Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who used Julie's credit card at Best Buy on April 7th? This was days after she went missing. Julie's mom said it wasn't Julie.

I've been following Julie's thread from the beginning, but have yet to comment until now.

I watched the 2nd Dr. Phil show and also feel that George is responsible for Julie's disappearance. At the end of the show, I was surprised to hear Dr. Phil say that APD was going to give George and Julie's boyfriend a polygraph. Did we know that Julie had a present boyfriend? I don't remember that being said here.

Also, if the search warrant was served the same day the Dr. Phil show aired, then obviously ole George is out of the hospital. Hmmmm....doesn't seem like he needed to be there long. *rolleyes*

I can't figure out what was in the evidence bag they removed from the home. A real odd shape!

George seemed to have a smirk in the one still shot above. :furious: Wonder how long it will take for an arrest.

I've been following Julie's thread from the beginning, but have yet to comment until now.

I watched the 2nd Dr. Phil show and also feel that George is responsible for Julie's disappearance. At the end of the show, I was surprised to hear Dr. Phil say that APD was going to give George and Julie's boyfriend a polygraph. Did we know that Julie had a present boyfriend? I don't remember that being said here.

Also, if the search warrant was served the same day the Dr. Phil show aired, then obviously ole George is out of the hospital. Hmmmm....doesn't seem like he needed to be there long. *rolleyes*

I can't figure out what was in the evidence bag they removed from the home. A real odd shape!

George seemed to have a smirk in the one still shot above. :furious: Wonder how long it will take for an arrest.

ITA!

George gave me the creeps and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end! It is quite apparent to me at least that his suicide stroy wasn't true. It was another means for attention on him-away from JULIE! Away from the fact that he failed a poly and there is no other explanation for that other than he is lying. I hope that for once and for all the APD get their act together and find her, and the person responsible for her disappearance!

It nauseates me the way they treated this from day one. How they treated her family and loved ones! Shame, shame on the APD. Lets just hope no evidence was lost because of it. :furious::furious::furious:

IIRC it was JVM that her family reported that Julie had begun to date and there was a particular fellow she was dating.

They never said his name. I haven't seen it reported either.

Puf do me a favor?

When he is speaking spanish to his mother, he pauses and says "I did lie" or I thought that is what he said.

Could that have been a slip? While he is denying that he knows, he inadvertently says "I did lie"?

Odd phrasing there, it just caught my ear. I could be wrong.

I'm not the one you asked ;) but to me it sounded like "no estoy hecho de mentiras" -- literally translated as "I'm not made of lies." The sound on the video (at least on my system) keeps giving a tiny hiccup where I'm assuming the "de" is, though.

ETA: The captions seem accurate.

Thank you so much amy! I am not fluent and his whining made it very hard for me to understand him. I really needed him to slow down and talk as if he were talking to a four yr old if I am to understand LOL.

I found it very interesting on the the Dr Phil show when his mother said to him "What did you do George"? almost like she knew he had to have done something to her or that he is capable of doing something to her. He gives me the total creeps...

Husband - George de la Cruz stating that Julie Ann Gonzalez asked him to watch the kids for a few days. Husband is cooperating with police.

George is not cooperating with the police. He wouldn't give them his computer. And he is lying like a rug.

I did get to watch Dr. P yesterday (part 2 of the show that initially aired on May 7.)

It was reported that the APD would be conducting another LDT for Geo. and also one for Julie's current BF.

It was reported that APD went the hospital that Geo. was admitted to re-interview him.

I would like to know when that Dr. P show was filmed. He doesn't do a live show does he?

Geo. reported that he was on Lexapro but had stopped taking it (no bearing on case just wanted to notate that).

The search warrant was executed on Geo.'s Mother's home on May 14 (same day the second part aired on Dr. P).

I wonder if the current BF has taken his LDT yet?

I'm not sure what that piece of evidence is in the picture above (wrapped in brown paper and being carried by two men). FWIW, I was packed out the past three days for an overseas move. I was up close when my own mattress (queen size) and my children's (one full, two twins) were carried out to be crated for the move and they didn't have that shape and size.

Any thoughts on what might be under the wraps?
I thought I saw a video where the mom or the aunt said she didn't have a boyfriend?

I found it very interesting on the the Dr Phil show when his mother said to him "What did you do George"? almost like she knew he had to have done something to her or that he is capable of doing something to her. He gives me the total creeps...
George did not have any tears when he was "crying". Anyone notice that?

While the family was on JVM the ex called in and wanted to have his say too. He sounded credible, IMO. Volunteered to take a lie detector test and have the home searched more, said he wants to be involved because his daughter is suffering. So if he's the bad guy, he's a great actor. We've seen these great actors before, but rarely do they call in to national TV and chat.
Remember, he would not give his computer over to the police. Anyone know why the police didn't just take it?

In the 2nd Dr. Phil interview, after the ldt, George said to his mother that he was with her all the time so he didn't have time to do anything [to Julie]. The police or Julies family need to put some pressure on George's mother to see if he was telling the truth about him being with her. And if he was lying, I hope to God that the mother comes forward with that truth.

Thank you so much amy! I am not fluent and his whining made it very hard for me to understand him. I really needed him to slow down and talk as if he were talking to a four yr old if I am to understand LOL.

Amy gets my thanks, too. That whining made it hard for me, too.

This guy is sooo guilty. He's looked guilty to me from the first video...the one where he's talking to the reporter and he's flailing his arms all around, won't look her in the face, looks at the ground when he talks... it's the video in which he has the scratches on the side of his nose.

This guy scares me. I think he could do anything.

I thought I saw a video where the mom or the aunt said she didn't have a boyfriend?

