TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real life has prevented me from listening to BTH until today. Finally listening to it right now.

I just wanted to point out that although SB did say "his eye color was brown" when she was reading the missing child poster, she speaks of Joshua in present tense after that.

She is describing the door situation and baby Josh's inability to open the door by himself. She also speaks of his having asthma (as in he has asthma, not he had asthma).

I wanted to mention that for anyone who hasn't had a chance to listen to the show yet.

I do not think I could hold myself back in this situation. However, I am on medication for my impulsiveness... so I'm not a good reference point. I'm just too impulsive and I think at that point emotion would take over. I saw Josh Powell in the store once and I am still thankful I had my kids with me.

I cannot think of many parents who want their child back more, have shown more emotion in an eloquent manner and have done more productively to get him back, than Kaine and Desiree.

Yet, neither of them has ever cornered the person they think took their child and yelled at her, called her constantly, protested on her sidewalk, or tried to beat it out of her. It took them 8 months to even put up posters in her neighborhood. We have repeatedly commended Desiree for her restraint in this area.

They know she has a high priced lawyer.
They know that it wouldn't help their credibility in the case.
They have been told not to interfere by law enforcement and wanted to respect that.
They know they can't help their son or other kids from jail.
They know it probably wouldn't help anyway.
They don't know 100% where their son is and on that small chance he is alive... they don't want to risk it.

In Joshua's case,
I do not find it odd that his parents are not over there trying to get information from him either. For basically the same reasons.

They need as much credibility as they can get, taking the high road is best.

They can't do anything to help Joshua or his brothers from jail.

The person they suspect of taking their child has a close family member who is a lawyer. So he already had a built in attorney before this ever happened. Joshua's family doesn't have an attorney that we are aware of.

The person they suspect has family with some standing in the community, while obviously Joshua's family does not. I'm sure Joshua's family fears he would get preferential treatment. Joshua's family has said they believe this young man has done just that in the past.

Law enforcement has told them not to interfere I'm sure. Going against what LE tells you to do when your child is missing is not generally a good idea. (Unless it gets your child found, like Elizabeth Smart.)

Since LE has already made it sound like the friend didn't do it, there is very little chance the friend would say anything anyway. He would think he is close to getting away with it. Not many people confess to crime there is zero evidence of when LE is basically saying they didn't do it.

Nobody knows where Joshua is for sure. On that slim chance he is alive, you don't want to risk it.

Obviously this person they suspect isn't raising Joshua as his own at his house. However, if he is guilty, he may know where he is... maybe "adopted" him out or something. If you go over you could beat him more than you planned on (very possible when you are an angry family member). So while trying to beat out of him the location of your child, you could actually do the brain damage to make him forget it.

It was quite heartbreaking to listen to Joshua's parents on BTH. They are clearly in immense pain, the kind of pain none of us should ever have to experience.

I have to say that after listening to the show, I am not really any closer to figuring out what happened, why it happened, and where baby Joshua is now.

If LE is not taking the parents' concerns and beliefs about A. seriously, I don't know what else they can do to get to the truth. I hope LE is gathering information behind the scenes and trying to look at A. as much as possible despite the fact that he has a lawyer.

I can't fathom why a 19 year old would kidnap a toddler from people with whom he has been friends for some years. But there doesn't seem to be another likely kidnapper and there's still no sign of baby Joshua.

I hope SB in particular, and JD Sr. as well, will do more interviews on the radio or television. I found them so much easier to understand and relate to in this form of media than I do on FB or in the written news articles.

MOO

:(

I tried to write something worthwhile, something encouraging but it's hard. It really is.

I wonder how A first connected with this family.

He is much younger than the grandparents and (a few years) younger than the parents; older than the children. He's from a wealthy family in Houston and went to school in the New Braunfels area.

I know he hunted and would clean his deer there and give Je and family deer meat in exchange for doing so. eta (it's not a meat packing place ... at least not how it was described ... the tarp being used for the cleaning of the deer).

But the initial connection ... how did he become a "family friend"?

eta
I added (a few years) above. JD said A was 19 or 20; JD is about 23 and SB about 21? IDK

eta2
The child's parents, 23-year-old JD and 21-year-old SB, say they think Joshua, who suffers from [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]asthma[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], ...

Respectfully snipped and BBM...

If she wasn't handing out fliers, people would find something to say about that too.

The biggest issue I had with her was having D (minor) with them. But I sorta get that too. Their toddler had disappeared ... I'd want to keep my kids in sight too.

Do we know where the parents were doing these interviews from? They weren't together as far as I could tell since JD thought SB was already on the line.

From the interview, I got the impression that SB changed Joshua's pretty quickly if he spilled something on himself.

She said that LE took Josh's clothes that she had changed him out of, which made me wonder if he also had a bath, and if having a bath say 1-2 hours (just estimation on my part, no fact) before going missing would have affected the dogs' ability to track him.

There were times with my own son that it was easier to put him in the tub to clean him up (after eating spaghetti or pizza, for example) than to wash his hands and face with a wash cloth.

"I know" in my post above (snipped here) meant that I heard JD say it in the interview. I don't know for fact that this happened.

I know he hunted and would clean his deer there and give Je and family deer meat in exchange for doing so.

Do we know what time the last picture was supposedly taken? IIRC it was several hours earlier, but I don't believe a precise time was given. On the missing poster, the clothes are described as the same as in the picture. Anyone know?

here is a possible scenario
why the "younger friend" hangs out with sb and jd
the friend like sb , has jealousy she is not with him

something may have happened once between them
maybe that new baby is his and that is the reason the baby is not with her
right now
for safety reasons

could the friend have taken joshy out of jealousy, or anger that sb is carrying his baby and is not with him ?

sb in my opinion does not know what happened to joshy
but the friend took him out of jealousy maybe ,and is holding him till the case goes away and in his mind he thinks he is home free

he is rich
he has a good attorney

and when the case is forgotten
in his mind he will get his baby
he will get sb
and will have his family he wanted

here is a possible scenario
why the "younger friend" hangs out with sb and jd
the friend like sb , has jealousy she is not with him

something may have happened once between them
maybe that new baby is his and that is the reason the baby is not with her
right now
for safety reasons

could the friend have taken joshy out of jealousy, or anger that sb is carrying his baby and is not with him ?

sb in my opinion does not know what happened to joshy
but the friend took him out of jealousy maybe ,and is holding him till the case goes away and in his mind he thinks he is home free

he is rich
he has a good attorney

and when the case is forgotten
in his mind he will get his baby
he will get sb
and will have his family he wanted

This scenario seems quite unlikely to me. SB said she doesn't really know A, she only converses with him in a hi---bye type manner, unless they are both smoking a ciggy, and then it's small talk.

It would also be relatively easy to tell if the baby were mixed with black/hispanic or just white/hispanic. & if you look at the baby's pics, he looks a lot like baby Joshua...stealing a baby is not the brightest way to go about getting your "family" together, it's a good way to end up in jail for a lonnnngggg time--good lawyer or not. JMO

Did anyone else here Josh (the dad) say something along the lines of A being "the last one who left"?

I will listen again, but it made me wonder whether anyone had been at the house that day.

eta
(from my notes, not verbatim, need to listen again)
It had been 10-15 minutes since the last person left his house (the Aaron guy) Knew his son couldn’t get that far on foot.

Not great, but this is what I got out of the conversation:

Josh: Um, we started, um, looking through every room in the house. After we couldn’t find a sign of him at all in the house we went – some of us went to the front door and went out, some of us went to the back and we searched our whole yard from front to back real good. And we couldn’t find him in our yard, so then we started walking down the street because it’s in mobile home park. So we walked down the street. I drove down the street to the corner. I knew he couldn’t walk that quick – you know that far. Because in that amount of time, it wasn’t a long time. It had been 10-15 minutes maybe after another – since the last person left my house (the Aaron guy).

Let me know where I went wrong.

Bumping For Baby Josh - Where are you?

Missing tot's parents plead for public's help

Published 08:40 p.m., Tuesday, April 12, 2011

snipped

The boy's parents said they suspect a longtime family friend, who left shortly before the boy disappeared, could be involved. He gave conflicting versions of events that night — which door he left used to leave, for example — and claimed the tot tried to follow him out the door that night.
The parents say the man declined to take a polygraph test, never helped in the search, and has since avoided the family. They claim he has hired an attorney, but say police don't believe him to be a suspect.
New Braunfels police are saying little about the specifics of the case.
“It's still an open investigation,” said Lt. John McDonald. “We've still got people working on it every day, and we're still working with the FBI. We're committed to finding that little boy.”
The parents said they remain determined that their boy will come home.
“We still believe he's out there,” Benitez said. “We still need your help.”

Bumping Josh - where are you beautiful boy?

Josh: Um, we started, um, looking through every room in the house. After we couldn’t find a sign of him at all in the house we went – some of us went to the front door and went out, some of us went to the back and we searched our whole yard from front to back real good. And we couldn’t find him in our yard, so then we started walking down the street because it’s in mobile home park. So we walked down the street. I drove down the street to the corner. I knew he couldn’t walk that quick – you know that far. Because in that amount of time, it wasn’t a long time. It had been 10-15 minutes maybe after another – since the last person left my house (the Aaron guy).
====================================================

This makes me even MORE suspicious of the family friend, A.

This and the fact that he did not take a poly, did not help search, and has avoided the family since then.

I wonder how, exactly, the police have cleared him. Did they search his home or car or interrogate him? Probably not if he had an attorney.

====================================================

This makes me even MORE suspicious of the family friend, A.

This and the fact that he did not take a poly, did not help search, and has avoided the family since then.

I wonder how, exactly, the police have cleared him. Did they search his home or car or interrogate him? Probably not if he had an attorney.

The police have not cleared him, or anyone else except the sex offender who lived across the street. According to the D family, his car was searched but not until 2 days later. Also, there were searches conducted near A's home at least 2 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro