TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been consulted on the case and is helping with the investigation, said New Braunfels Police Department spokesman Lt. Michael Penshorn.http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_3c448f5c-32f7-11e0-b8d6-001cc4c002e0.html

did we know the fbi is now on the case?

Don't recall hearing about the FBI until I listened to Lt. Penshorn on the NB mayor's Monday a.m. radio talk.

LOL Texas Mist... we owe each other more than one coke LOL

No kidding - and we were both 'late' w/ finding that - that news was an hour old. LOL

there **certainly** seems to be a parallel investigation going on here and of that I am glad...

I know it sounds obvious and was probably done but I hope they have throughly checked out the inside of the house.

The FBI being "consulted" and being "on" the case are not necessarily the same thing.

LOL Texas Mist... we owe each other more than one coke LOL

Nurse,
If you happen to have an extra one of them thar Cokes, I'd be happy to take one off your hands.
I'm putting up a new canopy on the cheapy gazebo, it's 79 degrees, direct sun over me and even tho I am in shorts, I am sweating, like a lawn sprinkler.....water coming out of everywhere!
Thanks to your post, I am craving an ice cold Coke in the worst way. lol

This job should have taken me a couple hours at most but almost 3 hours later........because I keep getting off the ladder to run to the computer to refresh this Precious Baby's thread.

I remember several cases where the child was gone several days and still made it ..... alive.
Remember years ago, little Jessica who fell in the well? That was more than one or two days, wasn't it? And she's a grown woman now.
I know, I know..... I have my purdy rose-colored glasses on but at the heals of a couple other cases here on WS, I don't know that I can stand another baby being 'gone too soon'. :(

I know it sounds obvious and was probably done but I hope they have throughly checked out the inside of the house.

DairyGirl,

Your post just reminded me....
A young child, a boy if I remember correctly, was searched for over a week.
He was finally found in the parents' own vehicle trunk...he had crawled in there all on his own, and died. He was right under everyone's nose the whole time.
I agree with you......I hope they have looked in every single nook and cranny, even those crannies that might look too small for a child to crawl in.

Nurse,
If you happen to have an extra one of them thar Cokes, I'd be happy to take one off your hands.
I'm putting up a new canopy on the cheapy gazebo, it's 79 degrees, direct sun over me and even tho I am in shorts, I am sweating, like a lawn sprinkler.....water coming out of everywhere!
Thanks to your post, I am craving an ice cold Coke in the worst way. lol

This job should have taken me a couple hours at most but almost 3 hours later........because I keep getting off the ladder to run to the computer to refresh this Precious Baby's thread.

I remember several cases where the child was gone several days and still made it ..... alive.
Remember years ago, little Jessica who fell in the well? That was more than one or two days, wasn't it? And she's a grown woman now.
I know, I know..... I have my purdy rose-colored glasses on but at the heals of a couple other cases here on WS, I don't know that I can stand another baby being 'gone too soon'. :(
no cokes in the smiley option but how 'bout one of these Amity? :snowball: as we, in Michigan are currently buried in ice cold snow! LOL...

:hot:when you are hot that snowball should feel good!

I agree... where is this baby!!! I am so worried for him!

Again, it appears that there is only one trailing dog in that group as well.

I honestly have no idea why they would stop them when they went onto private property, unless there was a gate or something that you would then turn around and say get a judge on this, but I'd still go. Unless you're afraid of getting shot? Honestly, when you are on a trail, a hot one none the less, of an 18th month old, you don't stop, period. But we don't know they were ever on a trail at all as there aren't too many (read almost none) out there.

Sweet baby Joshua where are you. Now I want to know date and time of last independent sighting of Joshua outside of the people that were in the home last Friday night. 20 minutes from the time he went missing until LE was called and dogs were brought onsite within 3-4 hours and cannot find a trail. Hopefully every nook and cranny in, around and under that home has been thoroughly searched. No scent pickup in a short span of time is sort of telling me he either wasn't there or somebody carried him away. Either way this is not going to have a good ending. This makes me very sad.

It is truly amazing to me how quickly these investigations widen, once the words "Nancy Grace" are spoken.

It was public knowledge hours ago that she was covering Joshua.

I am guessing that they probably knew before then, that the producers probably called to get information.

They had to know that she would fry them if they were not covering every base.

I wonder, would polygraphs be happening if he wasn't on Nancy's page? I would love to know the precise timing of their first contact with Nancy and the first mention to the family of the polygraphs. Not that we ever will... but I would love to know.

Maybe this is like Ethan Stacy, where they knew from the first few minutes that the persons responsible for caring for the child were responsible for harming him. That is always possible. It certainly sounds to me like the polygraphs were requested today however. Which makes me question the timing of Nancy getting involved. :waitasec:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

He OBVIOUSLY had SOMETHING to hide. If it where me, I would tell them to search anything and everything! Break windows if you have to. Although, since he wasn't around, I don't see him involved in this case, but maybe he needed to hide something else MOO.

We have had a couple of missing kids in our area who were not missing long enough (thankfully) to need media attention. We have one little boy with autism who goes missing a few times a year.

Before the cops are even AT our house I am out there checking the water, horses and then cars and trailers. (He likes water and horses.) Once I clear a car I lock it, to ensure no one can get in it after I have checked it. Then I open it for LE if they want to also check it.

Our butler building, our hayloft, our garage, our storage, our upstairs deck, our crawlspace... all 2 acres of property. I have searched that property so many times for a missing neighborhood child or animal, it is almost robotic for me. Our house itself is always secure because of my own wanderer.

I hope it would be different if it was a criminal investigation. But at this point, the officers know me. They stop by and ask if I've had a chance to check everywhere or if I need help (if my own kids are sick or I can't get into the hayloft with my shoulder or something.) If I say I've checked and secured it all, they thank me for making their job easier and move on. This includes neighbors property who have ponds and horses, since the little boy likes both. I am not even sure LE knows we don't own those, because they are the first places I look.

If they wanted to search it all themselves, that'd be fine with me as well as the rest of my family.

Inside your house is one thing... I cannot imagine having any objection to LE searching the property itself. Even if you are not comfortable with it... there is a missing child, get over your discomfort. :waitasec:

I think there was an outraged response from the community as well as family when they were just saying "wandered off" and not doing a parallel investigation. That they are just doing the poly's now makes me think someone made a decision in the last 24 hours.

Perhaps the involvement of the texas rangers but i know if we were ready to bump some heads together the community must have been just as upset.

I hope they do the polygraph tests asap!!!

The Grandfather was already taking his today. Logic would dictate that the parents would be first, then anyone in the house that night (the other two people maybe) and the grandparents. But logic isn't always how things work.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26777491/detail.html

According to Jerome Davis, Joshua's grandfather, that also includes administering polygraph tests to everyone who lives in the household.

Davis made the comments as he arrived at the police station Monday morning to submit to the exam...

Davis said in addition to him and Joshua's parents, two other adults have been asked to submit to polygraphs.

Maybe when the FBI was consulted, the first questions asked were have all the family been polygraphed and have all preliminary investigations been completed?

I believe LE's first priority was to find the baby in the freezing cold, thinking he was just out in the field behind the house or something, but after a few hours of searching with no results, then they should be following up on everything, including issuing an amber alert.

How much daylight is left over there?

Maybe when the FBI was consulted, the first questions asked were have all the family been polygraphed and have all preliminary investigations been completed?

I believe LE's first priority was to find the baby in the freezing cold, thinking he was just out in the field behind the house or something, but after a few hours of searching with no results, then they should be following up on everything, including issuing an amber alert.

How much daylight is left over there?

around 2 hours, watcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members