TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the room with the tv (on the back wall) is setup it doesn't look like anyone sitting in there looking at the tv could see behind them to the open area where I believe the door is..Also, do we know if anyone was actually sitting in the kitchen around the time he went missing?

There has been speculation here on WS that folks were sitting in the kitchen watching the game. I wasn't sure where that info came from so I googled and found this (bbm):

Joshua was last seen in family's double-wide kitchen dining area with five or six family members.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_8631f44c-3176-11e0-99af-001cc4c03286.html

Would love to do that, but my hubby already thinks I'm a bit batty for what I've done already. Mind you, I'm sitting here listening online, to the Comal County Sheriff and Texas DPS Live Audio Feed, as well as the New Braunfels Police Live Audio Feed. :crazy:

I can't figure out how to listen to those. Can you help me out. I went to the links that WS provides and hit play. It appears that they are playing, but there is no sound. Could you tell me what you did to make it work of if you had any trouble. Thanks! or if Sweetdreams doesn't see this can anyone else talk me through this...)

head and neck entrapment!!!

Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recognized a pattern of injury and/or death to small children which could be associated with upholstered recliner chairs found in practically every home in America

http://www.safetyforum.com/reclinerchairs/

MOO

Long time since my kids were little but I remember worrying about their daddy's recliner.
Good article gngr~ snap.

Now I have a question for you :)
If this sweet little boy was harmed by getting trapped in the chair or something like that, why do you think 911 wasn't called? Why hide an accident, kwim?

thanks

I can't figure out how to listen to those. Can you help me out. I went to the links that WS provides and hit play. It appears that they are playing, but there is no sound. Could you tell me what you did to make it work of if you had any trouble. Thanks! or if Sweetdreams doesn't see this can anyone else talk me through this...)

There isn't always constant chatter. Sometimes it stays silent for 10 minutes or so, just depends on the volume of calls to 911. Maybe you are just in between transmissions. Give it a few minutes...

One of the things that stood out to me was the dad saying that 'he knows his play-zone'. An 18-month-old does NOT know his play-zone. But to me this a red flag - that maybe the dad expected too much if he doesn't understand age-appropriate behavior.

I wonder if expected too much from Joshua when he told him to stop playing with his beanie? Just a thought...

Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a red flag too. What 18 month old kid recognizes their 'play zone'? The entire world is their play zone. If they are in a yard without a fence they are going to keep going if they see a cat or an ice cream truck cruise past them. Play zone or not.

I feel the same, unfortunately. How many people do you think are involved or at least know what happened? 9 people in a trailer doesn't seem real conducive to keeping an event like that a secret....

That's the problem I have with thinking anyone inside harmed him. It was family and friends. I can't see mom, dad, grandparents, and friends all keeping that horrible a secret. and why would they?

I'll admit, though, that not much would shock me these days. :(

head and neck entrapment!!!

Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recognized a pattern of injury and/or death to small children which could be associated with upholstered recliner chairs found in practically every home in America

http://www.safetyforum.com/reclinerchairs/

MOO

That is EXACTLY what I worried about in an earlier post. My husband ALMOST stood up and if he had he would have crushed our 2 yr old who was hiding from us under the recliner step stool. Husband had no idea our son was even under there and if I hadn't screamed STOP NO STOP at the top of my lungs...

I want to know what another member here brought up and I can't remember who it was so please forgive me...

But the gist was:

Did those adults actually lay eyes on Joshua that day? Meaning is it possible

(even with the link above that states he was seen by 5 or 6 adults in the kitchen, sometimes the media will write something in such a way that isn't taken from direct quotes from a witness or from LE stating such but the reporter took liberty in writing the article KWIM?, we see it a lot in rewrites of articles...etc)

is it possible that the adults were told he was in the back (laying down napping...any number of excuses) and that in reality he was already out of the trailer because he had been harmed and this was a coverup story.

Now, please let me say I am not pointing a finger directly at Dad or Mom. I am just looking at each scenario and listing them in my head in descending order of probability.

I agree it is still viable and possible that he walked out. Now that we are getting a more clear picture of who what when where---it's falling on my personal list of probability.

It's still on the list. I want to know if those adults laid eyes on him. JMHO.

The Godmother to Joshua was interviewed by Univision and my spanish isn't good enough to understand everything she says, although I do know she was talking about Joshua I just didn't catch everything.

If we have a fluent spanish speaking member maybe they can have a look at the video and let us know if she states that she actually saw Joshua that day?

She was named (by the name of Godmother) as being in the trailer that night by Joshua's Mom on NG.

TIA.

Long time since my kids were little but I remember worrying about their daddy's recliner.
Good article gngr~ snap.

Now I have a questiion for you :)
If this sweet little boy was harmed by getting trapped in the chair or something like that, why do you think 911 wasn't called? Why hide an accident, kwim?

thanks

MOO- it had been 20-25 min. Dad's story is true. Joshua smiled at him and Crawled UNDER the chair, maybe fell asleep. When mom screamed he jumped up closing the recliner the baby prob couldn't scream. I believe they found him and hid him/ buried him and came up with he is missing. WHY? fear of having the new baby taken away.

TOTAL ACCIDENT!
IMO
if this is even the case. but going from dads statement... grabbed beanie behind chair smiled and was gone...

By the time they found him he was long gone.

Can someone point me to the link where dad tells where they looked,places too high for him to crawl...climb?
And LE stating something in or around the home.
MOO Had to be the RECLINER.

That is EXACTLY what I worried about in an earlier post. My husband ALMOST stood up and if he had he would have crushed our 2 yr old who was hiding from us under the recliner step stool. Husband had no idea our son was even under there and if I hadn't screamed STOP NO STOP at the top of my lungs...

I don't have any small children at home, but forbid anyone from opening the recliner after my stepdaughter almost crushed the cat (who was sitting under the open recliner) when she started closing it.

They are dangerous for children and pets alike.

I want to know what another member here brought up and I can't remember who it was so please forgive me...

But the gist was:

Did those adults actually lay eyes on Joshua that day? Meaning is it possible

(even with the link above that states he was seen by 5 or 6 adults in the kitchen, sometimes the media will write something in such a way that isn't taken from direct quotes from a witness or from LE stating such but the reporter took liberty in writing the article KWIM?, we see it a lot in rewrites of articles...etc)

is it possible that the adults were told he was in the back (laying down napping...any number of excuses) and that in reality he was already out of the trailer because he had been harmed and this was a coverup story.

Now, please let me say I am not pointing a finger directly at Dad or Mom. I am just looking at each scenario and listing them in my head in descending order of probability.

I agree it is still viable and possible that he walked out. Now that we are getting a more clear picture of who what when where---it's falling on my personal list of probability.

It's still on the list. I want to know if those adults laid eyes on him. JMHO.

I think it would have been revealed by now if the others hadn't seen Joshua that night. His Dad placed him in the midst of the others with the beanie-pulling story.

I just find it impossible to believe they all would take part in covering up something.

The way the room with the tv (on the back wall) is setup it doesn't look like anyone sitting in there looking at the tv could see behind them to the open area where I believe the door is..Also, do we know if anyone was actually sitting in the kitchen around the time he went missing?

Here is what I had found..

Joshua was last seen in family's double-wide kitchen dining area with five or six family members.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_27b09820-3166-11e0-a076-001cc4c002e0.html

Benitez, also speaking on HLN, said she was watching "Toy Story" with Joshua shortly before 8 p.m. Friday when he left the room, heading toward where six other adults and another child were.

I think it would have been revealed by now if the others hadn't seen Joshua that night. His Dad placed him in the midst of the others with the beanie-pulling story.

I just find it impossible to believe they all would take part in covering up something.

bolded by me.

I know what you mean, but maybe it would not have been revealed--LE may have information they are not making public, such as results of interviewing the people who were there. The beanie-pulling story may be just that....a story.
I also doubt they could all conspire to keep such a secret and cover-up,if it happened while they were there--but maybe they were told that Joshua was somewhere else? At another relative's? I don't know.
On second thought--this does seem a little far-fetched.

Someone in the home harmed him, IMHO... I felt that from the beginning... :(

I believe it is either that or an accident happened, such as him getting into or ingesting something he shouldn't have and it would lead back to possible charges against an adult........therefore, the cover up, at least on the part of the person responsible. I don't believe everyone inside the home that night knows what happened, however. MOO

I don't have any small children at home, but forbid anyone from opening the recliner after my stepdaughter almost crushed the cat (who was sitting under the open recliner) when she started closing it.

They are dangerous for children and pets alike.

I understand completely what you're saying about the dangers of a recliner when small pets are in the house. :(

MOO- it had been 20-25 min. Dad's story is true. Joshua smiled at him and Crawled UNDER the chair, maybe fell asleep. When mom screamed he jumped up closing the recliner the baby prob couldn't scream. I believe they found him and hid him/ buried him and came up with he is missing. WHY? fear of having the new baby taken away.

TOTAL ACCIDENT!
IMO
if this is even the case. but going from dads statement... grabbed beanie behind chair smiled and was gone...

By the time they found him he was long gone.

Can someone point me to the link where dad tells where they looked,places too high for him to crawl...climb?
And LE stating something in or around the home.
MOO Had to be the RECLINER.

The boy's father, Joshua Davis Sr., told police his son could have slipped out the door when a friend left the family's home during a basketball game. Davis said his son likes "to run around the house, from the living room to the other rooms, back and forth."

But "he does not wander off like that. He usually stays inside the yard and plays with his toys," said Davis, 23. "We searched everywhere around the house, the cabinets, under the couches, even the high spots we knew he couldn't climb to."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...picId=100020825&docId=l:1355483799&isRss=true

http://www.ksat.com/news/26839455/detail.html

After 1 Week, Still No Sign Of Missing New Braunfels Boy

Community Wondering What Happened To 18-Month-Old Joshua Davis

FBI forensics teams spent the past several days going over Davis' home and the grounds around it with a fine-toothed comb but have not made any of their findings public.

New Braunfels police, meanwhile, continue to operate under the assumption that the boy wandered away from his home, saying there is no evidence to indicate he was abducted.

More at link.

Is there really any evidence that he wandered away?

NEW BRAUNFELS — Police brought in more bloodhounds from state prisons Friday to help in the frustrating search for missing toddler Joshua Davis Jr.
The dog teams haven't been limited to the original search area, which is two square miles of empty fields around the mobile home community where the boy's family lives.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/default...ing-for-missing-boy-1009721.php#ixzz1DhnDqPJ2

This article says he was noticed missing at 8:40 pm, but other articles say he was noticed missing 20 minutes before they called, so estimated at 8:20 pm. Last seen by dad around 8 pm ... 20 minutes before they started looking.

They are following up on all tips.

Wednesday, for example, dog teams searched near Country Ridge Drive and Hunter Road, 12 miles from the boy's house. That was the vicinity of a reported sighting posted Sunday on Facebook. In this instance, Penshorn said, callers had suggestions for hard-to-find places in the heavily-wooded area that might have been overlooked on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member