TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting
From the article posted by Jersey Girl:

Missing baby case painful reminder for family of New Braunfels toddler

New Braunfels Police have said evidence shows Joshua was possibly injured and then removed from the home before he was reported missing.

I hadn't thought of that, or heard it suggested, that there was a possibility Joshua may not have even been there when company arrived. I just took it for granted he was there, and people saw & interacted with him earlier. I don't believe any article has stated house guests saw him (or didn't see him?) before the festivities began (or have I missed something?). If guests were told he was napping when they got there, they wouldn't question it. This scenario would also explain why no one saw him slip out-he may not have been there to begin with. Holy cow. When was the last time someone apart from the family reported seeing him?

I can't believe the FBI was never called in to assist with this case. I remember when he was first reported missing. I was still married back then. Now divorced so many years later and that poor child is still missing. Someone knows something and they need to talk.

Interesting
From the article posted by Jersey Girl:

Missing baby case painful reminder for family of New Braunfels toddler

I hadn't thought of that, or heard it suggested, that there was a possibility Joshua may not have even been there when company arrived. I just took it for granted he was there, and people saw & interacted with him earlier. I don't believe any article has stated house guests saw him (or didn't see him?) before the festivities began (or have I missed something?). If guests were told he was napping when they got there, they wouldn't question it. This scenario would also explain why no one saw him slip out-he may not have been there to begin with. Holy cow. When was the last time someone apart from the family reported seeing him?

I followed this case very closely when it first unfolded. I remember very clearly how a few 'witnesses' described interacting with the baby that night. So if the article is correct, and he was never there while the guests were, then some people lied to LE and should be charged with something.

I followed this case very closely when it first unfolded. I remember very clearly how a few 'witnesses' described interacting with the baby that night. So if the article is correct, and he was never there while the guests were, then some people lied to LE and should be charged with something.

It's possible, if the visitors had frequent interaction with him in the past, they confused the timing of the interaction and convinced themselves they saw him that night, too, when they really didn't. Not saying they didn't lie, but the mind can play tricks on you.

If they did lie, I'm not sure what they could be charged with until something proves a crime has been committed and that they did, indeed, lie about it. I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry, I didn't know how to put it, but a lie can't be proven until the truth is found out, and the only way for that to happen is for Joshua to be found or someone to confess.

I feel like Joshua could have been snatched up by a stranger and hopefully is living a good life and is healthy and happy. I don't think he wondered off into the night to freeze to death in the elements. If that were the case then someone would have found a body or some evidence of a skeleton. I hope that one day Joshua will be reunited with his family but for now I really hope he was taken by someone who wanted a child and they are treating him like a prince. Not saying that taking a child is acceptable just hope he is still alive and doing well. At the age he went missing he wouldn't even remember anything.

I hope he's alive and well somewhere.
His case puzzles me. I don't know what to think. Half believes foul play, the other half thinks tragic accident, that he managed to slip out unnoticed somehow and just hasn't been found. I'd like to think if someone found him wandering they'd call the police and report it, but I suppose someone taking him home to raise as their own is a possibility, too.

I hope he's alive and well somewhere.
His case puzzles me. I don't know what to think. Half believes foul play, the other half thinks tragic accident, that he managed to slip out unnoticed somehow and just hasn't been found. I'd like to think if someone found him wandering they'd call the police and report it, but I suppose someone taking him home to raise as their own is a possibility, too.

Just to clarify, that was meant to read "Half of me believes", so folks know that I'm speaking only for myself and not referring to half of everybody or any group, etc.

Joshua Jayvaughn Davis Jr. – The Charley Project

For anyone who doesn't want to go to the start of the thread.

joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._9.jpg
joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._1.jpg
joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._11.jpg
davis_joshua_ap.jpg

I am so baffled by the friend that left the house... How the heck does this even happen?

When I first started with the details of this case, I thought oh no, did the child die and then it became a clean up/hide the evidence issue. As I went further, it became quite evident that at least in my mind... something is up. That friend that left is problematic to me. I hope they can find out what happened. Hopefully The Vanished podcast episode will bring to light more information and new life to this case that is seemingly just.. cold.

Joshua Jayvaughn Davis Jr. – The Charley Project

For anyone who doesn't want to go to the start of the thread.

joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._9.jpg
joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._1.jpg
joshua_jayvaughn_davis_jr._11.jpg
davis_joshua_ap.jpg

I am so baffled by the friend that left the house... How the heck does this even happen?

When I first started with the details of this case, I thought oh no, did the child die and then it became a clean up/hide the evidence issue. As I went further, it became quite evident that at least in my mind... something is up. That friend that left is problematic to me. I hope they can find out what happened. Hopefully The Vanished podcast episode will bring to light more information and new life to this case that is seemingly just.. cold.

Reading between the lines in the article I'm linking, it appears possibly some of the family members' behavior before the 911 call was made is suspect as well. I haven't read where the friend is a POI, but from what I have read, it's the family implicating him. I would love to read those witness statements mentioned in the article, but understand why we can't.

"Every person that was inside the house the night of Joshua's disappearance has been interviewed multiple times. So, at this point, again, we believe that the family and those that were in the house that night have not been fully truthful with the information about the events that night. And we're asking them to search deep within their hearts," David Ferguson with the New Braunfels Police Department said in 2016.

Detectives said an abduction or the possibility that Josh simply left on his own have been ruled out. Instead, their lengthy ongoing investigation leads them to believe the baby was injured and removed from the home. The chance that he is still alive is slim, said detectives.

BBM for focus It sounds like to me they've possibly ruled out the friend abducting Joshua. I also wonder if they found any trace physical evidence that he was injured, but not enough to draw a conclusion. This scenario is eerily similar to Ayla Reynold's disappearance.

911 call reporting New Braunfels baby missing released 8 years into investigation

Reading between the lines in the article I'm linking, it appears possibly some of the family members' behavior before the 911 call was made is suspect as well. I haven't read where the friend is a POI, but from what I have read, it's the family implicating him. I would love to read those witness statements mentioned in the article, but understand why we can't.

BBM for focus It sounds like to me they've possibly ruled out the friend abducting Joshua. I also wonder if they found any trace physical evidence that he was injured, but not enough to draw a conclusion. This scenario is eerily similar to Ayla Reynold's disappearance.

911 call reporting New Braunfels baby missing released 8 years into investigation
Listening to the vanished podcast episode of this, I felt that all their behavior was HIGHLY suspicious. I just don't understand how a small child vanishes with that many people around....

Listening to the vanished podcast episode of this, I felt that all their behavior was HIGHLY suspicious. I just don't understand how a small child vanishes with that many people around....

I think there is the suspicion of drug activity that may not be related to Joshua's disappearance, so that may account for some of their suspicious behavior.

I have never forgotten this story. It was really good to hear in this podcast some information that I didn't know before like the mother passed her poly. We knew I believe the father & grandfather failed theirs. They have phone evidence as well as the grandfather took off for a drive somewhere. Both the father and grandfather are a POI more so than anyothera adult and I believe the friend was basically ruled out.

There is an interesting comment from a neighbor that lived two doors from them & spoke with the mother when she was looking for Joshua. EPISODE 175: Joshua Davis Jr.

Last edited:

Thank you for posting the podcast Dee10

Hearing the communications officer convey the inconsistencies given by the family speaks volumes to me. The Officer insisted the family friend has cooperated, before and after hiring a lawyer. Officer also confirmed the family friend was not there at the time Joshua went missing. Why is the family insisting otherwise? It's difficult to know who to believe when the family and the police are at odds.

I didn't know Joshua wandered in and out of the back room while he was watching the movie with his mother. I thought he'd been there the whole time, then got up and left once, never to return. That appears not to be the case.

If you listen to the recording from Fox7, the mother says" at the end of the day nobody is knocking at my door and it means they have not found nothing"? Makes ya pause..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back