TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing, the clothing doesn't bother me. Right now, in my fully heated house, which is much warmer than my trailer was, my daughter is wearing a onesie, a full sweatsuit including pants and jacket, her boots and socks. It's cold and we haven't been home all that long. More than likely, she will be in that many layers until bedtime, which is 8 p.m. for the older kids, but 9 p.m. for her, because that way, their talking at bedtime won't keep her up...
I know we all have different ways of raising kids, but the clothing doesn't worry me and neither does the time, in terms of him not being ready for bed. Usually my older kids are in bed by 8:30, but the little one stays up a little longer, usually because she sleeps later in the mornings. Depending on how many kids actually lived in that trailer, it might make a difference in the bedtimes, but it seems it's getting hard to figure out who actually lived there and who was visiting.

My first child was a great sleeper and my second child, at 18 months, needed me to lay down with him in order to go to sleep. On nights where I didn't want to do that until later...he stayed up later. Some kids will fall asleep in their tracks and some will stay up as long as you'll let them.

My inlaws have a son named Michael, and another son with the middle name Michael, and a second brother also named his son Michael. I do think it is odd, and not a choice I would make, but nothing that hasn't happened in the past. Look at MJ and Prince Michael and Blanket. Lokk at George Forman. lol Strange, but not unheard of.

Looking through these statements, I find that last one odd. She's saying he couldn't have gotten out because the door had been closed all day. But, in reality, it had been opened and closed several times - at least with the people that had come in and out. Even she admitted there was the "family friend" who had gone in and out several times, that's not including the others. Technically, the door hadn't been closed all day.

Odd quotes. I agree, I thought that was odd too. I mean, if they were in New England, I'd assume they'd gone in another door. But that doesn't seem to be the practice there. Although maybe another door was closer to where the cars were parked?

Another comment she made that struck me as odd from that same transcript was "They have the cadaver dogs. He`s nowhere in this area, I don`t believe, because there`s no trace of him coming in the yard."

Would you use the word "cadaver" if your child was missing? I know that's how a lot of people refer to them, but a few others I've asked when discussing this case agreed that they would use any other word BUT that one--that they couldn't bring themselves to even express something so morbid.

The dad's statement. I have also wondered about how the mom never seems to refer to the dad's statement about the beanie pulling--always says some version of she went into the bedroom with the grandparents and came out into the living room and "no one had seen him."

The only way this makes sense I can think of is perhaps dad wasn't inside the house--or at least, not in the living room--when she ran out into the living room. So at that point in her recollection, no one else had seen him and it was after that she talked to the dad.

But it makes me think that there was still a gap of time between her going out in the LR and her hearing that from the dad, so where was he?

Not to imply he was doing anything hinky. But if he'd gone out to smoke or something then the door would have been opened or maybe there's a chance someone had been left alone with Joshua while dad went to the restroom.

The jumping up. There's definitely something she didn't like about the friend IMO given how quickly she alluded to him. Could that be why she "jumped up" when she hadn't seen him in 10 minutes? Because at 8 months pregnant, jumping up wouldn't be as easy as it normally was, so it's hard to believe she wouldn't have tried to call out for him first.

I don't know the square footage of their home but it sounds about the size of the little rambler I grew up in and we could hear mom calling out for us no matter where we were--TV on and all.

And if some reason we'd ignore her, the nearest adult would tell us to go see mom or yell back that we were with them.

His clothes. And as for him being overdressed, if they were trying to keep the doors closed, it's possible they had the heat turned down to keep all the adults (or, perhaps, one whining adult) happy. So that wouldn't surprise me.

Plus, my sister always has my niece and nephew decked out for company like that. And they don't change into PJ's unless they've gotten a bath or until right before they go to bed.

Timing. Which brings me to another question (sorry, my first posting and all these thoughts piled up while I was waiting to get approved!)...no one seems to be sure about the time they last saw him.

As someone pointed out, they may not necessarily think to look at the clock when they see him. But it seems to me from watching parents with kids that young that they are kind of watching the clock as it's getting near their child's bedtime.

Especially if he does something to annoy them, like it sounds like he might have done with his dad and the beanie. Anyone else think that's odd?

Assuming he was taken. Now, I don't have kids (except furry ones, LOL) but one thing people keep saying over and over is that maybe she was convinced someone took the boy because it's easier to believe he was being taken care of that way.

Really? I would think, at least when it first happened, that it would be less frightening to think he might have wandered out--given that abductions often end so badly.

Now, I can maybe see being hopeful of that given the time that's passed and the weather down there. But right away?

