TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who called the mother and told her he had been found? TIA

This was the rumor that he was found in trailer park 10 miles away.

IDK, but the rumor that the place he was (FB) found; isn't that same place the helicopters are searching or am I off base with that????

ETA - I wasn't following FB at that time...little bit now.

I believe there is a link on the video that Mom was on, that states the (FB) area in question. Also I think there is a MSP link that corresponds with that area; same area the helicopters were searching. Was it a 1/2 rumor??

In that video link I had posted, the reporter reads the description of what Josh was wearing and it includes "beige jeans" ...

This was the rumor that he was found in trailer park 10 miles away.

I don't believe there is a trailer park on Hunter Road. The article I can't find to reference said they had searched last week on County Ridge Road. This is not an area with trailers. I believe the rumor was that he had been found in the Hunter Road area.

What is the mother's maiden name?

Is she 21 or 23? I have seen both ages in news reports.

I always lurk and never post, but I thought I'd chime in on this one...

1. They may call him "the baby" because the father's name is also Joshua, and if I heard Nancy Grace correctly, the 6 year old is named Joshua as well. It is less important what they call him, and more important the tense he is referred to in.

2. There is NO way a baby walks out of a trailer with that many adults present. And if he beats the odds and walks out isn't it dark and freezing---so he'd probably want back in. I don't think an 18 month old could navigate stairs, brave the cold, and see in relative darkness well enough to get very far.

3. The father was in the living room wasn't he? If so, he'd have a direct or partial view of the door, no?

4. I don't think the mother fell asleep, and even if she did there were so many other people in the house that she should not have panicked. If she simply fell asleep, she would probably say that as it would make her story more believable.

5. Something about this entire situation just does not sit right with me. The way the parents speak about that night, the grandpa/girlfriend, the other baby that Joshua was "interested" in, pulling the dad's beanie, the number of people present...all of it together just seems weird to me. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old. If I don't see the 1 year old for even a couple of minutes---and she's quiet---I KNOW something is up.

I hope my post did not seem judgmental, I am trying hard to reserve judgment until there is a suspect or person of interest.

One thing I forgot, I wonder why baby Joshua had on so much clothing when he disappeared? 2 shirts and a onesie is a bit much for a baby who is at home watching a movie. I'd assume the heat would be on in that weather and a child would overheat. Why would he be bundled up if he were just at home watching a movie...and not in pj's or a footie...Just wondering.

One thing I forgot, I wonder why baby Joshua had on so much clothing when he disappeared? 2 shirts and a onesie is a bit much for a baby who is at home watching a movie. I'd assume the heat would be on in that weather and a child would overheat. Why would he be bundled up if he were just at home watching a movie...and not in pj's or a footie...Just wondering.

I was wondering about the clothing thing too. She said they were in bedroom watching Toy Story. I would assume she wanted him to lay down and get ready to go to sleep soon. So I also wondered why he wasn't in PJ's instead of jeans and flannel shirts.

And did you say that NG said that the older child is also named Joshua, after his Dad too? Really? Sorry, but that is just weird imo.

I was wondering about the clothing thing too. She said they were in bedroom watching Toy Story. I would assume she wanted him to lay down and get ready to go to sleep soon. So I also wondered why he wasn't in PJ's instead of jeans and flannel shirts.

And did you say that NG said that the older child is also named Joshua, after his Dad too? Really? Sorry, but that is just weird imo.

Exactly.& I'm not 100% sure that Nancy said that, but I think I heard her say the 6 year old is also named Joshua. That's not only weird, it would make me think someone has some control issues. JMO

I know, but RSO's often have friends that are also RSO's.

And the only crime we know that he committed was with a teen girl. But plenty of sex offenders have varied tastes. And many are opportunistic offenders as well.

I agree. Key word = opportunistic. He wouldn't have had to be snatched right in front of their house. The baby could have managed to get a mile away before some predator saw him and grabbed the opportunity. They are like buzzards, they circle around, see their prey and snatch and run.
What are the odds that these teenage girls are grabbed right off the street in broad daylight without someone seeing it? Yet it does happen. Same with someone crawling through a window and grabbing one at knifepoint right from their own bed.
I can't discount any possibility because I've lived long enough to know that just when you think you've seen and heard it all.... you haven't.

A moment of shock when I read that ... and looked to see if the thread name had been changed to Found Alive or Found Deceased ... and then I realized you must have meant the Facebook rumor.

I guess it depends on the source of the Facebook rumor. Did they ever find the person(s) responsible?

Because I think running to the police station when you've read on Facebook that your child has been found is very odd. I'd have picked up my phone and called the detective in charge. Not driven to the police station. Know withing 1 minute instead of 15 ... 20 ... whatever it took to drive there.

Maybe they did call them and the cops said they would go and check it out. They could be the ones who notified the police in the first place, and were told to meet them at the station before going to the location, so they could identify him.

I always lurk and never post, but I thought I'd chime in on this one...

1. They may call him "the baby" because the father's name is also Joshua, and if I heard Nancy Grace correctly, the 6 year old is named Joshua as well. It is less important what they call him, and more important the tense he is referred to in.

2. There is NO way a baby walks out of a trailer with that many adults present. And if he beats the odds and walks out isn't it dark and freezing---so he'd probably want back in. I don't think an 18 month old could navigate stairs, brave the cold, and see in relative darkness well enough to get very far.

3. The father was in the living room wasn't he? If so, he'd have a direct or partial view of the door, no?

4. I don't think the mother fell asleep, and even if she did there were so many other people in the house that she should not have panicked. If she simply fell asleep, she would probably say that as it would make her story more believable.

5. Something about this entire situation just does not sit right with me. The way the parents speak about that night, the grandpa/girlfriend, the other baby that Joshua was "interested" in, pulling the dad's beanie, the number of people present...all of it together just seems weird to me. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old. If I don't see the 1 year old for even a couple of minutes---and she's quiet---I KNOW something is up.

I hope my post did not seem judgmental, I am trying hard to reserve judgment until there is a suspect or person of interest.

They might also call him the baby because I notice that in large families or families with a lot of extended family nearby, particularly if this is the first grandchild, they often refer to a baby as "the baby". I work with families and babies and after this was mentioned, I can think back to a LOT of times where I've heard this...mostly when there is a big family.

About the beanie/hat...I thought it was interesting that in the original appearance of mother on Nancy Grace, I can't remember if it was Nancy or mom, but one of them said that dad sort of yelled at the baby to stop playing with his hat or told him to stop or something like that. With an 18-month-old? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr