TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Role in the Search: The First 48 Hours
In the initial stage of the search, devote your time to providing information to and answering questions from investigators.

Once you discover that your child is missing, you will desperately want to help with the search. You may, in fact, wonder how you possibly can stand by and let others look for your child. But the reality is that in most instances, the best use of your energy is not on the physical search itself. Rather, you need to provide information to and answer questions from investigators and to be at home in the event your child calls or returns.

The checklist Gathering Evidence in the First 48 Hours identifies the most crucial pieces of background information and evidence that law enforcement will need in the search for your child.

AND

After the First 48 Hours: The Long-Term Search

When the search for a child becomes long-term, not all parents can or will want to be actively involved in the search. It is okay if you choose not to be involved. But if you want to remain active in the long-term search effort, there are a number of things that you and other family members, friends, or volunteers can do to aid in the process.

(See p. 24 of link)

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/publications/fam_surv.pdf

I've thought over and over this since the story broke. I have two children (one teen, one in elementary school), so I am sufficiently paranoid, but I cannot imagine such a coincidence happening, although I suppose that it's not *impossible*?

I can't see this scenario either unless it was someone who specifically wanted to take Joshua.

But SB was in the bedroom watching Toy Story. How would she know whether the door was open or not?

EXACTLY! That's just another part of the story that isn't really adding up.

I can't see this scenario either unless it was someone who specifically wanted to take Joshua.

I think it's certainly possible someone was trying to get back at the family for something. Someone held a grudge. Someone was getting revenge. Baby Josh may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO, of course.

I was also surprised that Nancy was able to hold back when she realized that mother was now saying that there's no way he could have opened the door on his own. I remember watching that night and seeing that look come over Nancy's face like "ohh reeeeallllly".

Checking in today for Joshua. I had to make time today for him.

I had asked earlier about who reports the information to NCMEC: LE or Parents.

It was posted (by Noway if IIRC) that the Parents can report their missing child. (The reason I had asked is that there is differing criteria with different missing children websites).

NCMEC has that he was last seen in the afternoon. The 911 call came in after 8 PM. (I know the exact time is listed a few posts back) and that 911 call was made by a Grandparent not a Parent.

My only thought is that one of us could email the NCMEC and respectfully ask why there is a difference in time? It could have been a mistake on NCMEC's part when they typed it up (it can happen, I've seen posters corrected before, human error not a big deal) or if they were given that info that he was last seen in the afternoon. If so, who reported that info? Parents or LE?

Not trying to be a noodge--seriously---but IMHO this is kind of important. If there was a mistake it needs to be corrected. If not, we need to know who gave that info about the afternoon. KWIM?

I don't have time to today to compose an email or I would. I'm sorry.

All JMHO.

But there was at least one RSO who lived right across the street. And birds of a feather tend to flock together. So IF a sex offender happened to be sitting in front of the living room window, and saw a little boy toddling down the road by himself....it is possible imo.

And just because LE says the RSO is cleared, it doesn't mean it is entirely so. Remember the Jessica Lunsford case.

It was me who posted that. I had thought LE had to report it and was surprised to find instructions telling parents to do so (after notifying LE).

https://secure.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=244

After you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) on our toll-free telephone number: 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678). Or you can use our Live Hotlineto talk to NCMEC through our web site.

Looking around to see if/how you can ask for corrections. FYI, NCMEC maintains a 24-hour hotline and all calls are recorded.

The only scenario that makes sense to me and involves a stranger would be if the RSO across the street happened to see the baby toddle outside and dared to race across the street, grab him and secrete him within his home, in the blink of an eye. Yes, it could have happened, but I don't believe even as I type it.

I think it's certainly possible someone was trying to get back at the family for something. Someone held a grudge. Someone was getting revenge. Baby Josh may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO, of course.

I also think this is a possibility; not a stranger or a RSO, but someone who knew them. MOO

But there was at least one RSO who lived right across the street. And birds of a feather tend to flock together. So IF a sex offender happened to be sitting in front of the living room window, and saw a little boy toddling down the road by himself....it is possible imo.

And just because LE says the RSO is cleared, it doesn't mean it is entirely so. Remember the Jessica Lunsford case.

IIRC the guy who lived across the street was charged with molesting a teenage girl, but I see your point if someone else was visiting him.

I was also surprised that Nancy was able to hold back when she realized that mother was now saying that there's no way he could have opened the door on his own. I remember watching that night and seeing that look come over Nancy's face like "ohh reeeeallllly".

The thing that gets to me about that 'absolute' statement, that he could NOT open the door is that I would have sworn that my daughter couldn't reach or unlock our door up until she did it.

She was halfway down the block, before we realized she had left the house. We had to install double-keyed dead locks on all the doors.

She shouldn't assume that because he couldn't do something yesterday, he can't do it today.

Yes, I agree that it's a *possibility*, it would be quite a coincidence, IMO. I don't know why I feel this way, I just do. I know it happens. I don't think it did in this case. I am not sure if I hope I am wrong or not.

What are the possible scenarios?

1. He slipped through the door unnoticed.

a. wandered off and got lost in the scrub
b. wandered off and fell into water
c. wandered off and was abducted or 'saved' by some one
d. ran into road/struck by car/ hidden

2. He died accidentally in the home

3. He was hurt/abused by someone in the home

4. He was abducted from the home by one of the adults or by a stranger

What did I miss? Any other possible scenarios?

IIRC the guy who lived across the street was charged with molesting a teenage girl, but I see your point if someone else was visiting him.

I know, but RSO's often have friends that are also RSO's.

And the only crime we know that he committed was with a teen girl. But plenty of sex offenders have varied tastes. And many are opportunistic offenders as well.

I agree. When I saw the pic of JD helping LE search the garbage can, I thought WTH? I was wondering why on Earth he'd even want to search, just in case, which made me think maybe he knew he wasn't there? I also wonder if LE purposely had him help search just to watch his demeanor/body language etc, because I have NEVER heard of a parent assisting LE in searching a dumpster for the body of their baby.

That picture made me so sad to look at. But thinking about it, I'm fairly certain that the police didn't ask dad to look through the trash for his son's body. I believe they must have been looking for something else, or at least told him that they were looking for something else.

That's one conversation that could go horribly wrong, I can't see them risking it to ask.

I also think this is a possibility; not a stranger or a RSO, but someone who knew them. MOO

That would still require someone that knew him to happen along, at precisely the moment he slipped out the door.

I have to sign off now but IMHO..

and it is JMHO--RSO's are not as dangerous as unregistered SO's. Meaning, we have absolutely no way of knowing who is a SO that might have had access to that house or to that area because they haven't never been caught before. KWIM?

I did look at all the RSO's within a 5 mile area with particular interest in the ages and gender of their victims. It is not a hard and fast rule, there are always exceptions but often (not all the time) SO's have a fantasy that involves a certain age frame and certain gender. Like I said not all the time. When I looked at those I think I only saw a female that could have possibly preferred such a young victim. I don't remember her stats though. She wasn't closeby.

We just have no way of knowing who came and went from that house.

I wish that media would interview some of the people that were in the home. More so than they have so far. I want to see more interviews with the Parents and also the other adults in that home. What was Joshua like? We don't even have a description by those that loved him.

All JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member