On 27 April D. Cooper (Julies Aunt said the following on the JVM show)

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: Dora, I have to go back to this question with you. Are you sure that she did not meet anybody else?

COOPER: I am positive.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So no dating?

COOPER: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Because sometimes when you break up with somebody, you date somebody else.

COOPER: You know, I have access to her phone messages, to everything. I have access to her e-mail. There`s nothing to indicate that anything else was going on.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

I was wrong in my recollections! It was on the Part 1 of the Dr. P show (which I have not seen a full transcript or full video uploaded of the 2 part show)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Julie Ann Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010

Cloudajo posted a summary of what was said on the 07 May 10 show. ^

There was also mention of a "james" a web designer. Nothing more has been said of him. IMVHO this James is a red herring.

On part 2 of the the 2 part Dr. P show (aired 14 May 10 I think?) Dr. P a guest on the Dr. P show who was interfacing between Dr. P and the APD reported that he had spoken to the APD and that George and the unnamed man that Julie had dated prior to her disappearance were going to have LDT's.

Hope I got all that right. Someone please correct me if I mis-stated? :)

ETA: I should not have used the word BF in reference to a man that Julie was said to have started dating prior to her going missing. I apologize! Very much so.

I didn't see either of the Dr. Phil shows. Can someone tell me who was the person who mentioned a James?

I didn't see either of the Dr. Phil shows. Can someone tell me who was the person who mentioned a James?

I don't remember that "James" was discussed on Dr. P. (but I may have missed that).

Here is what was said about that on JVM justhinkin.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/28/ijvm.01.html

snipped:

S. SOTO: Well, there was a friend of hers that came forward several days after we reported her missing saying that she held back some information and she wanted to let us know what it was.

So she called -- I talked to her on the phone and she said, "I need to let you know something very important. Julie texted me and said that she met some guy named James who is a web designer who bought a new house in Colorado and he`s taking me away for the weekend to show me a good time."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. James, a web designer. Ok. Well, we know, Mike Brooks, that a lot of untoward people have used the Internet posing as --

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Oh, yes. Sure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- web designers and other people like that and they`ve seduced people over the Internet where they can create whatever persona they want...
NOTE: I watched this show and Julie's Uncle and Aunt were speaking over other guests so it was a bit confusing. The next statement was about messages from Geo's dead uncle but that wasn't connected to the "James". JMHO.

and from same episode:

snipped:

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, ok. These are interesting theories. I want to ask whoever knows the most about James the Web designer. Was it Dora?

S. SOTO: Oh no, that would be me, Sandra.

G. SOTO: That`s actually a smoke screen.

S. SOTO: That would be me, Sandra.

COOPER: And that is a smoke screen.

S. SOTO: That is just a text message that Julie`s friend received.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.

S. SOTO: It wasn`t a voice phone call. It was a text message out of Julie`s text -- her cell phone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So, Gil, you`re the uncle.

S. SOTO: So we don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you think about this James text?

G. SOTO: Well, you know, texts have come into Julie`s phone from -- like I said, the dead uncle. Random texts, anonymous calls, things of that nature, and this is just another one; this is just another smoke screen...
In the same show there is discussion of a friend of Julie's that said she had held back info (I am thinking it was about James) and she was questioned by LE.

another episode:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.html

snipped:

...VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you think about this James text?

G. SOTO: Well, you know, texts have come into Julie`s phone from -- like I said, the dead uncle, random texts, anonymous calls, things of that nature. And this is just another one. This is just another smoke screen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gil, you`re the uncle. You`ve been very vocal about this so-called Web designer. How did the family learn about this mystery man, James the Web designer? And do you think he exists?

G. SOTO: No, I don`t. I don`t think he exists. And it came up through a supposed friend of Julie`s who we have not heard from anymore. We heard from her one time. And now she just doesn`t want to speak to anyone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well...

G. SOTO: And that`s where it`s at right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Sandra, you`re the mom. Explain the Web designer and this -- this girl came up to you and said, "Oh, I don`t know what to say." She`s hanging her head low. And then she said she met a guy called James. What`s the story, very briefly?

S. SOTO: Well, she just told me, you know, "I`m sorry I kept this information from you," because she came to me a few days after we reported Julie missing. And she was just hanging her head low, you know, just saying, "I shouldn`t be here. I shouldn`t be talking to you."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What did she say about James?

S. SOTO: She just said, "Julie texted me saying that she had met James at her work and that he was a Web designer and that he had..."
There is a bit more discussion but I can't copy and paste and stay within TOS.

There were three JVM shows that talked about Julie.

27 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/27/ijvm.01.html

28 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/28/ijvm.01.html

29 APR 2010
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/29/ijvm.01.htm

George hired an atty and not cooperating. On video it was said he’s been questioned by police 4 times.

=======
Missing woman's family desperate for answers
by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News
Posted on May 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Updated yesterday at 6:16 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman says they are desperate for answers as the search for Julie Ann Gonzalez continues. Gonzalez was last seen more than seven weeks ago.

[snipped]
“I don’t think there was any new evidence found. It’s just since he did hire an attorney, and we’re not cooperating with them, they didn’t have any choice but to get a warrant and make sure there isn’t anything there, and again there isn’t,” said Austin Attorney Patrick Fagerberg, who is now representing De La Cruz.

Fagerberg said Austin police questioned his client several times and he always cooperated. He maintains De La Cruz knows nothing of Gonzalez’s disappearance.

“My client had nothing to do with it -- he’s maintained that from the beginning, and continues to maintain that. I think when it’s all said and done, those facts will come out,” said Fagerberg.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Missing-womans-family-desperate-for-answers-94200424.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back