TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What lunch ?
Lunch with Julie's sister and her best friend.
They were supposed to meet them there at noon and have lunch.
I recall the friend still having to finish some chores, not much later they were dropped at the mall by that friend grandma, went to the location and waited for the girls, but girls never showed up. They were both 11ish, so just found it odd and continued to explore the mall.

When Rachel went to pick up Renee it was:
Rachel, Renee, Julie, JM, TM & JM's best friend.
TM went to spend some time with another friend that was going to have a surgery.
Shortly before 11 AM Rachel, Renee and Julie headed to the Army Navy on their way to the mall.
Not long after JM & friend went to the mall with that friend's grandma.
And only those two made it there.

Last edited:
I'd go a step further and say all four (claims) are wrong. As for her actions, she may be a dramatic person by nature (as in, "Oh, Mom, you know that's not how it happened"). However, in taking a closer look, it does seem like she's determined to paint her household in the most favorable light possible, although the evidence clearly says otherwise.
This is exactly what every single victim of domestic abuse is doing.

Whether he killed Rachel accidentally or purposely, I still feel it was serious overkill to kill the other two. I can believe TT was responsible in some capacity for Rachel's death, but not the other two.
If the other two girls were still in the car, TT could've had DA walk out to the car, give them a story about Rachel having a "freak accident", and DA drive them home, while he cleans up, etc. Unless, they were in the house, RW and JM would have no way to know what really happened.
Indeed.
I'm aware that it's not the best approach to try to use own/average person's logic in attempt to understand sociopath's and murderers motives but in this scenario there is accidental death, maybe manslaughter, murder in heat of the moment at the very worst.
This is like no jail time up to maybe 5 years in prison (in the worst case court scenario for the perp).
Murdering a child and teenage girl is turning it into guaranteed death penalty if anyone will be able to connect the dots.
How this is worth the risk?

Well, unless that inheritance was significant and prison would guarantee him to get nothing.

She worked at Gino's on Harry Hines in Dallas ( strip club ). The same man that owned Gino's owned at least 17 other Gentleman clubs in Dallas and Fort Worth at that time. So is Dallas organized crime involved in this? There is only one person out of ALL the suspects who would know the people to make bodies disappear Forever.
Thanks for answering that. So what's the deal with her alibi for the night of the 22nd? She was working, playing Canasta till the wee hours,... ? Which story did she finally go with, and was it confirmed?

Indeed.
I'm aware that it's not the best approach to try to use own/average person's logic in attempt to understand sociopath's and murderers motives but in this scenario there is accidental death, maybe manslaughter, murder in heat of the moment at the very worst.
This is like no jail time up to maybe 5 years in prison (in the worst case court scenario for the perp).
Murdering a child and teenage girl is turning it into guaranteed death penalty if anyone will be able to connect the dots.
How this is worth the risk?

Well, unless that inheritance was significant and prison would guarantee him to get nothing.
Are you sure he would forfeit his inheritance if he went to prison? Remind me again what the terms of his inheritance were?

She worked at Gino's on Harry Hines in Dallas ( strip club ). The same man that owned Gino's owned at least 17 other Gentleman clubs in Dallas and Fort Worth at that time. So is Dallas organized crime involved in this? There is only one person out of ALL the suspects who would know the people to make bodies disappear Forever.
Since when are big shot criminal business owners up to help some random teenage waitresses/bartenders/strippers to get rid of bodies?

Also edit: we don't know if there was "only one person" who would know that kind of people. Do we even know if she knew them?
That kind of job may be her only option to stay away from home and survive and teenage girls are more likely to be in danger while doing this kind of work, not with odds to become players, getting favours of this level and living to keep their mouth shut about it.

Last edited:
Are you sure he would forfeit his inheritance if he went to prison? Remind me again what the terms of his inheritance were?
I'm not sure, I have no idea. It was the first time when I thought about it.

It was said that he had to work in order to get access to the inheritance after reaching certain age (25?) but I never saw that documment, I don't know if it was made available online. or if it was that specific to say that in case of incarceration or proonged unemployment all money goes to someone else.
If it was thou, and if that was some significant amount of money, I would consider it as not-so-stretched motive to go for a killing spree.

This is exactly what every single victim of domestic abuse is doing.
I didn't mean that quite the way you interpreted it, but it's alright. I think, at the very least, that family had some issues. FA must have been terrified of what was going to happen to her and RA, when CA was gone; her bread-winner is dying,there's no insurance, the business is failing, and her middle child is gone. I'm not condoning her behavior, mind you, but it is somewhat understandable...

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I have no idea. It was the first time when I thought about it.

It was said that he had to work in order to get access to the inheritance after reaching certain age (25?) but I never saw that documment, I don't know if it was made available online. or if it was that specific to say that in case of incarceration or proonged unemployment all money goes to someone else.
If it was thou, and if that was some significant amount of money, I would consider it as not-so-stretched motive to go for a killing spree.
Maybe. Wouldn't his military service have counted as a job?
BTW, TT being an adopted, only child, who else could have claimed the inheritance?

Since when are big shot criminal business owners up to help some random teenage waitresses/bartenders/strippers to get rid of bodies?

Also edit: we don't know if there was "only one person" who would know that kind of people. Do we even know if she knew them?
That kind of job may be her only option to stay away from home and survive and teenage girls are more likely to be in danger while doing this kind of work, not with odds to become players, getting favours of this level and living to keep their mouth shut about it.
Never under estimate the power of a woman.

Thanks for answering that. So what's the deal with her alibi for the night of the 22nd? She was working, playing Canasta till the wee hours,... ? Which story did she finally go with, and was it confirmed?
No idea but one doesn't neccessarily exclude another.
Maybe. Wouldn't his military service have counted as a job?
He was in the army before, not sure if that rule was enforced then but he was expected to hold a job in coming years.
BTW, TT being an adopted, only child, who else could have claimed the inheritance?
Maybe his son after reaching certain age?
But T's had a family in the area, so I guess some uncles or aunts could be named as next in line.

I suppose technically, DA could've done both (worked at the club and played cards), depending on when she got off work, but that would've made for a looong night.

BTW, for those who believe TT killed all three girls, but LE can't arrest/charge him for it-- is it because of
1. Missing evidence to directly tie him to the crime
2. No bodies
3. Individual(s) involved that LE can't touch

At what age did DA leave home? Was the job at the club her first? Was it through this job (or the club) that she met the biker ex-boyfriend?

Last edited:
I think a woman wrote that note or at least part of it. I think two people wrote that note and that's why when it was tested by the FBI it was inconclusive.
I definitely think the letter was written in seperate parts. My best guess of how I think it originally went is along the lines of:-
" I know I'm going to catch it, but just had to get away.
To Houston, see you in about a week"
All the "we", car reference and signature I think were added after the disappearance. There is enough space to squeeze the we in, and the way "To Houston" begins with a capital letter makes me think this was a new sentence, not a continuation. Also the "T" in To, The, and Thomas Trlica are all different indicating to me that the letter was written by two different hands, the envelope by a third.

Of course all just personal opinion
chrome_screenshot_1676642651356.png

yeah but why? i've said this before, if the letter had been based on an original by Rachel, this would have been a rather clever idea. But we know its fake, so why not write it from scratch?

The only reason I can think of right now, would be that the perp secures the silence\cooporation of the other writer that way. Lets say DA wrote the original and TT completed it. But didnt DA take the letter to LE? so there goes that theory I guess...Was handwriting analysis really a Thing back then? plus it may confuse the analyzers if there are two writers, but it also makes it even more obvious that its not genuine.

yeah but why? i've said this before, if the letter had been based on an original by Rachel, this would have been a rather clever idea. But we know its fake, so why not write it from scratch?

The only reason I can think of right now, would be that the perp secures the silence\cooporation of the other writer that way. Lets say DA wrote the original and TT completed it. But didnt DA take the letter to LE? so there goes that theory I guess...Was handwriting analysis really a Thing back then? plus it may confuse the analyzers if there are two writers, but it also makes it even more obvious that its not genuine.
I guess a sense of panic or lack of clear thinking in the moment might have made it seem like a good or easy option.

Anyone ever saw samples of Rachel's handwriting online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214