TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia Geer and Brooks Bracewell.

"Some of his sister's bones were recovered in a culvert near Alvin in May 1976less than two years after Brooks and Georgia disappeared. Incredibly, no investigator thought of them — though Alvin is only 10 miles west of Dickinson, it's in Brazoria County, not Galveston County.

It was in 1981 — when Gary was away at college — that Brazoria County deputy Matt Wingo inherited the unidentified bones case from 1976. He searched the Alvin ditch again and found more remains, as well as the fragments of a gold sweater and plaid pants. Brooks and Georgia had been found at last."
BBM

In 1974, two Dickinson girls went missing. Why didn't police investigate?

Georgia Caroline Geer (1960-1974) - Find A Grave...

Brooks Bracewell (1962-1974) - Find A Grave...
Thank goodness for Wingo and al if his diligence! I whole heartedly believe he did everything in his power to truly work these cases.

Georgia Geer and Brooks Bracewell.

"Some of his sister's bones were recovered in a culvert near Alvin in May 1976less than two years after Brooks and Georgia disappeared. Incredibly, no investigator thought of them — though Alvin is only 10 miles west of Dickinson, it's in Brazoria County, not Galveston County.

It was in 1981 — when Gary was away at college — that Brazoria County deputy Matt Wingo inherited the unidentified bones case from 1976. He searched the Alvin ditch again and found more remains, as well as the fragments of a gold sweater and plaid pants. Brooks and Georgia had been found at last."
BBM

In 1974, two Dickinson girls went missing. Why didn't police investigate?

Georgia Caroline Geer (1960-1974) - Find A Grave...

Brooks Bracewell (1962-1974) - Find A Grave...

In that article it says 200 yet unidentified bodies have been found in Harris county alone since the 50ies. If you upscale that to entire TX, subtract males and those that are obviously out of the age bracket or have been found prior to 1974, that still probably leaves ~ 300 unid'ied bodies that could be one of the girls. That is if they have been dumped separately but if they were thrown in a swamp area or the like they may have been dumped all at once, but only one of them will turn up at a time.

Every time Rusty says Benbrook Lake has been cleared I want that third car UP even MORE!!!!!!!
That third car was cleared by AWP. Most likely it will never be brought up. I felt the same as you but, Rusty’s word was true In this instance. I’m still curious of barrels vs cars. Those girls are somewhere!

In that article it says 200 yet unidentified bodies have been found in Harris county alone since the 50ies. If you upscale that to entire TX, subtract males and those that are obviously out of the age bracket or have been found prior to 1974, that still probably leaves ~ 300 unid'ied bodies that could be one of the girls. That is if they have been dumped separately but if they were thrown in a swamp area or the like they may have been dumped all at once, but only one of them will turn up at a time.
Olsen has done extensive research. It intrigues me very much. I wish I had the opportunity to speak with Bell. Nit that you could believe a word out of his mouth. But, you could still read him. I’ve looked into him extensively for years now. I can’t mark him completely off but, I just can’t say I think he was who did this. He would be. A great fit but other than the fact of he abducted multiples, and the bodies took a long time to be found if ever, he doesn’t fit. Same with Welch. And as always there is the letter!!!!!! And that is definitely not Bell or Welch’s handwriting.

Olsen has done extensive research. It intrigues me very much. I wish I had the opportunity to speak with Bell. Nit that you could believe a word out of his mouth. But, you could still read him. I’ve looked into him extensively for years now. I can’t mark him completely off but, I just can’t say I think he was who did this. He would be. A great fit but other than the fact of he abducted multiples, and the bodies took a long time to be found if ever, he doesn’t fit. Same with Welch. And as always there is the letter!!!!!! And that is definitely not Bell or Welch’s handwriting.

I guess that without any further information, you can never rule out creeps like Bell, Welch and Debardelaban entirely, but as you mentioned the letter makes them less likely as suspects.

You can possibly put a few wrinkles it here and there, but the scenario Ozoner presented a few pages back seems very plausible, IMO.

That third car was cleared by AWP. Most likely it will never be brought up. I felt the same as you but, Rusty’s word was true In this instance. I’m still curious of barrels vs cars. Those girls are somewhere!
Hmmmm I never heard any member of AWP say that car was cleared guess I better keep looking.

Has anyone tried to get LE documents via FOIA requests for this case? I guess the chances are slim since this is technically an open case, but maybe worth a try?!

I always thought the car in the water theory was not a bad one. I've never seen an auto repair shop that didn't have some sitting around. Not just ones owned by the customer but usually some parts cars. They might be in running order or they might not be but it wouldn't matter if there was a tow truck. A car could be towed anywhere and dumped. It would be a good cover up, if someone happened along they could be made to believe the car is just being hauled in but when no one is looking simply dump it.
I've always liked that theory. If I'm going to suspect certain people had a part in this case I don't see how I can't consider it.

I always thought the car in the water theory was not a bad one. I've never seen an auto repair shop that didn't have some sitting around. Not just ones owned by the customer but usually some parts cars. They might be in running order or they might not be but it wouldn't matter if there was a tow truck. A car could be towed anywhere and dumped. It would be a good cover up, if someone happened along they could be made to believe the car is just being hauled in but when no one is looking simply dump it.
I've always liked that theory. If I'm going to suspect certain people had a part in this case I don't see how I can't consider it.
Also most any repair shop also ends up with abandoned customer cars. The customer sees the repair cost and decides not to fix the car and abandons it. The shop can eventually claim possession.

I think the Detectives know exactly what happened But cannot even PROVE the girls have passed soooo here we are 45 years later.
It's been a long time since I've followed any Texas cases besides this one, but I recall that back in the day, Texas was one of those states where murder charges would not be brought without a body, period. It might've even been written into law that charges couldn't be brought without a body.

Is it still that way down there? Here in Michigan no-body murder cases are becoming more common.

It seems like the letter would give them enough firepower to charge TT with capital murder if this case had occurred in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damo