TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would still require someone that knew him to happen along, at precisely the moment he slipped out the door.

And looking at the pictures of the neighborhood, there is no place a suspect could lurk. Nobody could hang around anywhere, even in their car, and not be noticed.

I think the only way someone could have snatched the baby once he was outside would be if someone happened to see him from their own home.

That would still require someone that knew him to happen along, at precisely the moment he slipped out the door.

Wasn't his mother suspicious of someone who had been inside the house. someone who left and came back? I never figured out the details, such as what time this person left and returned and if it coincided with when Joshua was noticed to be missing. :waitasec:

Wasn't his mother suspicious of someone who had been inside the house. someone who left and came back? I never figured out the details, such as what time this person left and returned and if it coincided with when Joshua was noticed to be missing. :waitasec:

That is my number one theory right now. Mostly because it was mom's gut level reaction. She said he was suspicious, he came and left and he changed his story. And he is the only one who is not a close family member. I think he could have nabbed the baby, stashed him outside somewhere. like his car trunk, and then escaped with him while pretending to search in the chaotic first moments.

Yeah, I would like to know more about that, too. I wonder if it was just someone who stopped by.

I agree. When I saw the pic of JD helping LE search the garbage can, I thought WTH? I was wondering why on Earth he'd even want to search, just in case, which made me think maybe he knew he wasn't there? I also wonder if LE purposely had him help search just to watch his demeanor/body language etc, because I have NEVER heard of a parent assisting LE in searching a dumpster for the body of their baby.

Going through the garbage can in the family's yard was not Friday or Saturday.

It was Sunday.

That would have been 36-48 hours after this child was reported missing.

This is the garbage can which sits in the yard at the missing child's home.... there is nothing other than incompetence to explain it if law enforcement waited 36+ hours to search that.

They should have checked that for the child or his body as soon as they arrived Friday night, or Saturday morning when it got light at the very latest.

They already knew there was not a body in there on Sunday. They were probably having Dad look into see if there was anything in there that shouldn't be. That wasn't his family's garbage. If an abductor did stay outside, maybe they threw away a Coke and the family drinks Pepsi. Something like that.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...ue-search-for-missing-tot-1003212.php#photo-6

I think it's certainly possible someone was trying to get back at the family for something. Someone held a grudge. Someone was getting revenge. Baby Josh may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO, of course.

Absolutely, if someone WAS outside waiting... but not for Joshua. Maybe for one of the adults in the house to come outside. Confront them about something, or do something worse. Then Joshua comes out and they think this is an even better idea than what they had in mind.

Destiny Norton was outside for a minute before being grabbed. Adam Walsh wasn't even at his home where anyone would have known he'd be there. As far fetched as it sounds it is entirely possible... especially if there WAS someone with a grudge against someone in the family. This could explain Mom's being convinced he was taken... in addition to wanting to believe he's alive. She may have reason to believe that someone WOULD take him.

Going through the garbage can in the family's yard was not Friday or Saturday.

It was Sunday.

That would have been 36-48 hours after this child was reported missing.

This is the garbage can which sits in the yard at the missing child's home.... there is nothing other than incompetence to explain it if law enforcement waited 36+ hours to search that.

They should have checked that for the child or his body as soon as they arrived Friday night, or Saturday morning when it got light at the very latest.

They already knew there was not a body in there on Sunday. They were probably having Dad look into see if there was anything in there that shouldn't be. That wasn't his family's garbage. If an abductor did stay outside, maybe they threw away a Coke and the family drinks Pepsi. Something like that.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...ue-search-for-missing-tot-1003212.php#photo-6

I agree. They were not looking for the baby in there on Sunday. I am sure the searchers looked in their garbage cans and the closest neighbors in the initial searches. At least one would hope so.

What are the possible scenarios?

1. He slipped through the door unnoticed.

a. wandered off and got lost in the scrub
b. wandered off and fell into water
c. wandered off and was abducted or 'saved' by some one
d. ran into road/struck by car/ hidden

2. He died accidentally in the home

3. He was hurt/abused by someone in the home

4. He was abducted from the home by one of the adults or by a stranger

What did I miss? Any other possible scenarios?

bolded by me.

Slipped out the door unnoticed, fell off the icy steps, was injured and died in the fall. (Accidental death outside the home.)

Sorry, I can't find the link...so consider this as rumor, but I remember a newsclip or reading that there were no suspicious cars in the area that evening.

One thing I have a problem with is mobile homes are not as sound resistant as house IMO. Now in this house there were a lot of adults with a sports game playing, but the other neighbors maybe not so much, although there was a rumor that several places were having parties. My point is; if little Joshua was outside in the cold-dark night, it would not be inconceivable he would be crying, especially if you consider the theory of an animal attacking and dragging him away. These units seem quite close together, so that has always bothered me in that regard ~ no reported noise, suspicious activity, in the press from neighbors.

bolded by me.

Slipped out the door unnoticed, fell off the icy steps, was injured and died in the fall. (Accidental death outside the home.)

That's always a possibility, but why would anyone cover it up by reporting him missing? Now if someone who had been drinking accidentally hit him with their car, that could be another story entirely. MOO

Sorry, I can't find the link...so consider this as rumor, but I remember a newsclip or reading that there were no suspicious cars in the area that evening.

One thing I have a problem with is mobile homes are not as sound resistant as house IMO. Now in this house there were a lot of adults with a sports game playing, but the other neighbors maybe not so much, although there was a rumor that several places were having parties. My point is; if little Joshua was outside in the cold-dark night, it would not be inconceivable he would be crying, especially if you consider the theory of an animal attacking and dragging him away. These units seem quite close together, so that has always bothered me in that regard ~ no reported noise, suspicious activity, in the press from neighbors.

If he did manage to slip out the door and even negotiate the slippery, icy steps, he might have been crying because he couldn't get back up and wanted to get back inside the mobile home. Either they didn't hear him (unlikely) or ignored the crying, but someone outside, either the RSO or someone else, heard the crying and took him away.

Of course--the search dogs didn't hit outside the home, did they? So pretty much all the theories about him going out, getting down the steps to solid ground, etc, will not work. :banghead:

After seeing the video of the mother getting the call that he had been found, I just don't think she knows anything. If something happened in the house, it would have been difficult for the others to keep it from her. If she knows, she deserves an Oscar for that performance.

I've thought over and over this since the story broke. I have two children (one teen, one in elementary school), so I am sufficiently paranoid, but I cannot imagine such a coincidence happening, although I suppose that it's not *impossible*?

When I think about the chances of happening upon a toddler wandering alone, I realize that if this has happened to me several times in my life, odds are that it probably happens to anyone with an intense interest in children.

My intense interest comes from my motherly insitnct in combination with an interest in what makes people do the things that they do. I'm observant...that is partly why I am here at WS.

A pedofile has an intense interest in children. He does not want to get caught, so he is very observant. He watches...everywhere he goes. He is obsessed.

I have returned wandering toddlers to unaware parents on a number of occassions. I lived in an apartment complex with a toddler who was a serial wanderer. Mom left him home alone with a ten year old who was also responsible for two additional younger siblings. yes, I reported it to CPS. I almost ran over a toddler crossing the street a block away from his daycare. They did not know he was gone, but said he runs off all of the time. Called CPS that time too. I have returned toddlers in Wallmart, at the Mall, and at sporting events.

I think I have convinced myself that pedofiles do, on occassion, happen along an unsupervised toddler if they are at least as observant as I am.

I would venture a guess that no parent whose child has been snatched by a pedofile would have thought that it would happen to their child, just at the time that the parent was distracted for a few moments, or on the next asile of the store,... but happen it does!

Curiouswife, you are not paranoid, if you watch your kids closely, you are smart!

TGI,
You make a really good point. I have also come across a few 'runaway' toddlers and young kids in past years. One time I found a little boy playing on our mini trampoline in our fenced in back yard. He was about 3 yrs old and was being 'babysat' by his grandfather, who was certain the kid was asleep.

Anyhow, If I had been living with a pedophile, this kid might have gone missing.

I can barely count how many times I have seen very young children and even babies left alone in cars. Usually parents are 'keeping an eye' on them, but not always.
I always wait for the adult and politely scream at them for being so stupid.

I have also come upon lost children in malls and one time saw a toddler walking on the road by himself. Another motorist stopped as well and we waited for the cops. But if I had told initially him it was my baby he would have let me take the baby I am sure.

So I agree that the chances that a pedophile would come across a lone child are slim, but it can and does happen. If it happens to you and me, it can happen to them. Especially if they lurk in areas that it can easily happen for them.

If he did manage to slip out the door and even negotiate the slippery, icy steps, he might have been crying because he couldn't get back up and wanted to get back inside the mobile home. Either they didn't hear him (unlikely) or ignored the crying, but someone outside, either the RSO or someone else, heard the crying and took him away.

Of course--the search dogs didn't hit outside the home, did they? So pretty much all the theories about him going out, getting down the steps to solid ground, etc, will not work. :banghead:

I think from what little we know of the search, the dogs did hit outside, they just weren't able to get a scent trail to follow away from the house.

What are the possible scenarios?

1. He slipped through the door unnoticed.

a. wandered off and got lost in the scrub
b. wandered off and fell into water
c. wandered off and was abducted or 'saved' by some one
d. ran into road/struck by car/ hidden

2. He died accidentally in the home

3. He was hurt/abused by someone in the home

4. He was abducted from the home by one of the adults or by a stranger

What did I miss? Any other possible scenarios?

Thank you for your posting, none that I can think of; although it helped my troubled mind to somewhat organize the possibilities. IMO I have to totally rule out all possibilities on #1 given the time that has passed, etc. So for me #2,3 & 4 are my focus as possibilities, at this point IMHO (sadly).

ETA - I don't believe it was a stranger, but someone that was at the house that night.

After seeing the video of the mother getting the call that he had been found, I just don't think she knows anything. If something happened in the house, it would have been difficult for the others to keep it from her. If she knows, she deserves an Oscar for that performance.

A moment of shock when I read that ... and looked to see if the thread name had been changed to Found Alive or Found Deceased ... and then I realized you must have meant the Facebook rumor.

I guess it depends on the source of the Facebook rumor. Did they ever find the person(s) responsible?

Because I think running to the police station when you've read on Facebook that your child has been found is very odd. I'd have picked up my phone and called the detective in charge. Not driven to the police station. Know withing 1 minute instead of 15 ... 20 ... whatever it took to drive there.

I don't think there is any way to eliminate any of the possibilities, even going on 10 days later. Unless the baby is found or an arrest is made, I don't think we can know. It is very sad and frustrating.

A moment of shock when I read that ... and looked to see if the thread name had been changed to Found Alive or Found Deceased ... and then I realized you must have meant the Facebook rumor.

I guess it depends on the source of the Facebook rumor. Did they ever find the person(s) responsible?

Because I think running to the police station when you've read on Facebook that your child has been found is very odd. I'd have picked up my phone and called the detective in charge. Not driven to the police station. Know withing 1 minute instead of 15 ... 20 ... whatever it took to drive there.

IIRC she got a call saying he had been found. It was on the video. I don't believe she knew at the moment that the tip came from fb.

IIRC she got a call saying he had been found. It was on the video. I don't believe she knew at the moment that the tip came from fb.

Yeah, I give her a break on the over-reaction on that one. I don't know, but I might react the same way if I thought my missing baby had been found, no matter where the information came from.

I'm also not sure I would have the presence of mind to call before getting in the car. I'd probably get going, then call to verify on the way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties