TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting caught up (been away for the day). Re the father & play yard; there is a period that a child will not stray far as in so many feet from the mom, anyone know the age (believe or not there have been studies that supposedly prove this). :hand: I think Joshua falls into that age time frame?

ETA - He wouldn't have taken off in the dark, cold night on an adventure IMO.

Sorry to quote myself here but I want to compare that above quote from this one from Penshorn on NG (bbm)

respectfully snipped
Excellent points with links belimom. :seeya:

Sheesh, I sure we wish we knew who was where. Excellent point about the mom not mentioning the dad seeing Joshua. Why did the dad mention his son pulling his hat? I'm beginning that little bit of info has some meaning.

OT: I can't remember who is allowed to report to NCMEC. Is it LE only or do they take info from parents only too?

(I know doe network and charley project have differing criteria).

TIA for anyone who knows the info.

• ACT IMMEDIATELY if you believe that your child is missing.
    Download the Quick Reference Guide for Families in English or Spanish.
    What to Do:
  • If your child is missing from home, search the house checking closets, piles of laundry, in and under beds, inside large appliances, and inside vehicles, including trunks—wherever a child may crawl or hide.

• If you still cannot find your child, immediately call your local law enforcement agency.

• If your child disappears in a store, notify the store manager or security office. Then immediately call your local law-enforcement agency. Many stores have a Code Adam plan of action— if a child is missing in the store, employees immediately mobilize to look for the missing child.

• When you call law enforcement, provide your child's name, date of birth, height, weight, and any other unique identifiers such as eyeglasses and braces. Tell them when you noticed that your child was missing and what clothing he or she was wearing.

• Request that your child's name and identifying information be immediately entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Person File.

• After you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) on our toll-free telephone number: 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678). Or you can use our Live Hotline to talk to NCMEC through our web site.
http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=244

But that just reflects what he looks like, it does not indicate that those are the clothes (and they don't match the description).

But it does seem that they like that "look" for him ... the t-shirt with the button-up over it.

Correct --- I totally agree. I was posting it for peeples' reference. :)

I never did understand what the parallel criminal investigation was about Noway. Of course my first thought was drugs only because they are so prevalent and pop up in so many missing children cases. I see nothing to indicate to me that drugs were being used/sold etc. JMHO.

Or did I miss a correction on that and there is no parallel criminal investigation?

My RL is cutting way too much into my internet time lately. <sigh>.

Just getting caught up (been away for the day). Re the father & play yard. There is a period that a child will not stray far as in so many feet from the mom, anyone know the age (believe or not there have been studies that supposedly prove this). :hand: I think Joshua falls into that age time frame?

ETA - He wouldn't have taken off in the dark, cold night on an adventure.

I don't think it's hard and fast rule. At least that has not been my experience with nieces, nephews, and my own kids.

Just getting caught up (been away for the day). Re the father & play yard. There is a period that a child will not stray far as in so many feet from the mom, anyone know the age (believe or not there have been studies that supposedly prove this). :hand: I think Joshua falls into that age time frame?

ETA - He wouldn't have taken off in the dark, cold night on an adventure.

Dee, I'm not aware of that. I do know that some babies tend to get separation anxiety starting around 6 months old, but it usually passes around 2 yrs old or so. I think that not all children go through this phase.

I think it usually applies to being left or being approached by someone else, rather than the child choosing to leave/explore on their own, kwim?

(I used to teach child development but it was...geez... two decades ago? :eek:...:thud:)

I never did understand what the parallel criminal investigation was about Noway. Of course my first thought was drugs only because they are so prevalent and pop up in so many missing children cases. I see nothing to indicate to me that drugs were being used/sold etc. JMHO.

Or did I miss a correction on that and there is no parallel criminal investigation?

AFAIK the drug connection is JMO. I have not seen specifics about the parallel criminal investigation, but do know that sometimes people lie about one thing because they would have to admit to an unrelated crime.

eta
And the only thing that came to mind was a drug connection.

panthera,
Same here. I don't know anyone who, when their children were 18 month old, allowed them to play alone outside. Never mind 18 month olds knowing boundaries. There is just no way. Plus ITS AGAINST THE LAW to allow children that age to play outside alone. At least in my state it is.

I will admit when the dad made the statement about Joshua knowing his bounderies, I wondered why he made that comment. IMO dads allowed Joshua to play outside alone before.

I'd really like to know if the visiting adults even saw Joshua that night. As someone mentioned above, the parents could have told differing stories about Joshua naping, bathing , etc.

Did anyone actually see him that night????

No scent found by the dogs, just scares me.
Praying for you precious Joshua.
all moo

BBM --

Reminds me of a recent local story of a 1 y/o who drowned in the bathtub while mom was on Facebook in another room. Said her son "wanted to be alone", "He was independent and mature" and she "didn't want him to be a mama's boy".

