TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks, that is what I was asking for. It's good to see Fran and Rusty's recent photos too, and Fran looking well.

:rolleyes:

I appreciate it was a direct and recent interview of Fran, while others were quoted from other media.

But there was no date for the above, which was what FW Cat had pointed out before. She might have told the reporter the date and time, and it was just not spelled out, fair enough. She might have forgotten after so many years. But it is also possible that it is not what you think it is.

And there, is the end of my discussion of this point!

Via Marple, Rusty and Fran have stated NUMEROUS times that they went to the mall that day, found the car, and had the girls paged. This fact is not in dispute. I'm not wrong about it and it isn't a misunderstanding with previous reporters. You don't have to do too much reading on this case to find more examples of these statements. They've been making them for decades.
FW Cat is disputing whether or not they actually did as they say they did. This is a different thing entirely.
Here is a pod cast interview with Rusty. You can hear the words coming out of his own mouth.
Ft Worth trio missing since Dec. 1974

My emphasis..
Q: "Are you saying Cotton and Fran never left the house the day of the disappearance? Not even to go to the mall when the girls didn't come home?"
A: That's what I'm saying.

"Because that would mean Rusty isn't correctly remembering he went from store to store with Fran to look for the girls..."

A: Rusty has no memories. If that happened at all, it was after Christmas Day.

"and that Judy Wilson wasn't correct in saying Richard and Cotton guarded the car with shotguns..."
A: Don't know who told you that or where you may have read it. Richard and "someone else" guarded that car all night - from a distance. Judy would not have been mistaken about who was there. It was Francis who put Cotton in that car with Richard and told a reporter - who took it at face value.

"Even if the neighbors did say the Arnolds didn't leave their house, why would their memory seem more credible than the memories of the families?"
A: Francis was at her next-door neighbor's house throughout the day. In and out. This was a next day "interview" by police - for which you do not need a good memory. There are 3 families - 2 of which were not anywhere near the Arnold home on Monday. They have no way of knowing. There were eye-witnesses with no skin-in-the-game that contradict all of Fran's "critical accounts" as to her whereabouts.

"Also, you are the only person I have ever heard state that Fran was TT's alibi. Was this also heard from a neighbor? From a police report? From other family members? The source of this information seems very important."
A: Let me begin by saying; I do not believe Francis set out to provide TT with an alibli. She told a lie, that led to another lie, and another. Until there was no way to walk it back. Never believing it would matter. That is the most generous account I can come up. I do not believe she or Debbie conspired to mislead LE. Let's leave it at that.

Via Marple, Rusty and Fran have stated NUMEROUS times that they went to the mall that day, found the car, and had the girls paged. This fact is not in dispute. I'm not wrong about it and it isn't a misunderstanding with previous reporters. You don't have to do too much reading on this case to find more examples of these statements. They've been making them for decades.
FW Cat is disputing whether or not they actually did as they say they did. This is a different thing entirely.
Here is a pod cast interview with Rusty. You can hear the words coming out of his own mouth.
Ft Worth trio missing since Dec. 1974
TG, I will accept your point that Fran and Rusty have said many times and all along, that they went to search for the girls that day.

I do not wish to continue this discussion as it may be seen as sleuthing on the family beyond sorting out the facts.

My emphasis..

Via Marple -right. FW_Cat doesn't believe they left the house that day. I've respectfully stated I'm not convinced that's true.

Rusty and Fran have repeatedly said they went to the mall that day to look for the girls and walk store to store to have them paged. This is separate from whether or not they actually did so.

The fact that they've made these statements over the years is quite simply a fact. But your last statement needlessly casts doubt on that saying "She might have told the reporter the date and time, and it was just not spelled out, fair enough. She might have forgotten after so many years. But it is also possible that it is not what you think it is."

This is why I provided you with a podcast link. So you can finally accept they did make those statements when you hear Rusty say it in his own voice which means there was no reporter error or misunderstanding. Whether you choose to believe he's telling the truth or not is up to you, but the fact they've made the statements is beyond refute.

Last edited:
TG, I will accept your point that Fran and Rusty have said many times and all along, that they went to search for the girls that day.

I do not wish to continue this discussion as it may be seen as sleuthing on the family beyond sorting out the facts.

Unfortunately this came in after I posted my reply. I'm glad you're ready to move on! Like I said earlier, in the end I don't think it has anything to do with what happened to the girls. And Via Marple, I know you're here because you care about that, as do the rest of us.

Very little surprises me. Something I did not expect is happening. The third generation is speaking up and speaking out. They are putting their heads together and finding the contradictions I have alluded to but cannot testify to. I'm astonished, in a good way. It's about to get serious. The liar-liar-pants-on-fire leg of the investigation is overdue.

Very little surprises me. Something I did not expect is happening. The third generation is speaking up and speaking out. They are putting their heads together and finding the contradictions I have alluded to but cannot testify to. I'm astonished, in a good way. It's about to get serious. The liar-liar-pants-on-fire leg of the investigation is overdue.
Interesting. By third generation, the nieces and/or nephews of the girls? Trying to figure out who that would be in a general/generational sense. I'd love to hear more if you are able.

Also, I received an email that there was a discussion going on FB about the article. I read through the threads and made some corrections based on comments:

1. Cotton was not on the roof (no surprise to FW Cat). Rusty genuinely thought he was, though. That's been corrected.

2. Also, several people in the thread said the jeans from layaway were in the trunk and returned to Richard and Judy. Debra/Deige had speculated previously they were missing because she'd carried them in the mall to try on a top. I assume that's a legitimate error on her part. That's been corrected. too.

Interesting. By third generation, the nieces and/or nephews of the girls? Trying to figure out who that would be in a general/generational sense. I'd love to hear more if you are able.

Also, I received an email that there was a discussion going on FB about the article. I read through the threads and made some corrections based on comments:

1. Cotton was not on the roof (no surprise to FW Cat). Rusty genuinely thought he was, though. That's been corrected.

2. Also, several people in the thread said the jeans from layaway were in the trunk and returned to Richard and Judy. Debra/Deige had speculated previously they were missing because she'd carried them in the mall to try on a top. I assume that's a legitimate error on her part. That's been corrected. too.

Rusty has been told 1,000 times his father was never on that parking lot guarding that car. Will that be removed from the Arnold narrative? The purchase from Army-Navy, the retrieved lay-way was Renee's. She wore a new pair out of the store. There was a sack in the back seat that had another new pair, and a worn pair of jeans. Her parents gave her the money to get her 2 pair of jeans out of layaway. These details aren't dark secrets. Contradictory accounts have been there all along, communicated directly, completely disregarded.
The girls never married or had families. Their generation is skipped. The new voices are kids of eye witnesses, and their kids. Out loud. It's very encouraging.

Rusty has been told 1,000 times his father was never on that parking lot guarding that car. Will that be removed from the Arnold narrative? The purchase from Army-Navy, the retrieved lay-way was Renee's. She wore a new pair out of the store. There was a sack in the back seat that had another new pair, and a worn pair of jeans. Her parents gave her the money to get her 2 pair of jeans out of layaway. These details aren't dark secrets. Contradictory accounts have been there all along, communicated directly, completely disregarded.
The girls never married or had families. Their generation is skipped. The new voices are kids of eye witnesses, and their kids. Out loud. It's very encouraging.

I know the girls didn't get married. I was thinking the third generation you were referring to would be their the children of their siblings.

Except for Rachel. She was married, of course. My edit button seems to have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper