TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed something. Julie WAS NOT with them inside the Army-Navy store?

Everything I've read says that the Army Navy Store clerk/witness only remembers the 2 older girls. I've spent a lot of time reading and trying to decipher fact from theory. With that being said I'm hoping I'm not repeating a theory. Has anyone else read this?
I'm now going through all my pages to try to find where I got this information.

Last edited:
How do we know they refused?
We don't even know what time it got called into the FWPD. We still have no clue when they actually went to the mall. I have trouble trying to figure out why Julie wasn't with them inside the Army Navy store. So many conflicting stories and every answer seems to lead to more questions.
I don't know how we "know" but its part of the story that's told over and over. its a time thing I thought evryone agreed on. the exact time they came people ask about but i read here and I thought heard on old tv interviews posted on the internet. Theres questions I've seen here people asking what time the mall closed. because the police wouldn't come until then. Somebody knows what time it was called in. my question was did the mall call the police. Because if the sun went down and my 9 year old kid was missing the police would have to explain to my face what difference it made if the mall was open or not.

Everything I've read says that the Army Navy Store clerk/witness only remembers the 2 older girls. I've spent a lot of time reading and trying to decipher fact from theory. With that being said I'm hoping I'm not repeating a theory. Has anyone else read this?
I haven't really been able to find much at all about the Army Navy stop only we know it happened because of the jeans being switched out.

My mom ordered stuff from sears and Leonard's and Montgomery Wards catalogs all the time. if I was with her on Saturday to get groceries or what have you and she needed to pick something up I stayed in the car every time if she let me. Maybe Julie wasn't interested in going in. Or its a big deal. But whether the clerk remembers all 3 is a recollection. does the layaway receipt have a time-stamp? were cash register receipts were stamping transaction times in 1974? anyone know?

I haven't really been able to find much at all about the Army Navy stop only we know it happened because of the jeans being switched out.
I had read that it was only 2 girls on the timeline file from another site.
This timeline file was released before that page went private so am I allowed to post that here?

Last edited:
I had read that it was only 2 girls on the timeline file from another site.
This timeline file was released before that page went private so am I allowed to post that here?
I wouldn't do it. If the person that worked it up was willing to come here and join and walk us through it that would be great if you ask me.

Those were the changing years. Safty in numbers was the thought. Wasn't true it appears.... My theories when a known person Possably met them and had an extended heated conversation in SS. IMO from research and "rummered" witnesses conversations with police (who are setting on it.) Personally I think they are waiting for death of witnesses and all connections. Because of the stinch if it is stired. Just my thoughts!

Yes. All I have read matches that.

I don't know how we "know" but its part of the story that's told over and over. its a time thing I thought evryone agreed on. the exact time they came people ask about but i read here and I thought heard on old tv interviews posted on the internet. Theres questions I've seen here people asking what time the mall closed. because the police wouldn't come until then. Somebody knows what time it was called in. my question was did the mall call the police. Because if the sun went down and my 9 year old kid was missing the police would have to explain to my face what difference it made if the mall was open or not.

*Just my opinion*
The timeline is worthless in this case. It changes constantly and without any reason given. And sorry, but it just doesn't happen that you call the PD and they tell you they're not coming. And even if in some alternative universe that did happen, if your child was missing wouldn't you march your rear end down to the police station? It's unbelievable to me that so many have bought that narrative for 4 1/2 decades.

Where was the little girl at?It seems strange to me even in 1974 to leave a 9yr old girl alone in the car that you are in charge of.
In 1974 I was 10..I think it was a safer world. We never locked our house at night. I stood in the car front seat, seat belts were not mandatory, car seats unheard of. I rode my bike from dawn till dark all over the neighborhood alone most of the time . Snd I grew up in Jacksonville Florida near downtown/ what we call Springfield. Walked to and from school everyday. Sometimes alone and it was not a short walk. It was normal.

Exactly. A 9 year old the was begging and excited to go with the girls.
I don't know how I have overlooked the information of just the two older girls being remembered from the Army Navy Store.You are someone who I really think has a grasp of this case or as much as we can have with the info available so good I think it is probably true and opens my mind to so many more scenarios.

In 1974 I was 10..I think it was a safer world. We never locked our house at night. I stood in the car front seat, seat belts were not mandatory, car seats unheard of. I rode my bike from dawn till dark all over the neighborhood alone most of the time . Snd I grew up in Jacksonville Florida near downtown/ what we call Springfield. Walked to and from school everyday. Sometimes alone and it was not a short walk. It was normal.
I was 2 in 74 and I where I live crime is still the same none.I live in a holler in WV.I believe you undoubtely that Jacksonville was safer then I go there about every year.I haven't researched any statistics but there seems that have been an ungodly amount of serial killers and child murderers in the 70's but yes much safer now.

I don't know how I have overlooked the information of just the two older girls being remembered from the Army Navy Store.You are someone who I really think has a grasp of this case or as much as we can have with the info available so good I think it is probably true and opens my mind to so many more scenarios.
So many more....

I was 2 in 74 and I where I live crime is still the same none.I live in a holler in WV.I believe you undoubtely that Jacksonville was safer then I go there about every year.I haven't researched any statistics but there seems that have been an ungodly amount of serial killers and child murderers in the 70's but yes much safer now.
Jacksonville had several young girls missing or found deceased in the 70's . Dont remember the year. They have a websleuths page. About 3 or 5 girls? But even so I dont recall any massive panic in our neighborhood or my parents changing much. We weren't news flooded about these girls back then. You could play in the back of the family station wagon with your friends while your parents drove thru the liquor store and ordered mixed drinks to drink while driving. Not drunk but people didn't bat an eye back then.

Jacksonville had several young girls missing or found deceased in the 70's . Dont remember the year. They have a websleuths page. About 3 or 5 girls? But even so I dont recall any massive panic in our neighborhood or my parents changing much. We weren't news flooded about these girls back then. You could play in the back of the family station wagon with your friends while your parents drove thru the liquor store and ordered mixed drinks to drink while driving. Not drunk but people didn't bat an eye back then.
There was a girl from the small town I live in whose family moved to Florida in 1972 that is believed to have been killed by a serial killer.I really don't know about all that statistic jazz but I do know we hear about stuff that would have never became national news then.I think there was more serial killers for sure.

Exactly. A 9 year old the was begging and excited to go with the girls.

That neighborhood in Fort Worth was very safe in 1974. I was a year behind Julie, same elementary school. Kids our age ran all over the place without incident. That said, I don't believe for a second that child would have waited in the car after begging her mom to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper