TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

THE ENVELOPE: Characteristics of cancelled, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Class mail, in 1974 include:
1. Seven (7) waved lines across stamp. Except when it is replaced by a box nagging folks to “Always use Zip Code.”
2. “U.S. Postal Service, TX” and - first 3 digits of Zip Code where post originates, inscribed within a circle where the text follows below the “positive” line curve.
3. Centered: “AM” or “PM” denotes the first or last 12 REAL hours of the day the post is processed for delivery – stamp cancelled. (Not shift during which it was sorted.)
4. Horizontal orientation: dd/mm - 24 DEC – from evidence sample. Daily manual change.
5. Year followed by local U.S. Postal station, or sub-station code: 1974 3B – from evidence sample. These six (6) characters are clearly oriented and aligned above the “negative” line curve.
STAMP AND DIE PRACTICES: These “tools” were a combination of embossed metal plates – where information is not manipulated by local mail handlers, and rubber characters on a “track” manipulated by virtue of small gears. The dd/mm/ and yyyy would be rubber. Everything else, embossed metal. Note: the “4” in 1974 is not well aligned with “197.”
To summarize: The envelope was deposited in Fort Worth, TX at the Wedgewood sub-station, after midnight, on December 23, 1974. OR it was presented at the counter that morning. Thing is: if you stand in line and have your letter “hand-cancelled” they keep it. They don’t give it back to you. It is legally in possesion of the USPS. No mail was delivered on December 25[SUP]th[/SUP]. The earliest the “envelope” could have arrived is Thursday, December 26[SUP]th[/SUP]. The “letter” was presented to Francis Arnold sometime on the morning of the 24[SUP]th[/SUP] by Debra. Rachel’s mother called the police. The police came to 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Avenue to collect that evidence. They asked for the envelope and had to wait several days before it was produced (as it had not arrived?)
The envelope is addressed in pencil. “Rachel” is the return address. It’s not identical to the signature on the letter. It is a practiced facsimile. IMO.
I got married in 1972. Had a baby in 1973, another in 1975, another in 1977. I turned to my wedding album and baby books for examples of postmarks. My father-in-law retired from that sub-station, but started out downtown (1A) so, I do have some background on this subject. They are consistent in characteristics, even the ones from out of state. 3B is the Wedgewood Sub-Station. It was clear to police that the envelope produced by TT was mailed from that location to his home less than 1 mile away – not Seminary South, or Elliasville, Weatherford, Throckmorton or anywhere else.
Also, the letter was folded in a way that did not fit the envelope. Too big. Neither were a hoax – they were obstruction of justice. The police did not know what to make of this strange “evidence” and still don’t. That letter and that envelope never met each other.
If that letter were going to produce a confession – it would have long ago. It is proof that Tommy lied. It isn’t proof of what happened. It’s proof of something, but what? I have my opinion.
Do I need to post my postmark samples? I will if you aren’t convinced.

No need, FW_Cat, I'm following you. You are loud and clear! :) Why do YOU think the letter and the envelope were handled in this manner? Why not mail the letter that night? (No car, so no transportation???) Or like you said, why not just say "we found this in the house in her underwear drawer." Why the stupid mailbox story? Did Debra truly believe it came in the mail??

I think Rachel wrote it. She was left-handed. Interesting observations, thank you.
I think so, too. I remember the term 'catch it' was something her brother said was a term familiar in the family that Rachel used.

I believe that Debbie believed him. That it came in the mail. I believe that he made Rachel write that to be cruel. There is no telling what she did in that brief relationship to "smooth things over", but when he dictated the the second sentence..."we just had to get away..." a light bulb went on over her head. "WE"??? I believe her face was messed up and he thought about going to her parents house for Christmas and decided what he was going to do - in that moment. "We're going to Houston." again; "WE"??? And she knew. Because of Julie, who was 9; a child he'd never laid eyes on. She was not going to talk her way out of this. There is one punctuation mark I find missing. After she wrote what he told her to write. He told her to sign it. So, she did. I think she knew. And she added "Love" above her name. There is no comma after the word "Love." That's not a love note. That's goodbye.
I believe he distanced himself every step of they way. He made Debbie take the note to her parents, instead of calling the police himself. The missing persons report was filled out by Debbie. He was allergic to the police. When the police wanted the envelope the letter came in - Debbie probably called him at home. He tried to come up with one - but couldn't for 2 days.

I believe that Debbie believed him. That it came in the mail. I believe that he made Rachel write that to be cruel. There is no telling what she did in that brief relationship to "smooth things over", but when he dictated the the second sentence..."we just had to get away..." a light bulb went on over her head. "WE"??? I believe her face was messed up and he thought about going to her parents house for Christmas and decided what he was going to do - in that moment. "We're going to Houston." again; "WE"??? And she knew. Because of Julie, who was 9; a child he'd never laid eyes on. She was not going to talk her way out of this. There is one punctuation mark I find missing. After she wrote what he told her to write. He told her to sign it. So, she did. I think she knew. And she added "Love" above her name. There is no comma after the word "Love." That's not a love note. That's goodbye.
I believe he distanced himself every step of they way. He made Debbie take the note to her parents, instead of calling the police himself. The missing persons report was filled out by Debbie. He was allergic to the police. When the police wanted the envelope the letter came in - Debbie probably called him at home. He tried to come up with one - but couldn't for 2 days.

So off he ran to post an envelope! Those poor girls. Rachel knew. I wonder how often domestic violence had reared its ugly head against her before this. And did Debra know? Renee and Julie were probably unsure at first what was going to happen. Do you think he rolled them over into the lake alive? Much better found drowned than shot or strangled if they surfaced. Hate typing that. I saw a recent pic of him fishing, living the dream, the baby boy all grown, while the girls never had the chance. Pissed me off. And their families suffer, and parents die not knowing. Suffering! I read an article, I think with Julie's mom, who said she totally tuned out and couldn't raise her kids in the manner she wanted due to grief. Julie's brother had given Renee a promise ring...Rachel's dad sick with cancer at the time. Just so much for them to bear. And you've suffered, too, FW_Cat, knowing the truth and unable to get justice for them all, people you care about. But I know you are trying! I'll help, just let me know what I can do. I'm here in Bedford.

This is what became known as the "hastily written letter". Before I comment on it; I would like this think-tank to study it carefully with respect to the following questions: Is it written by a right or left-handed person? Was it written by a young child? Was it written by someone who planned to run away? Was it dictated to someone who was forced to write it? Yes or No and why you think so. Thanks!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Before I leave the letter; there is a detail that should not be overlooked. In the evening edition of The Fort Worth Star Telegram, December 26th, 1974 is the following quote:
"When she signed her name she misspelled 'Rachael'," Tommy Trlica said of the letter he received from his wife. "She signed it 'Rachaee,' then she went over the second 'e' with an 'l' like she was in a real hurry."

Rachel did not misspell her name. Her husband did though. He didn't talk to reporters after this article. If you are writing on a on a single sheet of notepaper, on say, a sheet of automotive glass, or steel...what happens if your ballpoint pen hits a grain of sand? It stops. Look at her signature. It isn't the only place in the letter that the pen hit a speck of dirt. The AP picks up junk and it becomes 'fact.' She did not misspell her name. He was trying to moonwalk away from that letter. In the same article, the police state that they "verified" it was her handwriting. She couldn't spell her name right, but the car was found exactly where she indicated. She did not address the envelope...the pen was running out of ink...the paper didn't fit in the envelope. So many problems with the letter Tommy received in the mail on Christmas Eve then sent his sister-in-law to hand deliver to her mother - not the police.

Attachments

• WSsignedRachel.jpg
    WSsignedRachel.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 185
Here's a larger image. I cropped the physical address.
attachment.php
Did they compare this handwriting to TT's? This is how I would address a return addressed envelope to myself...my full name, out of habit. No nickname. Or could this be an envelope someone sent a Christmas card, bill, or letter to him in and he added Rachel's name?? That just by coincidence had the right postmark he needed? Is the writer is totally unknown? Is his DNA on the glue flap?? Fingerprints wouldnt help much since it's his mail and he touched it. BTW...Were Rachael's fingerprints on the letter? Anyone's??

Seems like I remember reading somewhere they did do a DNA test and the fingerprints were not Rachel’s.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere they did do a DNA test and the fingerprints were not Rachel’s.

I don't know about any DNA testing. The letter and envelope were passed around and handled by numerous police officers. If they have the girls fingerprints on file I wonder how they got them?

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! Does Tommy speak of the case or are you no longer in contact?

It's interesting you brought up Coril. I just stumbled across this story via BuzzFeed and stopped on the name Trlica. My (now ex) friend just recently got married to a Trlica. I was maid of honor.

His dads name is Tommy and his moms name is Linda. Yeah. Same Trlicas. And I will tell you. The grooms parents are shady AF.

Let's get creepier.

I know two beautiful young women that I have babysat since they were 3 and 4 ad well as their brother who was 6. They're all in their 20s now. Their dad, also a Tommy, was a single dad I met through church and helped him out. He was a mess and nearly ruined those kids lives. Thanks to several stable women helping all them, the kids are all ok. He however is homeless and living on the streets in Houston (at last count via his daughter about 8 months ago.)

During my friendship with him I was unfortunate enough to meet his brother Stacy who could only be described as weird AF. Married to a woman weird AF with two weird kids. And I'll leave it at that. None the less I try not to judge and remained always as helpful and kind as I could be to Tommy and Stacy.

So one day, similar to today, I run across the story of Dean Coril and begin reading until a name catches my eye. Betty Hawkins.
Oh hey, that's Tommy and Stacys moms name.

Oh, in Houston too....

Yeah. Apparently Dean was living with Betty and the boys when they were little while he was doing awful things to the teen boys. I don't even want to think about what might have happened to Tommy and Stacy when they were little and may be the reason they're both well... not ok.

Anyway. What a weird *advertiser censored* day for me. June 28th. The day after Tommy Trlicas 65th bday who lives just a few miles from me here in Galveston.

Have just caught up after beginning the two threads this morning.

Wow.

Thanks, FW_Cat, for your posts.

After the first dozen or so posts of the first thread, I searched TT on Ancestry and his multiple marriages to underaged girls set off my hackles right quick.

Among many other suspect things.....

I am hoping that LE is still truly investigating this case and is truly close to arrests.

Have just caught up after beginning the two threads this morning.

Wow.

Thanks, FW_Cat, for your posts.

After the first dozen or so posts of the first thread, I searched TT on Ancestry and his multiple marriages to underaged girls set off my hackles right quick.

Among many other suspect things.....

I am hoping that LE is still truly investigating this case and is truly close to arrests.
It's Texas. They won't arrest anybody without a body.

It's Texas. They won't arrest anybody without a body.
Not true. Enrique Arochi (Dallas) was sentenced to life in prison in 2016 for the "aggravated kidnapping" of Christina Morris - her body has never been found. They charged him with the evidence against him that proved his involvement. Rodney Owens was sentenced to life in prison in 2009 for the "murder" of Glenda Furch, who disappeared in 2007. Her body has never been found.
Check your facts. We DO prosecute and convict in "no body" cases.

Not true. Enrique Arochi (Dallas) was sentenced to life in prison in 2016 for the "aggravated kidnapping" of Christina Morris - her body has never been found. They charged him with the evidence against him that proved his involvement. Rodney Owens was sentenced to life in prison in 2009 for the "murder" of Glenda Furch, who disappeared in 2007. Her body has never been found.
Check your facts. We DO prosecute and convict in "no body" cases.

Lol, I was just on my way to post this link when I read your post.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/enrique-arochi-to-be-sentenced-friday/327944861

Those were the only two I could think of off the top of my head. My whole life - so annoying that ppl think everyone in the south is slow and stupid. We ain't ;) Mensa's world headquarters are in Arlington. *member since 1998*

Baaahahahaa - definitely not slow and stupid. I'm a Horned Frog that grew up in Arlington. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares