Deceased/Not Found TX - Julie Gonzalez, 21, Austin, 26 March 2010 *G de la Cruz Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html

by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on June 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Updated today at 5:32 PM

The family of a missing Austin woman is now offering $20,000 for information about her disappearance.

Julie Ann Gonzalez was last seen more than ten weeks ago.

Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

Corpus said he never saw the men before or anytime after.

You can watch the neighbor on the video describing this...the neighbor said at 2PM he watched Julie Ann drive up in a Chevy Impala with the 2 hispanic men...I wish the reporter asked for more specifics.

[snipped]
Now a neighbor says he watched Julie Ann drive up to her former home on Garden Oaks Drive the day she disappeared on March 26Th.

The neighbor said she was accompanied by two Hispanic men, who got out of the vehicle and walked to the backyard of the home without knocking on the door.

“She looked at me and I looked at her and I’m driving and thinking who are those guys? Who are those guys? Because here we look after each other,” said neighbor Jesse Corpus.

[snipped]
Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-family-continue-search-for-missing-woman-95813884.html

Did any of my fellow Central Texans make it to the benefit this evening? I couldn't go, but happened to pass by there en route to another place, and it looked packed. I hope they raised enough money for a private investigator to tell the family what's happened to Julie Ann...

You can watch the neighbor on the video describing this...the neighbor said at 2PM he watched Julie Ann drive up in a Chevy Impala with the 2 hispanic men...I wish the reporter asked for more specifics.

[snipped]

[snipped]
Fagerberg maintains that De La Cruz had no part in Julie Ann’s disappearance. He said he picked up his sisters, shopped at Wal-Mart, and ate at McDonald’s the day she disappeared in March.

I wonder what year that Chevy Impala is...

Is LE doing anything in this case? Or does Texas just wait for bodies to turn up? There has been a number of bodies in the past month or so but no follow-up, at least not that I can find.

June 28, 2010

The family of Julie Ann Gonzalez is seeking help finding their loved one from the family of Natalee Holloway. Gonzalez has been missing for more than three months.

The Natalee Holloway Resource Center launched earlier in June. It is named for the teen who disappeared in Aruba more than five years ago. The disappearance of 21-year-old, Julie Ann Gonzalez, is the first case from Central Texas for the Center.

Sandra Soto reached out to the center on Thursday in hopes of getting more attention on her missing daughter.

"I miss my daughter, I want to see her, I want to know where my daughter is,” Soto said. “We're a close family. Her daughter needs her."

[snipped]
Austin Police released a statement Monday saying they continue to look at all possible explanations for Gonzalez's disappearance.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/Holloway-Family-Helping-Find-Missing-Mom-20100628-ktbcw

July 15, 2010
Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell

Patrick Fagerberg, attorney for George de la Cruz
Sandra Soto, Julie’s mother

Fagerberg says that L (2 year old daughter of Julie and George) made an “outcry” to George’s mother that Sandra was hitting her in the face. Fagerberg says he advised them to not give Sandra anymore access to L and to take her to CPS. Sandra said it’s another scheme by George and CPS never investigated her.

There is hearing coming up on August 5th regarding custody of L.

=====
PATRICK FAGERBERG, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE DE LA CRUZ: [snipped]
When L**** came home and made an outcry that Sandra was hitting her in the face, I told my client to not give her access anymore to Sandra. The next day, my client took his daughter to Child Protective Services, where they did a forensic interview. And they determined through three different workers that her outcry was credible.
Since then, I told my family --
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.
UM1: -- do not give her access. She -- apparently, Sandra has lawyered up and is trying to gain legal access.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, I`ve got to say this. We called child -- Texas Child Protective Services. They would not comment and the cops are saying nothing. We cannot independently confirm the serious charges.

[snipped]
SANDRA SOTO, JULIE ANN GONZALEZ`S MOM: Ridiculous. Ridiculous. It`s just another one of George`s schemes. Who -- let`s get to the facts really. Who is the one that is mentally unstable? Who is the one who failed a polygraph? Who is the one who has been hospitalized for trying to kill himself? I mean, let`s get real. Where is the truth?

