TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were strange things that we`nt on and people doing business were blocked from seeing violantly. Just rumors but nothing put togather
at the time.[/QUOTE]

Speaking up East Texas, Did a person of Interest live in Mabank or Eustace Texas? How many things could have been placed in Cedar Creek Lake? Later! Things might have been held for a while to alow a cooling off period then disposed of later. Or a simple car crusher used. There were strange things that we`nt on and people doing business were blocked from seeing violantly. Just rumors but nothing put togather
at the time.

Can you expand on the last sentence?

Here is something to think about while I catch up on my other sleuthing.
Refer to any maps or resources you have... there is something simple I've not pointed out. The distance from the nearest covered exit [Sears Garden Center] to the parked and locked 1998 Oldsmobile was in excess of two football fields [over 300 meters.] Whether by intimidation or invitation, accepting a lift back to your car when you are ready to go home is something no girl would have turned down - if it was someone she trusted. It was an overcast day - afternoon. Cool, but not chilly - 67 degrees F.

You're off on the weather. Terry Moseley said it was 74 degrees. That's backed up by weather history of Fort Worth in the Farmer's Almanac - High of 77, low of 65.

No, should not assume anything. But how can you explain the missing purchases from the car? You would expect the girls, if they had made it from mall to car, would have brought their purchases with them...
I thought the purchases were in the car?

I'll get back to the letter... Before I do that, on a personal note, I continue to be astonished, amused, and horrified at how "out loud thinking" migrates from WS and is regurgitated to live on as fact, myth, and legend on the internet. In the future; I will "watermark" images and maps. Lie about me. Don't steal my research. So anyway...
<modsnip - discussing fb group>.The zip code in that area was very common to only be postmarked as three numbers in many places so why has that even been an issue?People have tried to associate every town in Texas with it.In research I seen many envelopes postmarked with the 3B.B means branch?According the USPS handbook of 1974 760 was Arlington and 761 was Ft.Worth.It was 760 does that mean it was mailed in Arlington or sorted there or nothing at all?But 24 hours is rather quick for all that to happen and get the letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a photo or know what Rachel's wedding ring looked like? Did she have one?

Was hoping maybe a jane doe could be tied by her ring. I know it would be a miracle.
I remember reading about the jewellery that the girls were wearing. I think LE had made that public. Can't remember details, but was thinking they had quite a few valuables on them. You can try searching the old threads, or look up Google on media reports.

They think so, LOL!
:)
Perhaps I should ask, if the catch it expression was more popular in Houston than Fort Worth.

But that might just mean the Arnolds had roots in that area.

One question I've asked myself is, "Where would the girls have gone first if they were finished with their shopping?"
-
Would Rachel have driven Julie and Renee back to their homes? Or would she have driven back to her own home to drop off the presents?
-
If one discounts the varying accounts of girls being hustled into a van or car, then there's no concrete proof the girls were abducted from the mall. Someone else could have left the car in Sears' upper lot in order to misdirect the investigation.
Th short answer is: Rachel's car. They would have gone to the car. They did not have any money. Doubt any "shopping" took place. That is why crowds and long lines do not affect the timeline - including not meeting up at Murphy's with 11 year old Janet & Terri-Ann. The purpose of going shopping was to get out of the house. Renee had an errand. It was accomplished. "Shopping" is entertainment to young girls.

:)
Perhaps I should ask, if the catch it expression was more popular in Houston than Fort Worth.

But that might just mean the Arnolds had roots in that area.
I avoid Houston. I considered Rice for graduate school. Houston is plain awful in every way. Some suburbs are ok - the ones to the northeast. :D

It's Tuesday - so I have a playdate with my grandaughter. Something to think about.
What if a letter was mailed. Then it was switched out before turning it over for a hastily written letter with a more "convenient" message. A message that lined up with the police notions? Before a person talked to the police, wouldn't the logical letter have been a ransom note? So much easier to play out a runaway theory...maybe substitute letter is on the wrong size notepaper - oops!

I remember reading about the jewellery that the girls were wearing. I think LE had made that public. Can't remember details, but was thinking they had quite a few valuables on them. You can try searching the old threads, or look up Google on media reports.
Thanks, I haven't seen anything on jewelry at all and bare minimum for clothing. I will keep looking. If you run across anything please let me know

It's Tuesday - so I have a playdate with my grandaughter. Something to think about.
What if a letter was mailed. Then it was switched out before turning it over for a hastily written letter with a more "convenient" message. A message that lined up with the police notions? Before a person talked to the police, wouldn't the logical letter have been a ransom note? So much easier to play out a runaway theory...maybe substitute letter is on the wrong size notepaper - oops!
Any person could've sent that letter by post. But only one, at most two, person(s) could have the opportunity to swap the note. You are still thinking of the same suspect, only now it is more damning!

I remember TG thought the letter was a hoax. I wonder if it was publicised as just a low key runaway case, who among the public would be bothered to send such a hoax within a few hours? Unless someone who knew the families had a bit of a grudge against them.

Edit: refer back to Cat's theory: then some known suspect's DNA had to be on the envelope. If that was his original envelope. Then why has it not been identified?

Th short answer is: Rachel's car. They would have gone to the car. They did not have any money. Doubt any "shopping" took place. That is why crowds and long lines do not affect the timeline - including not meeting up at Murphy's with 11 year old Janet & Terri-Ann. The purpose of going shopping was to get out of the house. Renee had an errand. It was accomplished. "Shopping" is entertainment to young girls.

What is source of them having no money?

That does not match the information I've that I've been given privately.
It also doesn't match public info, as Renee clearly had money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcedarblue