TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a "self-contained" individual; might as well add cocky at times, arrogant, NEVER superior, but confident.

How could MN ever enter that room again????
MN is not human!!!

She is not!

When Houston police brought Mona Yvette Nelson in for questioning in the disappearance of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, she seemed unfazed, even chatty, a veteran homicide investigator said.

She breezily signed consent forms allowing authorities to search her truck and home, Officer Mike Mil*ler said, and showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder in the slaying of Jonathan.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

The young boy is dead. I cannot judge this person or his motives or his love for his son. I suppose I could, but I don't want to.

To my knowledge we have him saying he is devastated and needs supprt and will be leaving the immediate area to go and seek it. Who am I to judge. Just as I will not judge mom, who LE has cleared, I will not cast judgement on dad's shortcomings in the support you ex area.

Thanks for your wise post. People handle grief differently and what I heard was a man overcome with grief and going to people who have offered him comfort..... a place to weep. I would never judge how a person handles something like this, as I have no idea how I would.

I didn't think I would feel as awful about another case as I did Shaniya's. I think I was wrong. I wrote a poem for Shaniya that I posted, but I don't believe I can write one for Jonathan. The picture in my head is too horrifying - that all words/thoughts disappear. It's just too horrendous. What a sadistic lowlife .

Read that one of her neighbor's stated that he/she actually thought that no one was living in MN's apartment.

Also, read that another of her neighbors stated that she kept to herself.

HPD described her at presser as "self-contained." Or am I imagining that word?

Sounds like some other types of murderers.

I thought I'd read the front apartment was vacant and MN lived in the back. Will try to find that.

eta
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

A neighbor who declined to give her name said she thought the home and garage apartments were vacant. Another said Nelson lived in a rear apartment but "kept to herself."

I do not understand how no broken bones, no strangulation, no signs of (gunshot, stabbing, beating, etc) automatically mean he was burned alive. Seriously?

What about toxicology?

What about suffocation?

I would think they would be able to tell if the burn injuries occurred before or after death. But if they cannot, I do not think they can rule out suffocation even if they are able to rule out poisoning/overdose.

So it appears that the autopsy results must be back.

No broken bones. No strangulation. No signs of trauma.

Police Believe Child Was Killed With Welding Torch

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html

This article contains some of the most horrifying, saddest things I've ever read.

Bless you sweet Jonathan. I am thankful your pain is over and you're now in the arms of Jesus.

I am almost without words. :furious: I can't wrap my head around how anyone could allegedly kill a person with a blow torch, let alone a child. Just thinking about it makes me sick. That's worse torture than "water-boarding" or anything else one can think of. If it is true, and JF was conscious... well I cannot think about that. In this case, if she is found guilty, she should pay the ultimate price IMHO. :furious: God bless that little boy-- at least he is with God and not in fear and pain anymore.

Torches are fueled with propane, IIRC.

I think I read somewhere that they were testing acetylene. Those burn very very hot. Propane isn't nearly as hot. It's actually used to light acetylene torches (according to DH). And LE said "crematorium" hot. (ETA: Propane torches are used for melting solder, caramelizing creme brulee, etc.)

:furious:

Perhaps he is feeling so guilty that he wasn't able to protect him...whether that is a justifiable feeling or not.. the memorial is haunting him?

If I was the stepdad my thinking right now would be...

"I smacked him, they moved out.

It was in that house that he was taken.

If I had never smacked him he would still be here."

Whether it's true or not, we have no idea. She may have still taken him if they hadn't moved out.

But that could easily be why he feels guilty. Because his slapping him started the ball rolling for him to move out, in with SE, near Mona, being there alone that day...

That'd be enough to make ME feel guilty.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

This is 21 minutes. Listening now. Will transcribe what is said re anyone being cleared.

eta
@10:01ish

[This is Detective Miller speaking.]

Mona Nelson provided a statement to us implicating others as well as herself. Those others, we put under the microscope. We've interviewed them at length and documented every second of their day. Uh, they weren't involved. She acted alone. ...

I don't think it gets much clearer than this. Mona had implicated the stepdad. Detective Miller states that he (and the others implicated) were not involved (aka cleared).

Nope, it certainly doesn't. Thanks.

I have had this nagging thought playing over and over in my head regarding the abrupt end to the press conference. I am beginning to think they pulled the plug on the Detective based on the direction he was heading with his thoughts.

After reading a few posts here from the news broadcast where one detective is thinking one way and the other another way; perhaps pulling the plug on the presser may have been ordered.

The only way for me to get the nagging thought out of my head is to post it here! :crazy: Phew, now it's OUT!
I'm sorry.I missed this.What two ways are these two officers thinking?

At the 6 o'clock news, they said they had not ruled out suffocation.

To me, it was more sensationalizing than "news" - he might have been burned to death. He might have been sexually abused. Then at the end of the segment, the reporter had to backtrack and say that homicide detectives said it was just one theory they had.

I would pray so. In earlier posts someone mentioned she had a taser. Maybe he was passed out. I just can't imagine (and won't let myself go there) that he was torched to death :(

MOO

Mel

I sure wish I felt that he did not suffer the horrible pain that he would have endured by being burned to death by a welding torch but sadly I don't believe he was unconscious during any of this.

Imo, we are looking at a full blown psychopath here when it comes to Mona.

I think she personally wanted him to feel every bit of the pain. I think she bound and gagged him and he knew exactly what was going to happen. God bless his soul.

The only motive I can think is a sexual assault or she may be one of those predators that gets satisfaction out of killing someone in the most torturous way possible and gets a thrill out of it.

I know when I was researching female murderers/predators in the Sandra Cantu case many of them loved to inflict torturous pain on their victims before the victim was murdered. It feeds their lust and leaves them thrilled by being so in control over another helpless human being.

My hubby has accidentally burned himself with his welding torch and it was so painful. I cannot imagine the horror Jonanthan endured.

I certainly believe that this despicable woman did this ALL on her own and I am so thankful that LE isn't buying her made up BS. Already I think they have plenty of good evidence and she is going to get the death penalty for what she has done to this innocent boy.

Over the many years I have been here, I have often posted my opinions on female murderers, and predators. I have always felt a lot of unsolved cases were done by a female, and they have gotten away with evil acts for years.

I agree with LE. This is not Mona's first murder. I am so glad at least THIS female predator/murderer is off the street but I certainly believe there are way more out there uncaught at this time.

Maybe more will be solved if LE opens their eyes more as to what some women are capable of doing. I hope so for the victims that have never seen justice.

RIP Jonathan. I am so sorry this evil woman ever crossed your path.

IMO

Whether it's true or not, we have no idea. She may have still taken him if they hadn't moved out.

But that could easily be why he feels guilty. Because his slapping him started the ball rolling for him to move out, in with SE, near Mona, being there alone that day...

Thank you wasn't enough for this post, imo. This was exactly what I was thinking.

The young boy is dead. I cannot judge this person or his motives or his love for his son. I suppose I could, but I don't want to.

To my knowledge we have him saying he is devastated and needs supprt and will be leaving the immediate area to go and seek it. Who am I to judge. Just as I will not judge mom, who LE has cleared, I will not cast judgement on dad's shortcomings in the support you ex area.

Amen and there will be no judgements from me either on either mom or step-dad's actions before or after. Clear statements from LE have said that MN acted solely alone - amen.

Mom and step-dad, grandma, aunt and uncle are all victims of MN as was Jonathan - bless him and keep him safe in the arms of the Man who knows all.

eleph

I'm sorry.I missed this.What two ways are these two officers thinking?

There are a couple of posts earlier in this thread where the locals were watching a news cast at 6:00 PM CST and it appeared that one LE was thinking one thing and the other another way. I haven't seen the broadcast and waiting to see if a link becomes available so I can watch it myself.

Likely, the only one feeling no guilt this evening is Mona.

Dear Prudence...I'm just catching up and wanted to respond to your question to my post in the last thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5950597&postcount=201"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8[/ame]

Yes, Quanell X did get her killer to confess and testified against him in trial. (see links below).

As for his involvement in Jonathan's case...I think his actions are probably just as self-serving as the media station (s) that are using him to increase their ratings.

Similar to some of the posts I've seen from several here, people immediately associate his involvement and/or support, with the sentiments of "all black people" and / or "the black community"; which is offensive to me…and every person I associate with…whether they look like me and "my community"; or not. However, I also understand that his past behavior has left his present actions questionable, at best; which immediately leads to panic and dread when he gets involved with any case.

Most of all, I think it’s unfortunate that his involvement distracts from Jonathan.

I believe he will end up being instrumental to the prosecution of Mona, just as he has been in many other cases….and I also believe that the investigators working this case know this too.

Here's some info / links specific to his testimony at Tynesha's trial as well as others:

Snipped>>>

"He knew what happened to Tynesha Stewart," Quanell X said on the witness stand. "I knew he knew more than what he was telling anybody about what happened to her."

Days after Stewart disappeared, as law enforcement, Texas EquuSearch and volunteers searched for her, Quanell X spoke to Shepherd and told him that police would find forensic evidence of the crime if he was involved.

As they spoke, Shepherd began to cry, then led the activist and a police detective to a trash bin where he said he dumped her body.

In questioning Quanell X, Shepherd's attorney, Chip Lewis, focused on whether Shepherd's constitutional rights were violated because he asked for an attorney before confessing.

State District Judge Vanessa Velasquez has ruled that Shepherd voluntarily waived his rights, validating his confession.

Lots more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6038359.html

In the past 15 years, Quanell X has helped about 25 fugitives — including many murder suspects — surrender to authorities, but the Shepherd case is the first time he has gotten one of them to confess.

The confession is especially noteworthy because in 10 straight hours of questioning by investigators, Shepherd had refused to discuss Stewart's disappearance.

"Love him or hate him, he has the ability to speak and communicate with a part of the community I would never be able to, including law enforcement," said KHOU's Jeff McShan, one of two Houston reporters who helped put Quanell X in touch with sheriff's deputies Wednesday after Shepherd confessed. "Hats off to Quanell for getting him to open up."

<snipped>…http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4654897.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member