TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was established that that ST's mother's police statement said they all entered the house. Rachel went in another room to pack up ST's clothes, while in the room she raised the music volume. ST's mother said the three girls were at the house when she left with ST.

Edited to add The verified insiders have the facts.

Interesting, I had never heard that bit of information before.

Interesting, I had never heard that bit of information before.
I just tried to message an insider to verify but it did not work. I can't provide document but it has been the source of discussions. I understand if my post needs to be deleted.

I just tried to message an insider to verify but it did not work. I can't provide document but it has been the source of discussions. I understand if my post needs to be deleted.
What do you mean by source of discussions?
Theorising is allowed here, and as long as you're making it clear that it's just your theory and that you're making a guess or that you've heard/saw it somewhere discussed as a rumor or without any credible backing.
I believe it was established that that ST's mother's police statement said they all entered the house. Rachel went in another room to pack up ST's clothes, while in the room she raised the music volume. ST's mother said the three girls were at the house when she left with ST.

Edited to add The verified insiders have the facts.
It's absolutely shocking to me to read about it cause - sure it's not my main focus 24/7, but I've read about this case a lot, went through all threads here and althought I could miss something or forget quite a lot (cause it was quite some time ago when I did it) and I never stumbled on anything like this. Nothing about ST's mother vitising the house on that day, nothing about them all being there, nothing like this.
Could be but I'm almost certain that none of VI's mentioned that here. And it's kinda not falling in line with the other info that they certainly provided. ST was supposed to spend christmas with Rachel and TT at their house (at least some part of christmas - then why Rachel would be packing his stuff? No mention of him being there during the weekend so why pack it up if he was supposed to come back next day? Or why not pack it to be picked up after the christmas visit? It'd certainly make sense to hide the gift for ST on the backseat floor if they were going inside, but what about the mall? What about the limited time for shopping? What about the ST when TT was supposed to be at work, DA was still in bed and Rachel left to pick up Renee and visit Army Navy?

It could really shake up the discussions, theories... everything in this case, if backed up, but this being discussed by someone, sometime, somewhere doesn't mean anything.
Where did you stumbled on or heard those discussions?

Remember that LE stood around with their thumbs up their you-know-whats for days or weeks once the letter surfaced because they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I'm not sure how soon the store clerks were interviewed.

IMO, Julie probably waited in the car, either alone or with CJG (if they had picked him up before that).
Fair point. I remember what LE did to this case, but I kept assumming that the dates of those insanely delayed interviews weren't when whitnesses actually started trying to recall what happened on 23rd of December 1974.

And that the timeline was kinda like this:
23.12.1974, afternoon - disappearance of the girls.
Evening - families calling whoever they could call to ask about girls whereabouts.
Night - families search the mall, asking people about the girls.
24th - news spreading through the neighbourhood.
25th - about the time when all friends, neighbours and acquaintances of the girls, their families, friends and neighbours were notified about their disappearance right away. Cause Christmas the very next day, family gatherings, so many occasions to exchange information and gossip.
26th, 27th - working days, and the time when I'd expect everyone to ask some questions, retrace their steps and try to realise if they saw the girls on 23rd or about the last time they saw them or what they heard about them.

If not like this, then I can't even imagine some random clerks (not even necessarily living in the area themselves, to be approached by some loon cop in late January, March or wherever they actually felt like doing something) to have the ability to recognise them on the pictures and still have any useful memory of seeing them on 23rd of December.
But it was covered by press and local tv then. Community was aware. And even if people bought the story in the letter...
Well, I don't know what kind of mentality people in Forth Worth had at the time, but I'd expect some outrage and annoyance for the girls who decided to just left their families for Christmas without a good reason to do so... - expressed by talking about it anyway, so still kinda spreading info about them disappearing.

Hello, all. My first post. I've read through all the threads on this (I think), and was wondering-- did Rachel resemble her sister very much physically? Could they have been mistaken for one another, from a distance? Thanks.
Hi, I actually don't think I've ever posted here although I've been watching the thread for quite a while. But to answer your question, I don't think so. I've only seen one picture of DA and although there is a slight resemblance, she was blonde and didn't look much like Rachel, imo.

The only reason I can see where the trio *might* stand out in a clerk's memory is how young Julie was. Most probably assumed she was with older siblings or a sitter, if she was ever seen/noticed in public with the older girls. Her age is one thing that has just always seemed really off to me about this case.

It is one thing for a 14 year-old to be hanging out with a mature for age 17-year-old, and I know things were a little different in that era, but a 9 year=old tagging along is still weird.

Quite possibly something transpired that caused a sudden change of plans (regarding arrangements for ST)...

What do you mean by source of discussions?
Theorising is allowed here, and as long as you're making it clear that it's just your theory and that you're making a guess or that you've heard/saw it somewhere discussed as a rumor or without any credible backing.

