Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Troubling if Julie and George’s daughter is still staying with George at all. Julie's mom believes that after the Dr. Phil show, police have stepped up their game.
========
Missing girl's Mom: husband has info
Mother wants estranged husband to clear his name
Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 6:11 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 1:42 PM CDT

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Sandra Soto has spent the last six weeks hoping for any sign of her missing daughter Julie Ann Gonzalez.

Now after a search of Julie’s estranged husband’s house and an appearance on “Dr. Phil,” she believes George De La Cruz might have what she has been hoping for.

“I have been asking George to clear his name,” said Soto. “I am not pointing the finger at George, I just am asking him to clear his name if he has nothing to hide so the investigation can go on.

De La Cruz and Gonzalez were going through a divorce at the time of Gonzalez’s disappearance in March. The two shared joint custody of their two-year-old daughter, but now the girl is splitting time between De La Cruz and Soto.

[snipped]
Police are investigating however Soto says she has received very little information about where investigators stand. She does believe the national television appearance has caused a sense of urgency. “I feel after the show, they stepped up their game.”

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/missing-girl's-mom:-husband-has-info

Thank you for the links cloudajo.

Prayers for Julie's family especially her Mother who has handled this with grace and far more dignity that I could ever imagine doing myself.

I feel we need to pray for George's mom also. I don't think any mother raises a child hoping he will turn out like that. Getting a lawyer was the only smart move I've seen of George. His mother must have realized the need for that.
Is this pro bono? Where did George get the money for that? Does anyone who thinks George is culpable believe he must have had help? He doesn't look that muscular (looks lazy & flabby) to move a 140# body around without obvious signs. I sure hope visits with his daughter are supervised. Sorry for my rambling...pent up frustration on this case. Thanks everyone for the links and updates!

I would like to know if George was living in his mother's house when Julie disappeared, and secondly if the other residents of that home were home that weekend or if they'd gone off for the weekend leaving George alone. One thing's for certain, and that's that he had to have had the opportunity to do something to Julie.

BUMP!

JVM just started here. She's going to have a segment on the man who gave the LDT to George.

I'll take notes until we can get the vid :)

ETA: I'm going to wait and not post my notes. A transcript should be available soon.

Issues with Jane-Velez Mitchell - Transcript
May 19, 2010

Starts about 3/4 down the page:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/19/ijvm.01.html

I watched JVM last night and am so annoyed with a couple of things. Number one-Pat Brown criminal profiler, what a joke IMO. So big freaking deal that George came on and talked, and yapped and professed to help in finding Julie. Does anyone not recall Scott Peterson?! :banghead:

If I am putting my money on which professional I am believing here it is without a doubt James Trimarcco ex fbi profiler and Polygrapher! IMO Pat Brown is as useless as they come and rarely have I seen her come out to be correct!

I am hoping and praying that APD is on this case and due to their complete lack of professionalism early on finding Julie, and loss of evidence etc. doesn't become an issue. After seeing George on Dr. Phil there is no doubt in my mind that this man did something to his wife! JMHO!

I feel we need to pray for George's mom also. I don't think any mother raises a child hoping he will turn out like that. Getting a lawyer was the only smart move I've seen of George. His mother must have realized the need for that.
Is this pro bono? Where did George get the money for that? Does anyone who thinks George is culpable believe he must have had help? He doesn't look that muscular (looks lazy & flabby) to move a 140# body around without obvious signs. I sure hope visits with his daughter are supervised. Sorry for my rambling...pent up frustration on this case. Thanks everyone for the links and updates!

maybe the help came from the woman who used the debit card once. Do they have a picture of her?

maybe the help came from the woman who used the debit card once. Do they have a picture of her?

I believe the video was shown by LE to Julie's mom, but video and/or picture has not been released to the public. I can't think of a good reason why it hasn't been released at this point.

I believe the video was shown by LE to Julie's mom, but video and/or picture has not been released to the public. I can't think of a good reason why it hasn't been released at this point.

They SHOULD have released the video. At the VERY LEAST she is guilty of using the card...and who knows HOW she got the card in the first place! Maybe they should try to find her and ask her!! Sometimes I wonder what LE is thinking when someone goes missing...:banghead:

I missed this video before. I had wondered about what time George said Julie came to pick up their daughter. This video says George told Julie’s mom it was between 10 and 11 AM that Friday (March 26). I wish we knew who was at George’s house that day and at what time (mother? father? other relatives?).

KVUE - Video from April 13, 2010

Starting at -1:37

• Reporter: “Soto recounts what the husband told her.”
  • Sandra (Julie’s mom): “And he said she showed up anywhere between 10 and 11 in his house, and said you know, I have to go away, she said I have to go away for a few days, can you watch her for the weekend. And then that was it.
  • Reporter: “No one has spoken to her since the husband reported seeing her that morning, March 26.”
  • Sandra: “Messages were coming out of her phone, but no phone calls, no phone conversations.”
  • Reporter: “Messages have also popped up on Myspace, but the family doesn’t believe they’re from her. Her little sister says they’re not the same positive messages Gonzalez posted before she disappeared.”
Shows computer screen with some posts of after and before she went missing:

Julie Gonzalez Just wanted to say im ok and that people shouldnt worry about me and to stop bothering me i want to enjoy my time
(Note: This is partially cut off on the video but I have it from Julie’s cached Myspace page)
Mood: adventurous
Posted at 9:40 PM Mar 27 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez It’s the start of a new week. Hope it goes w
(Note: I can’t see the rest, maybe well?)
Mood: hopeful
Posted at 7:41 AM March 22 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez yaay so happy
  • SP (Julie’s sister): “Looking at these posts up on Myspace, I’m thinking, there’s something wrong here. I don’t think that’s my sister.”
  • Reporter: “And no one here believes she would ever leave her 2 year old daughter behind.”
http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html

Jane-Velez Mitchell
May 20, 2010

Starts about ¾ down on the page.

Guests:
Patrick Fagerberger, Attorney for George De la Cruz
Criminal profiler Brent Turvey
Jack Trimarco who administered the polygraph test to George
Julie`s mom, Sandra Soto

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s talk about the polygraph.

FAGERBERGER: The polygraph. The polygraph, Jane -- obviously they have never been admissible in court. And the reason they`ve never been admissible in court is because it`s never been considered a true science. It`s a voodoo science at best and it`s the polygrapher who -- subjective analysis of the data determines whether or not it`s a fail or a pass.

So I personally and anybody in my field, have no faith and put no validity in a lie detector test one way or the other.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So first of all we`re going to talk to the polygraph examiner in a moment. But why did he take it then if he thinks it`s voodoo science?

FAGERBERGER: Well, Jane, I was not hired at the time. I do not know. I know -- I know he has nothing to hide. Feels he has nothing to hide, had nothing to hide. Furthermore, I think you really need to look at the motivation of the polygrapher.

Here is a kid who is on the "Dr. Phil Show". Dr. Phil and his polygrapher take advantage of a kid who doesn`t understand the consequences whether they`re not legal --

[snipped]

FAGERBERGER: Well again, Jane, I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph. People generally think that they`re reliable. So when you have an innocent kid who is doing everything he can to help APD in a missing person search, get on a TV show and have some polygrapher say that he failed a test, of course he`s going to be emotional, because they don`t understand that polygraphers are not reliable.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, let`s -- you`ve made your point about that, and we`re going to get the other side in a moment. What is George doing to find Julie?

FAGERBERG: George has done numerous, numerous interviews with APD. He`s cooperated in every shape and form since she went missing. After APD determined that -- they turned it into a criminal investigation as opposed to a missing person investigation, it obviously was very prudent for him to seek counsel.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/20/ijvm.01.html

[snipped]

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but Sandra Soto, you`re the mother of the missing girl. You`re saying, "Hey, she may not have sent that message. Whoever has her cell phone may have sent it after she was abducted." Is that correct?

SANDRA SOTO, JULIE ANN GONZALEZ`S MOTHER: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, let me ask you this.

SOTO: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: One of the big questions, because when you first -- when we first really broke this story nationally here on ISSUES, you were very upset that police didn`t do a whole bunch of stuff. And one of the things you were upset about was they didn`t check the pings to find out where those -- those text messages were coming from, where that cell phone had been.

Have you heard anything from the police about whether they checked the pings, which could solve the case?

SOTO: I haven`t heard anything. They haven`t told me anything it`s an ongoing investigation. I call them every day. I call them several times a day. But I understand they`re doing their job and they cannot share with me, you know, what I want to know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I don`t know about that. I mean, I have questions about that, because I know in some cases they do share bits and pieces if it`s -- you`re a mother who`s sitting there, you haven`t seen your daughter in a long time, you don`t know if she`s dead or alive. This is making you and your entire family frustrated and devastated. I would think they could communicate with you to a certain degree.

Jane-Velez Mitchell
May 20, 2010

Starts about ¾ down on the page.

Guests:
Patrick Fagerberger, Attorney for George De la Cruz
Criminal profiler Brent Turvey
Jack Trimarco who administered the polygraph test to George
Julie`s mom, Sandra Soto

[snipped]
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s talk about the polygraph.

FAGERBERGER: The polygraph. The polygraph, Jane -- obviously they have never been admissible in court. And the reason they`ve never been admissible in court is because it`s never been considered a true science. It`s a voodoo science at best and it`s the polygrapher who -- subjective analysis of the data determines whether or not it`s a fail or a pass.

So I personally and anybody in my field, have no faith and put no validity in a lie detector test one way or the other.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So first of all we`re going to talk to the polygraph examiner in a moment. But why did he take it then if he thinks it`s voodoo science?

FAGERBERGER: Well, Jane, I was not hired at the time. I do not know. I know -- I know he has nothing to hide. Feels he has nothing to hide, had nothing to hide. Furthermore, I think you really need to look at the motivation of the polygrapher.

Here is a kid who is on the "Dr. Phil Show". Dr. Phil and his polygrapher take advantage of a kid who doesn`t understand the consequences whether they`re not legal --

[snipped]

FAGERBERGER: Well again, Jane, I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph. People generally think that they`re reliable. So when you have an innocent kid who is doing everything he can to help APD in a missing person search, get on a TV show and have some polygrapher say that he failed a test, of course he`s going to be emotional, because they don`t understand that polygraphers are not reliable.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, let`s -- you`ve made your point about that, and we`re going to get the other side in a moment. What is George doing to find Julie?

FAGERBERG: George has done numerous, numerous interviews with APD. He`s cooperated in every shape and form since she went missing. After APD determined that -- they turned it into a criminal investigation as opposed to a missing person investigation, it obviously was very prudent for him to seek counsel.

Thank you cloudajo! Mr. Fagerberg is acting exactly like a defense attn. I wouldn't expect anything less from him to be honest. He's playing on George's youth. (good defense tactic to attempt to create sympathy for his client)
JMHO
I have the feeling that using the phrase "I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph." In particular the word ignorance is going to be a learning lesson for him as a defense attn. IMHO the general public doesn't like to be referred to as ignorant. But then again it's JMHO.

LE and we are probably not going to get any more info from George. JMHO.

I missed this video before. I had wondered about what time George said Julie came to pick up their daughter. This video says George told Julie’s mom it was between 10 and 11 AM that Friday (March 26). I wish we knew who was at George’s house that day and at what time (mother? father? other relatives?).

KVUE - Video from April 13, 2010

Starting at -1:37

• Reporter: “Soto recounts what the husband told her.”
  • Sandra (Julie’s mom): “And he said she showed up anywhere between 10 and 11 in his house, and said you know, I have to go away, she said I have to go away for a few days, can you watch her for the weekend. And then that was it.
  • Reporter: “No one has spoken to her since the husband reported seeing her that morning, March 26.”
  • Sandra: “Messages were coming out of her phone, but no phone calls, no phone conversations.”
  • Reporter: “Messages have also popped up on Myspace, but the family doesn’t believe they’re from her. Her little sister says they’re not the same positive messages Gonzalez posted before she disappeared.”
Shows computer screen with some posts of after and before she went missing:

Julie Gonzalez Just wanted to say im ok and that people shouldnt worry about me and to stop bothering me i want to enjoy my time
(Note: This is partially cut off on the video but I have it from Julie’s cached Myspace page)
Mood: adventurous
Posted at 9:40 PM Mar 27 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez It’s the start of a new week. Hope it goes w
(Note: I can’t see the rest, maybe well?)
Mood: hopeful
Posted at 7:41 AM March 22 from mobile

Julie Gonzalez yaay so happy
  • SP (Julie’s sister): “Looking at these posts up on Myspace, I’m thinking, there’s something wrong here. I don’t think that’s my sister.”
  • Reporter: “And no one here believes she would ever leave her 2 year old daughter behind.”
http://www.kvue.com/news/Family-of-missing-mother-pleads-for-help-90782729.html

Now that the nature of the investigation has changed. Let's hope that LE also got a subpoena for the pings on Julie's phone in addition to the one they got for George's house.

Now that the nature of the investigation has changed. Let's hope that LE also got a subpoena for the pings on Julie's phone in addition to the one they got for George's house.

Kat I really hope so given they way they bungled this investigation from day one. JMHO I really truly hope they are doing double duty to find Julie for her family. I have a really strange feeling that whoever was making the myspace comments, using Julie's phone and charge card will have something to do with George. My bets on him. JMO

I feel sick inside because they may have lost so much evidence from her car once it was repossesed. Her family practically had to shame the APD to do their jobs. Shame on them! :furious::furious::furious:

Lastly on George's polygraph it wasn't a mild fail, we are talking a negative -14. On Dr. Phil I could see right through his fake emotions with no tears.That's not even close and James trimarrco is one of the very best polygraphers out there today. His credentials are awesome!

Anais, I respect JT also as a polygrapher and as a retired profiler. I thought he approached the situation as he should have.

P. Brown frosts my cookies and I rarely ever pay attention to what she has to say. LOL. She's one of the TH's that I mentally tune out :)

Thank you cloudajo! Mr. Fagerberg is acting exactly like a defense attn. I wouldn't expect anything less from him to be honest. He's playing on George's youth. (good defense tactic to attempt to create sympathy for his client)
JMHO
I have the feeling that using the phrase "I think it goes to show the ignorance that people have regarding a polygraph." In particular the word ignorance is going to be a learning lesson for him as a defense attn. IMHO the general public doesn't like to be referred to as ignorant. But then again it's JMHO.

LE and we are probably not going to get any more info from George. JMHO.

I know, I would expect it, but it just burns me up!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missnurse09
Back