TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this link has been posted backthread.

I just wanted to bring this here so we can see his little face while we talk about him. (quirk of mine about missing kids threads :))

Throwing the link back up again:

http://kgnb.am/news/breaking-news-new-photo-missing-toddler-released

I wonder where this pic was taken of him just hours prior to his disappearance? Just curious.

Attachments

• Missing%20-%20Joshua_Davis%203_thumbnail.jpg
    Missing%20-%20Joshua_Davis%203_thumbnail.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 57
I know this link has been posted backthread.

I just wanted to bring this here so we can see his little face while we talk about him. (quirk of mine about missing kids threads :))

Throwing the link back up again:

http://kgnb.am/news/breaking-news-new-photo-missing-toddler-released

I wonder where this pic was taken of him just hours prior to his disappearance? Just curious.

I wonder if that's his bedroom? The furniture has Toy Story characters on it.

I wonder if that's his bedroom? The furniture has Toy Story characters on it.

I was thinking that too. It seems to have the same paneling on the wall as another room in the mobile home. MOO

it's not the same clothes he was last seen in though.. of course at that age, they are always getting into something and needing a wardrobe change LOL
BUT then that brings me to why he was wearing soo many layers of clothes.....
I know people said it was a cold snap down there people aren't used to.. but still he was in a warm house.. which lends the question.. where were they at earlier int he day. it may or may not have anything to do with why he's missing

I think it would have been revealed by now if the others hadn't seen Joshua that night. His Dad placed him in the midst of the others with the beanie-pulling story.

I just find it impossible to believe they all would take part in covering up something.

Agree with statement #1 -- but I also think it would've been revealed if one of the others HAD seen him. All we have is dads statement that the last time he was seen was smiling after the beanie pulling. Why haven't we heard "and then so-n-so saw him go in the other room" or maybe one of the other persons who saw him say what they saw. I just find it really hard to believe that the last time he was seen was smiling at dad in a room full of others and then *poof*. I also wonder if the chair dad was sitting in was "right next to the door" -- kwim???

Also agree with statement #2 -- but, we've all learned, you really never know. Nothing much surprises me anymore!

I don't know, I just can't figure a scenario where an 18 m/o suddenly disappears out from under the noses of 9 other people in a very small home. Maybe he did, but then I'd have to think something else was going on -- drugs or something else that resulted in some major neglect.

JMO, but I just don't think mom or dads accounts of what happened that evening add up.

MOO- it had been 20-25 min. Dad's story is true. Joshua smiled at him and Crawled UNDER the chair, maybe fell asleep. When mom screamed he jumped up closing the recliner the baby prob couldn't scream. I believe they found him and hid him/ buried him and came up with he is missing. WHY? fear of having the new baby taken away.

TOTAL ACCIDENT!
IMO
if this is even the case. but going from dads statement... grabbed beanie behind chair smiled and was gone...

By the time they found him he was long gone.

Can someone point me to the link where dad tells where they looked,places too high for him to crawl...climb?
And LE stating something in or around the home.
MOO Had to be the RECLINER.

What a good scenario. I haven't thought about that but I can see that happening. A total accident and one that makes the whole family fear for the younger baby.
Thanks gnger~snap. :)

Joshua was last seen at his home on the afternoon of February 4, 2011. He was last seen wearing a blue and red button down long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve Rocawear shirt, dark blue Rocawear jeans, a beige and white Rocawear onesie, a diaper, and black and white socks. He may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1165276&seqNum=1

8 pm is not "the afternoon"

It's in the NG transcript from 2/10/2011...

I had edited that post but will post info here too.

BENITEZ (via telephone): We were all in the house. There was nine people in the house. I was sitting on the bed watching "Toy Story" with my baby. He was wandering from our room to the living room, where the other family members were. When I realized about 10 minutes that it was unusual my baby hadn't been back in the room to come get a toy, come watch the movie, I jumped up and I ran to the grandfather`s room, where there was another baby that my baby was interested in and asked if he was in there. When the grandfather`s girlfriend told me he hadn't been in there, so I ran out to the living room and I asked everyone if they`d seen the baby. We started searching, but there was no signs of the baby. I ran out of the house and everyone started looking, and we called the police about 10 minutes because we realized we had no -- nowhere to -- where we hadn't found him.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../10/ng.02.html

Joshua was last seen at his home on the afternoon of February 4, 2011. He was last seen wearing a blue and red button down long sleeve shirt, a gray long sleeve Rocawear shirt, dark blue Rocawear jeans, a beige and white Rocawear onesie, a diaper, and black and white socks. He may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1165276&seqNum=1

8 pm is not "the afternoon"

OOOO that pic above may very well be the last clothes he was seen in then... it's kinda grainy and hard to tell color but I'd bet on blue and red....

It's good they have a pic of the clothes he was in makes it easier for searches and LE.. how many times have people snapped pics of the missing person in the exact clothes they were last seen in!!!
Of course now i'm sitting here going HMMMMM how convenient ...

it's not the same clothes he was last seen in though.. of course at that age, they are always getting into something and needing a wardrobe change LOL
BUT then that brings me to why he was wearing soo many layers of clothes.....
I know people said it was a cold snap down there people aren't used to.. but still he was in a warm house.. which lends the question.. where were they at earlier int he day. it may or may not have anything to do with why he's missing

Peeples, what do you mean it's not the clothes he was last seen in?

I did find this description but chalked it up to reporter error.

Joshua Davis Jr. weighs about 30 pounds, is 2 feet tall with dark brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue and red long sleeve shirt and grey long-sleeve T-shirt, a beige and white onesie, beige jeans and black and white socks. Joshua also suffers from asthma.

OOOO that pic above may very well be the last clothes he was seen in then... it's kinda grainy and hard to tell color but I'd bet on blue and red....

It's good they have a pic of the clothes he was in makes it easier for searches and LE.. how many times have people snapped pics of the missing person in the exact clothes they were last seen in!!!
Of course now i'm sitting here going HMMMMM how convenient ...

Here's the outfit he had on in the pic on the NCMEC poster:

4d4da31ab3b5c.preview-300.jpg

Peeples, what do you mean it's not the clothes he was last seen in?

I did find this description but chalked it up to reporter error.

Joshua Davis Jr. weighs about 30 pounds, is 2 feet tall with dark brown hair and eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue and red long sleeve shirt and grey long-sleeve T-shirt, a beige and white onesie, beige jeans and black and white socks. Joshua also suffers from asthma.

I don't know how to double quote but someone said the pic was from earlier in the day he went missing and my first post was saying.. I don't think it's form the same day because he's not wearing the same clothes.. but when I looked at the clothing description again that someone else posted I noticed that it may have actually been the same clothes..which is when I made my second post
Hope that makes sense........

OT: I can't remember who is allowed to report to NCMEC. Is it LE only or do they take info from parents only too?

(I know doe network and charley project have differing criteria).

TIA for anyone who knows the info.

Where in the house were all the adults?

My question after all of this: Has the mother ever supported the father's claim that he saw him? Every quote I've seen is that she asked and NO ONE HAD SEEN HIM.

~Respectfully snipped~

Good question -- where was everyone??? That home is very small - if there were possibly only two in the main area, mom in the br, g-gf in another br -- where was everyone else? The bathroom???

Also, good point about how mom first said when she asked, they all said they hadn't seen him. It was supposedly minutes earlier that Josh was pulling on dads hat. Why wouldn't dad (or one of the others) said "Yeah, he was just right here"? And when mom started panicking, why wouldn't dad say "relax, he was just here, he's got to be around here somewhere". Instead, they all panicked and started searching? Hmmmmm

I wonder if the shoes he is wearing in the picture were found in the house.

<snort> sorry but I had a giggle when you said "the bathroom???" YS.

I needed it too, I am getting a headache from reading and thinking about Joshua. Bless his heart.

Here's the outfit he had on in the pic on the NCMEC poster:

4d4da31ab3b5c.preview-300.jpg

But that just reflects what he looks like, it does not indicate that those are the clothes (and they don't match the description).

But it does seem that they like that "look" for him ... the t-shirt with the button-up over it.

I don't know what he meant, but no 18 month old should be outside unattended at any time. I do disagree with the dad that little Joshua would know his boundaries; not at his age. However on this night I don't believe he just wandered off into the cold night. MOO

panthera,
Same here. I don't know anyone who, when their children were 18 month old, allowed them to play alone outside. Never mind 18 month olds knowing boundaries. There is just no way. Plus ITS AGAINST THE LAW to allow children that age to play outside alone. At least in my state it is.

I will admit when the dad made the statement about Joshua knowing his bounderies, I wondered why he made that comment. IMO dads allowed Joshua to play outside alone before.

I'd really like to know if the visiting adults even saw Joshua that night. As someone mentioned above, the parents could have told differing stories about Joshua naping, bathing , etc.

Did anyone actually see him that night????

No scent found by the dogs, just scares me.
Praying for you precious Joshua.
all moo

What a good scenario. I haven't thought about that but I can see that happening. A total accident and one that makes the whole family fear for the younger baby.
Thanks gnger~snap. :)

I have to totally disagree with that line of thinking.

Lying to LE, faking a disappearance and involving multiple agencies in a fake search? Instead of calling 911 because there was an accident ??? I don't buy that at all. JMO

eta
Unless there were drugs there and the adults were all involved with the purchase, distribution, etc. But then, I wouldn't think they would report him missing at all.

Seeing that latest picture of him standing at the play table really brings home how young Joshua really is because my children are all almost grown and although I can recall them at 18 mos., Joshua is indeed still a baby. Also reading that he was wearing a diaper hit me too. :(

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members