TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone here, this case has disturbed me greatly. A couple of random thoughts:

1. One minor thing that sucks is that she'll be housed with females and, unfortunately, I don't think any of them will be bigger or stronger than she is so she won't suffer the jailhouse retribution she deserves. Wish they'd put her with men.

2. I am the mother to small children. We tell our kids that they are to be wary of "strangers" but typically women are safer than men if you *have* to put some trust in a stranger. And to find a mommy with children (or a nametag to show an employee if in a store, etc.) if they ever do find themselves lost. MN is a mother. How on earth can someone who does such cruel and unspeakable things, to an innocent child no less, ever love someone else?

I only pray she gets the DP so she can sit in a tiny little cell with absolutely NO human contact for the rest of her days. That is the kindest wish I can manage for someone like her or Shaniya's murderer.

If she only gets life for this, I can see her having a decent life behind bars. No one to beat up on her, probably is VERY manipulative and would find plenty of attention.

She absolutely did this and she will desperately try to take anyone (especially a step-father) down to save her own behind. This is what she planned all along.

I call people like her oxygen eaters. ETA (EEK! Mods, did I cross that line?)

I wonder if they found oxygen in the apartment. Is that something anyone can get? Do you need medical prescription? IDK

Hi Noway! I have lung disease and use oxygen at night while sleeping. Yes, you need a doctor's prescription.

It really makes no sense to me at all. Why burn a body to only place it in a ditch where you knew it would be found? And place it in a ditch so close to where there is a manhunt for a missing child?

Perhaps the burning was had two purposes: conceal identity and personal gratification. She may be borderline MR and have one of more mental disorders that negatively affect her judgement.

Disorganized serial killer
-lonely
-low IQ
-suffers from a mental disorder
-usually walks to and from the crime scene
-murder is spur of the moment
-does not bring tools to the murder
-no contact with victim prior to murder
-no rape or torture takes place before murder
-murder is a blitz attack
-does not remove/hide much evidence from crime scene
-does not hide body

Why would she leave some twine intact?

Why not? Obviously, she's not very good at criminal activity. She seems to get caught.... a lot! She's evil, but not the brightest bulb in the box. imo

Here is a video about how an oxygen-acetelyn torch works. It might help with thinking about the smoke aspect, as well as how torches work.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGmrPiumEU[/ame]

Perhaps the burning was had two purposes: conceal identity and personal gratification. She may be borderline MR and have one of more mental disorders that negatively affect her judgement.

-lonely
-low IQ
-does not hide body

Is there a link to that? I ask because it sounds exactly appropriate.

I checked out her Myspace updates. I know it's been posted it seems she just went through a break up. Other updates were telling someone she was sorry for hurting them. There were a few of them, but seemed hallow. Have you seen them? What are your thoughts?

-lonely
-low IQ
-does not hide body

I agree with the low IQ part.
Another poster mentioned she wanted to get caught. I think it is possible. She wanted the attention and maybe her life is easier in jail. She can weight lift box and torture other cellmates surrounded by other women all day and not very many men.

"As for a motive, one HPD investigator said officers believe sexual abuse was behind the crime.

The officer said there is no evidence to confirm the theory at this point, but police say there was no ransom demand after the boy was kidnapped, so one officer said, "That's the only other motive (that makes any sense)."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html

Why does the motive have to make sense?!

Why not just being an evil, sadistic person who wanted to kill someone?

Elizabeth Olten's murder wasn't sexually motivated (and if I've missed something, I don't want to know.)

Maybe she just enjoys killing people and THAT is what she wanted to do. Why does it have to be made worse by assuming he was abused because it's the only thing that "makes sense."

Can't we just believe she just killed him and that's it? We KNOW that happened. Why do we have to "assume" it's worse if it's not proven.

Would suffocation cause trauma to the body? Can we cling to that possibility instead of this other horror?

Strangulation would, but suffocation likely wouldn't. Aside from maybe minor bruises which would likely be covered by the burning anyway.

No I do not think we can rule out suffocation and yes I think we can cling to that. Again, I think it's cruel for LE or the media to "assume" that he must have been burned to death because they can't find evidence of anything else.

Why not assume the BEST option here rather than the worst?

It really makes no sense to me at all. Why burn a body to only place it in a ditch where you knew it would be found? And place it in a ditch so close to where there is a manhunt for a missing child?

To hurt someone.
To show them what she is capable of.
To cause pain, be in control, to be the center of attention.

She may be a serial killer and it may be totally out of the norms, but women tend to kill close within their circle and for personally reasons (as irrational as those reasons may or may not be).

I really think this will be based in some sort of jealousy, abandonment, perceived wrong and a horribly unfortunate victim home alone that day. It doesn't feel random to me at all.

Possibly not planned per se, but not random.
Angela had just moved in.
David had been there.
She let herself in Sharon's apartment.
She answered Sharon's phone and wanted to know who Angela was.
She came back to Sharon's apartment on xmas eve to watch the aftermath. That does not sound to me like a place she felt she was an outsider or someone not entitled to certain levels of access.

Saying that David Davis paid her to dump the body makes me wonder why him out of the three though? Hates men? Or was there something about him she didn't like or was angry about? Before the video tape surfaced did she think he would be blamed?

Thank you for all of the updates yesterday.

I can't follow Jonathan. I just can't. Thanks to everyone that will be watching for this lil one but it won't be me this time.

The depth of depravity and cruelty that some human beings are capable of reaching disgusts me.

Happy New Year all.

For MN, blaming the SD could be as easy as these things:

1. She knew he was at the house and was the 'last' one to see JF.
2. It would be believable. (Didn't a lot of us think he was involved?)
3. In her mind, he had 'motive'.

For MN, blaming the SD could be as easy as these things:

1. She knew he was at the house and was the 'last' one to see JF.
2. It would be believable. (Didn't a lot of us think he was involved?)
3. In her mind, he had 'motive'.

Yeah. I felt that was one of the reasons she seemed so "cocky" during interrogation. She figured DD (SD) would take the fall because he was the most likely suspect. In her delusion of grandeur, she figured she would walk away from this and no one would believe DD.

Yeah. I felt that was one of the reasons she seemed so "cocky" during interrogation. She figured DD (SD) would take the fall because he was the most likely suspect. In her delusion of grandeur, she figured she would walk away from this and no one would believe DD.

She may also have been so confident in this because it has worked for her in the past. She scoped out the scene all morning, waiting for her "scapegoat". IMO

IMO, if she had been hanging around her 'friend' SE, she would have some history on the family dynamic and issues with AD and DD. She knew they had problems, she probably knew that DD hit JF before and that is why there was a roommate situation.

She might have even pulled it off if it weren't for the surveillance video.

Her punishment should fit the crime..Burn her at the stake!!

This is ALL more disturbing considering she has an 11 year old grandson herself.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334596/detail.html

I know what you mean as every crime is hateful. In order for the hate crime to be tacked on they'd have to prove MN murdered that poor little boy motivated by prejudice against his race, color, Religion, disability...........IMO that was not the case.

sbm

Although I do not think there would ever be a chance of prosecuting this as a hate crime on a state OR federal level... I do think there is a chance it was one... just not one protected under the law.

In Texas the federal hate crimes law covers gender identity.

However it doesn't cover simply gender.

I think it is entirely possible that Jonathan being a boy had something to do with the level of rage Mona felt towards him. I wouldn't be surprised if she does have other victims in the last few years, if they are also males.

It wouldn't apply under the hate crime law though since it is a gender, not a gender identity.

I've been considering this for 2 days and I have a long, thought out, very detailed, intelligent sounding, psychologically based and considerately written post... but I'm too afraid to post it for fear I will get in trouble for some reason.

So I will just stick with that short and safe thought...

Home improvement shops.
Welding supply shops.

That would be for non medical oxygen though, which is not as pure, and sometimes has additives in it.

Hubby is learning to weld as part of his car restoration hobby.
His welder is run off electrical power and an argon/CO2 blend.
It is an inert blend. Anyone can buy it. The oxy/acytelene is explosive but anyone can pop into a welding supply house and have the tanks loaded in the trunk on your way home.

Medical grade oxygen and oxygen from the scuba shops will require different levels of documentation (prescription, license, etc...).

That is my understanding anyway.

if she was drunk when she dumped the body, has anyone said that she was drunk when she arrived back at his home? IIRC, after she dumped the body, she went back to the duplex to see what was going on. I don't remember anyone saying she was drunk at that time. Or maybe hours went by and she was sober by then?

I can not see how a drunk person is able to use welding equipment without putting the place on fire. At those high temperatures , it will cut straight thru almost anything like a knife and through carpet/wooden floor if left on a spot a tiny bit too long. You have to be sober to use such equipment IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member