CPS never investigated me. To tell you the truth, CPS said this is just what L**** said and we are backing out. They said there is not an investigation. We are not going to investigate you. There is no charges against you. There is nothing against you. You guys are just going to have to figure it out in court.

And so CPS backed out.

[snipped]
SOTO: No. The hearing is about custody of L****. That`s what the hearing is about. I am not --

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/15/ijvm.01.html

This is just a mess. Just a big mess. A custody battle for Julie's daughter, and in all that mess we have Julie missing too. :(

Video shows pics from yesterday's fundraising event held by family.

July 18, 2010
Family of missing woman says case has gone cold

An Austin family continues to raise awareness to help in the search for their 21-year old daughter who went missing nearly four months ago. A fundraiser was held today for the family of Julie Ann Gonzalez. It happened at a restaurant in Bee Cave. The family says the money will be used to pay legal expenses and raise awareness. Family members are now concerned the investigation has gone cold. "The police department has not shared anything with us, we've called them, we've tried to keep in touch with them, we've provided them with a lot of information, but they have yet to share anything with us or to let our family know about anything," said Dora Cooper, Julie Ann's aunt. Gonzalez went missing on March 26Th. She was supposed to meet her estranged husband and pick up their 2 year old daughter but she never showed up.

http://www.kvue.com/video/featured-...-missing-daughter-has-gone-cold-98717794.html

This is just a mess. Just a big mess. A custody battle for Julie's daughter, and in all that mess we have Julie missing too. :(

Yes. She's been missing now for 115 days.

I sent an email to Austin PD and copied 2 news outlets, requesting an updated statement be released that outlines what's been done to-date, next steps, and what public can do to help.

Police3@ci.austin.tx.us
news@kvue.com
news@fox7.com

Video shows benefit. Scroll down to read comments - Julie's mom posted twice. She says the PD says Julie's case is cold.

July 18, 2010
Benefit held for missing mom
Police: Last seen at her estranged husband's house

Family and friends of a missing Austin woman are still doing all they can to keep her story fresh in people's minds.

The effort continued Sunday with a $20.00 per-plate cookout in West Travis County.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. She was last seen at her estranged husband's house, her new car was found abandoned days later.
Since then her family has pulled out all the stops, putting together numerous fundraisers to keep paying private detectives for work on the case.

At one point they even rented out a billboard at I-35 and 290 and put Julie's picture on it.

Family members thank everyone helping to keep alive the search for Julie Ann.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/kxan-austin-benefit-held-for-missing-mom

http://www.kvue.com/news/Husband-of-missing-woman-claims-harassment-98873619.html

by JADE MINGUS / KVUE News
kvue.com
Posted on July 20, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Updated today at 5:40 PM

The estranged husband of a missing Austin woman claims he is now the victim of harassment and vandalism.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, now has full custody of their two year old daughter, which has created a lot of tension between his family and hers.

I could be wrong, but my first thought was that George might be behind this himself. Just remembering back to the alleged emails sent to Julie from George's "dead uncle" and the posts from Julie's mobile phone.

I worry about the daughter being with him too...

=====

July 20, 2010
Husband of missing woman claims harassment

The estranged husband of a missing Austin woman claims he is now the victim of harassment and vandalism.

Julie Ann Gonzalez disappeared in March. Her estranged husband, George De La Cruz, now has full custody of their two year old daughter, which has created a lot of tension between his family and hers.

Someone smashed in De La Cruz's car windshield with a brake disc. The vehicle was parked in front of his South Austin home. His attorney, Patrick Fagerberg, claims it is just one of several threatening actions against De La Cruz.

The act of criminal mischief happened after a custody hearing for his and Julie Ann’s two-year-old daughter.

“We feel whoever is doing this is retaliating. It’s for us not giving the family custody or access to Layla,” said Fagerberg.

De La Cruz is also receiving threatening emails and others are repeatedly driving by his south Austin home.

[snipped]

A custody hearing for the two year old is scheduled for August 5.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Husband-of-missing-woman-claims-harassment-98873619.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back