It's absolutely shocking to me to read about it cause - sure it's not my main focus 24/7, but I've read about this case a lot, went through all threads here and althought I could miss something or forget quite a lot (cause it was quite some time ago when I did it) and I never stumbled on anything like this. Nothing about ST's mother vitising the house on that day, nothing about them all being there, nothing like this.
Could be but I'm almost certain that none of VI's mentioned that here. And it's kinda not falling in line with the other info that they certainly provided. ST was supposed to spend christmas with Rachel and TT at their house (at least some part of christmas - then why Rachel would be packing his stuff? No mention of him being there during the weekend so why pack it up if he was supposed to come back next day? Or why not pack it to be picked up after the christmas visit? It'd certainly make sense to hide the gift for ST on the backseat floor if they were going inside, but what about the mall? What about the limited time for shopping? What about the ST when TT was supposed to be at work, DA was still in bed and Rachel left to pick up Renee and visit Army Navy?

It could really shake up the discussions, theories... everything in this case, if backed up, but this being discussed by someone, sometime, somewhere doesn't mean anything.
Where did you stumbled on or heard those discussions?
Quite possibly something transpired that caused a change of plans, regarding ST...

Is anyone able to access weather archive for the 23rd of December 1974 in Fort Worth?

I seem to recall reading on an earlier thread that someone said it was in the 60s Fahrenheit that day.
That's pretty cold for Texans, isn't it?

I was thinking about something else, but now it makes me wonder even more.

So according to the NamUs:

Julie was wearing:

- red shirt,
- dark jeans,
- red tennis shoes.

There is no available description of Rachel's clothing - strange, considering that at least few people saw her in the morning, yet no clothing description. Just that she was wearing this tiny, thin wedding ring that is barely visible on the picture.

And Renee was wearing:
- blueish purple hip hugger pants,
- WHITE?! pullover sweatshirt with "Sweet Honesty" in green letters,
- red&white oxford shoes,
- promise ring with single stone.

And even here it's all so weird. NamUs says that they were last seen in Seminary South, shopping. So apparently, SOME sightings, or at least one of them was found credible.
But what about that yellow shirt with green "sweet honesty" on front? I recall reading multiple times that those whitnesses from SS were so sure about recognising and seeing Renee there cause she was wearing that eye-catching, easy to notice and quite popular yellow t-shirt. But here instead of yellow tshirt she has white pullover sweatshirt? And blueish-purple hip hugger pants? Those pants went missing with her? Were found in the trunk?

Even this is SO WEIRD. It's not like one adult went missing after being seen only briefly by someone or disappeared at unknown time and family can't be sure what items of clothing they owned and what exactly is missing. Multiple people with 100% certaintity saw Rachel, including family - and not even something like "light shir or sweater"?
No descriptions of jackets, backpacks, bags, purses - neither of the girls had any?

I'm not familiar with NamUs procedure, so forgive me--who's their source for a missing person's description? And could any part of a description be inaccurate? TIA

There is no available description of Rachel's clothing - strange, considering that at least few people saw her in the morning, yet no clothing description. Just that she was wearing this tiny, thin wedding ring that is barely visible on the picture.

Even this is SO WEIRD. It's not like one adult went missing after being seen only briefly by someone or disappeared at unknown time and family can't be sure what items of clothing they owned and what exactly is missing. Multiple people with 100% certaintity saw Rachel, including family - and not even something like "light shir or sweater"?
No descriptions of jackets, backpacks, bags, purses - neither of the girls had any?
Yes, it is truly bizarre that no one can state what Rachel was wearing on the day that she disappeared. Not one item of clothing.

I also find the 'famous' picture of Rachel that was used on the Missing Posters a bad choice. Someone posted a picture of Rachel as she looked in late 1974 on an earlier thread. She looks nothing like on the Missing Poster, which was clearly taken a few years earlier. The hairstyle is a real giveaway.

You would almost think people close to Rachel had something to hide !!

Hmm....One thing with teenage girls though is the frequency they change and also share/swap clothing.

Again, with Julie's age, I would be most inclined to assume the description of her clothing is accurate. At 9, she probably dressed herself, but her parents would probably still have been buying her clothing, and would know what was missing, what she left the house wearing. It doesn't seem from what I've read that hanging around with much older girls was typical for her. Older teens going to the mall though? They could have changed outfits who knows how many times. I would say it would be a best guess as to what missing teens were wearing when they disappeared unless there are very reliable witnesses who saw them just prior to a known timeline for missing. i.e. a teen who goes missing right from a job in a uniform, that sort of thing. Opinion.observation only.

I did not realize pants were found in a trunk--of a vehicle, I assume? re: a changing room, you really do not *need* one to change pants. You could buy a new pair of pants and change in a public restroom. You could also change in a car, if you really wanted to. I know that sounds a bit out there, but again, teenagers.

Not saying either of those transpired, but easy enough to imagine as possible.

I agree-- most current/recent photo possible for missing person is preferred. As for no mention of what Rachel was wearing, it's possible she didn't stand out in what she had on that day. Or, maybe the other girls' families were more observant. I believe it was posted elsewhere on here that DA was reportedly half-asleep when she talked with Rachel that morning. Is it a certainty that Rachel stopped by her parents' house, before heading out to pick up Renee? In other words, who all actually saw Rachel that day? Sorry this was a bit lengthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway