sure...that didn't stop this from happening. We have to have responsibility when it comes to our children. It's not going to change until we force the change, KWIM?

ETA: I'm sure if there were one thing any parent who had lost a child under these circumstances would say, it would be to learn from their mistakes, so this wouldn't happen again.

I totally agree and Jonathan is the victim.He had a wonderful life,on a farm,with other kids and put in this hellhole of a situation.He was left alone and surrounded by lowlifes.If any family members are reading this in a similar situation,do not let those kids go,fight for them,you are probably saving thier lives.

What do y'all think LE means by this:

"Nelson has given what investigators say is a self-serving statement that places her with Jonathan, but she has not admitted to killing him," said Houston Police Department spokesman Kese Smith.

What kind of self-serving statement? How is placing yourself at the place of the kidnapping with the victim self-serving? All I can think of is LE found something of Jonathan's in her truck or house and she had to come up with something.

The statement to which they refer is the one where she said she went to the house, found Jonathan with his shirt off and thought someone ELSE was there with him. It was self serving to point the blame at someone else for his abduction.

I also think it would serve to establish her presence at the residence at a time different from the abduction, in case investigators came up with forensic evidence that she had been at that residence. I can easily see her thinking of this, since she apparently favored forensic crime shows and obviously has first hand experience with other crimes.

What do y'all think LE means by this:

"Nelson has given what investigators say is a self-serving statement that places her with Jonathan, but she has not admitted to killing him," said Houston Police Department spokesman Kese Smith.

What kind of self-serving statement? How is placing yourself at the place of the kidnapping with the victim self-serving? All I can think of is LE found something of Jonathan's in her truck or house and she had to come up with something.

I remember seeing on video LE was seen taking a grill rack from Mona's house and a broom.

Here's the thing. It's not that a "victim" is getting blamed, but if we are EVER going to stop this war on our children, we have got to stop trying so darn hard to be politically correct and stand up and say something when we see it. We have become a nation that condones this crap all because we are afraid to look like we are picking on someone. Enough is enough. JF was put in a bad situation, yes his mom loved him I'm sure...that didn't stop this from happening. We have to have responsibility when it comes to our children. It's not going to change until we force the change, KWIM?

ITA. The children are the most important. Innocent, blameless children with their whole lives in front of them. The problem, unfortunately, is the 2nd,
4th, 5th, 12th chances we give people. Mona's record, from what I can gleam thus far, necessitates that she should never have been let out of jail. Someone's record as a parent, while cruel and hurtful to mention, makes me wonder why all of the defensiveness? The stories the mother has allegedly told alone postponed an Amber Alert for 3 days, likely because as several articles have suggested, POLICE had to sort through LOTS of CONFLICTING statements made by the mother...Period. It is in the MSM. It is out there. She lied to LE. My question is, if she had not, had police had the appropriate information from the jump and been able to put out an Amber Alert, confident they had all of the right information WOULD JONATHAN be ALIVE today? Until a Time of Death can be established, assuming one can...by my estimation, there is still a little blame to be leveled. Correct me if I am wrong.

We all have to abide by TOS and we should...we are privileged to post here. But because this case is still fluid and ongoing...and because the current primary caretakers of this child are not 100% cleared of anything...the lack of a safe harbor they provided Jonathan is relevant. If not, I will back off a bit. But at what point is a line drawn where no one is responsible for their adult selves?

Reading through MN's MySpace comments gives me the impression that she "fell in love" ALOT. She even makes mention in one of the comments about knowing "he (no idea who he is) loves you but I love you more" and wanting the person back. (See MySpace comment 8/24).

Just a heads-up that some folks have had viruses attack their pooters when going to her MS (as happens in some high profile cases). I won't go there myself, even though my pooter is protected.

Thanks for the update!

Mel

Well, we can start with her at least moving his body because she was caught on camera doing so. Oh, and all the evidence of stuff the collected from her house.

I really don't think she can escape the fact that she killed him.

I think self serving here means she was with him, but she didn't murder him. So, she is implicating a straw man.

I agree. But if somebody else was involved then I don't think these kind of statements will cut it. Names need to be named, etc.

DD places himself in the house checking on JF at 1:45pm. Why would he do this if he wasn't really there? And if he WAS there, and JF was fine (as DD says) then by 2:00pm JF has been taken by MN (per mother's statements). That means in the space of 15 minutes the weird phone calls were made back and forth and JF was taken, with or without a struggle. I just don't think that is enough time to have passed for all of that!
(

snipped

Maybe DD never was there. It is difficult for me to make sense of any the statements made by the people involved in this. DD and AD both talk so fast, don't make much sense. Hard to understand but what I have so far is that AD took Jonathan and moved away from DD two weeks ago, and into the apartment of EN. Mona knew EN and visited her. How DD and EN knew each other I haven't found yet, but he did say he knew of Mona.

I'm still concerned about why an AA wasn't issued sooner.

IF the mom reported to police that she received phone calls at work that were threatening her or Jonathan, I would think that would raise a bit of a flag there.

It was also reported that a neighbor seen a silver truck at the house during the time frame in question. I'm wondering if this was reported to LE that day, or later?

IMO, if both of those scenarios were reported THAT DAY, then I am confused as to why LE didn't have enough information to issue an Amber Alert. A boy was missing and they had a potential vehicle description, AND potential suspect description.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am because if I am right, then I think maybe there was a chance to save Jonathan. :(

IMO, it appears that the mother wasn't truthful in the beginning, of which, later came out that Jonathan wasn't at the babysitter and was home alone. Not sure when the neighbors info actually came out, however, for me, I can see why the AA was not initiated until LE sifted through the deception.

OK I know it is useless to try and make sense of something so unimagineable... but yet that is all my brain can try and do today.

Someone please help me out -- I am STUCK on the 1:45pm to 2:00pm timeline here. I can't make sense of it, which just leads me to think someone is STILL not telling the truth.

DD places himself in the house checking on JF at 1:45pm. Why would he do this if he wasn't really there? And if he WAS there, and JF was fine (as DD says) then by 2:00pm JF has been taken by MN (per mother's statements). That means in the space of 15 minutes the weird phone calls were made back and forth and JF was taken, with or without a struggle. I just don't think that is enough time to have passed for all of that!

My brain is muddled. :(

You're not alone. The time frame is way too tight to make any clear sense. We're talking about him being kidnapped within a 15 minute time frame. IMHO the media may be mis-reporting. As one report stated mom was home by 1:45, then, oops, the dad saw him at 1:45. So I think we need to be patient and wait for more facts. Otherwise, we're both going to go loopy!

Hugs,

Mel

So we know she took Jonathan, and that she put him in that ditch. I just don't understand why she went back to the apartment that night? Trying to set up some sort of alibi?

My head is spinning - sorry.

Also - where is the bio dad?Thanks,

Mel

Haven't caught up so not sure if someone already answered...but according to this post from Aunt Renee, the bio dad was never involved in his life.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5940188#post5940188"]Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #2 - Page 12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

KPRC Local 2
The Houston Police Department is holding a news conference about the disappearance and death of Jonathan Foster. Watch it live on Click2Houston at 2 p.m.

LIVE: Watch Breaking News
www.click2houston.com

IMO, it appears that the mother wasn't truthful in the beginning, of which, later came out that Jonathan wasn't at the babysitter and was home alone. Not sure when the neighbors info actually came out, however, for me, I can see why the AA was not initiated until LE sifted through the deception.

But didn't the babysitter LIVE with bio mom? That's what freaks me out. Is there another Zenaida roaming around out there. I know she retracted her story, but what I don't understand is WHY?

I better sign off -- have about 7 loads of laundry looking at me from a flu fest over Christmas.

Be back later!

Mel

Hope we find out at presser what the possible parole violation was:

BBM; SNIPPED
http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-foster-murder-arrest-story,0,1039882.story

Nelson's criminal record dates back to 1984 with charges for criminal mischief, aggravated robbery, possession of marijuana, theft and terroristic threat. According to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, she was found guilty of aggravated robbery in 1984. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the same charge in 1991, possibly for probation violation, officials said.

This case is just tearing up my heart. I've lurked here on WS before and read avidly a few weeks ago with the Brittany Smith case. I have been following along with you on WS with this case, and I'm so sad about the outcome.

I see that JF's aunt and a friend's mom have posted here. Sounds like they were nice memories and photos. Can someone post me the link to that post(s)? Or teach me how to do a search on WS? I am hopeful this will make me feel better about the whole thing, hearing how good he had it for those 4 years. I just can't go home crying to my babies tonight! :)

Also, the story someone above just linked to says there were threatening remarks to the mom on the phone?? When did this happen?!?!

Cut from click2houston link in post #485:

According to information read at a probable cause hearing, Davis then received a phone call from a woman who made threatening remarks about her son. Concerned, Davis said she called her home phone repeatedly as she drove there.

But didn't the babysitter LIVE with bio mom? That's what freaks me out. Is there another Zenaida roaming around out there. I know she retracted her story, but what I don't understand is WHY?

I better sign off -- have about 7 loads of laundry looking at me from a flu fest over Christmas.

Be back later!

Mel

The last thing this case needs is an invisinanny. Lord, please no. I've had enough of that in the Casey Anthony case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARC1986