TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had many large piles of cars out there and yes many barrels too. LE would melt down unwanted guns in that furnace also.
Wonder if they would check the barrels? Interesting theory. Wonder if they were open 12/23/74? And after about 3:30. That’s where my timeline blanks out. Personally I believe they aren’t in Fort Worth but I have been wrong before.

They had many large piles of cars out there and yes many barrels too. LE would melt down unwanted guns in that furnace also.
Wonder if they would check the barrels? Interesting theory. Wonder if they were open 12/23/74? And after about 3:30. That’s where my timeline blanks out. Personally I believe they aren’t in Fort Worth but I have been wrong before.

I’ve heard some people say they believed Julie to be the target. I’ve heard people say that Rachel was the target. Has anyone ever wondered if Renee could have been the target? If so why? There’s something we are all missing.
I believe like most that Rachel was the target and the other two girls were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I believe like most that Rachel was the target and the other two girls were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I do too. I think it was a family member or someone that Rachel knew and the other two were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

There’s obvious reasons to think that Rachel was the target but, here’s my question on that, why not wait until Rachel was alone or why not do it before she picked up the others? That really bothers me.

There’s obvious reasons to think that Rachel was the target but, here’s my question on that, why not wait until Rachel was alone or why not do it before she picked up the others? That really bothers me.
I think when people snap they snap they don't wait for the best 0pp0rtune time to do something.

I’ve heard some people say they believed Julie to be the target. I’ve heard people say that Rachel was the target. Has anyone ever wondered if Renee could have been the target? If so why? There’s something we are all missing.
If this was a stranger abduction, then any one of them might have been the target.

Although I agree, one didn’t snap at that mall. So where? And how did the girls get there?
Even though the car was found at the mall, it's possible that the girls left in that car but that whoever killed them returned it to the mall in order to misdirect LE.
If they left on their own, they might have gone to Rachel and Tommy's house.
It's been suggested that the girls might have been killed because of what they saw. What if they walked in on Cotton raping Debra?

I have a hard time understanding why the other two would be killed if Rachel was the target. If they saw some sort of sexual abuse, it seems odd to kill them over that. Incest and sexual abuse is still a sensitive thing to talk about even today, but back then I don't think people talked about it much at all and especially out in the open. Of course, the perp's thinking most likely wasn't logical so I'm thinking too deeply about it.

Generally it is much more difficult to forceably take multiple people at once as the chances of things getting out of control becomes much greater. Now I haven't looked into this case a great deal but the fact that three of them dissapeared at once in a public area would lead you to believe that they may have been lured away by someone they trusted. I don't know the background of any of these girls but did any of them have a sketchy family history or did any of them run with a bad crowd?

Generally it is much more difficult to forceably take multiple people at once as the chances of things getting out of control becomes much greater. Now I haven't looked into this case a great deal but the fact that three of them disappeared at once in a public area would lead you to believe that they may have been lured away by someone they trusted. I don't know the background of any of these girls but did any of them have a sketchy family history or did any of them run with a bad crowd?
What you say could be true, but just because they trusted someone, that doesn't necessarily mean that they knew the person beforehand. Sociopaths can be very glib and charming; a sexual predator could have struck up a conversation at the mall and gained their trust and then offered to give them a ride to their car. They were allegedly spotted at Murphy's, which I understand was at the opposite end of the mall from Sears, so they might have been willing to accept a ride from a charming stranger.

Generally it is much more difficult to forceably take multiple people at once as the chances of things getting out of control becomes much greater. Now I haven't looked into this case a great deal but the fact that three of them dissapeared at once in a public area would lead you to believe that they may have been lured away by someone they trusted. I don't know the background of any of these girls but did any of them have a sketchy family history or did any of them run with a bad crowd?
I encourage you to investigate this case. The family history of one of these girls is unlike anything you could make up.

I encourage you to investigate this case. The family history of one of these girls is unlike anything you could make up.

Ok will do. I'll begin looking into the background of these girls. It's probably no coincidence that for a lot of these disappearances the victims often had troubled family/personal lives. Generally when I find out drugs were around any of the victims I don't even bother looking that deeply into it because drugs often opens up a whole can of worms.

Ok will do. I'll begin looking into the background of these girls. It's probably no coincidence that for a lot of these disappearances the victims often had troubled family/personal lives. Generally when I find out drugs were around any of the victims I don't even bother looking that deeply into it because drugs often opens up a whole can of worms.
It will probably take you a day just to read what is here on websleuths. It is a very interesting case.

Even though the car was found at the mall, it's possible that the girls left in that car but that whoever killed them returned it to the mall in order to misdirect LE.
If they left on their own, they might have gone to Rachel and Tommy's house.
It's been suggested that the girls might have been killed because of what they saw. What if they walked in on Cotton raping Debra?
Per Tommy’s account, Cotton was with him all day. I don’t see why Cotton would go to his son in laws house to rape his own daughter. What evidence leads one to think he raped anyone much less his daughter? You do know it was proven that Maggie wasn’t his daughter and that was a misinterpretation of dna results? I didn’t think we were allowed to toss around unfounded accusations here? The mental stability of some of that family is questionable at best. Makes it difficult to believe much they put out there.

Per Tommy’s account, Cotton was with him all day. I don’t see why Cotton would go to his son in laws house to rape his own daughter. What evidence leads one to think he raped anyone much less his daughter? You do know it was proven that Maggie wasn’t his daughter and that was a misinterpretation of dna results? I didn’t think we were allowed to toss around unfounded accusations here? The mental stability of some of that family is questionable at best. Makes it difficult to believe much they put out there.
Posing a "what if" scenario isn't an accusation per se. You have multiple family members—including Cotton's own son— painting a less-than-favorable portrait of Cotton. I haven't seen anything to suggest that those family members are mentally unstable, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. If Cotton's granddaughter had DNA testing done to see whether he was also her father, does that suggest anything to you about his reputation within the family? Also, one of his best friends, Billy Simpson, Sr., was a convicted rapist who had a bag of human teeth in his possession. I'm sure you've heard the expression "birds of a feather flock together."

Ok just in the past day that I have been paying attention to this thread I am getting vibes of incest and rape (and potentially murder) was involved around one of these girls families. Which girl came from a shady family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18