TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - Police, Texas Rangers and the FBI had more than 100 extra hands to help in the search for Joshua Davis Junior. A church organized its own search for the missing 18-month-old.

The volunteers gathered in prayer before walking door-to-door and handing out flyers. Angie Flack was one of the volunteers. She has a son around the same age and believes Baby Joshua is still alive.

“If this was my child and I know he has walked out the door before and a lot of mothers struggle with this. But we are hoping we will be able to bring him home,” said Flack.
Joshua's parents believe he walked out of their New Braufels home last Friday afternoon.

If you have any information, contact Comal County Crime Stoppers at (830) 221-4100.

Wow that is one confusing, incomplete sentence...:(
But on another note, I thought his parents were so sure he was taken? Now they believe he walked away?
Also, how does 8:00pm become "afternoon"? :waitasec:

Afternoon??? Has this been stated anywhere before? I have always read evening (between 8 and 9). Now I am really confused.

The NCMEC poster also said he was last seen in the afternoon.

Circumstances: Joshua was last seen at his home on the afternoon of February 4, 2011. He was last seen wearing a blue and red button down long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve Rocawear shirt, dark blue Rocawear jeans, a beige and white Rocawear onesie, a diaper, and black and white socks. He may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Maybe the "afternoon" came about from a translation at some point and was not corrected? In the winter, even if it was 7pm-ish, it could by no means be considered "afternoon"-unless that is when he was last seen by someone outside of the family.

I"m guessing none of the visitors can place him at the home.. .like someone said earlier.... maybe they were told he was in the back bedroom etc..

Maybe the "afternoon" came about from a translation at some point and was not corrected? In the winter, even if it was 7pm-ish, it could by no means be considered "afternoon"-unless that is when he was last seen by someone outside of the family.

What translation would need to take place?

IIRC he was reported missing when Grandpa called 911. That was either at 8:38 p.m. or police responded at that time (read both).

Does Grandpa not speak English well? Is that who you choose to call 911?

eta
Texas Rangers are assisting with the investigation and the first of several K-9 units has been brought in to aid with the ground search. Joshua, 18 months old, was reported missing at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_3c448f5c-32f7-11e0-b8d6-001cc4c002e0.htm

NEW BRAUNFELS - On Friday at 8:38 p.m. officers in the New Braunfels Police Department responded to ...
herald-zeitung.com/news

(can't access now)

IIRC he was reported missing when Grandpa called 911. That was either at 8:38 p.m. or police responded at that time (read both).

eta
Texas Rangers are assisting with the investigation and the first of several K-9 units has been brought in to aid with the ground search. Joshua, 18 months old, was reported missing at 8:38 p.m. Friday.
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_3c448f5c-32f7-11e0-b8d6-001cc4c002e0.htm

NEW BRAUNFELS - This morning at 2:16 a.m., an officer with the New Braunfels ... NEW BRAUNFELS - On Friday at 8:38 p.m. officers in the New Braunfels Police Department responded to ...
herald-zeitung.com/news

[/LIST]

Grandfather seems to speak English well, at least he did on the news video. As I understood it from the LE presser, the first officer arrived at 8:30 p.m.

eta

NEW BRAUNFELS - This morning at 2:16 a.m., an officer with the New Braunfels ... NEW BRAUNFELS - On Friday at 8:38 p.m. officers in the New Braunfels Police Department responded to ...
herald-zeitung.com/news

[/LIST]

Grandfather seems to speak English well, at least he did on the news video. As I understood it from the LE presser, the first officer arrived at 8:38 p.m., even though I typoed that to 8:30 p.m.when I was transcribing. Ooopsie on my part.

I edited my post and added the links I had regarding the time, although one isn't available to me.

Joshua's parents believe he walked out of their New Braufels home last Friday afternoon.
http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...earching-for-Baby/yhS7fMMwGEyrugEmeOW75Q.cspx

I thought they thought someone took him and LE thought he walked away...

This is just as incomplete as the rest of the article.

They believe that he initially got out of the house.... THEN was abducted. They have maintained that all along.

They don't think he is is close, BECAUSE the dogs have not found him. They are putting all their faith into the dogs and since they dogs don't find his scent leaving the yard, they feel he didn't walk out of there.

Maybe that is not the type of translation Cluciano meant then. Just the translation between the person reporting Joshua's disappearance to the person at NCMEC.

This is just as incomplete as the rest of the article.

They believe that he initially got out of the house.... THEN was abducted. They have maintained that all along.

They don't think he is is close, BECAUSE the dogs have not found him. They are putting all their faith into the dogs and since they dogs don't find his scent leaving the yard, they feel he didn't walk out of there.

Yep, that's how I understood it. That's why I think they're reaching for an explanation that might include him being returned unharmed. I can't say I blame them. It would probably tear me apart to think of my baby out there all alone.

Him wandering outside at just the right moment to be snatched by someone, is just so unlikely. They're in a somewhat remote area, none of those streets are through streets. The abductor would have to purposely be there. I doubt it would be someone who just happens to drive down a dead end road.

Maybe that is not the type of translation Cluciano meant then. Just the translation between the person reporting Joshua's disappearance to the person at NCMEC.

Yep, and I think that article is just poorly written. Kind of a combination of a poorly worded quote, and a reporter not being thorough.

Yep, that's how I understood it. That's why I think they're reaching for an explanation that might include him being returned unharmed. I can't say I blame them. It would probably tear me apart to think of my baby out there all alone.

Him wandering outside at just the right moment to be snatched by someone, is just so unlikely. They're in a somewhat remote area, none of those streets are through streets. The abductor would have to purposely be there. I doubt it would be someone who just happens to drive down a dead end road.

Unless someone was outside waiting for the opportunity, I highly doubt that is what happened either. MOO

Did I read somewhere that neighbors were also having a party?

eta
It may have been in Comments and would be considered rumor. (Am looking again.)

This is exactly why I believe that anyone who was present at the time of the disappearance or anyone very close to a possible POI should never search. Too much chance of contaminating evidencs, giving the real killer's defense lawyer something to use to cause reasonable doubt. Those close to a suspect (such as parents of a suspect) have been known to be willing to do anything to keep their adult child out of prison.

Can you imagine how horrible it would be to find your dead child and not be able to bring the killer to justice because of suspicion that you knew where to look or killed your child yourself?:twocents:

I agree. When I saw the pic of JD helping LE search the garbage can, I thought WTH? I was wondering why on Earth he'd even want to search, just in case, which made me think maybe he knew he wasn't there? I also wonder if LE purposely had him help search just to watch his demeanor/body language etc, because I have NEVER heard of a parent assisting LE in searching a dumpster for the body of their baby.

ooohh...good point, Noway. Especially in small houses, a big crowd can make it hot and stuffy pretty quick. I think though, that propping or leaving the door open would have been mentioned already. I wonder, though, it seems like we are missing lots of puzzle pieces here.

I would think the possibility of Joshua slipping out, when someone entered or exited, is more likely. I think he fell or got down the stairs. Somehow he was injured, and carried off by some kind of animal.

I'm having trouble fitting the facts that we know with other scenarios, like kidnapping.

SB stated the door was closed and he wouldn't have been able to reach the knob to turn it.

ETA: Link http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/10/ng.02.html

BENITEZ: He can`t reach the doorknob. Like, he reaches maybe to the bottom of it, but he can`t reach tall enough to where he could turn the doorknob.

GRACE: Well, if he can`t reach the doorknob, then how did he get out?

BENITEZ: That`s what I want to know.

GRACE: We`re taking your calls live. Straight out to Michael Board, WOAI Newsradio, joining us there in San Antonio, Texas. Michael, the whole thing is farfetched. I talked to the mom myself. She told me that there were nine people in the home total. That this little boy could go to the door -- everybody knows at that age, they can turn a latch, but she said -- a lock. But she said he couldn`t twist the doorknob.

BENITEZ: The only way he could have got out was the front door. The screen door might not close properly and he could find (ph) himself and push the door open. But like I said, that door had been closed all day.

Looking through these statements, I find that last one odd. She's saying he couldn't have gotten out because the door had been closed all day. But, in reality, it had been opened and closed several times - at least with the people that had come in and out. Even she admitted there was the "family friend" who had gone in and out several times, that's not including the others. Technically, the door hadn't been closed all day.

Another statement I came across that stood out to me was this one:

GRACE: I thought the theory was that somehow, he had managed to turn the doorknob and get out the door. But you`re saying he absolutely could not do that, right?

BENITEZ: Yes. I know he`s still alive.

Sure, this could just be a nervous mom desperately holding out hope -- but it's a little strange that when asked if he could open the door, SB answers that she knows he's still alive. Odd . . . .

But SB was in the bedroom watching Toy Story. How would she know whether the door was open or not?

Unless someone was outside waiting for the opportunity, I highly doubt that is what happened either. MOO

I've thought over and over this since the story broke. I have two children (one teen, one in elementary school), so I am sufficiently paranoid, but I cannot imagine such a coincidence happening, although I suppose that it's not *impossible*?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214