Could this be something of the sort? Did they allow Josh to go out and play and something happened?

Also, in regards to the clothing he was wearing, am I mistaken, or did we get two different descriptions?

I don't think it's hard and fast rule. At least that has not been my experience with nieces, nephews, and my own kids.

No, I agree, and it was based on a study LOL...which I take with a grain or sometimes a huge grain of salt. But I do think it was somewhat accurate, but I can't pin-point the age frame & I wouldn't rely on a study to let my guard down YKWIM.

ETA - The study was in a toddlers age frame if you were say in a park that the child was running free, he/she would instinctively stay within X amount of feet by nature. Not saying if it is true, mind you.

Also just as an aside, we've all seen the lengths that predatory pedophiles will go to in order to obtain their victim...

I thought about it last night while I was laying down (just pondering not arguing for or against a theory) but I can only remember one incidence where a young girl was abducted from a party. For the life of me I can't remember her name right now but it was either a work associated party or holiday party that her Mom took her too and she was taken from that party. But that party wasn't in the child's home.

That is a very bold move IMHO. Anyone else remember offhand that case? If that is indeed what happened we are dealing with a predator that has a lot of experience more than likely to be that bold. KWIM?

IMO the parallel criminal investigation would be .
Kidnapping or abduction.
Homicide, something happening to him in the home.

I wonder if the "other baby" was under 2.

My latest theory (and they do change) is that Joshua was not in the house at the time they say he was (7:40 pm, 8 pm).

I would like to know when that photo was taken. Hours before he went missing? Or weeks before, but with the same outfit on?

It would be nice to have different theories blown to heck. Narrow the field.

Noway, I agree. Wish we could get some of the several other adults stories. If I had to go with anything right now, it'd be that Josh wasn't in the house at that time.

The Godmother to Joshua was interviewed by Univision and my spanish isn't good enough to understand everything she says, although I do know she was talking about Joshua I just didn't catch everything.

If we have a fluent spanish speaking member maybe they can have a look at the video and let us know if she states that she actually saw Joshua that day?

She was named (by the name of Godmother) as being in the trailer that night by Joshua's Mom on NG.

TIA.

Hi Guys, I am fluent in Spanish as I was born and raised in P.R. Here's the translation. BTW, the Godmother never says she was at the house that night.

http://univisionaustin.univision.com/noticias/video/2011-02-08/oran-por-bebe-joshua-davis

Praying for Baby Joshua in New Braunfels

EG (Joshua's Godmother): We do not believe he is dead. No. We know he is alive.

Reporter: The family of little Joshua Davis are waiting for him to come back home. His disappearance since last friday has prompted an intense search in New Braunfels, Texas.

EG: Everybody wants him to come back home.

Reporter: Today the search continued with local police officers concentrating on a perimeter of a mile and a half, searching outside nearby houses from where he was last seen.

SB (Joshua's Mom): Well, I mean there was only one person that was at the house last time....

Reporter: Joshua's mom assured us that there was only one person at her house the day her son disappeared.

LT. MP: Really we don't have anything specific as in suspects......

Reporter: The New Braunfels Police indicate that they do not have any suspects in this case. Nevertheless, the authorities have interviewed family and acquaintances.

LT. MP: As of right now we do not have specific indicators of where he may be...

Reporter: As of this moment, there is nothing that indicates where little Joshua may be, Police reiterates. Meanwhile, we can only remember him.

EG: All the time he had the most beautiful eyes and beautiful smile. I'm also not going to stop until he comes back home. I'm not going to stop.

Do we know why we haven't heard the 911 call???

I wonder about that too Noway.

That's the only time we saw mention of the "other baby" as far as I can tell. (your previous post on page 8 at the top IIRC)

Also is it just bad reporting as to why we are getting different numbers of adults in the home? I have seen 6 and 7 and 9.

Makes me dizzy to be honest. JMHO

Thank you so very much Janeumayer!

I didn't just want to hit the thanks button. Your work is very much appreciated!

SB (Joshua's Mom): Well, I mean there was only one person that was at the house last time....

Reporter: Joshua's mom assure us that there was only one person at her house the day her son disappeared.

Uhhhh, wait -- what happened to the several other people they have talked about? PLEASE don't tell me were going to do this "story changing game"!!!

YS the Mom spoke in English to the reporter from Univision. I didn't understand what the reporter had followed up after she spoke.

It was a sound bite not a complete statement as if she were asked a question and that there was a pause and then she answered. Her response was clearly edited (probably for fluidity and for time).

What really caught my ear is what she said:

SB (Joshua's Mom): Well, I mean there was only one person that was at the house last time...

Could it mean that more than one person came to the home on more than one occasion? (I thought of the rumor and speculation on the thread about people might have been coming and going...rumor and speculation!)

What do you think Janeumayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member