Over the weekend, volunteers banded together to search for Joshua Davis Jr. They were joined by police, DPS troopers and the FBI.
http://www.kens5.com/news/Hope-fading-in-search-for-missing-New-Braunfels-toddler-116157964.html

I find the bolded part really interesting IF they joined the search the parents had on Sat. The parents had asked for volunteers to start search 2 1/2 miles out. Weren't the police still searching in the area of 1 to 2 miles out? I will have to check. Does the FBI actually do physical searches? There was also a church group that went door to door handing out flyers.

I think from what little we know of the search, the dogs did hit outside, they just weren't able to get a scent trail to follow away from the house.

Thanks! Sorry if my mistake muddied the waters--it's already so confusing.

Seems to me, if it was that cold in the house.....that Joshua had to wear all of those layers...then he would have more on his feet than just socks.

I think now it's just a waiting game. Until his little body is found or one of the adults tells what happened.

That's always a possibility, but why would anyone cover it up by reporting him missing? Now if someone who had been drinking accidentally hit him with their car, that could be another story entirely. MOO

bolded by me.

I don't know--maybe because they are young and dumb (not saying they are, but anyway*) and would be worried about such an accident reflecting on their parenting ability--possibly resulting in the new baby being taken away. Or they feel guilty for letting him slip out because they were taking drugs, drinking to excess, or something.

I agree with you, though--it is unlikely. * And as far as being "young and dumb",again, I am not saying they are and it's not a criticism--I have been there! Hopefully I left.

Odd quotes. I agree, I thought that was odd too. I mean, if they were in New England, I'd assume they'd gone in another door. But that doesn't seem to be the practice there. Although maybe another door was closer to where the cars were parked?

Another comment she made that struck me as odd from that same transcript was "They have the cadaver dogs. He`s nowhere in this area, I don`t believe, because there`s no trace of him coming in the yard."

Would you use the word "cadaver" if your child was missing? I know that's how a lot of people refer to them, but a few others I've asked when discussing this case agreed that they would use any other word BUT that one--that they couldn't bring themselves to even express something so morbid.

The dad's statement. I have also wondered about how the mom never seems to refer to the dad's statement about the beanie pulling--always says some version of she went into the bedroom with the grandparents and came out into the living room and "no one had seen him."

The only way this makes sense I can think of is perhaps dad wasn't inside the house--or at least, not in the living room--when she ran out into the living room. So at that point in her recollection, no one else had seen him and it was after that she talked to the dad.

But it makes me think that there was still a gap of time between her going out in the LR and her hearing that from the dad, so where was he?

Not to imply he was doing anything hinky. But if he'd gone out to smoke or something then the door would have been opened or maybe there's a chance someone had been left alone with Joshua while dad went to the restroom.

The jumping up. There's definitely something she didn't like about the friend IMO given how quickly she alluded to him. Could that be why she "jumped up" when she hadn't seen him in 10 minutes? Because at 8 months pregnant, jumping up wouldn't be as easy as it normally was, so it's hard to believe she wouldn't have tried to call out for him first.

I don't know the square footage of their home but it sounds about the size of the little rambler I grew up in and we could hear mom calling out for us no matter where we were--TV on and all.

And if some reason we'd ignore her, the nearest adult would tell us to go see mom or yell back that we were with them.

His clothes. And as for him being overdressed, if they were trying to keep the doors closed, it's possible they had the heat turned down to keep all the adults (or, perhaps, one whining adult) happy. So that wouldn't surprise me.

Plus, my sister always has my niece and nephew decked out for company like that. And they don't change into PJ's unless they've gotten a bath or until right before they go to bed.

Timing. Which brings me to another question (sorry, my first posting and all these thoughts piled up while I was waiting to get approved!)...no one seems to be sure about the time they last saw him.

As someone pointed out, they may not necessarily think to look at the clock when they see him. But it seems to me from watching parents with kids that young that they are kind of watching the clock as it's getting near their child's bedtime.

Especially if he does something to annoy them, like it sounds like he might have done with his dad and the beanie. Anyone else think that's odd?

Assuming he was taken. Now, I don't have kids (except furry ones, LOL) but one thing people keep saying over and over is that maybe she was convinced someone took the boy because it's easier to believe he was being taken care of that way.

Really? I would think, at least when it first happened, that it would be less frightening to think he might have wandered out--given that abductions often end so badly.

Now, I can maybe see being hopeful of that given the time that's passed and the weather down there. But right away?

What word would she use other than cadaver?

When 8 months pregnant you will jump like Michael Jordan if you think something is wrong and adrenaline takes over!

The baby may have been annoying someone, and it's easy to snap and not realize your strength against a toddler. Not saying that's the case but you never know.

Were there any drugs/alcohol at this get together?

Odd quotes. I agree, I thought that was odd too. I mean, if they were in New England, I'd assume they'd gone in another door. But that doesn't seem to be the practice there. Although maybe another door was closer to where the cars were parked??

Welcome to WS, tlneedham. Excellent first post.

snipped

smileyvault-welcome.gif

Hi tlneedham!

You've hit on something that bothers me too. She was very quick to cast suspicion on this person/friend who was there. I would really like to know why. I don't know that I've ever had someone in my house that in a hot minute I would turn and accuse them of kidnapping. Why would you invite such a person over?

And if you did, would you turn your back on them for even a second?

What word would she use other than cadaver?

When 8 months pregnant you will jump like Michael Jordan if you think something is wrong and adrenaline takes over!

The baby may have been annoying someone, and it's easy to snap and not realize your strength against a toddler. Not saying that's the case but you never know.

Were there any drugs/alcohol at this get together?

Hi HiHater. :) Yeah, I'm not sure what else you would call a cadaver dog, other than that. Just calling them dogs would be misleading.

I don't know if I agree with you on the point about knowing your strength against a toddler, though. As the parent of two former toddlers, it is very apparent that you are much stronger than them. If someone is hurting a toddler, they know it. IMO.

I am feeling as though LE has not narrowed down the possibilities any more than we have been able to do, and if that is true, that is scary. But for myself, I'm not believing this baby left "on his own" and went far enough that he cannot be found after 10 days. So that leaves taken away by someone in the home, grabbed as soon as he set foot outisde or shortly thereafter, or something having happened to him earlier than they told police.

Hi HiHater. :) Yeah, I'm not sure what else you would call a cadaver dog, other than that. Just calling them dogs would be misleading.

I don't know if I agree with you on the point about knowing your strength against a toddler, though. As the parent of two former toddlers, it is very apparent that you are much stronger than them. If someone is hurting a toddler, they know it. IMO.

In anger though? I have not hit a toddler in anger, but I do know that if you hit even a person of your own stature in anger you are likely to hit them harder than you intend. Punishment goes too far all the time...

I am feeling as though LE has not narrowed down the possibilities any more than we have been able to do, and if that is true, that is scary. But for myself, I'm not believing this baby left "on his own" and went far enough that he cannot be found after 10 days. So that leaves taken away by someone in the home, grabbed as soon as he set foot outisde or shortly thereafter, or something having happened to him earlier than they told police.

I think LE has their hand in order, but I think they are making the parents or other people at the trailer feel comfortable with them and trying to build rapport. This case will not be solved unless someone breaks and cooperates. LE probably doesn't want to name a person of interest or question the parent's story publicly and damage the rapport or give away what they know.

Another thing that I don't get about the friend, or so called friend, or whatever. There are many relationships that don't survive a missing child, or a murdered or kidnapped child, the stress on the relationship is simply too much. The way it has been portrayed is that the friend that SB suspected was a friend more of Joshua Sr's. I'm sorry, but if my child disappeared, and I felt that my significant other had brought their kidnapper into the home, controlling myself, searching side by side, or living with that person (significant other ), would be impossible. Yet, the parents are maintaining a united front. Either there is something a bit fishy there or Sabrina is a much more forgiving woman than I am. MOO.

smileyvault-welcome.gif

Hi tlneedham!

You've hit on something that bothers me too. She was very quick to cast suspicion on this person/friend who was there. I would really like to know why. I don't know that I've ever had someone in my house that in a hot minute I would turn and accuse them of kidnapping. Why would you invite such a person over?

And if you did, would you turn your back on them for even a second?

I don't think she invited this person over. I think he is an acquaintance of her boyfriend or his Father. And I think she became suspicious because he 'changed his story' about where he went when he left and returned that evening.
And I think she is kind of a guest there in the house too. I think it is her boyfriends Dad's home and they are living there now with their toddler, and awaiting the impending birth of the new baby. So she has no say over who comes in as a guest in the home, imo.

In anger though? I have not hit a toddler in anger, but I do know that if you hit even a person of your own stature in anger you are likely to hit them harder than you intend. Punishment goes too far all the time...

Maybe I'm the wrong one to try to analyze because admittedly I've never hit anyone in anger or otherwise. :blushing:

I'm just thinking that an adult being about 4-5 times the size of a toddler, would definitely know their strength compared to a toddler. Maybe I'm over analyzing it.

I don't know that this even means much in this case, though. I really don't believe Joshua was abused by either parent.

The family plans to conduct their own volunteer search effort Saturday and is asking for volunteers.
Police said they do not believe the toddler was kidnapped, however the family believes otherwise. So Saturday the family along New Christian Fellowship Church and other local churches plan to search beyond the two mile radius where law enforcement officers have been looking.
In addition to federal, state and local agencies canvassing the area searching for the toddler, Texas State Prison bloodhounds have been added to aid with the search.
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Fam...r-toddler-missing-for-one-week-116032244.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr